PDA

View Full Version : FF 12 a Little bit disappointing [SPOILERS]

Guardians
09-11-2006, 09:31 AM
i had watch all the FMV and myself playing japan version....

the story only base on war between kingdom and kingdom.....

on previous ff like ff 8, ff9, ff10, ff 10-2, sure got some romantic FMV or contains a lvoe story but FF 12 only talk about war like final fantasy tactic...

the ending also simple.... nothing special......,After the Vayne's death, the war has been end...... Larse be the king of Archadia and Ashe be the Queen of Dalmasca... Vaan finaly be a sky pirate.....Balflear and Fran continue their sky pirate lifestyle(althorugt the ending didn't say but they get back their airship from Vaan and leave them a lettle)...After Basch's brother died, Basch continue his brother jod as Judge to protect Larse....... a simple ending...

above is just my personal comment (my english not good, sry ^^)

Mirage
09-11-2006, 09:53 AM
I think it is good that the theme of love isn't as important in 12 as it was in the other late Final Fantasies. It'll be a nice change, I think. There's no rule saying Final Fantasy games must be love stories...

Guardians
09-11-2006, 11:58 AM
not must be love story but.... the story will too common i think...

aerithsloveslave
09-11-2006, 12:35 PM
If the story is as deep and convoluted as Tactics, I will be happy. I love that kind of stuff. The whole love story bit has been done to death lately in the series, anyways.

Paul
09-12-2006, 01:40 AM
the love stories of final fantasy aren't great. the best stories of the series have had love elements, but not been focused on them (FF7, FF6, FF4).

FFtactics was great because the story was so gritty and realistic. if FF12 is like this i'll be happy, with real characters not going week at the knees in the presence of each other

Zeromus_X
09-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Although, this time, it'll actually be translated properly and hopefully make some sense.

Guardians
09-12-2006, 10:49 AM
in some China FF wedsite, some ppl was saying the FF 12 was the episod before the FF tactic (just similier) , duno u all feel how on FF 12, btw, oafter act 31, uhope u all post ur feeling after play on forum ^^

Aria28
09-12-2006, 04:27 PM
in some China FF wedsite, some ppl was saying the FF 12 was the episod before the FF tactic (just similier) , duno u all feel how on FF 12, btw, oafter act 31, uhope u all post ur feeling after play on forum ^^

Indeed, this is supposed to be the same world, only centuries earlier. I'll edit this post as soon as I can access my links from home - I have one in Japanese and one in French explaining this - sorry, there's no English site that has published this info that I could find. There probably must be one though ^_^

Paul
09-12-2006, 04:39 PM
february 23rd for me :(

Mirage
09-12-2006, 05:04 PM

Indeed, this is supposed to be the same world, only centuries earlier. I'll edit this post as soon as I can access my links from home - I have one in Japanese and one in French explaining this - sorry, there's no English site that has published this info that I could find. There probably must be one though ^_^

No, it only uses the name "Ivalice", just like several other Final Fantasy games have used the name "Gaia" for their worlds, without them being even remotely linked to each others.

Also, where are you from, Guardians?

Aria28
09-13-2006, 09:02 AM
No, it only uses the name "Ivalice", just like several other Final Fantasy games have used the name "Gaia" for their worlds, without them being even remotely linked to each others.

I'm sorry, but I may have to disagree with that: Ivalice - Chronologie (http://www.ffworld.com/?rub=ff12&page=ivalice_chrono)

You'll see that they also link to a japanese site, for reference. Given some things that FFT, FFTA and FF XII have in common, some being spoiler material, it doesn't surprise me in the least

Setzer Gabianni
09-13-2006, 09:08 AM
i had watch all the FMV and myself playing japan version....

the story only base on war between kingdom and kingdom.....

on previous ff like ff 8, ff9, ff10, ff 10-2, sure got some romantic FMV or contains a lvoe story but FF 12 only talk about war like final fantasy tactic...

