PDA

View Full Version : Near Death Expierence

Rosenti
09-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Hey, just wondering if any of you guys/girls have had any near death expierences? i surely have had my share lol.
But what about you?, where was it?, how was it?, when was it?

bipper
09-12-2006, 04:07 PM
When I killed ruby cloud only had 3 hps left.

Rosenti
09-12-2006, 04:09 PM

ok, guess that counts. But i was kind of talking about real life lol

Christmas
09-12-2006, 04:09 PM

LOL, ME HAVE 1, SO ME WIN. ME HAPPY HAPPY. :bigsmile:

bipper
09-12-2006, 04:11 PM

LOL, ME HAVE 1, SO ME WIN. ME HAPPY HAPPY. :bigsmile:

I was mega-pheonixed on omega in 8, so everyone effectively had zero. Does that count? They were killed shortly after :( *fail*

Rosenti
09-12-2006, 04:21 PM
IM talking about almost dying, in real life. Not video games lol. Ever almost got knocked over? or fell off a cliff? those sort of things, just with more detail.

bipper
09-12-2006, 04:29 PM
WHAT!? Leave my room? I would rather endanger pixels than myself. Besides, if I don't save the Final Fantasy world, who would? You? Posh; I bet you don't even have timed hits down.

I actually jumped back in the road once to dodge a mudball and some truck was speeding down the road. I cringed and the bastard missed me. We were on a small bridge, which made it all the more dangerous.

I was on the bluffs in which my home town is located, and I leaned on a tree; which I guess was more rotted than it looked and I nearly fell off as the tree and part of the ground went over. My friend pulled me back to ground.

I started my pantleg on fire, and dumbed a cup of ether on it. Ouch!

bipper

Rosenti
09-12-2006, 04:49 PM
k, cool. Im glad nottin happend to you :D

Is there anymore people that have expierence near death situations? or any such?

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Since no one seems to have actually been close to dying, I'll share mine.

I was driving on I-70 at about 95 mph (just crusing) cause no one was on the road. I usually drive 115 to 120 if I can. Well, I was super tired because I hadn't slept in the last 30 hours or so. Then, it happened, I fell asleep and wrecked me beautiful car at 95 mph. I drove straight into a barricade tore the front end of my car apart. 95 mph impact and only minor injuries, I was happy to be alive.

P.S. It wasn't my Black beauty below that I wrecked. :)

Araciel
09-12-2006, 05:00 PM
do you mean NDE as in the tunnel and white light and all that...? cause i don't believe in those....i've never been close to death before

oddler
09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
Since no one seems to have actually been close to dying, I'll share mine.

I was driving on I-70 at about 95 mph (just crusing) cause no one was on the road. I usually drive 115 to 120 if I can. Well, I was super tired because I hadn't slept in the last 30 hours or so. Then, it happened, I fell asleep and wrecked me beautiful car at 95 mph. I drove straight into a barricade tore the front end of my car apart. 95 mph impact and only minor injuries, I was happy to be alive.

P.S. It wasn't my Black beauty below that I wrecked. :)

It's a shame you didn't get pulled over. :eep:

I've never come close to dying. I think, sometimes, that if one thing would have happened differently in many given situations that I might have died. So far, though, no death.

Levian
09-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, twice that I know of. I was sitting in the car waiting for my mom to come out of the kindergarden. The car was at the top of hill, and I discovered the handbrake. I pushed the button a few times, nothing happened. Then I pushed the button while pulling it down, and you all know what happens then. The car started rolling down the hill, and if it wasn't for a lamp post at the bottom at the hill, the car would've continued down a cliff. Maybe I would've survived, I don't know. The other time was also when I was a kid and I ran out in the road. :D Nearly got hit. It was at a zebra crossing, but I still ran pretty quick, so I don't blame the car really. Even though the car would've gotten the blame if I got hit.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-12-2006, 05:31 PM
A truck ran the red light as i crossed the road, it nearly took my nose off. Instead of being a whimpering wreck i started yelling about my "invisibility gene" that i tend to get when i'm walking around. It's not fair. It's not hard to miss me.

Peegee
09-12-2006, 05:37 PM
Just me driving on the freeway at night is a near-death experience.

