PDA

View Full Version : The Pope makes the Muslims mad!

The Devil Man
09-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Point your pointy thingys over...

:save: Here! (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060915/wl_nm/religion_pope_islam_dc_7) :save:

The Pope made a speech on Thursday about Muslims and how their early teachings spread violence. Now the Muslims have gotten pretty angry in Turkey and Lebanon and this could get pretty bad.

Remember back in February how viciously they reacted when a Danish newspaper printed some cartoons depicting Mohammed? Virtually every country in Europe felt the full force of Muslim anger (and, in my opinion, vast over-reaction)

So how could they react when such a senior authority makes these comments? I really hope it doesn't get too bad at all, but as the word spreads on what the Pope said, and surely his speech will be mis-interpreted, I think there's probably gonna be some serious violence very soon. (And, personally, I think he has a point with what he said. If you read it carefully you can see that he is right).

Roto13
09-15-2006, 02:20 PM
Hypocrite.

Polaris
09-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I've heard about it on the news but I think that neither the pope should speak about muslim neither the muslism should speak about catholics! We've seen through the years that it does not get a good result!

The Devil Man
09-15-2006, 02:27 PM
I've heard about it on the news but I think that neither the pope should speak about muslim neither the muslism should speak about catholics! We've seen through the years that it does not get a good result!

That's true.

I just think this could get seriously bad in absolutely no time and Italian Embassies the world over will start getting smashed up. They've already started burning effigies of the Pope in the Muslim communities in India.

That's all I'm worried about. Innocent people will no doubt start getting hurt over this.

Levian
09-15-2006, 02:30 PM
One of many reasons why I dislike religions. Some people take it way too far. The world would be so much better off without the religions. Sure, it does do some good, but it does more harm than good. My opinion.

Polaris
09-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Muslism need to control their anger a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit... that's why I love to be atheist! No need to worry if Allah is better than the others or not... I don't really like the face of this Pope I admired the other, he seemd a sweet guy, but this one has a really face of bad person... (I hope he's not)

Rusty
09-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Everything said about Muslims is mis-interupted by Muslims *shrug* - you gotta expect some backlash.

bipper
09-15-2006, 02:37 PM
OOPS! lol

Peegee
09-15-2006, 03:31 PM
This is going to get ugly before it gets better.

I expect an apology soon.

Odaisé Gaelach
09-15-2006, 03:33 PM
I don't really like the face of this Pope I admired the other, he seemd a sweet guy, but this one has a really face of bad person...

Nonsense! His eyes are sweet, and understanding, and kind, and hypnotic... :spin:

Old Manus
09-15-2006, 03:54 PM
What, a Devil Man thread without a poll?

Madame Adequate
09-15-2006, 04:35 PM
Given that the Muslim world tends to react to statements such as this by burning effigies/diplomatic offices*, I'm not sure I can disagree with what the Pope says.

* Basically, it boils down to this.
"Islam is a violent faith."
"TAKE THAT BACK OR WE'LL KILL YOU!"

And this crap about extending an apology or retracting the statement because it will harm relations... is insane... it's saying "Do as we say, or you'll suffer the consequences."

Edit; None of this is to say that Catholicism has gone up in my eyes.

The Devil Man
09-15-2006, 04:38 PM
What, a Devil Man thread without a poll?

That can be corrected :love:

Edit: Damn, it can't :crying: I can't add a Poll! It's too late!

Serves me right. I am so mad at myself for foregtting to add a Poll. :nonono:

Odaisé Gaelach
09-15-2006, 04:39 PM
That can be corrected :love:

Make it about his kind eyes! :hyper:
Make it about his kind eyes! :hyper:

Polaris
09-15-2006, 04:39 PM
"Do as we say, or you'll suffer the consequences."

It's true, but we can't forget that if the Pope apolagize ur point is correct but if he won't, it can cause a war...

YTDN
09-15-2006, 05:12 PM
It's World War III as we know it. We're all Screwed.

Arrianna
09-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Given that the Muslim world tends to react to statements such as this by burning effigies/diplomatic offices*, I'm not sure I can disagree with what the Pope says.

And this crap about extending an apology or retracting the statement because it will harm relations... is insane... it's saying "Do as we say, or you'll suffer the consequences."QFT

I found an excerpt of his speach here (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/5348456.stm).

