PDA

View Full Version : Lunar: Silver Star and Lunar 2: Eternal Blue

Duncan
09-15-2006, 09:26 PM
So over on the Rare Games (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=92918) thread, I noticed that quite a few of you have Lunar 1 and 2. Are these games worth getting? Should I try picking up a copy off of ebay? What are they like? I've never played any of the Lunar games, and I've also been considering picking up the DS Lunar game, so if you've got opinions any of them, I'd love to hear it.

edczxcvbnm
09-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Just because a game is rare does not mean it is good.

Having said that they are good games. I prefer the first game over the second. I would not pay more than $40 for the game used though.

Roto13
09-15-2006, 09:53 PM
I've heard the DS one is pretty bad.

Raebus
09-15-2006, 09:56 PM
I've heard the DS one is pretty bad.

Correct.

The copy I got stopped working at one point and it was just bland/plain, really.

ValkyrieWing
09-15-2006, 10:22 PM
DS version is an abomination to gaming.

LunarWeaver
09-15-2006, 10:28 PM
I enjoyed the first Lunar enough to play through it once, but I would never play through the game again. It has good characters that make it charming enough to play through the whole thing, but everything else is kinda "meh" and hurts my brain.

RiseToFall
09-16-2006, 02:10 AM
I enjoyed the first Lunar enough to play through it once, but I would never play through the game again. It has good characters that make it charming enough to play through the whole thing, but everything else is kinda "meh" and hurts my brain.

Hmm I don't know exactly why, but I thought you would like this series alot more.;)

To answer your question yes both the games are great, especially if your a fan of 2d RPG's. Normally I would recommend them right away but, the only problem is that these games are expensive and it would really suck if you didn't like them.

EDIT: Stay as far away as possible from the DS version.

Araciel
09-16-2006, 07:16 AM
they are great..i'm a big fan of old school rpgs and these are definatly that....enjoyable and interesting, the PS versions are kinda different but in a good way

ValkyrieWing
09-16-2006, 08:24 AM
It was weird...I didn't find the Lunar games that hard.

Phacia was AWESOME though.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-16-2006, 08:55 AM
The original Sega CD games (LUNAR: The Silver Star and LUNAR: Eternal Blue) and their respective PlayStation/Saturn remakes (LUNAR: Silver Star Story and LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue) are some of the best RPGs ever made. The gameplay, characters, and plot are all pretty superlative. So you'd be doing yourself a favor to pick them up, yeah.

Araciel
09-16-2006, 08:57 AM
hear that? superlative!

i concur

Ultima Shadow
09-16-2006, 02:21 PM
The original Sega CD games (LUNAR: The Silver Star and LUNAR: Eternal Blue) and their respective PlayStation/Saturn remakes (LUNAR: Silver Star Story and LUNAR 2: Eternal Blue) are some of the best RPGs ever made.Agreed.

And Ghaleon is, in my opinion, one of the most interesting villains ever. He's just tooo cool! :cool:

~SapphireStar~
09-21-2006, 06:13 PM
I really disliked the DS one. The only good thing about it is the fact that you can fast foward the battle. I was so close to winning Lunar, but didnt get it :( I have the second one, but only the first disk. Its ok, anime cutscenes are lush.

Jowy
09-21-2006, 07:21 PM
Lunar 2's actual end boss was probably the most obscenely difficult fight I've ever encountered in an RPG as well. Most of the boss fights on disc 2 of Silver Star as well were just flat out brutal too. o_o

Saku
09-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Lunar 2's actual end boss was probably the most obscenely difficult fight I've ever encountered in an RPG as well. Most of the boss fights on disc 2 of Silver Star as well were just flat out brutal too. o_o

Especially when you realised there was no way back home once you entered the final dungeons.....

But Lunar is a great series.... You get times of joy... times of suffering... and good times all around. The Sega CD games... are... painful... Borgan is... mean... mean.. SOB

I'm not sure what they were thinking when they made the DS game.... Its terrible....