I tried to merge into the highway once and the traffic was speeding too fast to merge....I had to drive into the (thankfully existing) 2nd onramp.

Breine
09-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I almost drowned twice when I was a kid. The first time I was around 3-4 years old and the other time I was around 6 years of age. Not the best experiences one can have as a small child.

theundeadhero
09-12-2006, 05:51 PM
I've been shot at more times than I would like to be able to say.

exit60b
09-12-2006, 06:34 PM
I've had my share, the first being when i was in grade school and tried to do this acrobatic move on the monkey bars called the 'death' drop... supposedly you hang upside down on the bars with your legs holding you up and for the life of me try to flip off the bars... anyway, i was rushed by peer pressure and ended up landing on my head rather than my feet... i could of broke my neck but instead broke my nose.... sigh...

i had a few more after but they werent as pathetic as this one :eek:

Quindiana Jones
09-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I drank a bottle of vodka and kinda died.

bipper
09-12-2006, 07:13 PM
I've been shot at more times than I would like to be able to say.

You are unded... you cannot have a near death experience... :love:

I appriciate your matrix dodging skillz though. :)

Melkor_
09-12-2006, 07:30 PM
not really

Zeldy
09-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Sometimes Ive tryed to cross a road when I hadn't looked properly, and cars have had to honk.

~SapphireStar~
09-12-2006, 07:46 PM
Ive had 2:
First one was in 1997 in Paris with my high school. We were on a double decker coach and went under a low tunnel. The roof was ripped off and I was on the top deck.

Second time was in 2002 on a boat coming into Wales. The waves were coming up to the deck windows and 4 tug boats had to come and help pull us into port!

Both very unpleasant.

Quindiana Jones
09-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Wow you're pretty lcuky. Can I wear you round my neck?

I love near death experiences (except drunken ones...), they're so exciting.

Vikeve
09-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Well first of my old bus driver Pedro(who was awesome by the way) jut being in the bus with him is a life hazard. Weve driven on the sidewalk nocked over a sign and had some guy chaze us with his car block us of and attempt to get on the bus to scream and pull on some kid for throwing candy at the window and it hit him. He banging on the bus and called the cops and everything i was awesome but none of those was a near death experience for me.

My friend and i were doing stubid things and i wanted to kick this box across the road and it only made it half way so i ran out and almost got hit by a car at night but the guy stopped in time and thought it was funny what we were doing so im glad he didn't yell like stope playing in traffic like other people do.

Quindiana Jones
09-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey, just wondering if any of you guys/girls have had any near death expierences? i surely have had my share lol.
But what about you?, where was it?, how was it?, when was it?

Why not tell us one of your near death experiences Ros? I'd certainly like to hear about your escapades with your dangerous friends :D

That may have sounded a bit patronising. It's not meant to be :D

yunacy
09-12-2006, 10:18 PM
yeah i was at this big cliff and i was looking down and i fell so i was hanging off of the cliff but my friend ayame pulled me up so i'm happy:D

Decessus
09-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Freak paper cut accident.

Reles
09-13-2006, 02:43 AM
I've had a few.

Once when I was younger I almost got stuck under the garage door. I thought it was an automatic one that detected someone and jumped right back up, but it wasn't. Luckily my friend's sister opened the door before I was seriously hurt. I was somewhat caught under it for a second.

Then I had one when driving, the stop sign was hard to detect, so I yelled STOP and a semi drove by. Heh.

Psychotic
09-13-2006, 02:47 AM
The Teen Choice Awards came on TV, and I couldn't find the remote for at least 20 minutes.

Madame Adequate
09-13-2006, 03:26 AM
I have been on the same landmass as Rye.

Rye
09-13-2006, 03:29 AM
I have been on the same landmass as Rye.

Just wait until you come to New York some day. :bigsmile:

Um... I had to be caesectioned out as a baby because I was going to die if I wasn't and my heart was in distress. That aside... nothing really. :)

Madame Adequate
09-13-2006, 03:32 AM
How ironic. Your birth was because of your heart being in distress, and your existence makes my heart distressed :(

In seriousness, I don't believe I have ever had a close brush with death. I guess the closest would be occasional nearly-hit-by-a-car-going-8MPH, and that one time I got binked on the head with half a brick.

