PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Sunshine

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-14-2006, 04:27 PM
What do you think of Super Mario Sunshine? I didn't like that game because of those sloppy camera angles it made Mario Sunshine less fun in my opinion.

Markus. D
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
I think Im the only one who loved it...

it was possibly the most relaxing and enjoyable game in terms of exploration.

Tavrobel
09-14-2006, 08:09 PM
I loved this game, too. I'm not quite sure what it was about this game, whether it was the bright atmosphere, the way it evoked semi-old-school feelings, or the challenge of finding everything that can possibly be found, but I couldn't stop playing this game.

But then I got all 120 Shines twice, and sold the game, and now, I eagerly await the next installment.

Roto13
09-14-2006, 08:15 PM
Super Mario Galaxy :joey:

I liked SMS. I didn't get all of the blue coins, but I got all of the other shine sprites. I LOVE those "secret" stages! They're so old-school! I want to find an MP3 of that song.

Crossblades
09-14-2006, 09:27 PM
I think Im the only one who loved it...

it was possibly the most relaxing and enjoyable game in terms of exploration.

I Took the Red Pill
09-14-2006, 09:30 PM
I love Sunshine. The light-hearted mood to the game made it great for me. Plus smurfing around with water was fun too.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-14-2006, 09:52 PM
camera angle was good, except if ur talking about shooting with the waterpack and it does this camera behind mario thing

KentaRawr!
09-14-2006, 11:03 PM
Awesome game! =D I really like it!

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-14-2006, 11:32 PM
camera angle was good, except if ur talking about shooting with the waterpack and it does this camera behind mario thing

I was talking about a building in the amusement park...I was climbing those fences on the other side of the building where the farris wheel, is located. The camera kept moving at a certain angle when I was climbing and that made it difficult for me to see where I was going so I kept falling down when that happened.:mad:

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-14-2006, 11:47 PM
well the game cant be perfect :/

Sephex
09-15-2006, 12:03 AM
Although the camera had it's problems, I still had a lot of fun with this game. I actually got all 120 shine sprites when I first played through it. Good times.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-17-2006, 07:04 AM
That's the only thing I don't like about the unveiling of the Nintendo Wii in November the latest installment Super Mario Galaxy won't be one of the launch titles. *Sigh* Such as life...I guess Super Paper Mario will have to entertain me until then. This reminds me of when the Nintendo GameCube was released Super Mario Sunshine wasn't one of the launch titles back then either.

Rostum
09-17-2006, 07:17 AM
From what I played I like this game. Can't beat Mario64 though, love that game. <3

Rainecloud
09-17-2006, 09:25 AM
I disliked Mario 64 with a passion, but Super Mario Sunshine was the Mario game that gave me faith in Nintendo again. I really enjoyed it. I thought it was creative, fresh, and fiendishly addictive.

The kids love it, too. :) (Keeps the little brats quiet for hours)

Slothy
09-17-2006, 08:40 PM
I enjoyed it, though I didn't care for the lack of variety in the levels. There was much more variety in Mario 64 so I was a little dissapointed. And although the old-school style mini levels were kind of fun for a bit, they wore a little thin with me before long. The only thing that I truly loved about the game was that it brought back Yoshi. Everything else was fun, but didn't have me obsessing over the game like Mario 64. It just didn't bring enough originality to the table. It was basically Mario 64 with a water pack.

Sephex
09-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Everything else was fun, but didn't have me obsessing over the game like Mario 64. It just didn't bring enough originality to the table. It was basically Mario 64 with a water pack.

You know, I never really understood this argument. No one notices the pattern of Mario games (as far as the main series is concerned). Look, let me break it down like this:

Super Mario Bros.--An original game.
Super Mario Bros. 2 (the REAL 2. Known as "The Lost Levels" in the Super Mario Bros. All Stars cart for SNES)--Pretty much the original Mario with a couple of new additions. It was an evolution from the original SMB.
Super Mario Bros. 3--Totally new stuff introduced. Lots of Super Powers, world map(s), Koops kids as bosses instead of Bowser being the boss every world.
Super Mario World--Pretty much Mario 3 with minor additions. It was an evolution from SMB3.
Super Mario 64--Totally new game concept PERIOD. Broke as much ground in 3D as SMB did in 2D.
Super Mario Sunshine--Pretty much Mario 64 with minor additions. It was an evolution from Mario 64.

