PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree??

Emerald weapon
09-13-2006, 04:54 PM
just randomly doing picture searchs and i came across this site

www.warmech.net/special/awards/awards.html

the keeps repeadly dissin ff7(which done my tits in!)but other choices i would agree with him

so wat do you think?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-13-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't think I agree with any of his selections, and the guy is kind of a jerk besides.

Polaris
09-13-2006, 05:08 PM
I think he puts a lot of effort on FFX and fortgot that FF7 was the best FF ever (of course until FF8) but there are some things that I think FF7 should won and didn't

DJZen
09-13-2006, 05:15 PM
I agree with some, and not with others. Why does anyone still care about this?

ljkkjlcm9
09-13-2006, 05:17 PM
seen that before, link from this site actually.

I agree with some, disagree with other parts

Either way, it's all just one man's opinion

THE JACKEL

Captain Maxx Power
09-13-2006, 05:34 PM
I think that anyone who places the FF3 battle system above FF11's needs serious psychiatric help. I'm no FF11 fan by any means, but even I'm aware of the horribly unbalanced nature of FF3's system.

LunarWeaver
09-13-2006, 06:19 PM
I'll agree it's all just in good opinion fun. Except saying that Tetra Master is better than Triple Triad that's just crazytalk.

Emerald weapon
09-13-2006, 06:30 PM
it is crazy talk,most his comments are crazy talk

Araciel
09-13-2006, 06:45 PM
just because he spent more time and effort on his opinion doesn't validate it more than anyone elses

Goldenboko
09-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Considering he listed Yu Yevon as a final boss this guy doesn't have very valid oppinions.

The Crystal
09-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Is just an opnion of a guy. Like Araciel said, "just because he spent more time and effort on his opinion doesn't validate it more than anyone elses".
But something that is very true is this: FFVII - "Most Final Fantasy Fans in the USA have started with this game, so they have a love for this game that blinds most of them from the truth."
If you do a little research, you will discover that this is not a simple opinion. This is a fact.

Roto13
09-13-2006, 09:22 PM
He said FF VI was runner up for having the worst music in the series. As far as I'm concerened, that makes his opinion on everything in the world, completely worthless. FF VI has an amazing soundtrack. FF IX had great music, too.

What a tool.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
09-13-2006, 09:28 PM
for some reason, i dont think he likes FF7

theundeadhero
09-13-2006, 09:29 PM
"Most Final Fantasy Fans in the USA have started with this game, so they have a love for this game that blinds most of them from the truth."
If you do a little research, you will discover that this is not a simple opinion. This is a fact.
It is a widely accepted opinion, and it will be until someone polls everyone who ever played FF in America for evidence to prove it as fact.

I disagree with most of this guy's opinions.

Lawr
09-13-2006, 09:30 PM
I agree with almost all of his OPINIONS. But that is an old link.

Seriously it's like you guys didn't even read his text...

[edit]

The music in this game was not the step up that graphics were. While some tunes were very memorable, it could have been better. That's not saying that it's unbearable in anyway, just not what was expected.

Goldenboko
09-13-2006, 09:53 PM
"Most Final Fantasy Fans in the USA have started with this game, so they have a love for this game that blinds most of them from the truth."
It is a widely accepted opinion, and it will be until someone polls everyone who ever played FF in America for evidence to prove it as fact.

INCORRECT! I started with FFIX!

ljkkjlcm9
09-13-2006, 10:07 PM
My biggest problem is the fact that he rated games on what he expected from them, as opposed to what they were. Oh I expected better graphics, so it gets bad graphics, and I expected better music, so it gets bad music.

That really seems stupid to me

THE JACKEL

The Crystal
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM

This is why he said the word "most". If you started with FFIX, but your favorite is FFVII, then, you are an exception.
You guys just have to go to some FF forums, and question "What FF game was your first? What is your favorite FF game?".
FFVII will be the answer of the majority, to both questions.

Goldenboko
09-13-2006, 10:53 PM

This is why he said the word "most". If you started with FFIX, but your favorite is FFVII, then, you are an exception.
You guys just have to go to some FF forums, and question "What FF game was your first? What is your favorite FF game?".
FFVII will be the answer of the majority, to both questions.
Hm... *scans through post* whoops misread...

Roto13
09-13-2006, 11:18 PM

[edit]

The music in this game was not the step up that graphics were. While some tunes were very memorable, it could have been better. That's not saying that it's unbearable in anyway, just not what was expected.

That's not good enough. :P

Tavrobel
09-13-2006, 11:42 PM

[edit]

That's not good enough. :P

Apparently, according to this guy, something that you personally don't expect IS good enough to slander its name. When I first read the Warmech Awards, I didn't stop laughing for ten minutes. I should've turned off Family Guy to read the reasons why this guys said what he said. I'll agree with a few of his judgments, but not the reasoning as to why.