Quindiana Jones
09-13-2006, 04:22 PM
that one time I got binked on the head with half a brick.

That explains a lot :bigsmile:

Rosenti
09-13-2006, 05:48 PM
just recently i almost choked to death, seriosly stupid way to.

I was walking outside with couple of friends, eating pizza and my friend said " look at that mega ass!" ( in a bad way). I looked over and just burst out laughing, ( it was huge...). So i started to choke on pizza, my friends tried to help me, but since i was laughing so much, the bit pizza kept getting caught in my throat. That was until i ran and fell onto a fallen huge tree. I stop laughing cause of the pain, and the bit pizza came out, cause of the fall.

Then my friends started laughing at me LOL

bipper
09-13-2006, 05:49 PM
just recently i almost choked to death, seriosly stupid way to.

I was walking outside with couple of friends, eating pizza and my friend said " look at that mega ass!" ( in a bad way). I looked over and just burst out laughing, ( it was huge...). So i started to choke on pizza, my friends tried to help me, but since i was laughing so much, the bit pizza kept getting caught in my throat. That was until i ran and fell onto a fallen huge tree. I stop laughing cause of the pain, and the bit pizza came out, cause of the fall.

Then my friends started laughing at me LOL

That is your karma; who is the mega ass now :p

NorthernChaosGod
09-14-2006, 12:04 AM
I think I almost died from alcohol poisoning once. Not pretty.

Jowy
09-14-2006, 02:33 AM
A few months ago my friend wrecked his car when we were all in it and my head smashed against the windshield, and I just flew back against the seat. I just had slight lacerations, and a bit of glass in my forehead. The brim of my hat saved my life. :o

Fonzie
09-14-2006, 02:56 AM
I once thought i could fly,so i brought alot of chicks to my house to watch me do my "talent" off of my roof. You can kinda guess what happened next :(

ayame
09-15-2006, 02:49 AM
yeah i was at this big cliff and i was looking down and i fell so i was hanging off of the cliff but my friend ayame pulled me up so i'm happy:D

i'm amazing:p

Fuego
09-15-2006, 04:07 AM
My apartment was almost set on fire with me in it ... i had no idea what was happening until after the fire was put out. It started as a grass fire and spread quickly to the are by my apt. and started the downstairs back porches (mad of wood) on fire and it was spreading up to the top floor (where i live).

If my neighbor on the building across from mine wasn't home and smoking on his porch at that moment i would have been B-B-Q-Fue~

Does that count ?

udsuna
09-15-2006, 04:31 AM
Well, I was walking one night and this car nearly hit me (freakin' drunk drivers).... did a backflip off the side of an overpass.... "fortunately" it was a train overpass so I hit gravel instead of pavement. Not a comfortable experience.

yunacy
09-16-2006, 04:55 PM

i'm amazing:p

yep

McLovin'
09-16-2006, 05:10 PM
I fell in the shower.

I choked on noodles.

A bus drove right past me just as I was about to cross the road.

A cool "near death" experience was when I was running to school and I was holding my report for something and I stopped for the truck to pass then I crossed at the moment it passed and my paper flew out of my hands and onto the truck. And away it went. Was a good excuse for school. Thankfully it was typed. Oh and uh...then a...comet hit me...

Mo-Nercy
09-16-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't work very well with stairs.

At work, there's quite a lot of stairs. And I'm always in a hurry to get up and down them. I fall down a lot because my shoes are greasy. :(

I've also fallen in the shower a lot. My head smacked into the tap once, so not only did I get the biggest headache, the water became extremely hot. :( I'm a poor baby.

