PDA

View Full Version : Getting mad, need help..

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-14-2006, 06:29 PM
So, I've recently been a victim of some sort of glitch (see thread "Tidus Celestial Weapon glitch?") and have to the race for the Sigil again. Well, I can't get it! Stupid race is so difficult that I get even get close! I mean, tell me if I'm not the only one with these problems.

One, the trainer starts one step ahead of you, so you can't get the first 4 or 5 balloons on the path.

Two, your chocobo doesn't do what you tell it. I push left, he goes straight. I push right he turns left. I don't do anything, and he goes right.

Three, whenever a bird appears, my chocobo automatically aligns itself with it's flight path, and almost all the time hits it. So, bird hits at the end of the race is always like 7 or 8.

I mean, the first race wasn't this hard, but now, it's seems impossble. Are there any suggestions? Is there a way to train the chocobo again so that it will go where I tell it? Help!! I'm stuck.

jammi567
09-14-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm sure there's already a thread on this somewhere......

09-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Sorry, but does anyone know which thread it is? I can't seem to find it.

jammi567
09-14-2006, 09:37 PM
It will be in the second stickied thread from the top.

09-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Dodge the birds and get the balloons? Isn't there some better advice for this?

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-14-2006, 10:16 PM
ok getting less than zero isn't really that hard. i did it on my 3rd attempt this time round. just follow these tips

1. the balloons at the start have to be lined up on the right so that u can grab them all. this is pretty much down to luck

2. wen controllin, don't hold forward as the chocobo will run forward on its own, just use left n rite. its easier that way

3. for the 2nd bit, if ur behind the trainer take the path that she hasn't (i.e if she's gone left then go right) if ur in front of her choose the path with the most balloons

4. only go for a balloon if u r 100% certain u won't hit a bird in the process. wen a bird hits u u stop for like 2 secs so u actually lose 5 secs

5. if u get hit by more than one bird, u aint gonna do it, so just hed for the finish line if u do.

6. for the 2nd bit the same applies. take the route she hasn't or pick the one with the most.

u shud end up with a time of around 35-ish. so u'll only need 12 balloons. it easy to get up to 16 so u can probably hit 2 birds at a push but no more.

dp

guffman
09-15-2006, 12:06 AM
good advice, im about to start this guff so i could that.

jhmassi
10-12-2006, 04:05 AM
Yea you think your getting mad. I'm going up and down Gagazet trying to find a sphere that just isn't here. I'm down right ready to put a brick through my tv. lol

Enjolras
10-12-2006, 04:26 AM
Whats the Sphere you're looking for?

jhmassi
10-12-2006, 05:09 AM
Braskas sphere the one that is suposedly on Gagazet I found it once (by accident I'm starting to think) I've been up and down that mountain enough times to collrct every type of monster (I think). Right now I'm exploring the inered part of the mountain. after that I'm going back to the the staduim in the calm lands see what I have left to collect.

farplaner
10-12-2006, 05:27 AM
Braskas sphere the one that is suposedly on Gagazet I found it once (by accident I'm starting to think) I've been up and down that mountain enough times to collrct every type of monster (I think). Right now I'm exploring the inered part of the mountain. after that I'm going back to the the staduim in the calm lands see what I have left to collect.

There is a sphere on Gagazet. It's right near the beginning after the first statue. You go left past the statue and there is a norhtward ledge that goes opposite the path you have to take to advance over the mountain. At the end of the ledge is the sphere. Maybe you've already collected it, and you are mistaking it for another one? It's not difficult to find.

jhmassi
10-12-2006, 05:36 AM
hmm uh no I don't think so if I did than wouldn't Auron have the last of his over drives. I'm on my out to check it out I will let you know what I find

I just checked out the first ledge didn't see anything moving on to ledge 2...if any on this screen

Remember, use the Edit button instead of posting twice in a row! Thanks! :) :cat: ~ Zeromus

farplaner
10-12-2006, 11:36 PM
hmm uh no I don't think so if I did than wouldn't Auron have the last of his over drives. I'm on my out to check it out I will let you know what I find

I just checked out the first ledge didn't see anything moving on to ledge 2...if any on this screen

Just to make sure, it's not really a ledge, but more of an alcove. On the map, it goes up away from the main path and hooks to the right.

Seriously, though, you may already have it. Perhaps you should check back around Spira to make sure you have the others. Did you get the one onboard the S.S. Liki?

10-13-2006, 12:55 AM
Finally got it, again. It took me 2 weeks a hour or so a day to finally do it. I'm an idiot I know.

jhmassi
10-13-2006, 05:10 AM

Just to make sure, it's not really a ledge, but more of an alcove. On the map, it goes up away from the main path and hooks to the right.

Seriously, though, you may already have it. Perhaps you should check back around Spira to make sure you have the others. Did you get the one onboard the S.S. Liki?

hmm yea now that I think about it i think I did grab it on the first run though. There was one at the temple of baja I think it was the temple in the farplane there is a shpere there that when ever I try to pick it up I get the race message.

