PDA

View Full Version : HAIR CARE

Leen-Leen
09-16-2006, 03:01 AM
I've got very frizzy hair, and it's hard to take care of it sometimes. And it's also really thick. Yay, that makes the problem so much easier.

So I'm currently using Dove Advanced Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner, along with the Dove anti-frizz creme. It's better then the other shampoos and conditoner in the past. I only wash my hair every other day, and sometimes I straighten, but it's only usually like twice a week.

What I'm asking is, does anybody know how I could take better care of my hair? Or is my hair just naturally like this? Is there anyway I could fix it?

I probably should put in more conditioner, but are there any other ways?

mooglebunni608
09-16-2006, 03:07 AM
I found something out when I chopped my hair off (and it used to get puffy and frizzy and wierd all the time when it was long)
Short hair doesn't frizz. Or at least, not on anyone I've ever met.
But conditioner is definetely a good idea. I also have this gel, which doesn't really make hair hard, it just makes it stay where you put it, and it keeps hair frizzyness to a minimum ^_^

Leen-Leen
09-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Yeah, I cut my hair a little shorter and it's not as bad as it was before. Also, my mom has been asking about getting my hair "chemically straightened." But most of the hair stylists say I'm too young ... is there really an age where you'er "too young?"

mooglebunni608
09-16-2006, 03:15 AM
Well, putting chemicals in your hair can cause cancer, so I wouldn't suggest it, at any age. (My aunt got cancer from dying her hair to much, so, y'know, the idea isn't so apealing to me)
If you get desperate, try the stuff that makes your hair shiny... google it, I'm too lazy to find a name.

Sephex
09-16-2006, 03:17 AM
I thought the thread said "hair cake". Now I'm all hungry.

-N-
09-16-2006, 05:15 AM
I use a Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 and it defrizzes everything just fine.

Leen-Leen
09-16-2006, 05:19 AM
Well, putting chemicals in your hair can cause cancer, so I wouldn't suggest it, at any age.

What?! The stylists only warned that I was too young, nothing of cancer! Liars.

I use a Head and Shoulders 2 in 1 and it defrizzes everything just fine.

Hm, thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I'll try it out sometime.

ValkyrieWing
09-16-2006, 05:44 AM
There's a type of hair repair stuff you can get at Target (It's called Rusk). It's an encapsuleated conditioner, so a little goes a long way, and it works WONDERS. :) I have natrually curly hair, and it works great for me. No frizz. :P

Leen-Leen
09-16-2006, 03:45 PM
There's a type of hair repair stuff you can get at Target (It's called Rusk). It's an encapsuleated conditioner, so a little goes a long way, and it works WONDERS. :) I have natrually curly hair, and it works great for me. No frizz. :P

Is it only avalible in Target? Because I've just moved and sadly ... they hav no Target here! :mad: Of course, I guess I could order it online if I really needed to. Thanks!

McLovin'
09-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I dyed my hair 3 times and I am alive. :)

<span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;">If you highlight this:</span>&nbsp;<span class="spoiler">I will die. : (. </span>

Dreddz
09-16-2006, 04:04 PM
I use my mums shampoo. Really.

Resha
09-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I cut my hair a little shorter and it's not as bad as it was before. Also, my mom has been asking about getting my hair "chemically straightened." But most of the hair stylists say I'm too young ... is there really an age where you'er "too young?"

Well, no, there's no age per se, but the chemical straightening isn't all too healthy for the hair, so it usually is better to do it when you're older. Why ruin your hair so young is the philosophy, I guess. The problem with this chemical straightening thingy is that it stays straight for a year or so, but after that you have to get it regularly rebonded at the roots or else it becomes half straight and half frizzy (at the top, because that's where the new unstraightened hair begins to grow, eh! :p) and that's quite scary.

My friends have had it done. o_O

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 10:49 PM
magus of zeal...i highlighted that....are you ok....???....

my hair is like squalls cuz i am so cool.....whatever...my hai is naturally curly....but i sort so its straight..no fancy stuff.....little bit of waxy stuff.....called dax wax....it comes in a red tub....dont use too much hehehehehehe....but im a dude so my hair is probably different than yours.....hahahahahaha....

Sergeant Hartman
09-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Is there such a thing as shampoo for normal hair?

Skarr
09-17-2006, 02:24 AM
I've come to one conclusion from growing my hair these past 4 months...hair's a bitch to maintain.

Jojee
09-17-2006, 02:33 AM
I got my hair chemically straightened when I was 17. I loved it. No hassle of straightening it every time after wash >_< Unforunately it only lasts for < 6 months.

And I would totally do it again, but dear god is it cheaper in China than it is in the U.S.

Leen-Leen
09-17-2006, 03:41 AM
I've come to one conclusion from growing my hair these past 4 months...hair's a bitch to maintain.

Amen.

Thanks for all the suggestions. :D