PDA

View Full Version : How many showers a week do you take?

The Devil Man
09-10-2006, 09:31 PM
This Thread is so blatantly inspired by Xander's socks one.

So, uhhhhh, a simple question. How many showers a week do you take? Or even a day? Do some of you go 3 times a day, or every day, or every 2 days, or every week, or every month, or every year... or do some of you not know what a shower is? :eek:

I go twice a day. Once in the morning, once when I get back in the evening. Thats 'twice a day, every single day'. I smell so good and fresh I never even need deodrant :D

There's a Poll up there somewhere so, umm, click on something if you want to.

Decessus
09-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Show-er?

starseeker
Usually every other night, just before I go to bed. I don't have enough time in the morning to let my hair dry.

McLovin'
I don't have time in the mornings (except on late starts) so I do them all at night. Usually 4 times a week. Never on weekends unless I am going somewhere.

Zeromus_X
Once a day.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Everyday. I love showers. I feel really uncomfortable if I dont take a shower one time a day. But every once in a while, Im too busy so I take a shower the next morning.

kikimm
09-10-2006, 09:35 PM
It depends on when. During the summer....maybe 3 a week. I'd take more but I don't see my friends/go out as much during the summer, so there's little incentive. During school, it's more like 5. I could never shower twice a day! I'm trying to be more environmentally conscience OR SOMETHING and use as little as possible. ;P Although if I was really dedicated I probably shouldn't be on the computer as much. D:

Anyways. Yeah. 5 a week.

Chloe.
09-10-2006, 09:36 PM
I usually have a shower every other day, sometimes in the evenings, sometimes in the mornings. It depends whether its a school day or not :bigsmile:

Quindiana Jones
09-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Show-er?

Damnit you bastard! Stop stealing my lines!

I tend to have a shower once every <s>year or so</s> day.

Yamaneko
09-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Seven or more depending on how sweaty I get at work.

Zeldy
09-10-2006, 09:38 PM
None of you understand the pain of having long thick hair, that as soon as it SEE'S water curls. None of you understand the pain of sitting for hours blow drying and straightning ;_____; Imagine doing that EVERYDAY. Twice a day.

I have a shower after 3 days. Thats good enough for me.
My hair is really good at not getting greasy, Its awesome. I don't have time to wash all my hair etc every night.

Never in a morning. I avoid Morning showers. Evening is best, as Im more awake, and I sleep on it and it flattens, as my hair goes so poofy xD

Decessus
09-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Can someone explain this foreign ritual you call 'Show-er'?

The Devil Man
09-10-2006, 09:40 PM
Wow, you guys type fast! I only just wrote up the Thread a minute or so ago and got working on the Poll.

So, ummm, please click on my Poll to :D If you get a moment! Thanks!

Great to know there are some very hygenic people on here :love:

Sylvie
09-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Once a day. If I don't, I wake up with greasy uncomfortable hair. Ew.

Rye
09-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Um... usually once a day, but sometimes during the summer I'll do it every other day, so I suppose 5-7 times a week. Sometimes I take a shower in the morning and a bath at night, so it's more than 7 at times. I love baths so much, I read in them. :bigsmile:

And Amy, I have really really long hair, so I somewhat feel your pain. I tie my hair back in a bun when I don't want to wash it (I wash my hair every other day usually, but in the summer I'll be lazy and do it once every three days) and it works good.

Cz
09-10-2006, 09:43 PM
Once a day, when I get home from school or wherever.

Quindiana Jones
09-10-2006, 09:45 PM

"Shower" is when I beat you round the face with a book comprising of all the witty comments you've said before me.

That or something to do with water.

Hawkeye
09-10-2006, 09:46 PM
I shower once a day, but I clean myself off 3 times, so I make sure I am clean, rather than just water trickling over me.

RSL
09-10-2006, 09:48 PM
I shower every morning. Some days after work I'll feel really gross so I'll shower again. Most times though, it's only once a day.

Decessus
09-10-2006, 09:49 PM

"Shower" is when I beat you round the face with a book comprising of all the witty comments you've said before me.

That or something to do with water.
Probably the former. WHICH IS CHILD ABUSE. I hope you have a good lawyer.

Quindiana Jones
09-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I am a good lawyer, boy!

Decessus
09-10-2006, 09:53 PM
I am a good lawyer, boy!
The Michael Jackson case begs to differ.

Well, I better hit myself in the face with a book full of witty comments.

