PDA

View Full Version : Best Ultimate Weapon mechanics?

Peter_20
09-14-2006, 03:26 PM
You know, the strength of the Ultimate Weapons is dependant on different aspects; each weapon's got its own advantages and drawbacks.
What weapon do you think got the best mechanics?

Ultima Weapon / HP Shout:
Totally wonderful with high HP, but will suck once your HP gets low

Missing Score:
Not that great by itself, but rules to heck with lots of AP equipped

Premium Heart:
Depending on how much the Limit Bar is filled, this weapon = suckiness or ruleness

Princess Guard:
If your party members are in danger, this weapon will power up lots; it's only got 7 Slots, but you can actually level up Materia with this weapon

Limited Moon / Venus Gospel:
High MP will guarantee great, wonderful power; low MP will put Red XIII and Cid to shame

Conformer:
Powers up according to the monsters' Level: the stronger the monster, the stronger Conformer becomes

Death Penalty:
You'll need to put a damn lot of effort into this one, since it powers up according to the amounts of enemies killed; but once finished, it'll stay at maximum strength, without being dependant on anything at all

TheSpoonyBard
09-14-2006, 03:32 PM
I'd put them in this order, most to least useful.

Conformer
Death Penalty
Missing Score
Premium Heart
Ultima Weapon/HP Shout
Limited Moon/Venus Gospel
Princess Guard

Interesting fact #1: As the Conformer's power is based on the enemy's level, it will deal no damage when used against an ally.
Interesting fact #2: If you kill 65,535 enemies with Vincent, his Death Penalty can kill everything, with the exception of Ruby and Safer S. (needs testing), in one hit.

Sefie1999AD
09-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I like the Conformer because it powers up against stronger enemies. It's also the only weapon that remains powerful when using the Morph command, making it great when Morphing Master Tonberries for Ribbons.

Bloodline666
09-14-2006, 09:03 PM
I like the Conformer because it powers up against stronger enemies. It's also the only weapon that remains powerful when using the Morph command, making it great when Morphing Master Tonberries for Ribbons.

Conformer also comes in handy in the very place you found it in; the Gelnika. That morph command can lead to stat-padding over there with the Conformer.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
09-14-2006, 09:09 PM
I'd put them in this order, most to least useful.

Conformer
Death Penalty
Missing Score
Premium Heart
Ultima Weapon/HP Shout
Limited Moon/Venus Gospel
Princess Guard

Interesting fact #1: As the Conformer's power is based on the enemy's level, it will deal no damage when used against an ally.
Interesting fact #2: If you kill 65,535 enemies with Vincent, his Death Penalty can kill everything, with the exception of Ruby and Safer S. (needs testing), in one hit.

so it can kill Emerald?!!!

TheSpoonyBard
09-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Yes, it can. Proof (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cXfeCC6_ac).

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
09-14-2006, 09:20 PM
then how come it cant beet ruby

TheSpoonyBard
09-14-2006, 09:25 PM
i) I don't think it's been attempted yet.
ii) Ruby has Physical and Magical immunity until her tentacles appear.
iii) Her Def stat is 300 points higher than Emmy's.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
09-14-2006, 09:26 PM
oh i didnt know that

Bloodline666
09-14-2006, 09:35 PM
ii) Ruby has Physical and Magical immunity until her tentacles appear.

Actually, once the tentacles are dead, Ruby's immunity is permanently null and void.

TheSpoonyBard
09-14-2006, 09:36 PM
I know... I said that until they appear, she's immune. Once they have appeared, the immunity is removed. This stops you recreating the situation seen in the Emmy fight.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-14-2006, 09:59 PM
:O proof rocks my socks!!!!?!?!?!11!?1!/1//1!?!?!?!?

i would put death penalty at the top, for the pure reason that it's effect cannot drop like the others. i think premium heart would be at the bottom, i want to be able to use my limit fool!

Captain Maxx Power
09-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Death Penalty, without question. It's not that difficult to get Vincent up to 9999 damage per hit, which is consistent no matter what his HP/MP/Limit/Materia. Plus as Endless showed it can do ridiculous damage due to it's damage calculations. Conformer would come next since it does damage based on an enemy's level, which means that higher level enemies take more damage, which is sensible when you consider that, in most cases, higher levels means more HP.

boys from the dwarf
09-15-2006, 03:52 PM
how does this death penalty instant kill thing work? how does it do over 9999 damage? could someone explain?

