PDA

View Full Version : Never buy a HP computer

Roto13
09-13-2006, 12:54 AM
The adaptors are pieces of crap. I got a HP Pavillion laptop last summer. About seven months later, the adaptor started screwing up. The wire was loose on the inside. The area that connects the laptop to the adaptor. I took it back to where I got it and they said they would get HP to send me a new one. Two weeks later, I still have no adaptor. The store says that it's absolutely ridiculous that I don't have a new adaptor yet, so they lend me one of theirs. A month later, my new one comes in the mail.

A few minutes ago, I realized that, six months later, it's happening AGAIN. Now, I've been incredibly careful with it. A strand of spaghetti would have survived how gently I've been treating this cable. But no, that isn't good enough. HP sucks ass.

I'm not looking for advice on how to fix it, I just want to deal my own tiny little insignificant blow to HP by telling as many people as I can that their laptops are /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. Don't buy one, and when you don't buy one, think of me.

Decessus
09-13-2006, 12:58 AM
Fantastic.

Fonzie
09-13-2006, 12:59 AM
HP indeed sucks the bawls

LunarWeaver
09-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Oh roto :cry: That sucks. Maybe you can argue with somebody and return the whole thing based on its general crappy.

I promise next time I don't spend money on HP I'll definitely chant your name like a curse.

Roto13
09-13-2006, 01:04 AM
Oh roto :cry: That sucks. Maybe you can argue with somebody and return the whole thing based on its general crappy.

I promise next time I don't spend money on HP I'll definitely chant your name like a curse.

Just set them all ablaze for me. That's all I ask.

Where's Christmas when you need her?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
09-13-2006, 01:05 AM
I like to think of myself and how life is so wonderful being a miser but I'm sure I could spare a second of thought for you too

Tasura
09-13-2006, 01:17 AM
Im typing this on an HP Pavilion zv6000 now, I bought it last August, as in 2005, my adapter is fine, but the screen was /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif from the second i bought it, the first itme it went in for the screen, it was inf or a week and it worked just as long as when i got it back. The second time, they sent it straight to HP, and they had it for a month, a whol damn month, or almost, 29 days, since at 30 days the stores policy would be buy it back at fullprice from me, but nooo, they send it back in 29 days, they repalced the screen and the motherboard, and wiped the harddrive, so not only am I never buying an HP again, Im never buying a computer/anything from Staples >=(

Roto13
09-13-2006, 01:19 AM
I got mine at Staples, too. >_> At least they were courteous enough to say "Yeah, HP sucks. You can use this adaptor."

rubah
09-13-2006, 01:19 AM
I got an HP pavilion almost exactly five years ago, and barring more RAM and a new cd burner, I'm using it in almost the same condition (we sent it in once because the harddrive stopped writing, I think that was in 2002)

Shlup
09-13-2006, 01:26 AM
HP is only good for printers anyway. All their hardware is proprietary.

Though in BJ's mass of computer parts around the house he has a little HP computer case that's just adorable. ^o^

Tasura
09-13-2006, 01:30 AM
I got mine at Staples, too. >_> At least they were courteous enough to say "Yeah, HP sucks. You can use this adaptor."

The customer service at the store I bought mine from is worse then /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, as in, only one computer technician works at the store, and hes never there to answer the phone, so you get a cashier or someone, and they say "He's with a customer, we'l get him to call you back" and it's 3 days before you ehre from him.

Roto13
09-13-2006, 01:33 AM
I don't know what would have happened if I had called instead of going down there.

Tasura
09-13-2006, 01:34 AM
We did go there, we went there right away, but only called after about 2 weeks of no word form them.

Zell's Fists of Fury
09-13-2006, 01:45 AM
I HAVE THE SAME FUCKING PROBLEM

I am so glad I'm not alone.

Also, my Caps Lock key fell off.

Barronmore
09-13-2006, 01:51 AM
I must be the outlyer then.

I bought a HP Pavillion Ze5500 loptop a couple of years ago. It works great except the DVD/CDROM combo drive can't burn disks or read CD-r's anymore. But then again, it has a P4 Desktop chip in it so it just generates to much heat. The drive still works, it just cooks all the disks. :)

My father-in-law got a compaq (now HP) desktop last year and the DVD-RW drive was busted when we opened the box. I called HP support and they sent out a new drive overnight delivery. I would deal with HP again anyday. I've had a lot of luck with them.

Toshiba on the other hand....what a pain to try to run Linux on a Toshiba Satilite.

oddler
09-13-2006, 02:05 AM
I have a Satellite and it can lick poo anyday if you ask me. After 8 months, the thing froze without running any additional applications. :cry: I proceeded to shut it down and restart. When I turned the power back on, the only thing that responded was the little green power LCD. The screen stays black and the disk inside won't even hum like normal. I took it to a computer repair store and they told me that I had to send it off. I felt like telling them "You have no purpose in life" but I restrained myself. I have yet to send it back to Toshiba. :mad:

escobert
09-13-2006, 02:09 AM
You just figured out HP sucks?