NOTE: I am not saying that SMB2, SMW, or SMS are bad games, or that they are dumbed down in some sort of way. All I am saying is that they are evolutions from a formula that worked. Notice how Super Mario Galaxy is going to put a whole new spin on Mario. Chances are, the next Mario game after that will be yet another evoultion--and there is nothing wrong with that.

yunacy
09-18-2006, 03:28 AM
i loved that game but i couldn't get passed a level so i broke the disc...

Sylvie
09-18-2006, 03:41 AM

Anger management might help.

yunacy
09-21-2006, 02:27 AM

Anger management might help.

i don't need anger management

Cruise Control
09-21-2006, 02:30 AM
The pinball machine level. <3

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-21-2006, 02:40 AM
More like pachinko, really.

Moon Rabbits
09-21-2006, 02:53 AM
I had fun.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-21-2006, 02:54 AM
Maybe in the next installment Mario will finally speak...Mario has always been somewhat silent in Paper Mario : The Thousand Year Door he would have these sound bites where he would say "Oh yeah!","Oh!", or "Mmmuunn!" but he would never say anything in the text boxes. It's the same thing with Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine he would have sound bites but he would never say anything in the cut scenes.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-21-2006, 02:58 AM
The last time he spoke a full sentence, it was "Thank-a you so much for to playing my gaaaame." I think he'd best stick to interjections.

KentaRawr!
09-21-2006, 04:47 AM
The last time he spoke a full sentence, it was "Thank-a you so much for to playing my gaaaame." I think he'd best stick to interjections.

I didn't hear the "a" after thank. =O I only heard "Thank you so much for to playing my game!". I agree that he should stay with interjections, mostly because they'd abuse his accent to an un-bearable level if he spoke full sentences. Either that, or he'd make movie impressions.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-21-2006, 08:00 AM
Or maybe Mario could talk the way the PCs talk in KOTOR and every other Bioware RPG...Mario could talk with dialogue options and the NPCs could respond to it. But then again it would probaby only work in the Mario RPGs I don't think it would in the Mario platformers.

Markus. D
09-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Everything else was fun, but didn't have me obsessing over the game like Mario 64. It just didn't bring enough originality to the table. It was basically Mario 64 with a water pack.

You know, I never really understood this argument. No one notices the pattern of Mario games (as far as the main series is concerned). Look, let me break it down like this:

Super Mario Bros.--An original game.
Super Mario Bros. 2 (the REAL 2. Known as "The Lost Levels" in the Super Mario Bros. All Stars cart for SNES)--Pretty much the original Mario with a couple of new additions. It was an evolution from the original SMB.
Super Mario Bros. 3--Totally new stuff introduced. Lots of Super Powers, world map(s), Koops kids as bosses instead of Bowser being the boss every world.
Super Mario World--Pretty much Mario 3 with minor additions. It was an evolution from SMB3.
Super Mario 64--Totally new game concept PERIOD. Broke as much ground in 3D as SMB did in 2D.
Super Mario Sunshine--Pretty much Mario 64 with minor additions. It was an evolution from Mario 64.

NOTE: I am not saying that SMB2, SMW, or SMS are bad games, or that they are dumbed down in some sort of way. All I am saying is that they are evolutions from a formula that worked. Notice how Super Mario Galaxy is going to put a whole new spin on Mario. Chances are, the next Mario game after that will be yet another evoultion--and there is nothing wrong with that.

you forgot super mario world 2: Yoshi's Island.

the greaterest one out of ALL of them :D!!!!

edit: or was it world 3 x_x"...

Roto13
09-21-2006, 12:23 PM
Mario says lots of stuff in Mario vs. Donkey Kong. My favourite line being "All you! It's all you, baby!"

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-21-2006, 01:26 PM
you forgot super mario world 2: Yoshi's Island.

the greaterest one out of ALL of them :D!!!!

edit: or was it world 3 x_x"...Yoshi's Island is a Yoshi game, not a Mario game, really. The Japanese title doesn't even refer to it as "Super Mario World 2."