the ending also simple.... nothing special......,After the Vayne's death, the war has been end...... Larse be the king of Archadia and Ashe be the Queen of Dalmasca... Vaan finaly be a sky pirate.....Balflear and Fran continue their sky pirate lifestyle(althorugt the ending didn't say but they get back their airship from Vaan and leave them a lettle)...After Basch's brother died, Basch continue his brother jod as Judge to protect Larse....... a simple ending...

above is just my personal comment (my english not good, sry ^^)

It's a welcome change to have no love story. You always get happy endings anyway, don't see why this ending is different to the others. More characters die then ever, which rarely happened in other games. All FF endings are simple. They're not that different. IMO anyway..
FFVIII - defeat sorceress. Everyone lives
FFIX - Defeat Kuja. Happy Ending.
FFX - Sure Tidus goes but if you play X-2..

I can name characters who die and I haven't even played the game yet!

Reddas, Vossler, Noah (Gabranth), Drace, Ghis, Bergan, Cid, Vayne..

I understood you perfectly as well :tongue:

~Setzer Gabbiani

Mirage
09-13-2006, 04:15 PM

I'm sorry, but I may have to disagree with that: Ivalice - Chronologie (http://www.ffworld.com/?rub=ff12&page=ivalice_chrono)

You'll see that they also link to a japanese site, for reference. Given some things that FFT, FFTA and FF XII have in common, some being spoiler material, it doesn't surprise me in the least
That site doesn't mean anything to me, even if I could read French or Japanese. Give me something official, please.

Dell
09-13-2006, 05:01 PM
What's wrong with this game story? I'm glad they give importance to all party member instead of the main character.

Aria28
09-13-2006, 05:29 PM
That site doesn't mean anything to me, even if I could read French or Japanese. Give me something official, please.

Ha, good question:p ! I was almost sure I had read an interview of Matsuno saying just that, but maybe I dreamed it? LOL Now I have a doubt all of a sudden. I'll try to find it again, but until then, consider the issue put under a conditional "question mark" on my end. There are, however, an awful lot of connections, so it would make a lot of sense if it's what Matsuno had in mind (there are notably historical references to the events of FFT in Vagrant Story - I'd have to replay them to check if such a thing occurs with FF XII as well)

EDIT: It would be the same world, at least according to this FF XII preview (http://www.videogames.yahoo.com/gamepreview?cid=1951016932&tab=previews&page=0&eid=379950) and to that other interview (http://egm.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3113170&did=1) (since they say they wanted to "it's kind of like a feeling that we get to portray the world and show the world and present the world in a slightly different way, a world that we all love"). So obviously, it's a world that has more connections with the other Ivalices than the Gaia worlds, for instance, where there was no obvious link.

However, I'll check the Japanese site sources (usually they take their informations from the official guides and other publications endorsed by Square, but you never know, so I'll double check that :) ) since I am now wondering if the chronology is more wishful thinking, or if there's anything more tangible about the links they see in terms of history (apart from the FFT - Vagrant Story one I was mentionning above)

Mirage
09-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Interesting interviews, but I don't think they neither confirmed or denied whether or not it is the same world.

Paul
09-13-2006, 09:09 PM

what's YOUR source?

Mirage
09-13-2006, 10:21 PM
My "source" is just my own reasoning, because they haven't officially stated that there is any other connection than the name. Therefore, I think it's reasonable to assume that they're just connected by name, because that is the trend in Final Fantasy games.
Was there anything else, Paul?

Paul
09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
no, i just wanted to make you admit that even though you shot down someone elses claim without evidence, you yourself had no evidence of your own claim.

Aria28
09-14-2006, 12:07 AM
My "source" is just my own reasoning, because they haven't officially stated that there is any other connection than the name. Therefore, I think it's reasonable to assume that they're just connected by name, because that is the trend in Final Fantasy games.
Was there anything else, Paul?

Well the fact that Matsuno, I quote from the first link I posted above, "did confirm that there are no direct connections to any previous game set in Ivalice--it's the same world, but don't expect any familiar faces" tells me that, well, it is the same world, LOL I guess Matsuno would know, since he's the man behind all the games that happen in Ivalice (FF XII spin off excluded, since he's left Square now). I don't know exactly how much more official it should get :p Btw, there's been a small change from that statement since Montblanc, who appeared in FF TA appears in FF XII as well

What I would like to find out now is if indeed all the stories happen on the same timeline, although seperated by centuries, or more, or if they are kind of "the same world in alternate dimensions", like it was suggested on other forums

no, i just wanted to make you admit that even though you shot down someone elses claim without evidence, you yourself had no evidence of your own claim.

