PDA

View Full Version : Exercise! How fit are you?

The Devil Man
09-12-2006, 02:31 PM
I think this is a good time to find out how fit and healthy you EoFF'ers are! And if some of you guys ain't too fit and healthy, then maybe this Thread can inspire you to be!

How much exercise do you do per week (or month) and what kind of exercise do you guys do? I do tons of sit-ups every single morning of the week (nice way to keep a flat tummy :love:). About 3-4 times a week I'll go jogging for an hour and half. I'll also do tons of press-ups about 3 times a week (although they really hurt your arms after a while). And thats it. I don't go to a gym or anything, soooooo, uhh, yeah! I am pretty fit and slender with a nice body.

What about you guys?

Edit: Oh! After reading some of the Posts below, I should add that going for walks, doing serious housework and that kinda stuff also counts as good exercise :)

Polaris
09-12-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't go to the gym, I just walk sometimes... bust most of all I don't eat a lot, my lunch can be sometimes just a soup so I'm healthy...

Meat Puppet
09-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Not much. I try to go for hour long walks everyday, but sometimes I am just too lazy.

Oh, and I also play guitar for a couple of hours a day. I guess that is kind of exercise; it seems to have given me some muscle buildup in my left arm.

Resha
09-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I try and go to the gym almost everyday (and I fail miserably at it). Gym's a good place to go when you're angry or mis'ruble or just plain bored. :)

Breine
09-12-2006, 02:41 PM
I only exercise when we have gym class at my school, which is like two times a week or so. Still, I'm rather fit, though, and a pretty good runner.

Christmas
09-12-2006, 02:41 PM
You have to stay pretty fit in the military. :jess:

Spiffing Cheese
09-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Like I'd ever do any sort of exercise.

Melkor_
09-12-2006, 02:57 PM
this poll involves many choices of the same nature

Odaisé Gaelach
09-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Roughly twice a week when I'm at college. And then between that I usually get up from my computer every now and again and stretch my arms, relax the shoulders. RSI is a b:skull::skull::skull:h.

Setzer Gabianni
09-12-2006, 03:40 PM
3/4 times a week. Seeing as I will be starting Uni again soon, I will only have time for say..my martial arts.

~Setzer Gabbiani

Acid Raine
09-12-2006, 03:43 PM
Im in Army Training (for minors :P)! I exercised yesterday, and now my limbs and joints are sore. I shed 1 tear, and then moved on.

Peegee
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
I need to exercise more but world of warcraft raiding and a pisspoor time s schedule does not free time make.

When I worked earlier hours I worked out 4 times a week.

Now if I felt like it, I could screw my guild over and work out that many times, but it doesn't seem possible.

I expect that I can work out on Fri/sat/sundays. That's not very good now that I think about it.

*considers working out at home*

Christmas
09-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Im in Army Training (for minors :P)! I exercised yesterday, and now my limbs and joints are sore. I shed 1 tear, and then moved on.

My friend cried during her basic military training. :(

But I guess the girls military training is nothing compare to you guys. :jess:

bipper
09-12-2006, 03:49 PM
I only excersize where there are evil demons around.. ? :jess:

Sergeant Hartman
09-12-2006, 03:56 PM
My body can't cope with running anything more than 200 metres.

Old Manus
09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
I think this question is being asked to the wrong type of people.

I voted the first option by the way, they call me Manus Lee.

EDIT: crap, I missed the 'omgf rikku is fit' joke

ljkkjlcm9
09-12-2006, 04:22 PM
PT every morning at 5am, except weekends

Ah the military life

THE JACKEL

boris no no
09-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Right now I'm not so good. I'll walk to the supermarket and all and walk as many places as I can.
But I've been offered a volenteer job to teach dancing again (not done it for over a year) so that'll be 2-3 times a week dancing for around 2-3 hours each time.
Plus I just got a job at the local lesuire centre so going to go swimming once a week and actually go to the gym I'm paying for every month :eep:
Plus starting uni again soon and since I've moved house its easier for me to catch the train, so once in Derby I'm gonna walk to uni which is about 45 minutes walk from the station ^^

So yeah, not so much now but soon I will be! :)

Mirage
09-12-2006, 05:07 PM
3 times a week. That is, when I have a place I can excercise without being bothered by other people, which means I don't practice regularly right now. When I get stuff fixed, I'm going to start doing Ju Jitsu again too, making for a total of 4-5 times a week.

licence
09-12-2006, 05:08 PM
I exercise 3 or 4 times a week. That doesn't count all the walking I do at weekends and down to school etc.

