PDA

View Full Version : Cheating?

Goldenboko
09-15-2006, 10:37 PM
Is the item duplication trick considered cheating? Personally I don't think so. I need to ask because I'm trying to do a challenge and I want to know if that would be considered cheating....

I always thought it as a part of the game that people use to their advantage, like Don Tonberry and Magic Urn Tricks in FFX.

abrojtm
09-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Yes it's cheating, Don Tonberry and Magic Urns aren't glitches--the duplication trick is. If it wasn't intended to be programmed into the game, then I would consider it cheating.

boys from the dwarf
09-16-2006, 08:56 AM
yeah. its taking advantage of a programming mistake. i'd call that cheating.

Goldenboko
09-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Oh damn, that makes this challenge much tougher, oh well.

Sefie1999AD
09-16-2006, 03:19 PM
I'd consider it cheating, or at least exploiting a clearly unintended bug in the game. I don't even know how the item duplication glitch works, but I've heard it was fixed in the GBA version.

Evastio
09-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Of course it's cheating.

I don't even know how the item duplication glitch works, but I've heard it was fixed in the GBA version.
Basically you make sure the character that can equip the weapon you want to clone has it equipped during a battle. Select an empty space when it's that characters turn, then switch the empty space to the equipped weapon that you want to clone. Run from the battle. Equip the weapon with the same character. It should have a 2 next to it once it's equipped. Unequip, equip, then you'll have 2 copies of the weapon.

boys from the dwarf
09-16-2006, 09:00 PM

what challenge are you attempting anyway?

Goldenboko
09-16-2006, 09:18 PM

what challenge are you attempting anyway?

LOWEST LEVEL POSSIBLE! Basically I want to see how far I can get only leveling up because of boss battles. Right now I'm at Baigan, haven't got a chance to attempt him yet, Milon Z was pretty tough, but other then that its been pretty easy, I'm doing this on the PS1 Hard Type version as well :D.