PDA

View Full Version : So...

Sephex
09-15-2006, 06:32 AM
Why does Brother have a crush on Yuna when THEY ARE FREAKING COUSINS?

Nasarian Altimeros
09-15-2006, 08:58 AM
Because incest is hot?

No.78
09-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Awr, I think the al bhed are very in bred :/

Breine
09-15-2006, 04:13 PM
I've always wanted to split Brother's head open... He really annoys me :eep:

Anyway, I guess Square wanted to make him as annoying as possible and so they made him fall in love with Yuna, although she's his cousin... brrr.

ama124
09-15-2006, 07:26 PM
I know :mad:

Its so gross. I cant stand Brother. I've always wondered why Yuna doesn't knock his lights out. Or say i have a boyfriend or whatever. It seems like she is oblivious to all of his advances though

Mirage
09-15-2006, 07:51 PM
It's not really that gross, if they spent close to no time together earlier in their childhood. There are enough genetic differences in cousins to avoid bad results :p.

Tavrobel
09-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Simply put, Brother explains his incestuous love in chapter five, saying that he "likes her backside," meaning that he likes her only because that when she turns away from him, she is often doing so out of strength for her mission and an iron will.

Of course, he can't have her, so what's the first thing that humans do? They want it more.

See, kids? FFX-2 DOES teach that personality is a factor when deciding on a love interest!

Devil Shroom
09-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Also Japanese are very open to all kinda of things. Incest out there probably isn't such a big deal.

I don't really like it either so I did something creative and thought long and hard about the family line. I have come to the conclusion (well not really I made it up) that Rikku is Yuna's cousin but Brother is a step cousin. Ah, ah yes.

This is probably completely wrong, but:
I think that, Yuna's mother was Al Bhed (which is what most think) and Rikku's mother was her sister. Cid is still her father but he was married before and this is when he had Brother, so Brother is Rikku's step brother.

That's what I think anyway.

Sefie1999AD
09-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Brother having a crush on Yuna seemed more like a joke to me than a serious attempt at having incest in an FF game. Whenever he tries to get too close to Yuna, something happens to him or he'll get yelled at. There was one moment when he tried to embrace Yuna, and Rikku kicked him and called him a sicko.

Devil Shroom
09-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Brother having a crush on Yuna seemed more like a joke to me than a serious attempt at having incest in an FF game. Whenever he tries to get too close to Yuna, something happens to him or he'll get yelled at. There was one moment when he tried to embrace Yuna, and Rikku kicked him and called him a sicko.

Really...when's that? I never saw it.

Sefie1999AD
09-16-2006, 04:24 PM
That's after you return from Mt. Gagazet very early in the game. Brother thinks Yuna is in danger, so he jumps down from the airship to rescue her. He only ends up hurting himself because of that. He's lying on the floor of the airship when you see him again, and Yune tries to comfort him.

YUNA: "Thank you, Brother."
BROTHER: "It was... It's nothing!"
YUNA: "Don't strain yourself."
BROTHER: "A leader must be tough. (tries to hug Yuna)"
RIKKU: "Sicko! (kicks Brother)"

~SapphireStar~
09-19-2006, 11:45 PM
Incest is the best.

No.78
09-20-2006, 10:26 AM
I think that, Yuna's mother was Al Bhed (which is what most think) and Rikku's mother was her sister. Cid is still her father but he was married before and this is when he had Brother, so Brother is Rikku's step brother.

Yunas mum IS al bhed, but rikkus mum is not yunas mum's sister, cid is yuna's mum's brother... *deep breath*

Devil Shroom
09-20-2006, 04:26 PM

Yunas mum IS al bhed, but rikkus mum is not yunas mum's sister, cid is yuna's mum's brother... *deep breath*

OK, well how about the possibilty that Brother is Cid's step son then? Or adopted, ya never know, the words full of possibilties.

Dynast-Kid
09-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Awr, I think the al bhed are very in bred :/

I take personal offense from that post.We're certainly not inbred...

Because Square announced this game two frickin' weeks after X was released and they were all thinking about the new game,and all that stuff...They didn't tend to such minor details such as Brother's perversions.Even if they did notice it,they didn't care,they were only after money

Old Manus
09-20-2006, 07:26 PM
It's because Square were heavily drunk while making this game and just never thought about the game making sense.

Renmiri
09-20-2006, 08:30 PM
Meh... In some countries cousins are allowed to marry. In Brazil, for instance, the couple just has to go trough some genetic counseling, to help them decide if they want to have kids.

Wasn't the royal family formed by marriages between cousins and relatives ?

Tavrobel
09-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Meh... In some countries cousins are allowed to marry. In Brazil, for instance, the couple just has to go trough some genetic counseling, to help them decide if they want to have kids.

Wasn't the royal family formed by marriages between cousins and relatives ?

Yeah, but look how well that (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caligula) turned out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero).

Renmiri
09-22-2006, 02:58 AM
Yeah, but look how well that (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caligula) turned out (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero).

Eeek! :eek:

Good point! :D

daiyu
10-09-2006, 11:33 PM
if it bothers you just have Yuna walk on him for a while after the airship scene...

Roto13
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM
There are enough genetic differences in cousins to avoid bad results :p.

No there aren't. :p

yojimbosoul
10-13-2006, 04:46 AM
What???? Im lost

Devil Shroom
10-13-2006, 01:31 PM
What???? Im lost

What are you confused with?

yojimbosoul
10-16-2006, 05:06 AM
So ..... he really does like her, or was he just joking around

Mirage
10-16-2006, 05:18 AM

Yes there is :p. Just keep the offspring from mating with their cousins again and all's well.

Roto13
10-16-2006, 03:03 PM

Yes there is :p. Just keep the offspring from mating with their cousins again and all's well.

No, really. I have two creepy retarded cousins whose parents are cousins. Stupid hillbillies.

yojimbosoul
10-17-2006, 12:49 AM

No, really. I have two creepy retarded cousins whose parents are cousins. Stupid hillbillies.

Dude, Isen't this a bit off topic?

Christmas
10-17-2006, 03:36 AM
They doesn't want NANNY MANUS and Brother to be together. :(

Devil Shroom
10-17-2006, 06:09 PM

Dude, Isen't this a bit off topic?

Hell no, they're talking about the dangers of incest which is what Brother seems to be indicating to Yuna.

BustaMo
10-17-2006, 09:18 PM
He doesn't. They are just members of the Gullwings together. There is no love interest between the two of them.

R-U-M-O-R.

RiseToFall
10-18-2006, 03:37 AM
It's obvious Brother is a redneck, check out his wedding to Yuna.
http://www.boomersfunnies.com/Pictures/Redneck%20Wedding.gif

Devil Shroom
10-18-2006, 11:55 AM
He doesn't. They are just members of the Gullwings together. There is no love interest between the two of them.

R-U-M-O-R.

How can it be rumour when it's as clear as day in the game? There's even a scene in Chapter 5 where Brother outright says he loves Yuna.