Araciel
09-12-2006, 05:09 PM
i have a strict regimen i take one day off a week...weight training, running, kickboxing...it's great

Lost Number
09-12-2006, 05:10 PM
I never excercise now. I used to do my swordwork, but under some amnesty, I had to hand it over.

Chloe.
09-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Well I have to walk to school and back every day, and its quite a long way from my house to my school so I'd say I do quite a bit of exercise :bigsmile: But on weekends I don't really do much :D

Araciel
09-12-2006, 05:19 PM
i don't know that mandatory exercise counts...i walk around my apartment but i wouldn't call that exercise

Levian
09-12-2006, 05:20 PM
I "exercise" every day, but I don't go to the gym. I just do push-ups, sit-ups and I have some manuals I use. So I don't use any machines or anything. And then there's the little things, like walking everywhere, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, putting all your books in your bag even though you don't need 'em, and shopping groceries at a store further away. Carrying groceries is hard work. :cool: I probably should start jogging, or joining the gym but I'm really not that motivated.

Zeldy
09-12-2006, 05:21 PM
When a PE teacher told me she was "concered" about my level of fitness, I decided I better start doing something. So I took Fitness in PE, which will help me get much fitter, and theres a course Ill be doing soon, Duke Of Edinbourgh, that involves alot of walking.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-12-2006, 05:24 PM
I don't do any exercise. If I go down the park and start jogging it'll be inevitable that I'll run into some guy smoking who wants a fight along with any money I have

Laugh at face of Danger
09-12-2006, 05:26 PM
The gym can screw itself as far as i'm concerned, there is nothing wrong with working out in the garden: cartwheeling and stretching, then pumping a few weigths in my room to tunes and then doing a few crunches in the hall. I'm serious, by the way ¬_¬

However, i did badly put my back and shoulder out when i was doing some situps but wasn't properly stretched out and all that. But yeah, every day, or at least 5 days i try my weights and do some stomach toning-ness. I'm getting a lot more conscious of my appearance and i like working out ^^

~Ooooh yeah, and i'm taking up sword figthing with a friend and i'm doping some form of karate soon, this is all in a kind of fitness crash course i decided to do.

theundeadhero
09-12-2006, 05:31 PM
You have to stay pretty fit in the military. :jess:

Araciel
09-12-2006, 05:43 PM
which military? i'm from a country that, for all intents and purposes, doesn't have one

Owen Macwere
09-12-2006, 06:18 PM
No, I don't do any exercises at all. I don't eat much, and sitting by the computer seems to drain me all. I go to the market with dad sometimes, and he makes me hold about 8KG in each hand. :rolleyes2
These can be counted as exercises, can't they?.

themagicroundabout
09-12-2006, 06:23 PM
I... uh... there was this one time and I ran really far but... I'm pretty lazy. :-/

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
09-12-2006, 06:24 PM
i exercise every day but i'm only sorta fit, im gettin there though ;)

Miriel
09-12-2006, 06:27 PM
I used to be very fit. And then I went off to college and got lazy and gluttonous.

I am trying to get back into shape by running a mile a day. Hopefully get it up to 2 miles soon. :)

exit60b
09-12-2006, 06:29 PM
A couple of months ago I would work out almost every day because I was pretty obsessed with tennis and taught a class to kids every week... but then I had to work to make more money than the teaching... and school... and by then i got a boyfriend... so I don't play tennis as much or not at all anymore.

but, i do yoga and pilates if i have the time, just so i don't feel lazy and unfit, but i know i am now...

Captain Maxx Power
09-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Actually from a health stand-point, it's better to exercise every other day than it is to exercise every day. Exercise day in day out, especially involving weight lifting, is overkill and will cause more damage than good.

Quindiana Jones
09-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I get lots of exercise because I have to walk through Hamp every day. By walking I mean running, or scrapping my way through. Hamp is a bad place, and should not be entered without a large stick, which I usually have on me for that exact reason :D haha

EDIT: LoLzOrDs I've been chinned (pinned) down by the Chin Patrol.

