PDA

View Full Version : Maxing the file...

Peter_20
09-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm a huge perfectionist, so I probably won't finish my new file until *EVERYTHING* is maxed out!
Right now I'm boring around in the Gelnika Plane, Morphing enemies over and over for Sources.
I'd like to know how long I'd probably need to play before I've maxed everything out - that is, if I play very efficiently?

This includes all equipment, all Limit Breaks, all Materia, 8 of each Master Materia and 255 in all stats for all chars. :)

I'd also like to use my favourite Materia setup for all characters:

Master Magic = All
Enemy Skill / Cover = Double Cut
Master Command = HP Absorb
Master Summon = MP Absorb

HP Plus = MP Plus
Phoenix / Knights of Round = Final Attack
Counter-Attack = W-Item
W-Magic = W-Summon

4x-Cut ---- E.Skill --- Morph
W-Magic -- Steal ---- D.blow
W-Sum. --- Sense --- Manip.
W-Item --- Coin ----- Mime

:D

Mirage
09-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Don't forget maxing your spirit stat!

aquatius
09-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Man, you'll kill sephiroth in one hit!

Captain Maxx Power
09-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Man, you'll kill sephiroth in one hit!

Considering that Sephiroth actually has MORE HP at Level 99, one-hit killing is out of the question.

As for the amount of time it would take, I would recommend using Yuffie with her Conformer (and if you're not then for the love of cheese do so!). The hardest stat to max will be Luck since it's monster is one of the hardest to beat, and Luck is one of the lowest stats (next to Dexterity). If you were determined to max out each character, then I imagine you may end up playing for the better part of 200+ hours.

cloud21zidane16
09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Considering that Sephiroth actually has MORE HP at Level 99, one-hit killing is out of the question.

As for the amount of time it would take, I would recommend using Yuffie with her Conformer (and if you're not then for the love of cheese do so!). The hardest stat to max will be Luck since it's monster is one of the hardest to beat, and Luck is one of the lowest stats (next to Dexterity). If you were determined to max out each character, then I imagine you may end up playing for the better part of 200+ hours.[/quote]

well are you still up for that? i mean think about it is it really worth it

Rengori
09-11-2006, 10:42 PM
If you want to stat whore play Phantom Brave, it's stat whoring TO THE EXTREME!!!

FFVII gets boring real fast when you try to stat whore.

Mirage
09-12-2006, 04:38 PM

As for the amount of time it would take, I would recommend using Yuffie with her Conformer (and if you're not then for the love of cheese do so!). The hardest stat to max will be Luck since it's monster is one of the hardest to beat, and Luck is one of the lowest stats (next to Dexterity). If you were determined to max out each character, then I imagine you may end up playing for the better part of 200+ hours.

well are you still up for that? i mean think about it is it really worth it

That's wrong, because the enemies that can be morphed into luck sources are common and come in groups of 2 or more. With Morph-All, it's probably the easiest or second easiest stat to max (competing with Speed). Spirit is the hardest, really, because only Serpents can be morphed into them, and they're rather rare, and take longer to kill than those that morph into Luck sources (those can be oneshot).

TheSpoonyBard
09-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Dragon Riders and Killbins can also be Morphed into Mind Sources, but they're only found in the Whirlwind Maze and the Crater area, meaning you can't return there.

Bloodline666
09-14-2006, 07:05 AM
If you want to stat whore play Phantom Brave, it's stat whoring TO THE EXTREME!!!

FFVII gets boring real fast when you try to stat whore.

Which is EXACTLY why I have a turbo controller and a few rubber bands. That way I can stat-whore in my sleep...I mean LITERALLY stat-whore in my sleep. With the aid of an Enemy Lure materia, it took me about six hours to get 99 Mind Sources in the Cargo Room. By that time, I definitely would've had 99 of each of the other three sources found there by morphing (I always have Yuffie and either Barret or Vincent in my party, and both of the other two characters have four combinations of mastered Sneak Attack=Morph, provided Barret has a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifload of AP worth of materia on his Missing Score, and Vincent with a high kill quantity & Death Penalty, and Yuffie with Conformer). And all while that's happening, I can go to sleep, go to school, go to work, mow the lawn, go swimming, do my homework, post here, chat in #eoff...or just kill the time however the hell I want to. That way the time I wake up, get home, finish studying, or get back to the game, or whatever, I can just check my progress.

Turbo controller + rubber band = cheating to the extreme. :D

Mirage
09-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Dragon Riders and Killbins can also be Morphed into Mind Sources, but they're only found in the Whirlwind Maze and the Crater area, meaning you can't return there.

Do you have morph by then? I don't remember. But I do know you don't have the Conformer, which means instant awesome when morphing.

TheSpoonyBard
09-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Do you have morph by then?
Yep. You get Morph in the TotA, near the end of disc 1. The Whirlwind Maqze is quite a way into disc 2.

Mirage
09-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Yes, that's right. It's been several years.