PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Angel

Goldenboko
09-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Which One-Winged Angel was your favorite? Personally Advent Children's was my favorite. http://fukamachi.org/media/Advent_%20One-Winged%20Angel.mp3

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-10-2006, 08:40 PM
advent children, it sounds fuller than the original n i havnt heard th other 2 :D

Neo Blackheart
09-10-2006, 09:38 PM
advent children because in the FF VII he was pixilated and he was not looking as good, in Kh 1 you barely had time to see him he was so fast, and in KH 2 I can never beat him he does 1 move and I die.

Goldenboko
09-10-2006, 10:05 PM
advent children because in the FF VII he was pixilated and he was not looking as good, in Kh 1 you barely had time to see him he was so fast, and in KH 2 I can never beat him he does 1 move and I die.

....?
I asked what was your favorite 1 winged angel? Like the music... duh!

finalfantasyguy4ever
09-10-2006, 10:23 PM
advent children had the full one

TheSpoonyBard
09-10-2006, 10:36 PM
AC OWA http://forums.gamewinners.com/forums/images/smilies/rock.gif

vivi the master
09-10-2006, 10:56 PM
they are all good exept the 3rd one i never heard it so avdent children is the most ....... dramatic

The Crystal
09-10-2006, 11:40 PM
AC version of course. The cool thing, is that some parts of the lyric, have to do with Sephiroth in the movie.

Sephiroth: I will not be just a memory

Part of the lyric:
"Noli manere, manere in memoria" = "Won’t remain in memory"

I love it.

Twilight Edge
09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
AC OWA ftw.

Not only does it sound cooler,they changed the lyrics and prolonged the time(to like 6 minutes) so that it suit the time of battle between Cloud and Sephy.And don't forget,IT'S ROCK N' ROLL.

boys from the dwarf
09-11-2006, 07:32 PM
ive not heard either of the KH ones because ive not played them.

im a huge rock fan but even if i wasn't id still like the AC one more. i agree that it sounds more complete and full than the other.

Sefie1999AD
09-11-2006, 07:33 PM
The version of Advent: One-Winged Angel played in FF More Friends concert is my favorite version. There are a lot of versions about OWA, and here's my thoughts about some of them:

FFVII OST version - It's a very good song, but the synth quality could be better.

FFVII Reunion - It's orchestrated, but it just isn't strong enough. It needs more adrenaline, I think.

FFVII Piano Collections - A great arrangement, although it's quite hard to compare this with the other versions since this one is only for a piano.

FF Project Majestic Mix - It's pretty good, but it doesn't have a choir.

KH1 - A nice arrangement with great synth quality. The focus is on choir parts to make the song fit the fast-paced style of the game. This makes the song quite short, though.

KH2 - Similar to the version in KH1, except with a weaker synth. Nothing new here, really, which is a pity. I wish KH2's OWA had at least been based on AC's OWA.

FFVII AC version - This is great! It's orchestral like the Reunion version, but the Black Mages give this song the strength the Reunion version was lacking. The new interlude part is also excellent. A problem I have is that the electric guitar overwhelms all the other instruments too much. You won't notice it in the movie because of other sound effects playing, but I found it a problem when listening to the soundtrack.

FF More Friends version - Pretty much the same as FFVII AC version, except I think it's even better! The song is played live, and I don't really hear any mess-ups during the song. The only problem I have is that the fans are cheering several times during the song. The orchestral parts sound stronger than in the AC version, there's some additional parts for both the Black Mages and the orchestra that weren't in the AC version, and there's also a piano. What can I say, this version is great! :)

Aralith
09-11-2006, 08:01 PM
My personal favorite arrangements of OWA are the Reunion version and the Piano Collections version. In fact, I loved the Piano Collections rendition so much that I downloaded the sheet music and learned it. I think I probably like it better than the Reunion version in fact.

Now, Advent: One Winged Angel was pretty good, and I loved how they integrated the rock into the Reunion version, but when they added that whole new section into it I really didn't like it. One Winged Angel was a masterpiece already and I think adding a new part in just to satisfy Nomura's need for action was uncalled for.

I mean, honestly, he just wrote down lyrics, had someone translate them into Latin, and then told Nobuo to put them in the song. Not only that, but he rewrote the original lyrics. WTF?! You can't just come up to someone and say, "Hi. I rewrote the lyrics to your song and added new ones in, so if you could arrange the song to fit this, that'd be great." If somebody told me to do that with one of my songs, I wouldn't do it. A different arrangement is one thing, but when you rewrite lyrics and add in like three extra minutes of music, there is a problem.

Project G
09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I liked the original and the AC version!

Ac rocked thanks to the guitar in it and the original rocked because it was so menacing, ominous and evil sounding

LunarWeaver
09-12-2006, 04:36 PM
The original One Winged Angel sounds like it was made with a toddler's toy keyboard, so naturally it is the best.

Vincent's Inferno
09-16-2006, 03:34 AM
The original is my fav

The Crystal
09-16-2006, 03:46 AM
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/169933

Click in "Watch this Movie" then "Go to Preloader" then "Play Minigame Materia Madness" and then "Play". Unfortunatelly, this is not a complete version of the music, but is cool anyway.

Goldenboko
09-16-2006, 03:47 AM

Click in "Watch this Movie" then "Go to Preloader" then "Play Minigame Materia Madness" and then "Play". Unfortunatelly, this is not a complete version of the music, but is cool anyway.

Oh yeah I forgot about that one... I actually thought that one sucked.

The Crystal
09-16-2006, 03:53 AM

Oh yeah I forgot about that one... I actually thought that one sucked.

Is an option to someone that want to hear a more "fast" version of OWA, but without the rock'n roll, and without the different lyric of AC.

Yuffie514
09-16-2006, 10:32 AM
the original soundtrack still has the best music, and some favorites of mine are the Nanaki Theme and Crazy Motorcycle Chase, etc...

Cruise Control
09-19-2006, 04:04 AM
Where's the Reunion Tracks version. And the Piano Version. Your poll sucks. :)

Zeromus_X
09-19-2006, 04:17 AM
I like the Kingdom Heart's version.

Goldenboko
09-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Where's the Reunion Tracks version. And the Piano Version. Your poll sucks. :)

Awww... How nice of you to notice.

Nifleheim7
09-20-2006, 02:01 AM
The original of course!
But i like the other versions too.

Cruise Control
09-20-2006, 03:25 AM
Of course I noticed. I would vote Reunion tracks every time.

Edge7
10-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Advent Children was awesome! :D I also liked the reunion track.

The Crystal
10-21-2006, 01:25 AM
I want to know how will be the version of Advent Children Complete.

Cruise Control
10-21-2006, 01:39 AM
Great question, if it only it had something to do with the topic.

And the version that plays in materia madness, is Sector 7 Hath Wrought the Angel. It's from www.ocremix.org, composed by Trenthian.

The Full version can be found here: http://djpretzel.web.aplus.net/songs/Final_Fantasy_7_Sector7_Hath_Wrought_the_Angel_OC_ReMix.mp3

Markus. D
10-23-2006, 05:20 AM
Ultimate One Winged angel remix.

the special orchestrated one, sounds sorta like a horror movie n_n.