Evastio
09-14-2006, 12:55 AM
the keeps repeadly dissin ff7(which done my tits in!)but other choices i would agree with him

so wat do you think?
I think he hates FF7 because of all the people that like FF7 and hate all the other FF Games.

DJZen
09-14-2006, 02:59 AM
Marcelo's just an old school FF1 fan who doesn't like the direction the series took when FFVII came out.

the_sandman
09-14-2006, 05:20 AM
this isnt really reliable since most of these categories such as "most entertaining" or "the best storyline" are all based on opinions.

DJZen
09-14-2006, 06:15 AM
ALL of the categories are purely based on opinion. Marcelo likes to opine.

LunarWeaver
09-14-2006, 07:14 AM
I agree, concerning things like this there is no way it cannot be somebody's opinion. It's not like there is a group of professionals with a college degree in Final Fantasy critical examination out there :cat:

His opinions may not match up with some of our own, but that doesn't really make it wrong either. It's all just what he thinks. And he's entitled to slap it down for all to see just like we all are. Except the VI's music isn't very good thing that was wrong. But the rest of it is just on a person-to-person basis.

Bolivar
09-15-2006, 03:55 AM
The dude is obviously very mad at a number of things, and I think he feels Square "betrayed" him.

He actually acknowledged VII for a few things, so he isn't he most disillusioned FFVII hater i've seen

listing VI under "worst music" and "best story" are just crazy, because it has some of the most memorable tunes, but it's story is about as deep as a puddle.

Yuffie514
09-15-2006, 06:42 AM
well, he did get the very first one right, IMO - about the best music.

DJZen
09-15-2006, 06:48 AM
The dude is obviously very mad at a number of things, and I think he feels Square "betrayed" him.

Not really. I chat with the guy and his opinions on the games aren't as strong as you'd think. I can't really imagine him going so far as to say Square "betrayed" him personally. And if he did feel that way, I don't think he'd continue buying every Final Fantasy title at launch.

vweet
10-14-2006, 11:03 AM
he said that ff VII had the worst graphics the graphics don't matter but the one with the WORST graphics was ff I i think

Raebus
10-14-2006, 12:24 PM
So the very first in the series, the first ff game that started out on the console with not so good 2d graphics all round had the worst graphics today? Ho noes, thats unexpected.

Paul
10-14-2006, 09:18 PM
i liked this site just because i like reading peoples opinions, even if i disagree with them. i like how he compared all different aspects of the series.

as for the "US FIRST FF BEING 7 = FAVE FF FOREVER" you people are really boring. like a game for your own reasons, and pay no attention to the reasons other people like games. FF7 was my first FF, and it is also my favourite FF. but i resent being referred to as some sort of idiot that is incapable of judging things on their individual merits. there are things wrong with FF7 and there are things the other FFs do better than it. but that doesn't mean anyone who played it first, and also likes it, has an invalid opinion or is "blind".

Skarr
10-14-2006, 10:06 PM
The mere fact that he treats FFVI like it's a run in the mill game is upsetting enough. But it is his opinons...and I do enjoy his site.

DJZen
10-14-2006, 10:10 PM
i liked this site just because i like reading peoples opinions, even if i disagree with them. i like how he compared all different aspects of the series.

as for the "US FIRST FF BEING 7 = FAVE FF FOREVER" you people are really boring. like a game for your own reasons, and pay no attention to the reasons other people like games. FF7 was my first FF, and it is also my favourite FF. but i resent being referred to as some sort of idiot that is incapable of judging things on their individual merits. there are things wrong with FF7 and there are things the other FFs do better than it. but that doesn't mean anyone who played it first, and also likes it, has an invalid opinion or is "blind".

*applause*

Elemental Alchemist
10-14-2006, 11:33 PM
I can't believe this guy doesn't like FFT!

This guy's ratings only apply to himself, and yet he's sad enough that he needs the whole world to know his opinions.

1. He puts down FF VII, but when it came out it was the best. He can't see that.
2. The guy seems obsessed with FF VIII. I don't think this game got any negative comments.
3. Constantly putting down good games like FF IX. I like this game much more than FF VIII.

Overall, it's amusing to see how he thinks of the games, but don't take it for real. He's just a disillusioned person blinded from the overall perspective and grandness of Final Fantasy and each of its games.

BustaMo
10-17-2006, 05:54 PM
He is right though...Quina blows. Both as a male and female.

theundeadhero
10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
My god this thread is from like 1947 or something.

Mirage
10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
just randomly doing picture searchs and i came across this site

www.warmech.net/special/awards/awards.html

so wat do you think?

I think you're wrong. I think many of the other games recieved more undeserved bashing than FF7 did.

Anyway, to me it seems like he didn't even undestand all the games.