Wuggly Blight
09-15-2006, 06:41 PM
The Qoute was originally spoken by the Emperor of Byzantium. Turkey a few genorations later brutislih invaded it and kept the Byzantium moon in apology and memory for what they did to them. There getting mad over a qoute THERE OWN ansestors spoke....

Rye
09-15-2006, 07:44 PM
lol religion :yuck:

nik0tine
09-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I had a feeling this pope was no John Paul II. Looks like I may have been right.

Madame Adequate
09-15-2006, 08:39 PM
I had a feeling this pope was no John Paul II. Looks like I may have been right.

Yes, as we well know, Pope John Paul II would never have delivered a speech on Middle Age relations between Christianity and Islam and in so doing, quoted a powerful person of the time.

I have been directed to this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wPglHZQf-0

She deserves a medal.

Tavrobel
09-15-2006, 08:40 PM
lawl, Religion. Hilarious stuff. *prepares for this thread to become a flamefest full of trolling and hypocrisy, with a very hilarious response by Raistlin and MILF*

bipper
09-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Gabs a bazooka and a rosary*

Oh wait, I don't care....

edczxcvbnm
09-15-2006, 08:49 PM
I am waiting for a western leader to say something like

"The only way for peace to be achieved is if the middle east is wiped of the face of the planet."

In the same way that whats-his-face of Iran said the same about Israel...then we will really see the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif fly.

Raistlin
09-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Sooo... basically, the Pope called Muslims violent, and the Muslims are getting angry... and may react violently?

Way to prove them wrong.

Shoeberto
09-15-2006, 09:06 PM

She deserves a medal.
That was pretty brilliant. That lady is now one of my heroes.

Old Manus
09-15-2006, 09:44 PM
I like how the second guy she is arguing with decides she is not worth arguing with because by being secular, she has 'blasphemed against Islam, the prophet, and Allah' and is a heretic.

Ryth
09-15-2006, 10:35 PM
lawl religion. Muslims always know how to prove them wrong.

Madame Adequate
09-15-2006, 11:56 PM
I am waiting for a western leader to say something like

"The only way for peace to be achieved is if the middle east is wiped of the face of the planet."

In the same way that whats-his-face of Iran said the same about Israel...then we will really see the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif fly.

My mom said that earlier today, as well as suggesting Israel be let off the hook for their shenanigans in Lebanon. Now, you don't know my mother, but she is pretty much the most pacific person I know.

That's pretty much the major problem here - much of the support Islam has in the west is removed when they start pulling this crap, and stuff like attacking embassies over the cartoon business.

She deserves a medal.
That was pretty brilliant. That lady is now one of my heroes.

That's pretty much the line of thinking of everyone I've shown it to, myself included.

Dynast-Kid
09-15-2006, 11:58 PM
Hypocrite.

I have been directed to this;

She deserves a medal.

QFT

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 12:08 AM
lol religion

i know man......everbody shud CHILL and tell everyone its made up....heheheheheheheh

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2006, 12:13 AM
Let's just have another crusade! :cool:

Arrianna
09-16-2006, 12:15 AM
You mean they haven't already started???? :O_O:

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 12:15 AM
Let's just have another crusade

no way man thats some scary HAPPY BUNNIES OF FLUFF AND LOVE right there.......count me OUT.....

and in reply to the title....the pope makes everybody mad man.....

The swear filter is there for a reason. Don't go around it.

~Void

DarkLadyNyara
09-16-2006, 12:38 AM

And this crap about extending an apology or retracting the statement because it will harm relations... is insane... it's saying "Do as we say, or you'll suffer the consequences."

Edit; None of this is to say that Catholicism has gone up in my eyes.

Yeah, that's about the shape of it.

Note to Muslims: Threatening and/or killing people to protest them calling your faith violent kinda defeats the purpose. :D

Giga Guess
09-16-2006, 01:12 AM
The thing that gets me is...it's not like the catholics have a very clean record either...I think that's what Roto's talking about.

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 01:16 AM
The thing that gets me is...it's not like the catholics have a very clean record either...I think that's what Roto's talking about.

exactly did anybody ever see the godfather 3......its all sososo clear...hahahahahahhah.....

and the crusades....thats some scary stuff right there count me out man.....sorry dudes....

Madame Adequate
09-16-2006, 01:22 AM
It's not like we're getting our transportation networks blown up by Catholics.

And I notice a distinct lack of death threats issued by the Vatican to the makers of Father Ted.

There are no protests involving threatening the destruction of our entire civilization when someone draws a cartoon satirizing the Pope.

Oh, and when someone insults Christianity as a whole, the leaders of major sects don't tend to demand apologies on pain of death, either.

Giga Guess
09-16-2006, 01:55 AM
I never said they were AS BAD, but it's hard to take a morally superior standpoint while ignoring your own flaws.

Chimp
09-16-2006, 01:56 AM
That's pretty funny. Good job (middle east) muslims on proving that you are a peace loving people. I wonder what they will burn next!? Perhaps a new alternative to gasoline? I hope so.

Bloodline666
09-16-2006, 02:15 AM
What I find ironic is that Muhammad Ali dodged the draft during the Vietnam War based on religious grounds, and yet...his own holy book preaches violence against non-believers (here's proof (http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/quran_teaches.htm))...and given the fact that the North Vietnamese were probably either Atheist (as they were Communist) or Buddhist (as Buddhism is essentially the primary religion in East Asia)...I don't understand why he dodged the draft on "religious grounds", aside from the fact that he still felt bitter about Segregation...then again, not everybody practices their religion word-for-word according to their Holy Book (even the Bible blatantly admits that everybody sins, or has sinned in the past).

If the Islamic extremists do respond to the Pope's words with violence, then the Pope will automatically win, as he will have been proven correct. People who take the law into their own hands, be it societal laws or God's law, are only stooping down to the level of those committing the alleged crimes. And unfortunately, we see it happening all the time.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2006, 07:56 AM
You mean they haven't already started???? :O_O:

:love:

Madame Adequate
09-16-2006, 09:51 AM
I never said they were AS BAD, but it's hard to take a morally superior standpoint while ignoring your own flaws.

Whilst the Catholic Church has done some pretty damn nasty things in the past, and whilst today they could certainly do with some enlightenment over, for example, homosexuality and contraception, Islam requires the same on those subjects and many others.

Edit: I was just reading a bit about this, the Pope quite clearly rebuked what was said for being much too harsh.

Chimp
09-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Meh. All religion is spread by some kind of conflict. Islam was spread by war, it's no different than any other mainstream religion. Look in a history book.

Polaris
09-16-2006, 03:47 PM

yeah it'll be fun: dead bodies, blood, I bet they are tired of water and want to see some blood! :D And I bet they'd use those cute 11th century uniforms ;)

Seriously what the Pope said wasn't that bad and he was just reading a sentence from another person... Bad news the guy already died so i don't think muslism can kill him again... I just hope that the Pope will choose better the sentences that he'll say...

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2006, 09:26 PM

yeah it'll be fun: dead bodies, blood, I bet they are tired of water and want to see some blood! :D And I bet they'd use those cute 11th century uniforms ;)

Exactly. I'm getting my weapons ready. :cool:

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Originally Bespoketh by Sweet_Angel
Originally Bespoketh by NorthernChaosGod
Let's just have another crusade!

yeah it'll be fun: dead bodies, blood, I bet they are tired of water and want to see some blood! And I bet they'd use those cute 11th century uniforms

Exactly. I'm getting my weapons ready.

you crazy.....count me out.....and dont go gettin blood near me....
anywhos....that church dude apologised already.....

Fuego
09-16-2006, 10:25 PM
the pope is the pope.

as i see it he is just a man and just as fallible.

if he says something that you don't agree with take it with a holy grain of salt because if you disagree i don't think you're going to hell.

***EDIT***

Christianity has its share of blood shed, i don't know if the pope think that christians are better or not but IMO they are just like everyone else . So what if they killed people to spread the 'word of god', god would'a done it HIMself anyway :evilking: they were just beating HIM to the punch :tongue:

LOL J/K~
sorta' ;)

fantasyjunkie
09-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Makes me so glad I'm an athiest. It's easy to talk about the muslims but my sister is a bible thumper and she's 100% against Islam. Religion is just plain nuts.

sephirothishere
09-17-2006, 01:58 AM
Religion is just plain nuts.

amen.....imean....uhh....right on man...i dont mind people havin a religion jus as long as they dont spend all their time tellin me about it.....ya know.....

DarkLadyNyara
09-17-2006, 04:42 AM
Um, yeah, so bombing churches (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060917/ap_on_re_eu/pope_muslims_38) is apparently a good way to show people how peaceful and tolerant your religion is. :rolleyes2 Why am I not suprised? Granted, there are some muslims who are showing sense.

T-MaN
09-17-2006, 05:38 AM
It just sickens me how these extremists are damaging the overall image of a muslim. While these fools go running around doing extreme stuff, the innocents are taking the hit for it.

NorthernChaosGod
09-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Originally Bespoketh by Sweet_Angel
Originally Bespoketh by NorthernChaosGod
Let's just have another crusade!

yeah it'll be fun: dead bodies, blood, I bet they are tired of water and want to see some blood! And I bet they'd use those cute 11th century uniforms

Exactly. I'm getting my weapons ready.

you crazy.....count me out.....and dont go gettin blood near me....
anywhos....that church dude apologised already.....
*adds sephirothishere to my hit list*

sephirothishere
09-17-2006, 02:39 PM

*adds northern chaos god to 'hide from' list*

death god
09-18-2006, 02:10 PM
If you ask me the muslims get too hyped up if you say anything about them.
They should control them selfs!.

Rosenti
09-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I couldn't care less about the Pope, some old guy in white rags who thinks hes gandalf? i mean.. comon..

bipper
09-19-2006, 04:06 PM
I couldn't care less about the Pope, some old guy in white rags who thinks hes gandalf? i mean.. comon..

:mad2: Wait till I get my hands on an airplane!

Polaris
09-19-2006, 04:08 PM
lool the Pope is screwed man... He tried every way of apolagizing less the one that the muslism wants! :D

Croyles
09-19-2006, 04:21 PM
The last pope was said to be too conservative. He even went to africa to protest against condoms for fuck sake. And Ratzinger is like twice as bad. I dont know if he was talking about muslims in general or just about the jihad, but I dont doubt that he must have said something pretty stupid. He is a complete hypocrite for saying that the early muslims spread their religion through violence. Did he forget about the Spanish Inquisition? I think id rather be forced to believe in a religion by bombs than by being wheel stretched. Those particular muslims should control themselves too though. I agree that the mohammed thing was blown way out of proportion.

Enjoy:

edczxcvbnm
09-19-2006, 04:26 PM

*adds northern chaos god to 'hide from' list*

Kill them all...problem solve :eek: :cool: :D :mad2: :love: :greenie: :choc2:

Madame Adequate
09-19-2006, 05:32 PM
The last pope was said to be too conservative. He even went to africa to protest against condoms for smurf sake. And Ratzinger is like twice as bad. I dont know if he was talking about muslims in general or just about the jihad, but I dont doubt that he must have said something pretty stupid.

Funny thing; He didn't say anything stupid unless you look at one thing, which was a quote of someone else, and completely ignore context, a definite rejection of the statement, and Vatican clarifications.

Croyles
09-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Maybe not then. But he has said a lot of stupid things since he's been here in Germany.

Roto13
09-19-2006, 10:13 PM
It was still a stupid thing to say. I mean, he knows how they are. :P

Pharoh Amon Khan III
09-20-2006, 02:03 AM
Y'know I just had a bad feeling about this Pope the moment I saw him. He just looks evil to me. Here we go folks. Get ready to watch the end in slow motion...

Mum
09-21-2006, 02:08 AM
It's not like we're getting our transportation networks blown up by Catholics.

And I notice a distinct lack of death threats issued by the Vatican to the makers of Father Ted.

There are no protests involving threatening the destruction of our entire civilization when someone draws a cartoon satirizing the Pope.

Oh, and when someone insults Christianity as a whole, the leaders of major sects don't tend to demand apologies on pain of death, either.

I EMPHATICALLY AGREE WITH THIS!
It makes me so mad when one sector of people can complain, protest and threaten and actually get laws changed to their advantage , and another similar group is not allowed to say peep. SO UNFAIR and UNEQUAL!