PDA

View Full Version : if nobuo eumatsu died...

the_sandman
09-15-2006, 09:05 AM
if nobuo eumatsu died...could there be anyone else to fill his shoes??...cuz i have a feeling the songs will get really sucky after eumatsu dies.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-15-2006, 09:12 AM
Uematsu has been sharing soundtrack duties with other composers since FFX. They're already "filling his shoes." I doubt you'd mind too much if he died if you haven't been able to tell the difference.

_yeojina_
09-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Horrible news: Nobou Uetmatsu is retiring from SquareSoft/Enix.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
He formed his own company, Smile Please, in 2004, but he continues to compose for Square. Becoming independent just freed him up to devote himself to additional developers, such as Mistwalker.

Bolivar
09-15-2006, 06:23 PM
I think him not being apart of the series is a huge mistake, almost as bad as sakaguchi not being involved.

is it true he only composed 1 song for FFXII?

RoxasLeonhart
09-15-2006, 06:59 PM
If he died final fantasty as we know would being dead cause his music
is every thinng to he series..

Zeromus_X
09-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Sakaguchi has been gone quite awhile too. Things change.

Anyway, that would be kinda sad, I guess, but he is getting kinda old. The best thing anyone could do is appreciate his music so he can live on forever with it.

LunarWeaver
09-15-2006, 07:58 PM
How morbid :jess:

Yes, he did only compose one song for XII... and he has been sharing duties for a while now, so it hasn't really been the end of the world since he left. He could always come back and do an entire soundtrack again, you never know.

I think he's a magnificent composer... But there are many, many composers that are just as good in my book. Yuki Kajiura, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura, Akira Yamaoka... They've all produced game soundtracks I listen to just as much as Uematsu. Square has plenty of people to hire to make yummy tunes for them.

Yoko Kanno needs to quit doing so much anime and do some game soundtracks. :eyebrow:

Mirage
09-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Uematsu has been sharing soundtrack duties with other composers since FFX. They're already "filling his shoes." I doubt you'd mind too much if he died if you haven't been able to tell the difference.

Zeromus_X
09-15-2006, 08:52 PM
I think he's a magnificent composer... But there are many, many composers that are just as good in my book. Yuki Kajiura, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura, Akira Yamaoka...

You forgot Motoi Sakuraba! :mad2: :cat:

LunarWeaver
09-15-2006, 08:55 PM
I think he's a magnificent composer... But there are many, many composers that are just as good in my book. Yuki Kajiura, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura, Akira Yamaoka...

You forgot Motoi Sakuraba! :mad2: :cat:

Well, I'll give him his Baten Kaitos soundtracks, but other then that and a few gems here and there those other composers and Uematsu eclipse him completely :jess:

Sorry :( But I think he's just kind of eh. Uematsu's song will stick with you, but I still can't hum the Tales of Symphonia battle theme and I've played through that game a total of 7 times.

Roto13
09-16-2006, 04:13 AM
Koji Kondo k.

Rengori
09-16-2006, 04:48 AM
Eh, Uematsu's good, but it's not like he's the only person who makes good game music.

Nifleheim7
09-17-2006, 02:39 AM
Yeah,this is kind of morbid...:(
I hope the man lives forever and stuff,but change is good.
There are many great japanese composers who can fill his shoes.
And they don't have to be from video games.

Moon Rabbits
09-17-2006, 05:51 AM
But there are many, many composers that are just as good in my book. Yuki Kajiura, Yasunori Mitsuda, Yoko Shimomura, Akira Yamaoka...

bolded especially + Joe Hisaishi

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
09-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Joe Hisaishi is a great composer, but he mostly does film.

Well, he just needs to keep breathing for another week so I can see him in person on Saturday. I really like his music.

boys from the dwarf
09-26-2006, 05:13 PM
uematsu is great but whoes to say he is the best? hes done some amazing tracks for FF but i think FF's music will still be great without him. it may sound slightly different.

i think nobuo uematsu is a deep purple fan because of the FF8 tune "maybe im a lion" an deep purples song "maybe im a leo". also theres a youtibe video where at a black mages concert he plays a bit of smoke on the water by deep purple. i just felt like saying that.

uematsu is good and when they replace him im sure they'll pick someone who can live up to uematsu.

~SapphireStar~
09-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Uematsu is a great composer and it will be a sad day when he passes, but right now, its best not to think about stuff like that.

IceAngel
09-26-2006, 10:34 PM
At first i read the topic title and didnt see the 'if' part :-S . I was a lil shocked until i realised.

I think i would feel a bit sad, but at least his works would live on!