Rye
09-12-2006, 07:42 PM
I am pretty much out of shape. I'm not really that fat (120 pounds and 5 feet tall), but I wish I were a lot skinnier, and I probably would be if I did do exercises. I go outside quite a lot, but all I do is walk, really so I'm neither fit nor so fat that walking for an hour is a horrible exercise. All I really do are a few sit ups a day, and that I've only recently started doing. I don't like sports or exercise all that much, though I used to be so into when I was little (shocking, huh?), so I don't think I could even run half a mile anymore.

Ethanol Dreams
09-12-2006, 07:55 PM
The only exercise I really get is the 45 minute walk to and from school every day (1 hour 30 mins a day) and P.E. classes. I'm a lot skinnier and lighter than most people my age, but I think that's because I don't eat a lot, and when I do it's not junk but proper, healthy stuff. :D

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Yeah i go to the gym whenever i can it´s harder to go during college during university days but generally i go there three times a week.

But i have super powers so even if i didn´t went to the gym i would still be amazing.

Coronet
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Sadly, I exercise less than once a week, if at all. :( I started college back up again and due to time constraints and overall bad food on campus, I feel the chunk packing back on. I'm going to have to start exercising at least x3 a week to keep the evil fried food weight off.

Jojee
09-12-2006, 08:17 PM
I have no inspiration to exercise whatsoever, so I don't. xD I don't need to lose weight, I have no reason really to get more fit... I'd rather be sitting along playing on my computer! ^.^ I do live a good few miles from the campus though, so a lot of times I walk the whole distance because buses scare me and I can never figure out the schedule >_>

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
09-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I dont exercise. :p I walk to school and back home everyday. Is that exercise? :p

Venom
09-12-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm out of shape.:(

Reine
09-12-2006, 08:21 PM
I have been unfit since birth :cool:

Giga Guess
09-13-2006, 12:56 AM
I take kick boxing once a week. But I also walk to and from work.

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-13-2006, 01:00 AM
The only exercise I get is from my apartment to the bus stop. From the bus stop to class. Then from class to class. I try to walk as much as I can, but intentionally exercise? Hahaha! Sloth is my favorite sin.

kikimm
09-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Just cause you're thin doesn't necessarily mean that you're fit or healthy. :P I've gotten into so many arguments about that with my brother. Anyways! I exercise about 4 times a week. Not weight training though, ugh. So I'm lean. Which I like. I do eat pretty healthy, but I also eat too much chocolate. :(

Dr Unne
09-13-2006, 01:13 AM
I voted that I exercise every day, and it was a blatant lie.

~*~Celes~*~
09-13-2006, 01:13 AM
I'm in marching band, that's kind of exercise because we have to run and stuff. Then, there's parade marching....works pretty well for me! :)

LunarWeaver
09-13-2006, 01:17 AM
I try and excercise 3-4 times a week but it doesn't always happen because I'm lazy. I guess I'm sort of fit, but I'm actually too skinny for a male my age so not really.

Faris
09-13-2006, 01:25 AM
I walk home from school, which is basically a 30-45 walk, up and down various hills in the sun. That's good enough exercise for my lazy bum.

Materia Hunter Yuffie
09-13-2006, 01:36 AM
Excercise? Yes. I do workouts in the comfort of home 5 days a week. I enjoy it. I do DDR for an hour, walk around the almost 1 mile block of the neighborhood 2 times, or a work out video. I don't like gyms. I hate PE classes (which thankfully I don't have to put up with until next semester.) I'm not totally fit, but I'm getting there! It takes time.

Vincent, Thunder God
09-13-2006, 01:49 AM
An hour a day keeps the doctor away. I usually spend 30 minutes biking or and hour walking. Right now I'm getting used to the school schedule, and I had a cold for a while, but soon it's back to the perfect exercise regimen!!!

Reles
09-13-2006, 02:27 AM
I just put down the insulting answer...oops.

I ride my bike to class every day, is that good enough?

Hawkeye
09-13-2006, 02:29 AM
I used to be in good condition from karate classes, but not lately. I say I was in the best condition of my life around late February. Yeah, it's been a while.

Leen-Leen
09-13-2006, 02:41 AM
Well, thanks to the PE classes at school and climbing up and down the seemingly endless stairs, I get my excercise. Though I hate it.

feona17
09-13-2006, 03:56 AM
Well with gym class, every other day. ;P

NINJA_Ryu
09-13-2006, 05:46 AM
I run to the bus stop (public bus) every morning at 6 30 (not because im late, im plenty early), and then walking back to the city bus stop, or walking to my old school (10 blocks away) on the weekends i like biking to my friends house, and out of about 6, the nearest one lives about a mile away and the farthest one lives about 4 miles away.

