PDA

View Full Version : Should the Next Chrono Trigger be a Strategy game?

Kumo
09-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Would something like this work? I really did like both games, even though the second one did have quite a few characters I didn't care for. Sure, it would be REALLY sweet if we had FFX style graphics or BETTER for the next Chrono game, but I also think it would be a great idea to have a Tactics game like what FF Tactics was.

Perhaps at this point in time (during the PS3 generation), Strategy genre games won't be seen as much, due to their somewhat outdated graphics. But it would definitely be nice to see something like this on the PSP, especially since that genre isn't well respresented on that system.

Hope you don't mind my rant.

Skarr
09-11-2006, 01:01 PM
I like strategy games...however, I don't think Chrono whatever, should be a strategy game. It just wouldn't feel right. Anywho when you say "next Chrono game", do you know something about a sequel I don't?

Mirage
09-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Yes, it's called Chrono Break and it's gonna be released next year!

Kumo
09-11-2006, 03:53 PM
I thought that was still just a rumor. But lets just hope it's been kept under wraps. PS2 format, right?

Mirage
09-11-2006, 04:36 PM
Yes indeed. And they've registered trademarks for a Chrono Blade too, for the PS3.

Wuggly Blight
09-11-2006, 09:27 PM
They registired the names but annoced they had scrapped any plans for development of them along time ago. A 3D Zeal will have to wait a few more years.

Skarr
09-12-2006, 01:04 AM
That's what I thought.

LunarWeaver
09-12-2006, 01:13 AM
I wouldn't want an S-RPG, but I'd take it if that's what they offered. I'd take any Chrono because I'm just a newb like that.

Although if they made another one I'd just have to wade through many "Milking the franchise" threads :cry: Ah, sequels...What we all beg for and then don't want.

Kumo
09-12-2006, 09:13 AM
Now I pose you THIS question.

HOW cool would an online Chrono Trigger be? Thousands of characters zipping through past, present, and future, defeating Lavos Spawn and such . . . collecting pendants and Dreamstone to forge items ... now I would LOVE to play something like that.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-12-2006, 10:02 AM
Deviating from the original genre should be reserved for spin-off games. Let's worry about getting an actual sequel first.

edczxcvbnm
09-12-2006, 04:42 PM
Strategy? No...just no. I agree with Kawaii on this one.

If only there would be another Chrono game ;_;

Mirage
09-12-2006, 05:01 PM
They registired the names but annoced they had scrapped any plans for development of them along time ago. A 3D Zeal will have to wait a few more years.

No, I mean like two weeks ago.

Rogue
09-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Yes, it's called Chrono Break and it's gonna be released next year!

Yes indeed. And they've registered trademarks for a Chrono Blade too, for the PS3.

ummm prove where u have heard this is want to know:confused: :confused: i thought they canceled chrono break and never heard of chrono blade......

Zeality
09-15-2006, 04:42 PM
After finishing Cross, Masato Kato and crew wanted to make a new Chrono game. Sakaguchi was sort of behind it and they discussed plot details in 2001. Trademarks were registered but the project was never given the green light. Then, several employees jumped ship to Monolith Soft and the trademarks continue to rot to this day. That's the sad story.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-15-2006, 04:56 PM
The good news is that Kato has since returned to Square. And Yasunori Mitsuda has often voiced his eagerness to compose for another Chrono game.

Sephex
09-16-2006, 03:59 AM
I know this...and it's eating away at my poor, poor soul.

Eiko Guy
09-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Now I pose you THIS question.

HOW cool would an online Chrono Trigger be? Thousands of characters zipping through past, present, and future, defeating Lavos Spawn and such . . . collecting pendants and Dreamstone to forge items ... now I would LOVE to play something like that.
are you crazy no that would ruin the series if all those people are messing with time it might collapse and stop existence

Kumo
09-17-2006, 05:37 PM
are you crazy no that would ruin the series if all those people are messing with time it might collapse and stop existence

Dude ... that sounds COOL. Stopping all existence? People battling to exist? A world in the balance? Hehe . . . considering how many people are playing the FFXI game . .. but like it's been said before, the Chrono line has been rotting for some time. :mad: