PDA

View Full Version : An Odd Thing To Do

Laugh at face of Danger
09-12-2006, 05:40 PM
I had a strange notion the other day when i looked on my life (danger, danger!), and the notion was that i am a complete git. And now, in a sense of wanting to make myself a ticket to "the nice place" i'm going to go on a mission. This mission involves many, many pound coins and an ice cream van. My mission: to cheer people up by asking them if they would like an ice cream.

Tell me, does this really seem like such a crazy idea? I mean, i ask my friends when they're down, so why not complete strangers in need of a friend!? Naturally there are the dangers to consider, but it's all with good intentions

Araciel
09-12-2006, 05:41 PM
what did you do to force this atonement on yourself?? i think most people wouldn't believe you

theundeadhero
09-12-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't see why you feel the need to ride around handing out ice cream, but if it's what you wanna do then go for it.

Levian
09-12-2006, 05:48 PM
That's awfully nice, but I think most people would be skeptic to receive ice creams from strangers. Especially if they are free. I once got a candy from a stranger and my mom told me to throw it away (after she was gone) in case she had done anything to it.

I have given strangers ice creams too, though. But that was while working in my regular store. The registers broke down and the queue was really long, so I gave ice creams to the customers for holding out with us.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Well, I'd hoik them up off of their butt and march them to the ice cream stand to avoid any confusion or doubt. I just really feel like turning over a new leaf this year/term

themagicroundabout
09-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Haha, I remember me and my girlfriend tried that this one time. There was this little kid and we asked his dad if we could buy him an ice cream. But alas! He started acting all shifty and said "I... uh... Oh look! There is my wife. She has returned. I must go now. Bye bye." And he took the poor ice cream-less child along with him.
It was kinda depressing because we really wanted to get someone an ice cream and the only person we had been brave enough to ask could not accept our offer.

Rainecloud
09-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Ice Cream makes my teeth hurt, so I don't buy it for myself.

I wouldn't like to inflict that sort of pain on others either.

Owen Macwere
09-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey! That's nice. But I would be really scared if someone I don't know gave me an Ice cream. I don't think all people would think nicely of you LAFOD. But if you like to go for it, do. try it out.

Quindiana Jones
09-12-2006, 06:50 PM
We're all going to Hell anyway, so it's a waste of time and money. But whatever floats your boat.

The Devil Man
09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I think I'd be very suspicious and sceptical and, to be honest... I don't think you should offer to buy anyone an ice-cream AT ALL.

I think you have a good heart and are a nice person, but most people might think it is very creepy and you could come across badly through no fault of your own. It's just the nature of people I guess.

Why don't you try and do some volunteer work in your local community or something if you want to do something good? That way your best efforts could actually be seen by people with their own eyes. Thats the way to go I think! :)

Captain Maxx Power
09-12-2006, 06:54 PM
You'll so get done for attempted rape/poisoning/illegal businessing.

vorpal blade
09-13-2006, 11:30 AM
If you really want to go to that "nice place," you should give out all the free ice cream you can, kill whoever accepts (maybe a little cyanide on the almon-flavored ones). Then, they can tell God aboiut how you gave them free ice cream and God will see you're a nice person and let you in.

Loony BoB
09-13-2006, 12:35 PM
If you're going to do something like this, write letters to the PR agents of various ice cream places to see if they can sponsor a few ice creams to you. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are game to the idea.

Quindiana Jones
09-13-2006, 04:33 PM
If you're going to do something like this, write letters to the PR agents of various ice cream places to see if they can sponsor a few ice creams to you. I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them are game to the idea.

What???

"Dear Ice Cream People,
When I die, I want to go to "The Nice Place" so could you give me some free ice creams please, so that I can give them to anyone who wants them?

Cheers,
Laugh at the face of Danger"

If that works, I'll eat my dirty dirty socks.

Zeldy
09-13-2006, 04:35 PM
Maybe to more little kids, as that always cheers parents up seeing their kid happy, and children loooove icecreams

Odaisé Gaelach
09-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Maybe you could improve your chances to getting to Heaven by helping old ladies across the road, or becoming a superhero and foiling bank robberies...

After all, don't you laugh at the face of danger?

Quindiana Jones
09-13-2006, 05:13 PM
It's not that Danger doesn't scare him, he laughs because Danger has such an ugly face.

Loony BoB
09-13-2006, 05:18 PM

What???

"Dear Ice Cream People,
When I die, I want to go to "The Nice Place" so could you give me some free ice creams please, so that I can give them to anyone who wants them?

Cheers,
Laugh at the face of Danger"

If that works, I'll eat my dirty dirty socks.
A football club supporter has recently started a diet that means he can only eat things that are his football club's colours during the football season. He wrote to Heinz and they sent him a crate of salad cream to him, no charge. So yeah, it can happen.

Quindiana Jones
09-13-2006, 05:20 PM
A football club supporter has recently started a diet that means he can only eat things that are his football club's colours during the football season. He wrote to Heinz and they sent him a crate of salad cream to him, no charge. So yeah, it can happen.

Ah but football clubs actually exist :bigsmile:

Jess
09-13-2006, 05:45 PM
I haven't had an icecream in ages. ;[

Christmas
09-13-2006, 05:56 PM
People will just suspect that the ice cream is doped anyway. :(

NorthernChaosGod
09-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Buy me one.