Alive-Cat
09-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Once, maybe twice a week. :-/

I Took the Red Pill
09-10-2006, 10:08 PM
If you didn't know, I was killed in a freak paper cut accident, back in '91. So you killed yourself 2 years before your own birth. Sir, you continue to amaze me.

I shower 7 times a week.

Reles
09-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Everyday. I like to smell good.

Tavrobel
09-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Once a day before bedtime.

Shoeberto
09-10-2006, 10:15 PM
Once a day. If I don't, I wake up with greasy uncomfortable hair. Ew.
Same. Can't stand it.

I can't relate to the "there's no incentive during summer" thing because summer makes me feel like a giant hideous greaseball and I go insane if I don't take a shower everyday. It's lessened in other seasons, but I still hate to go a day without a shower.

Leen-Leen
09-10-2006, 10:17 PM
I shower at least once a day. I don't think there has ever been a day where I took more then one shower ... but I only wash my hair every other day. xP

Dreddz
09-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Wow, what a bunch of liers you all are :p

Anyways, I dont take showers, baths all the way :D

Spiffing Cheese
09-10-2006, 10:18 PM
I shower every other day, and have baths on the other days.

DarkLadyNyara
09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
None of you understand the pain of having long thick hair, that as soon as it SEE'S water curls. None of you understand the pain of sitting for hours blow drying and straightning ;_____; Imagine doing that EVERYDAY. Twice a day.
I feel your pain. My hair does not like water.:nonono: One of the reasons it never gets past shoulder length.

And, yeah, every couple of days. Although I will shower daily in the summer, if I'm actually doing something besides sitting in an air-conditioned building all day. :cool:

rubah
09-10-2006, 10:45 PM
What's the matter, is there one missing?

Fuego
09-10-2006, 11:38 PM
I shower at least once a day ... if i am very dirty and have time of course i will take another roll in the mud ... i mean shower :D

Vincent, Thunder God
09-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Every two days, but I still smell great divine.

Ryth
09-10-2006, 11:42 PM
I personally shower once everyday.

Araciel
09-10-2006, 11:42 PM
twice a day every day

Fuego
09-10-2006, 11:45 PM
I feel your pain. My hair does not like water.:nonono: One of the reasons it never gets past shoulder length.

And, yeah, every couple of days. Although I will shower daily in the summer, if I'm actually doing something besides sitting in an air-conditioned building all day. :cool:I can sympatize with ya...
I have hair past my elbow (correction now its to mid arm from should to elbow) and its a total pain to do the drying and styling ritual ... i try to do it only once every other day too ... but dam this texas humidity ... sometimes i exercise my vanity and then step outside to have it undone in 2 mins :crying:

~*~Celes~*~
09-10-2006, 11:45 PM
Usually once a day every day, but sometimes I don't make it to the shower -_-; It sucks but at least my hair doesn't get all nasty usually! ^_^

exit60b
09-10-2006, 11:54 PM
at least once a day.

my last boyfriend is a shower freak. he showers for anything and everything, and if i was sad or crying, he would tell me to go and take a shower. i don't understand how a shower would calm me down.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-11-2006, 12:00 AM
I've gone 3 days without a shower and didn't even smell funny. I asked my friends and family, and they had no idea. I just don't sweat. I guess that's my Japanese heritage.

BUT!!! I like to shower 3 times a day because I shower when I wakes, I shower after I excercise, and I shower before I sleep. My hair (which I never style and looks like an anime) never seems to be dry.

Jojee
09-11-2006, 12:04 AM

I have a shower after 3 days. Thats good enough for me.
My hair is really good at not getting greasy, Its awesome. I don't have time to wash all my hair etc every night.

Never in a morning. I avoid Morning showers. Evening is best, as Im more awake, and I sleep on it and it flattens, as my hair goes so poofy xD

I completely understand that. There's no way I would wash my hair every day. xD For that, it's every 3 days. However, showering, every day or pretty close to it. They're just quick showers where I don't get my hair wet :3

black orb
09-11-2006, 12:07 AM
>>> Whenever I feel like it..

Xaven
09-11-2006, 12:09 AM
Usually once a day, in the morning. I hate showering at night, because then my hair will be all wet and my back will be itchy all night. Then in the morning it will turn out all BLEGH!!!! like a monster.

I wake up at 05:10 and make my way over to the bathroom. The water helps wake me up. :D I just let my hair air-dry all morning long at school, which is good, because I can keep it tended to (like pulling down the wierd parts and keeping it all in place, so it'll stay that way for the rest of the day).

However, I usually skip Saturday and Sunday unless I'm going out somewhere.

