PDA

View Full Version : What inspires you?

ValkyrieWing
09-13-2006, 07:17 AM
What inspires you to create art? I am inspired by many things. A great many songs put images in my head. My friends always ask for character pics, so that inspires me too.

I just wanted to learn a little bit more about my fellow artists. :)

Nominus Experse
09-13-2006, 07:26 AM
black orb already has one of these going, so you may want to place your thoughts and wonders there.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=80662

You can view my reasons there

ValkyrieWing
09-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Thank you, Nominus. :P

This thread can be taken out back and shot, then. :)

Avarice-ness
09-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Yeah but inspiration isn't why I draw.

Music is the only thing that can get me drawing. If there is no music, there is simply no art, I have no real reasoning. I think what inspires me and why I create art are two different things.

If I was in art class, I create art because I'm told to, I could be inspiration free.
But I only draw if I'm inspired, if I'm not, I just don't do anything. I draw to the music, so when the music changes so will the picture.

Ironically enough, inspiration is not the reason I draw, it's just what gets me wanting to. In my mind those are two different questions.. For me atleast. :)

Jojee
09-13-2006, 07:33 AM
Seeing beautiful art by other artists inspire me to create art. ^_^

...But inspiration usually doesn't get me too far. :p

Araciel
09-13-2006, 07:35 AM
life inspires me...if i see someone running down the street, i draw a stickman as fast as i can.

i'm a sticky-artiste...ew

Miriel
09-13-2006, 07:48 AM
black orb already has one of these going, so you may want to place your thoughts and wonders there.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=80662

You can view my reasons there

That one is way old. Didn't realize that someone had bumped it. I say we go with this new thread.

What inspires me to create art is other photographers. Everytime I see a great photographer, I want to go out and create something myself.

And sunsets inspire me every single time I watch them.

ValkyrieWing
09-13-2006, 08:00 AM
If the great and powerful Miriel says it stays open, it stays open. :D

Twilight Edge
09-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Whenever something pops up when thinking of a new chapter for my novel in the writer's corner or playing games.Usually things just pop up of nowhere and I draw them out.

Markus. D
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
My Moods.

black orb
09-13-2006, 04:16 PM
>>> Other artist`s stuff.. and since I draw mostly fanart, videogames I guess..

Breine
09-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I can get inspired by anything. Music, nature, other works of art, movies etc. inspire me quite a bit, though.

Rostum
09-14-2006, 11:38 AM
So many things inspire me in different ways.

Sometimes I'll just see something, something ordinary, and I'll see it on a different idea. I'll take a picture of it -- any element can spark what I see to be signifiactly interesting from certain angles.

When it comes to music, all that I need is a thought or feeling. And put myself in a nice peaceful and safe-to-my-mind place. If I'm comfortable enough, I won't even pay attention to the mechanics and it'll just flow.

With drawing, I will just take an idea, one that stands out. That's all it needs.

Of course, other artists/musicians can spark numerous amounts of ideas and feelings. So it's always important to listen to anything you can, or to check out as much art as you can.

Rengori
09-15-2006, 02:14 AM
Anything but silence. I hate silence. I gotta have music or the TV on.

ValkyrieWing
09-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Sometimes, something as simple as going outside and taking a deep breath can inspire me to create something.

udsuna
09-15-2006, 07:05 AM
Well, when I'm working I have an order to fill. And I do. And that works. But I'm mostly a writer, stories come naturally with no need of inspiration and I draw a lot of the characters.

Polaris
09-15-2006, 11:22 AM
If drawihng clothes can be considerated art, I'm writting a book and i have more than 20 characters just in the 1st volum! :D So I need to draw clothes that they wear even though their faces I keep it in my mind... And I also help a Edeon with his games inventing some characters for his games so I always end up making up some new women... (I can't draw guys ^^")

Reine
09-26-2006, 05:06 AM
Well, back in the day, I was heavily inspired by this one artwork, which basically changed the way i drew, which became the weird stuff i draw today

As for drawings themselves, I often see a shape or structure and use that base shape and work from there, or just randomly draw (Which is usually many lines merging and taking shape) or read a book and get an idea, or just think one up randomly. Alas, my imagination and artistic vision FAR outweigh my actual drawing skill, so naff all of my ideas ever come to fruition.

Zeromus_X
09-26-2006, 05:59 AM
Music, characters (from any form of media), definitely video games, other artwork, and just things from everyday life. Taking a walk is a great way to get inspiration too, from nature. But really, there's a plethora of things that can give me inspiration.

Calling on that inspiration and not being lazy, on the other hand...:cat: