PDA

View Full Version : First Post! AND - Dirge of Cerberus SDCC Display sign on ebay.

Tony_Bacala
09-13-2006, 06:35 AM
<!--Hey everyone,

Big FF7 fan. At SDCC this past summer, I worked for a retailer and was able to stay after the show closed for some time. We were there until about 3 AM. As those who stay late after cons close know, there is alot of "good garbage" laying around. Especially at shows like SDCC where manufacturers and companies set up. It is more cost effective to leave the contents of the booths there to be trashed than to ship it back home. This was the case with Square's booth to the max. The thing cost millions of dollars supposedly to make and ship to the US for SDCC, and they left all of it (minus the toys of course, boo).

Well, we were able to swipe a couple things left to the trash bins, one of them being the display sign for DOC. This was hanging above the console area in the square enix booth during the show. I searched high and low, and the only pic I could find of it actually at the show is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=198322125&size=o

(off to the left of the big screen, above the console setups).

This sign is now on ebay. I left it with a pal who was there with me and lives in LA, couldnt get it back on the plane. He has finally had time to measure, weigh, and figure out a way to ship it.

This thing is huge, about 24 x 54 inches, and is made of some sort of heavyweight plastic or acrylic. The logo is permanent, direct printing of whatever sort, not a sticker.

You can check out the auction here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Huge-SDCC-Dirge-of-Cerberus-Final-Fantasy-7-Sign_W0QQitemZ220027350327QQihZ012QQcategoryZ88926QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just wanted to give the hardcore FF fans a heads up, I know if something like this came around for my primary hobby (Transformers), then Id be all over it.

To the admins - If this is considered advertising spam, I apologize. Not my intentions. Just something I thought was cool, would have kept it myself if it wasn't so damn big! Hopefully it can find a good home with a true fan.

Later!-->

Yes, this is advertise spam. Sorry, no go.

~Void