Leeza
09-11-2006, 12:23 AM
At least 7 times a week. During summer it's probably 10 or so. :cat:

Meat Puppet
09-11-2006, 12:23 AM
Per week: 7 at least and 14 at the very most.

Mirage
09-11-2006, 01:50 AM
When I meet other people every day, I try to shower once a day. If i'm not going be around other people, I sometimes skip one or two days.
It's not healthy showering too much either. Once a day is about the highest shower frequency one should have.

Madame Adequate
09-11-2006, 01:56 AM
Every two or three days, it depends on what I'm doing and when. Oddly, my hair tends to be better the day AFTER I wash it than the day I wash it. Day three is still fairly tolerable. After that, washing is needed or I go insane from the big manky mop.

Edit: Anyone who showers more than once a day, without good reason (Such as, you know, actually getting dirty again) is neurotic.

tan
09-11-2006, 01:56 AM
I shower twice a day from Monday-Thursday because I always take a shower before school, and then I take a shower after tennis practice (it's really hot outside and I sweat a lot when I play). I will also take a shower after I go swimming. I don't like the whole feeling of dry sweat (which is usually sticky for me) or dry chlorine on me. It just doesn't feel right.

Pike
09-11-2006, 02:04 AM
I shower every morning. If I don't, my hair gets all... well, I'll spare you the details =P

Nominus Experse
09-11-2006, 03:43 AM
I shower at least once a day, and commonly shower twice a day due to the fact that I perform strenuous activities each day (long-distance running of 5 - 13 miles a day, Tae Kwon Do and swordplay,sit-ups, push-ups, basic training, and well, sometimes you gotta wash after doing good the ol' dirty).

Yuffie514
09-11-2006, 07:15 AM
...once a day (or more, when it is the winter season). i actually take a bath and would only use the shower in hotels or in relative's homes.

CloudDragon
09-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Once a day is all you need.

ValkyrieWing
09-11-2006, 07:37 AM
EVERY day. However, I usually wash my hair every other day, since it's naturally curly, and I'm not supposed to wash it every day. If I do I look like I got in a fight with an airplane or something.:P

So, yeah, every day. ^_^

Christmas
09-11-2006, 07:52 AM
I nuke civilizations with Meteor SHOWER every week. :bigsmile:

Samuraid
09-11-2006, 07:53 AM
Generally once a day. Showers = :D

Miriel
09-11-2006, 08:04 AM
Once a day usually. Sometimes twice if I'm reeeally hot or if I exercised.

Occassionally I'll skip a day when I'm just too busy or things are crazy hectic. That doesn't happen too often though.

Znake
09-11-2006, 08:27 AM
7. Once a Day. And I only ever have a Shower, I haven't had a Bath for about 3 Years.

Shlup
09-11-2006, 08:44 AM
I probably shower five or six times a week. No need to be wasteful.

Levian
09-11-2006, 10:31 AM
I probably shower five or six times a week. No need to be wasteful.

Shaun
09-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Three times a day? That's insane. As my hair is usually messed up every morning, it seems to be daily now, but no point in overdoing it, eh?

Markus. D
09-11-2006, 11:24 AM
1-2 times a day n_n-b

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-11-2006, 11:27 AM
If you take more than a shower a day youīre skin will get dry and fall off kicker. If you wash your hair more than once a day you will get bold faster.

If you donīt take a shower at least once a day you will probably die younger.

If you donīt take showers at all then you are a barbarian.

Peter_20
09-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Every year. I smell like Death itself.

What's a shower?XD

Anyway, I take about five showers a week. :)
Sometimes I'll do it every day. :cool:

Giga Guess
09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Once a day....twice when I take my kickboxing classes.

Loony BoB
09-11-2006, 01:21 PM
On average, once a day. Sometimes none, sometimes twice.

bipper
09-11-2006, 02:15 PM
6 times a week.

Breine
09-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I shower every morning. So, I guess I'm quite clean and stuff... :greenie:

Twilight Edge
09-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I shower 7 times a week.

Rusty
09-11-2006, 02:49 PM
I shower every night, but I don't always wash my hair - depends on how greasy it gets. On Mondays and Wednesdays I always wash my hair - 'cause I have such a long day at school.

boys from the dwarf
09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
twice a day. sometimes three if im really messed up.

NorthernChaosGod
09-11-2006, 10:13 PM
I voted once everyday, but on average I shower at least 8-9 times a week. I shower more than once some days.