Amen to that, Paul :D

Dignified Pauper
09-14-2006, 01:35 AM
does this mean that the game doesn't have an ultimate villain who is trying to destroy the world?! ALRIGHT! This game will rock.

Aria28
09-14-2006, 01:51 AM
does this mean that the game doesn't have an ultimate villain who is trying to destroy the world?! ALRIGHT! This game will rock.

Indeed, there is no "I'm gonna destroy the planet (just because I'm the villain and this is what a villain does in FF)" in this one

And I must say I love that even more than previous storylines, even if I liked all the FF until here anyway

Dignified Pauper
09-14-2006, 07:11 AM

Indeed, there is no "I'm gonna destroy the planet (just because I'm the villain and this is what a villain does in FF)" in this one

And I must say I love that even more than previous storylines, even if I liked all the FF until here anyway

that's amazing. I mean, i think FFT pulled it off well, but still, this will feel like an awesome mix of Suikoden II/Final Fantasy/Awesome

Guardians
09-14-2006, 03:05 PM

i from malaysia~, i know there not much ppl on my country spam on this forum

I Am Stoner
09-14-2006, 03:32 PM
I was hoping for a romance story in FFXII but I guess the story of friends bonding is just as important.

Dell
09-16-2006, 08:32 AM
I was hoping for a romance story in FFXII but I guess the story of friends bonding is just as important.

There seem to be a rumour of love between Penelo and Vaan.

that's amazing. I mean, i think FFT pulled it off well, but still, this will feel like an awesome mix of Suikoden II/Final Fantasy/Awesome

Cool!!! Another people play Suikoden!!!

Perfect! I thought Vayne was like that.
He must have love his good little brother.

Paul
09-16-2006, 12:28 PM
i don't know why everyone wants a love story. it's not like square's writers are at a level to accurately convey any kind of love relationship at all.

the only relationship in i've ever found remotely realistic was Elly and Fei.

Guardians
09-17-2006, 11:54 AM

Vaav and Panelo not a couple, just they both live togather and very good childhood friends (since their parent had pass away and only left them)

Dell
09-17-2006, 12:21 PM

Vaav and Panelo not a couple, just they both live togather and very good childhood friends (since their parent had pass away and only left them)

A RUMOUR/RUMOR, whichever you prefer.

Setzer Gabianni
09-18-2006, 02:53 PM
She likes him, that's obvious. So I've heard anyway.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Clord
09-18-2006, 05:53 PM
Logic say that FF XII and FFTA are linked at least in thing called "same world".

Races, even battle pretty much is simillar, judges (however judges no longer come and give cards magically to them), Moogles (FFTA Moogles was first to trade via Airship not to mention first who invented them).

Guardians
09-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Logic say that FF XII and FFTA are linked at least in thing called "same world".

Races, even battle pretty much is simillar, judges (however judges no longer come and give cards magically to them), Moogles (FFTA Moogles was first to trade via Airship not to mention first who invented them).

u should include FFT too since FFT also take place in Ivalice... and the demon (that one like bull, forgot the name already) now be the summon in FF XII

Hiraku
09-27-2006, 08:10 PM
I knew the story of FFXII as well, and even if there isn't love story, there are other aspects of life that are equally imiportant, in this game, it was to focus upon individual's secret desire (Well, actually, more upon the main characters', but still), and basically, how far will they go to fulfill their dreams. And that isn't disappointing because it's important for people to understand what they want in the process of being closer to that ideal self (I'm a very platonic person :p)
Yeah, I agree, Vayne isn't a villain. He's just like any other conquerors known in our history of mankind, a man trying to attain something he knows he can't reach.

Paul
09-28-2006, 01:59 AM
it sounds like the stories are growing up. i'm glad because i've grown up, and the Final Fantasy pattern was getting a bit contrived.