PDA

View Full Version : Uniform

Chloe.
09-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Well I was just wondering if any of you have to wear a uniform to school or work or wherever. My school have just changed the uniform and it is horrible. We have to wear a black blazer with the school logo on it (and I really don't understand the logo), a red and gold tie (I don't even know how to do a tie up :() a white shirt and black trousers. I really don't like it and the blazers are way to hot to wear. We look like Men in black......I really do look like a man in it....:(

So anyway what does your uniform look like? (If you have to wear one) :bigsmile:

Spiffing Cheese
09-10-2006, 10:23 PM
I have to wear black trousers (or a burgundy skirt - like that'll ever happen), a white blouse/shirt, a burgundy tie and black shoes. Our jumpers and fleeces are also burgundy, but they're not required.

Quindiana Jones
09-10-2006, 10:23 PM
I don't wear clothes.

Seriously: Black trousers, white shirt, no tie, black blazer, no logos anywhere.

Leen-Leen
09-10-2006, 10:24 PM
I just switched schools, and they have a uniform here. It's like a white blouse with a patch that has the school's name on it and a little sketch of the school, and a blue tie. Over that you're supposed to wear a green jacket, with gray or black pants.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-10-2006, 10:27 PM
I hate uniforms, but the ones in the school I go to are flexible. We can wear any white shirt, but it has to be collared. Any navy blue pants. And if you want a sweater. I hate uniforms anyways. x_x

Spiffing Cheese
09-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Uniforms are a good idea. Nobody gets picked on by chavs for the clothes they wear. :)

McLovin'
09-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Sorry, I go to a normal school.

:P

Captain Maxx Power
09-10-2006, 10:35 PM
I really don't like it and the blazers are way to hot to wear. We look like Men in black......I really do look like a man in it....:(

Are the trousers compulsory, or can you wear a skirt instead? One sure fire way to keep cool and not look like a bloke is to wear a skirt...unless we're talking about the resident school crossdresser of course.

I'm going to uni, so no uniform for me except a general feeling of smugness and knowing of the world.

Quindiana Jones
09-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Uniforms are a good idea. Nobody gets picked on by chavs for the clothes they wear. :)

Haha I pick on chavs for the clothes they were.

Zeldy
09-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Im so used to Uniforms, as Ive grown up with them, and I think they are a good idea. When I wear a Uniform I kinda go into a 'School' mode, when Im in my own clothes Im more lazy.

As Im now a senior in school, my Uniform has changed, I now wear a Black skirt, black socks, black jumper,(The lower years wear grey) white blouse and my Tie is Blue and Black, and I have a Marroon blazer, with my School logo on the front pocket.

My school logo dosn't mean anything anymore.
http://www.khs-fritzlar.de/img/rainford-logo-90x90.gif
but it has a 'R' in the middle. It used to mean all our school houses joined, but school houses are hardly used, only for Sports now.

Oh, and my school is totally opposite to the person posted below. Complete opposite.
If even have my blouse untucked I get took to one side, and theres a chance of a Lunch time detention Ties have to be 5 stripes (That one is always broken) and Skirts have to be knee length.

RPJesus
09-10-2006, 10:48 PM
I do, but it's an alright uniform- black clothes and a red and black tie. they don't do a great job of enfocing it anyway, because, well, the management are arseholes. I never bother with the tie. They tell you off for that, though, and won't say a word to the idiots in tracksuits, because they're too afraid.

The school I was t'meant to go to, in t'England, would've been worse. All girls school, would've forced my beefy legs into a skirt.

Madame Adequate
09-10-2006, 10:54 PM
My old school had a uniform, but there were only one or two teachers who actually said anything.

Uniforms are possibly the ONLY thing on which I agree with crazy anarchists who say it's just a method of destroying individuality. They serve no purpose whatsoever.

Tavrobel
09-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Khakis with the school logo, solid color dress shirt, belt, blazer (red = upperclassmen, blue for under), tie (any sane style accepted), and dress shoes, but the ones you buy there are surprisingly comfortable. The rules itself are lax, but when something doesn't follow (or someone hasn't tucked his shirt in), they are strictly enforced. Alternatively, we can wear grey trousers and polos (when seasonally applicable).

As far as individuality goes, I'm the only person who wears purple socks, and everyone else doesn't care about how they look (I go for the comic relief). It's a small school, so everyone knows everyone else.

Fuego
09-10-2006, 11:30 PM
Its funny because my job makes me wear a uniform ... i just have to go out to the mall and buy it :tumble:

Its crappy though i have been promised a uniform for the past 4 years i have worked here and i have to keep replacing my own clothes when the get too dilapidated to wear.

Cheap bastards !

Araciel
09-10-2006, 11:44 PM
went to privatized school, had to wear white slacks and a navy sweater vest or jacket with a white collared shirt underneath..

i used to wear a pair of black pants and a red button up shirt for work...also i was outfitted with a key caddy and a fanny pack to keep change in, i was a slot machine attendant

your.mind.is.on.the.line
09-11-2006, 12:37 AM
I've never gone to a school with a uniform. At work I have to wear one (I'm a waitress, so this is expected). It's not bad. Black, khaki, or navy blue slacks, and a white button down collared oxford shirt. The only pain in the rear part, is that I have to iron a crease in it every day..