Reles
09-13-2006, 02:25 AM
We had a free HP once. It was slow, slower than my dial-up Internet. Those two were always a bad combination.

Outer Heaven
09-13-2006, 02:37 AM
I had an HP once, but I don't remember what happened to it. It indeed suck bawls. That's why you should build your own computer.

bipper
09-13-2006, 05:21 AM
HP > MP at least.

XxSephirothxX
09-13-2006, 05:24 AM
I've got a HP laptop that I haven't had any problems with. I've only had it since December, though. It was one of the top rated in its class by Consumer Reports, so maybe it's better than some of their other models. Who knows.

Avarice-ness
09-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Well.. HP owns Compaq and I have a compaq and it's like the best laptop ever. :heart:
BUT My sister had an HP laptop and my bro-in-law crashed the system and to her dismay she didn't have one of those recover discs to bring her computer back to life. (She kept getting the Blue screen of death and then it'd restart and go back)

So she ended up buying a dell laptop and made a back up disc for the dells windows and installed it on her HP and now her HP's back to normal. Which is kind of sad... Because she needed her laptop but basically it cost her a brand new computer to fix her HP because it didn't come with a disc to save it. x x;;;

Old Manus
09-13-2006, 08:06 AM
Just set them all ablaze for me. That's all I ask.That would be Dell.

fantasyjunkie
09-13-2006, 08:44 AM
My mom gave my 12 year old girl a HP desktop. God, it's a piece of junk! It came with all this bloated software that no one uses and I'm aways seeing a little advertisemnt icon come up on the screen that slows the entire comp down. I hate HP!

Melkor_
09-13-2006, 01:58 PM
okay my sis wil buy a laptop and now she won't.I guess HP must really suck if you guys do a post about it.

Breine
09-13-2006, 02:29 PM
I have a HP laptop and it works just fine. There hasn't been any problems with it since I got it, which is almost 2,5 years ago.

Roogle
09-13-2006, 02:32 PM
You should find some way to get something in compensation from Hewlett-Packard. I'm sure that there are a few customer service tricks that you could use to your advantage.

bipper
09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
You should find some way to get something in compensation from Hewlett-Packard. I'm sure that there are a few customer service tricks that you could use to your advantage.

HP is very good at compensation. I had set up a computer for my cousin a year ago and it had a bade ethernet card in it, which I told straight up to the phone support/quickie mart manager. He told me I hade to bring it to best buy so the "geek squad" (they suck, especially now) and geek squad said that there must have been some firmware not properly updated. That's fine, that could be a fix. Well, two weeks later the card flakes out again. We called HP and got a run-a-round like mad, then my cousin got very upset, and we got transfered to canada, where a guy simply said send it in, and they sent back 10 times the computer we sent out. They went from having a 300 dollar pos, to a machine easily worth 1.5k.

Hassle asside, they made ammends.

Bipper

Markus. D
09-13-2006, 03:12 PM
yah Hewlit Packard ftl.

Rainecloud
09-13-2006, 03:13 PM
HP? Don't they make tomato sauce?

Heck. I wouldn't buy a computer from those goons either.

starseeker
09-13-2006, 07:19 PM
I have a HP desktop, which I'm using now. It's fine but its idea of a system restore (the OS wouldn't load), was to completely wipe the hard drive, which was only discovered after pressing the button, and there was no cancel option. That is a major design fault.

Peegee
09-13-2006, 07:39 PM
I build my own computers so I am against all these dell / ibm / hp companies (I work for IBM btw).

For laptops I endorse the voodoo brand name. Some people endorse others that are cheaper. That's fine. I like voodoo.

bipper
09-13-2006, 10:53 PM
Why not build your own laptops foo.

Roto13
09-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Because that take effort and computer knowledge, and if I had the latter I wouldn't have bought a HP in the first place.

Yamaneko
09-14-2006, 03:27 AM
Building a notebook takes a lot more patience/skill than building a desktop. I could probably do it, but unlike a desktop, I would feel more at ease buying it from a manufacturer.

escobert
09-14-2006, 03:31 AM
I need a screen for my laptop :(

bipper
09-14-2006, 07:04 AM
Building a notebook takes a lot more patience/skill than building a desktop. I could probably do it, but unlike a desktop, I would feel more at ease buying it from a manufacturer.

I think you get a sustantial increase in power on a custom laptopo rig, even compared to a distributed desktop vs custom desktop; but the warrenties (especially dells theft etc) are simply a deal maker for distributed laptops imo.

Bipper

fantasyjunkie
09-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I build my own computers so I am against all these dell / ibm / hp companies (I work for IBM btw).

For laptops I endorse the voodoo brand name. Some people endorse others that are cheaper. That's fine. I like voodoo.

I love my custom made comp! All it had starting off was jsut windows and nothing else! :)

Peegee
09-14-2006, 05:44 PM
Because that take effort and computer knowledge, and if I had the latter I wouldn't have bought a HP in the first place.

I've had no training. You can buy desktop parts everywhere but I haven't found places for laptops.