Skyblade
09-15-2006, 05:23 PM
how does this death penalty instant kill thing work? how does it do over 9999 damage? could someone explain?

Look at his proof of Emerald death youtube video. The responses for that video show the damage calculations, and how the instant kill work.

Mirage
09-15-2006, 07:26 PM
The conformer is awesome, cause you'll easily be doing 9999 damage against the enemies that count when your level is 70+. Not to mention, damage isn't divided by 4 when morphing.

TheSpoonyBard
09-16-2006, 09:23 AM
Not to mention, damage isn't divided by 4 when morphing.
Usual Morph damage is 1/8 normal damage.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-16-2006, 02:18 PM
i love the death penalty's mechanics, it's unique and pretty good if you have Vincent from an early stage and always save him to finish off any fiend that gets in your way. That's what i did, anways, and he's uber poweful ^^

~BUT NOTHING CLOSE TO THAT VINCENT! that's just crazy!

Sefie1999AD
09-16-2006, 03:56 PM
Killing 65,535 enemies takes a really long time. The damage Death Penalty did on my game was pathetic, maybe a few thousand hit points. That's because I hardly ever used Vincent, except when I got him all his Limit Breaks.

_yeojina_
09-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Visit my thread for an explanation about the Instant K.O.

Kryton87
09-18-2006, 04:25 AM
I gotta say the Ultima Weapon thing is good for me, simply because I try not to let my character's HP drop below max when I can help it. Put a 4x-Cut on Cloud, with ultima Weapon, 9999hp, he does 9999 damage per hit, four times. That'll get rid of Jenova Synthesis in no time at all. It might be interesting to go through the game without getting the ultimate weapons... Or leastwise without using them. I mean yeah, people have done better, and its not exactly a challenge, but it'd just be so that you don't get to the point where all you do is Knights of the Round and 9999 damage all the time. It kinda removes the point of it being a game. At that point, its all about how fast you can beat a boss, rather than If you can beat the boss.

Zeromus_X
09-18-2006, 05:20 AM
1.) Yuffie-witten's Conformer. It plain rules. You won't stat max without it.
2.) Cloud's Ultima Weapon and Kitten Sith's HP Shout (:cat: :love: ) Doing 9,999 damage every attack is simple with this.
3.) Cid's Venus Gospel and Nanaki's Limited Moon. Since MP is never a priority like HP, these go under the 'higher HP = more damage' weapons.
4.) Tifa's Premium Heart. Ugh. I guess if you use Deathblow alot it would help, but they must not've been thinking the day in development when they made this weapon.
5.) Vincent's Death Penalty. All the other useful weapons are powerful almost as soon as you get them. This is not. I don't have the time to kill 9,999 enemies, let alone 65,000. I don't care if it can kill Emmy or Ruby in one hit or whatever.
6.) The only reason Death Penalty isn't on this list is well...Aerith's Princess Guard. It's uselessness is self-explanatory. Although it would be perfect for Ruby weapon (as evidenced by the Ruby weapon video), but you'd have to code her into the party.

TheSpoonyBard
09-18-2006, 01:15 PM
5.) Vincent's Death Penalty. All the other useful weapons are powerful almost as soon as you get them. This is not. I don't have the time to kill 9,999 enemies, let alone 65,000. I don't care if it can kill Emmy or Ruby in one hit or whatever.
768 kills will get it dealing the same damage as a normal weapon. Approx. 5,000 kills will get it dealing the same damage as Cloud's Ultimate Weapon at max HP, providing their Strength is the same.

Mirage
09-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Not to mention, damage isn't divided by 4 when morphing.
Usual Morph damage is 1/8 normal damage.

Seems to be 1/4th for ultimate weapons. I did exactly 2499 damage when I morphed with Ultima Weapon.

TheSpoonyBard
09-18-2006, 06:13 PM
I said 'usual', referring to normal weapons. The ultimate weapons have different damage forumulas that causes Morph to deal more than the usual 1/8 damage.

Mirage
09-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Where do you get your battle mechanics data from anyway?

TheSpoonyBard
09-18-2006, 06:37 PM
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_battle_mech.txt
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_enemy_mech.txt
http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_party_mech.txt