Fonzie
09-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh yeah, i almost died from chokeing on apple sauce. Very intense moment :(

Yuffie514
09-16-2006, 08:23 PM
i am reminded of my late asthma symptoms when i chew on food too fast and then pay the price for feeling like i'm going to suffocate to death...

fantasyjunkie
09-16-2006, 08:39 PM
About 1988 or so I was with my unit near Moonchuck, Korea. After many nights of getting wasted out of my skull I decided to go out on the town sober for a change. I should have gotten drunk that night!
Anyways, I drank Coke while my Marine Corps buddies got smashed on Soju, a drink bars had at the the time. After they had all gotten wasted, we all decided to call it a night. Well. lo and behold, when they all walked outside they decided to go for a walk! Unwilling to leave my buddies behind, I followed them down a crowded city street. They were so wild. one guy jumped in frotn of a car and I saved his ass by yanking him back on the sidewalk. Man, was I pissed!
This one guy named Gomes yelled"Let's go down Engineer's Alley!" I said "NO!" while eveyone else(There were 5 or 6 of us) overuled me and voted to go down Engineer's Alley. No sober man goes down Engineer's Alley at night. Well, I did to protect my buddies so I guess that meant I was lacking in common sense.
Engineer's Alley was a small alley that snaked in between a series of buildings with very poor lighting at night. It was where the dirty low cost cheap hookers hung out. It was really dangerous because of the muggers that infested the place. I had heard of service men getting mugged while trying to save money on sex. Very dangerous place in the 80's. I'm not sure about now.
Well, they charged into that dark alley looking for fun and I followed fearing the worst. One thing about the Marines is that you never leave your buddies in danger, no matter what the risk is, so in I went.
It was like that little alley in Bloodsport that led to the Kumite but at night. It was almsot pitch black and I kept expecting a knife in my ribs. I followed these drunk guys through twists and turns until I was thoroughly lost. We finally ended up at a junction where the alley went into 4 different directions. It was really dark with the only light filtering out from curtained windows. There were laundry lines around and over us with clothes hanging from them and a couple of large plastic bowls full of water.
My buddies decided to have a little fun and started wrestling with each other. In the process they tore down some of the laundry lines that had clothes on them! Gomes even picked up a big bowl full of water and dumped it over this guy named Shelby. I tried to get them to stop but I was ignored.
Then windows started opening all around us and light streamed in from every where. It was like a freaking movie! All these Koreans poked their heads out of all these windows and boy were they mad when they saw their laundry!
Koreans started pouring out of doors like all those Agent Smiths on Matrix Reloaded. That's what it looked like. They surrounded us and they were pissed!
I looked at the situation and just told myself, "David, your'e a dead man. You are so dead." I was so sure I was going to die I wasn't even afraid, that's how sure I was. I managed to get my buddies into a circle and prepared for the worst. Even though I was sure I was a goner I couldn't leave my fellow Marines behind.
Well, this one old lady said something in Korean and had a small arguement with the guys, who looked like they wanted to lynch us. To this day I remember those old Korean ladies looking at me with sympathy in their eyes.
Well, I don't know what that one old lady said but those people parted and let us get the hell out of there. By some miracle we found our way out not too far from the clubs.
The next day all my buddies thanked me for saving their lives! ROFL
I think that can't compare to Bipper's 3hp though, that was pretty close!

Hambone
09-16-2006, 11:22 PM
I went ice skating once, slipped, and hit my head on the ice. I don't know if I was near death though.

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Well, I was walking one night and this car nearly hit me (freakin' drunk drivers).... did a backflip off the side of an overpass.... "fortunately" it was a train overpass so I hit gravel instead of pavement. Not a comfortable experience.

thats cool man....you know what i mean....not in a bad way...it jus sounds cool.....but painful....i was pretty funky feelin one night andi was on a roof and kinda fell backwards and cought on to somethin that i thought was secured properly....but it wasnt....and i fel and landed patio furniture....it wasnt a soft landing....ohh and the other day i was kinda feelin funky and dizzy...but this time it was mornin....i was walkin aroun and fell and smashed my head on a door(but i wasnt aware of this at the time cuz i was knocked out...) and then i woke up and my head was like feelin weird and the longer i lied on the floor and thought did i hit my head....it all came together...i fell and hit my head on the architrave around the door noticed a decent amount of blood on the floor and was like oh crap....my $"£$"£$"£$ head...and i said to this girl that was at my house at the time...did you not notice i was lyin on the floor jus like in the doorway of the room you are in...and she was like...'no'.........i wassed mega pissed....but kinda dazed.....

Rosenti
09-17-2006, 05:07 PM
:tongue:
I went ice skating once, slipped, and hit my head on the ice. I don't know if I was near death though.

it is achtully, you could of hit the wrong way and died on brain concussion.. im so happy you didn't!