PDA

View Full Version : Glitch?

Znake
09-11-2006, 08:20 AM
On my last playthrough of FFIV, after fighting Pink Flans and picking up a Pink Tail :D, I headed back to Mysidia to change to my favoured party, but when I got there, the group that I'd left behind; Kain, Porom, Edward, Yang and Cid where all at lv 99, and Cid, Yang and Kain with 9999hp. The only character who was lv 99 when I left Lunar Subterrain, was Rydia. Is this supposed to happen or is it a glitch?.
I know characters that you meet for the first time, join the party at around the Levels of the rest, and one's that leave during the game, return at higher Levels, but this?
Also I read that Yang's HP will never go above 6000, no matter what lv he's at.

So what do you think has happened.

Captain Maxx Power
09-11-2006, 11:50 AM
Any members not in your current active party will gain experience. The annoying thing about this is that you can't control the level-up gains of these characters, meaning it's impossible to optimise every character to their maximum. Interestingly the characters will gain experience relevant to the individual experience, not the total experience, that your current party members gain based on the number of active party members. In other words, if the screen says "Gained 5000 Exp", all of your inactive party members gain 5000 Exp a piece. This means that it's slightly faster to have a character solo and gain the maximum experience per battle per person (Having anymore divides the experience between them) if you want to level up all of the inactive party members.

Also though Yang's base HP cannot go beyond 6000, he can gain extra HP from Silver/Golden apples. In addition Cid is the only character who will consistently have 9999 HP come level 99.

Znake
09-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Also though Yang's base HP cannot go beyond 6000, he can gain extra HP from Silver/Golden apples. In addition Cid is the only character who will consistently have 9999 HP come level 99.That's one thing I don't understand about it. Yang and Kain both have 9999 HP without me using any Silver/Golden Apples.

Evastio
09-11-2006, 09:38 PM
I headed back to Mysidia to change to my favoured party, but when I got there, the group that I'd left behind; Kain, Porom, Edward, Yang and Cid where all at lv 99, and Cid, Yang and Kain with 9999hp. The only character who was lv 99 when I left Lunar Subterrain, was Rydia. Is this supposed to happen or is it a glitch?.
:confused:

Both Kain and Yang having 9999 HP without the use of Golden Apples is definitely weird. All I know for sure is that never happened to me.

Captain Maxx Power
09-11-2006, 09:42 PM
That's one thing I don't understand about it. Yang and Kain both have 9999 HP without me using any Silver/Golden Apples.

The HP growth of characters is predetermined for them and isn't based on any other stats. This basically means that Kain/Cid/Cecil etc. will always gain large amounts of HP, whereas people like Rosa/Rydia/Palom/Porom will gain comparitively large amounts of MP. Cid is the only character in the game who, come Level 99, will always have 9999 HP. In comparison the other characters, due to the random nature of HP gains, may or may not get to 9999 HP, and in many cases won't under their own HP growth. I have no knowledge of HP/MP growth in characters. There are only certain "rules" that are applied to each character that are visible in game. These are;

- Cid will always have 9999 HP by Level 99, if not before
- Yang's HP will stop growing at Level 60, and caps at 6000.
- Tellah's MP will never go beyond 90
- FuSoYa's MP won't start growing until Level 71

In your case I imagine it is a glitch. In my game Yang had approximately 6039 HP at Level 99. The 6000 cap was present in the SNES version, so I imagine that the last value HP added on doesn't set it to 6000, rather it checks if the value is set above 6000 and then stops. So if you have 5994 HP and gain 103 that level, you'll end up with 6097 HP, and not gain anymore after that. It may have something to do with the fact that he wasn't in the active party, and thus his HP gains may have been disregarded or incorrectely calculated.

Paul
09-12-2006, 01:29 AM
i have the game boy advance version, and Yang has over 8000 HP (fastest HP growth of my party), he is roughly level 76, 77. i haven't used any silver apples on him or anything like that.

Zeromus_X
09-12-2006, 01:34 AM
Oh, is that how it works, for Yang? Yeah, he stopped at 6,009 for me.