Meat Puppet
09-11-2006, 12:41 AM
I had to wear a uniform for the first 2 years at high school. Nobody really ever wore the uniform, and the teachers hardly ever did anything about it. They did decide one day to get really strict about it but by then I was out of my uniform years.

Faris
09-11-2006, 01:16 AM
I say no to B's (Bare shoulders, Bosoms, Buttocks, Bare belly... among other things), other than that, I can wear what I want.

Mirage
09-11-2006, 01:54 AM
I've never worn a school uniform in my life, and I hope we'll never start using them in Norway.

Mo-Nercy
09-11-2006, 02:07 AM
I'm in uni now so no uniform for me.

But my high school uniform was:
Year 7-10: blue shirt, chocolate coloured tie with diagonally-running blue stripes, dark grey trousers, black leather shoes.
Year 11-12: white shirt, light brown tie with mini school logos all over it in yellow, lgiht grey trousers, black leather shoes.

At work, I have to wear a black shirt with yellow stripes, dark blue pants, a cap and a name badge.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-11-2006, 02:09 AM
Luckily I don't wear a uniform. If I did it would stomp out the wonderous individuality of my clothes. Few people wear my hand-picked, colourful atire, even though I have caved in to commercial pressures and bought them in regular stores.

Jojee
09-11-2006, 02:59 AM
I had a uniform in middle school. We had to wear navy or khaki pants/skirt and a white button up shirt. ^_^

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-11-2006, 03:30 AM
Nope. Never had a school uniform and I doubt I ever will. And I don't much care for the idea of them.

But now that I think about it...I should get my girlfriend one. ;)

Yuffie514
09-11-2006, 07:17 AM
work, yes. school, never. i really don't mind what i have to wear at work unless it's a dress. i would never apply for a job like that...

41-Inches-Wide
09-11-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm in college and we have a uniform. :3 So unlucky.
I wear 5 days a week this white blouse and white pleated skirt. On the blouse I clip the University's golden pin on a dark blue ribbon. (It's such a hassle.) I wish I go to a school that allows civilian clothes.

Shlup
09-11-2006, 09:50 AM
I wished we had to wear uniforms to school. Makes things easier. We never did though.

I've had jobs with uniforms before (or "costumes" in Disneyland's case), but my current job doesn't have uniforms, and I never expect to have a job that requires uniforms again.

Levian
09-11-2006, 10:20 AM
You'd think the school would have more important things to use their money on.

Shlup
09-11-2006, 10:36 AM

You have to buy the uniform yourself, smarty.

Levian
09-11-2006, 10:46 AM

You have to buy the uniform yourself, smarty.

Oh, well in that case...:shifty: I'd have to say that... *runs*

Madame Adequate
09-11-2006, 11:21 AM
I like school girl uniforms, but that's another story for another time, and one that isn't particularily appropiate perhaps...

I never once had wear a uniform to school, but the work force seems to have a whole standardized thing going for them. Not strictly to the point where everyone is the exact same, but the same kind of dress in this sense- black or dark blue pants or shorts, some kind of chosen colour for a shirt, and a vision of having the hair be cropped or very well managed. You are supposed to look like a human that is trained to make others happy, which keeps you human, but ultimately forgettable.

I would content that looking like someone trained to makes others happy makes you seem like an automaton, not a Human. And forgettable.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-11-2006, 11:24 AM
When i was at elementary school i had to use a uniform but i looked good on it i was already a fine looking kid at that time.

Rusty
09-11-2006, 11:25 AM
I don't have to wear a uniform - I can wear mostly whatever I want - but it has to be "appropriate". I much prefer wearing a uniform. I've worn one my whole life for school until now. Not having a uniform is not as great as it sounds.

black orb
09-11-2006, 11:34 AM
>>> I used to wear something like this (http://www.temple.medway.sch.uk/school_uniform.html), it sucked..

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-11-2006, 11:45 AM
I wore a year 7 (12 year old) blazer till I was in year 12 (17 year old), worse it was a maroonish colour that kind of made it easy for muggers to spot us

Skogs
09-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Never had to wear a uniform at school, but now when I visit the hospital wards as part of my course I'm expected to wear a shirt and tie. That said, doctors and medical students aren't expected to have a consistant uniform, whereas the nurses and other allied health proffessionals are. It smacks of double standards if you ask me...

starseeker
09-11-2006, 05:58 PM
My uniform is a white blouse, a knee length skirt made of Black Watch tartan, a V-necked jumper in any colour and shoes with less than a 2" heel/ 4cm.

Zeldy
09-11-2006, 06:16 PM
I wish that was the case. School dosn't pay a penny for uniforms. Its my parents who pay £40 for a new Blazer every other year :p

Araciel
09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
I wish that was the case. School dosn't pay a penny for uniforms. Its my parents who pay £40 for a new Blazer every other year :p

heck yes....it sucked

Araciel
09-11-2006, 06:34 PM
what's wrong with that

Vikeve
09-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Nope no uniforms.

Sometimes i think wearing uniforms could be cool but then i see some and im glad i don't have to wear any.

Quindiana Jones
09-11-2006, 08:18 PM
MIB uniforms are the coolest ever. You can't do something amazing cool like gamble, fight, or defend the Earth from evil hostile aliens without a suit. Well, you can, you just look less cool afterwards, because when you finish, you pull up the jacket, and fix you tie, then <s>walk</s> strut off.

:bigsmile:

theundeadhero
09-11-2006, 08:49 PM
http://www.geocities.com/floydsarmy/classy.jpg