PDA

View Full Version : Right Now or Back Then?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Are cartoons better right now or were cartoons better back in the late 80's and early 90's? I'm not sure I use to like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe, Darkwing Duck, Tale Spin, and Batman : The Animated Series back then...But there are cartoons I like right now too Super Robot Monkey Team, Xiaolin Showdown, Loonatics Unleashed, and Yin Yang Yo.

Dreddz
09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Back then, cartoons now are nothing like they were...

Rostum
09-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Cartoons suck now, and most of them look like they've been drawn by 10-year-olds.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-14-2006, 11:43 PM
I watched Tom and Jerry from 4th grade til' I was a sophomore in college. They're classics.

Yar
09-15-2006, 04:48 AM
One example they suck these days: Family Guy.
Rocko kicks ass by the way.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-15-2006, 05:02 AM
I've got another example : The Simpsons that cartoon show use to be great but right now it's nothing more than a shell of it's former self.

forgottenmemory
09-15-2006, 05:08 AM
Back then of course!, TaleSpin is the best cartoon disney ever made

and very funny as well! :p

*dances* *jumps*

black orb
09-15-2006, 07:33 AM
>>> Yeah, back then cartoons were better, but there is still some good stuff like Futurama..

Slade
09-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Back then, no questions asked. Better cartoons and better music. But all in all I'd say they both have their good points, I just prefer the old days over the new.

Captain Maxx Power
09-15-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm a bit biased because most of my favourite cartoons are 90's one like Cow and Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Ren and Stimpy etc. which are very surreal.

Polaris
09-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Bak then, even anime... Some anime cartoosn now are terrible! I miss Saylor Moon :( And some other not being anime are just terrible... Spcially those from cartoon Network... Gosh they seemed like they were ran over by a BIG truck and didn't have money for a surgery!

Pete for President
09-15-2006, 05:10 PM
Transformers, those old series rock.

Nowadays, I still like the Simpsons and Family Guy, but I guess that's a bit different from those old school cartoons you used to watch as a kid.

Meh, it's hard to compare.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-15-2006, 08:39 PM
definatly back then

Madame Adequate
09-15-2006, 08:51 PM
Animaniacs trumps everything.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-20-2006, 04:32 AM
I miss the Mario Bros. cartoon series I use to watch those cartoons too! I wish the cartoonists would make another Mario series and bring Paper Mario characters like Goombella, Vivian, and Koops into that series too.

SnoopyG
09-20-2006, 04:43 AM
Cartoons for children today are getting to look the same with bad story and the inclusion of either dragons, robots, space, some weird super power and etc. American cartoons trying for the anime look will usually never work, and what ever happened to just 2 characters kicking each others ass with simple household items such as tom and jerry.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-20-2006, 05:16 AM
Yeah nowadays idiotic cartoons like Camp Lazlo and Codename : Kids Next Door have flooded the air waves.:mad: Things were better when cartoonists like Tex Avery were around. The cartoons he made were so inventive and brilliant...Especially that cartoon called "Red Hot Riding Hood" because never before and never again will we probaby see this brilliant marriage of sex and violence being so incredibly funny.

But the good thing about nowadays is pretty much every cartoon show from my childhood is on DVD. Darkwing Duck is on DVD. Tale Spin is on DVD. Super Mario Bros. is on DVD. The Legend Of Zelda is on DVD. Batman : The Animated Series is on DVD. Animanicas is on DVD.

Pinky and The Brain is on DVD. G.I. Joe is on DVD. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is on DVD. Except for Freakazoid and that M.C. Hammer cartoon...I can't remember the name of it.

~SapphireStar~
09-20-2006, 09:41 AM
Back then by far. I hate it when old cartoons are revamped for today, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for example.

Rosenti
09-20-2006, 02:12 PM
Cartoons suck now, and most of them look like they've been drawn by 10-year-olds.

i have to disagree, name 1 cartoon that looks like it's been drawn by 10 yr olds? i think old cartoon are boreing.

there is only 1 cartoon ill watch, Ed Edd n Eddy, i will always like that cartoon, hehehe.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Well...Camp Lazlo looks like it's been drawn by a ten year old.