Plus, pilades is a bastard, but it is good for the mind, soul, and BODY!

Jowy
09-13-2006, 06:21 AM
I walk to work every day and play the occasional game of DDR.

Samuraid
09-13-2006, 06:44 AM
I go running a few times a week if I can spare the time.

ValkyrieWing
09-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Does DDR count??

I try to exercise...but I have very little time to do so. So sometimes I slack.

Araciel
09-13-2006, 06:53 AM
I walk to work every day and play the occasional game of DDR.

i lack the co-ordination for DDR heh

Jojee
09-13-2006, 06:55 AM
I can do the 3-4 star DDR ones but the 5-8 star ones are like O____O!??

Araciel
09-13-2006, 06:58 AM
oh i'm hopeless at any kind of dancing that doesn't involve acting like a chicken or putting my right foot in and taking it out, then putting it in again and shaking it ALL about

ValkyrieWing
09-13-2006, 07:02 AM
I can do up to 8 footers. :) Well, some of them. I'm almost flawless if I use the PlayStation hand controller to cheat.

Jojee
09-13-2006, 07:04 AM
And hop... to the left! One hop, right foot now~! Left foot now... cha cha real smoooth~ xD *falls over*

I can't even follow the really fast DDR ones though, with my EYES. I'll get so lost and just see all the really fast arrows scrolling by and have no idea what they are. :p I don't see how people can actually follow with eyes and feet e_e

Not that I play DDR often, more like a couple times a year when I'm home with my brother :p So there, I exercise a couple times a year. I tried jogging earlier this year too... ONCE. Regretted it forever xD Some old middle aged woman passed me and I cried inside my heart.

Araciel
09-13-2006, 07:07 AM
....I cried inside my heart.

hah..HAHAH

:love::love::love::love:

ValkyrieWing
09-13-2006, 07:07 AM
:(

We have a stair stepper in the basement. Unfortunately I'm tall enough that if I try to use the thing, I bang my head against the celing. ><

Jebus
09-13-2006, 07:10 AM
I should've read the first post before I answered the poll...

I go for a walk every other day, if the weather's nice. I.e. cloudy, windy, or rainy and below 65 degrees F.

Araciel
09-13-2006, 07:12 AM
i dunno...i think if people feel fine they shouldn't focus too much on all this health crap...if ya eat most modern foods, you'll be well-preserved anyway

ValkyrieWing
09-13-2006, 07:15 AM
XD

Indeed. :)

Jojee
09-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Anyone care to run 6 miles tommorow? Or maybe a half marathon with me this Thursday?
Or do Tae Kwon Do with my girlfriend and I for an hour or two each day?
Or maybe do some conditioning every other day?

I would say that I am fit. That and I am addicted to endorphins and a severe lack of oxygen. All hail the runner's high! Weirdos ;)

I never got the runner's high thing. I did track in high school for 3 years and ran like every day. (I did the 800 meter run for my thingmajig) I never got any runner's high. xD When I quit running it was so easy, I just didn't do anything ;) Then I lost all my muscles :(

Araciel
09-13-2006, 07:17 AM
hah i always get the runner's low....feelings of extreme exhaustion and hunger

Anaisa
09-13-2006, 02:24 PM
Edit: Oh! After reading some of the Posts below, I should add that going for walks, doing serious housework and that kinda stuff also counts as good exercise :)Housework isn't good exercise. That's why there are so many flabby bingo winged housewives, because they think housework an "running round after the kids" is going to keep them fit, which it isn't. I exercise everyday. I'm very fit.

Quindiana Jones
09-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Hoovering is actually a VERY good workout, as is also VERY effective. :bigsmile:

Anaisa
09-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Hoovering is actually a VERY good workout, as is also VERY effective. :bigsmile:Hoovering isn't a very good workout. Hoovering requires very little physical effort. Anybody who feels like they've had a good work out after a little hoovering, is in bad shape. Hoovering is not going to greatly improve you physically.

NorthernChaosGod
09-14-2006, 12:20 AM
I workout everyday. I am Atlas. :p