So basically the advice is to do the whole run through again huh lol okay then I will probably get a few more steps on the gride

SoupForInsanity
10-13-2006, 05:26 AM
Just so I don't start a new post on the same topic... I'm getting frustrated arrgh! No problem lighting hoppin', no problem with the butterflies in the woods... no problem ANYWHERE else... but these chocobos are jumping on my last string of sanity.
More than tips on how to win (which are also welcome, but I'm sure can be found in many places), does anyone have any tips on anger management while playing this li'l mini game? I start off each race taking deep breaths and calming myself down but by the end of it I'm ready to feed my controller into the tv's vcr.:tongue::choc::choc::choc::choc::choc::choc::choc::choc::choc::tongue:

10-13-2006, 05:35 AM
Seriously, I had the exact same problem. But when you're angry, you don't play well. I just stopped after a while and did something else. When I was calm and happy again, I'd try until I got mad again. If no go, I'd do something else.

For the race, what I did seemed like I was going out of my way to avoid those birds. I also tried to get every single balloon possible (i.e. running after every balloon I saw). I ended up with 17 balloons and 2 bird hits on my race.

SoupForInsanity
10-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Aaah... I get like, 5 balloons and one or two birds... I aim for a balloon and mah chocobo zings off at some dramatic angle...

jhmassi
10-13-2006, 05:48 AM
Me I just avoid that whole part of the game...unless I have few hours to kill but basically I just aviod it

10-13-2006, 05:49 AM
The chocobo steering system is like a boat. You turn the wheel and let go. The boat keeps going where you left it off. If you tap the left of right button, the chocobo doesn't respond correctly and goes wherever. That's what happened to me.

farplaner
10-13-2006, 11:27 AM
The chocobo steering system is like a boat. You turn the wheel and let go. The boat keeps going where you left it off. If you tap the left of right button, the chocobo doesn't respond correctly and goes wherever. That's what happened to me.

The steering is kind of haphazard, but if you notice, the chocobo tends to steer itself towards the center of the track. I know there are no lines or anything, but the chocobo will keep within certain bounds. If you get a feel for where those bounds are it might be of some...little...help.

Also, there is a sort of invisible split at about the mid-point of the race. If you take one course, the other will be pretty much out of range.

SoupForInsanity
10-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Whoo! I finally did it! It was 1:30 something in the morning and I was just at the "whatever" point, and I got to the end of the chocobo race with 0:0:00 and thought I had gotten it exactly because she gave me an elixer... until she preceeded to give me the sun sigil. I go "yaay" but was so tired it kind of didn't feel real... so I saved my game, and one minute later the power goes out.
Good timing. Make sure to always save your game :p I guess it was my house's way of telling me "okay you got what you wanted, now get some sleep!"

jhmassi
10-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Oh yea saving is very important. lol way to go I could never do that got to frustrated.

farplaner
10-15-2006, 03:25 AM
Whoo! I finally did it! It was 1:30 something in the morning and I was just at the "whatever" point, and I got to the end of the chocobo race with 0:0:00 and thought I had gotten it exactly because she gave me an elixer... until she preceeded to give me the sun sigil. I go "yaay" but was so tired it kind of didn't feel real... so I saved my game, and one minute later the power goes out.
Good timing. Make sure to always save your game :p I guess it was my house's way of telling me "okay you got what you wanted, now get some sleep!"

:lol: congrats! I've done that before: tried repeatedly with no luck. Then I just said screw it and didn't concentrate so much, and What Do You Know!? 0:00! Sometimes you can just try too hard.

Must learn balance Daniel-son.

jhmassi
10-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Heres another one thats hard and would probably fit under the getting mad column. I'm on the Djose highroad looking for 2 Ochus. Now I think I know what they look like big plant monster don't like fire. Heres my question can I substitute this monster in a later area. I know I've seen them in the calm lands but I don't think I've ever seen them on the highroad. Now according to the trainer I got 8 captured so far but damed if I can remember where I got em from.

farplaner
10-18-2006, 05:42 AM
Heres another one thats hard and would probably fit under the getting mad column. I'm on the Djose highroad looking for 2 Ochus. Now I think I know what they look like big plant monster don't like fire. Heres my question can I substitute this monster in a later area. I know I've seen them in the calm lands but I don't think I've ever seen them on the highroad. Now according to the trainer I got 8 captured so far but damed if I can remember where I got em from.

Trust me, you haven't seen any Ochu's in the calm lands (except maybe in the battle arena). By Djose, it means the path after the highroad: you are no longer by the ocean, but on the thin grassy path (where Kimarhi runs into Biran and Yenke when they tell him about summoners "going missing"- for example...on the way to Moonflow-south) Here, Ochu's are pretty common.

The other Ochu's (forget their exact name) are found in the Gagazet caves and along the path to the Zanarkand dome.

jhmassi
10-18-2006, 06:54 AM
What DAM oh well got a more steps on the gride thats good. Heres another question some of the monsters that I collected aren't on the trainners list. Example I forget what there called there what I confused the Ochu for...I think there called the malbros big ugly plants shot ooze try and confuse enrage and kill the party or in the cavern of the stolen faith the tromberry's.

Firo Volondé
10-18-2006, 01:23 PM
If you're saying you can't find Malboros in the trainers list, it's because they're classified in the Calm Lands, not CotSF. Tonberries are most commonly found in a small clearing, past the second fieldish area and to the right of the main path. Both these fiends have stronger versions called Great Malboros and Master Tonberries. GM are found inside Sin and the Omega Ruins, and MT I'm pretty sure are just in the Omega Ruins.

I hope this answered any questions you had.

jhmassi
10-19-2006, 05:11 AM
Thanks