Jowy
09-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Generally I shower every day. Of course, there'll be that one day that I don't have the willpower to drag myself in there so I'll just get up and go.

ChibiAxel
09-11-2006, 11:44 PM
lol i was just kidding but i shower once a day

fire_of_avalon
09-12-2006, 04:16 AM
Seven or more depending on how sweaty I get at worklife.

Dark Paladin
09-12-2006, 10:09 AM
I shower once a day. Actually i better go and have one soon i'm already late for school, even though i only have free periods today.

Project G
09-12-2006, 12:52 PM
I shower everyday! It's part of my morning routine!

The Devil Man
09-12-2006, 08:24 PM
I went into a shop today and got talking with one of my friends. Along came a spider... a gruesome, sweaty and stinky spider. My friend told me that this guy, he is a manager there, had the worst BO problem of anyone she has ever worked with and that it was so bad at least 1 person had left their jobs because of him. And she said that was the only reason he quit his job because the manager is a really nice guy, and people like him, but they just can't bring themselves to tell him how bad he smells!

I wonder how you do that... say someone smells really awful but you like them and care about their feelings... how do you bring yourself to tell them that they smell bad and they need to do something about it?

Jojee
09-12-2006, 08:28 PM
My friend was in that situation. He got a roommate last year that smelled REALLY bad. At first we were all hanging out together and stuff, but I noticed the smell and I was like *___________* so I never hung out with his roommate again. xD But he had to sleep in the same room as him... >_> They slept with their pillows facing each other, and my friend said his roomie's pillow smelled! ;.; I dunno how he put up with it the whole year. If I were him I woulda just said something like "um go shower you stinky poo head." Except not like that :p

And the sad part is, he decided to dorm AGAIN and he got the SAME roommate by chance this year. :p Poor kid.

The Devil Man
09-12-2006, 08:32 PM
But he had to sleep in the same room as him... >_> They slept with their pillows facing each other, and my friend said his roomie's pillow smelled! ;.; I dunno how he put up with it the whole year.

They slept with their pillows facing each other...

So you are saying they slept together in the same bed? *_*

How poor was this guy that he couldn't even afford his own bed? ;__; I'll send him some money to move out if he needs it.

Jojee
09-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Hahaha, no xD They had 2 beds, but the beds were like... head to head. Y'know what I mean? :p

The Devil Man
09-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Hahaha, no xD They had 2 beds, but the beds were like... head to head. Y'know what I mean? :p

Yeah. They were close enough to be able to hop into each others beds on a cold winters night and keep each other warm. :kiss:

Seriously though, I feel sorry for people like that and I make sure I don't make anyone suffer by simply exercising to death. For example, yesterday was a very hot day and I was sweaty when i was out and about and I was sticky when I came home. So today, one day later, it was very cloudy and muggy outside and extremely humid. I just went for a hard run for about an hour and a half, so much so, that I barely sweated when I came home. THATS when you know you've got all the potential stinkiness out of your body :love:

Sigh... I'm so kind, thinking of others...

feona17
09-13-2006, 03:58 AM
Esh, twice a day for me. Always one at night. If I really have no time in the morning it's a quick in and out, but I like longer showers.

Anaisa
09-13-2006, 02:56 PM
Showering too often dries out the skin. I shower or bathe three times a week.

The Unknown Guru
09-14-2006, 03:57 AM
Usually every other night, just before I go to bed. I don't have enough time in the morning to let my hair dry.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-14-2006, 04:01 AM
Normally just once a day. But when wrestling season starts up, I take two a day. I have to take one after practice or else I get all icky. But I only wash my hair once a day either way.

Bloodline666
09-14-2006, 04:31 AM
I take a shower every morning after I get out of bed. That's standard procedure for me.

The Real Dark Messenger
09-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I shower every morning. I really need my morning bath to wake - or else my day would be destroyed :mad:

But sometimes I really enjoy taking a bath before I go to bed. A nice long bath, and then being nice to my body with lots of lotions... hmm, maybe I should go do that now :bgl:

= sometimes two baths a day.

XandrewX
09-21-2006, 07:07 PM
I bath twice a day maybe more...depends on how hot the weather was...

edczxcvbnm
09-21-2006, 07:10 PM
I tend to shower 5-6 times a week. I ain't got /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif to do on the weekend most of the time so I generally don't care.

Jess
09-21-2006, 07:18 PM
I usually shower once a day, and I take about 30-45 minutes in the shower, but if it's a really hot day, go swimming, or go to the beach or something like that I'll shower twice.