PDA

View Full Version : Beating Emerald Weapon in 10 seconds.

_yeojina_
09-16-2006, 03:25 AM
Yes, that's right. Vincent totally owned Emerald Weapon in 10 seconds. Want proof?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cXfeCC6_ac

Oh, by the way, this video IS NOT fake. Read the comments there. Or read them here. This is caused by OVERFLOW.

First off, once you killed 65 535 monsters, it doesn't increase anymore. There is no Overflow there.

You don't need to do 3464135465464 damage to cause an Overflow. There are two main where Overflow can occur. The first is right at the start where your Base Damage is applied to both the Power of the attack and the enemy's Defense. If this damage goes above 262,144 damage, an overflow will occur.

If the damage overflows (and assuming that it doesn't overflow by enough to go back into positive numbers again - that can happen with low enough Defense and high enough Power/Hero Drinks), the damage will be negative.

Negative damage is not the same as positive healing. Negative damage makes FF7 think: "Oh, you did so much damage that his HP overflowed and he now has more HP than before the attack. I'd better fix that." Instant death.

The second danger occurs right when Random Variance is worked out which is after all the things like Berserk, Frog, Critical Hits and the like have been added. If the damage before Random Variance goes above a random value from 524288 to 559094, the damage will overflow.

So... tell me what you think.

Goldenboko
09-16-2006, 03:35 AM
Hu-da-om-as-go-go..
*Has heartattack*
*Comes back*
OMG*&@(*$&)#@)@(*()%&)@#(*Q_$*_%*_#$)*%_@(*_%)(@#-Swearing tangent...
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh-Brain Overflow(Get it?)
I'll send a more reasonable response once I get over the mental truama that video has given me.

(AGH! I HAD TO WATCH KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND ALL THOSE TIMES AND I COULD'VE JUST DONE THAT!)

Sephex
09-16-2006, 03:37 AM
Interesting video. I thought it was a cheat untill I read that.

_yeojina_
09-16-2006, 03:44 AM
Yes, I also thought it was a hack until I read the comments. If only my Play Station 2 could properly save my Final Fantasy VII data.

Zeromus_X
09-16-2006, 04:03 AM
So that's that Death Penalty bug. Thanks for the information! :cat:

Laugh at face of Danger
09-16-2006, 02:49 PM
I knew Vincent was the best character, and now he has a huge youtube fan base behind him ^^

Mo-Nercy
09-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Owned. xD

Orophin
09-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Yes, I also thought it was a hack until I read the comments. If only my Play Station 2 could properly save my Final Fantasy VII data.

Uhh.. what do you mean? Your PS2 is broken and can't read or save a PS1 memory card or what?

_yeojina_
09-17-2006, 01:10 AM

Uhh.. what do you mean? Your PS2 is broken and can't read or save a PS1 memory card or what?What I mean is that my PS2 cannot properly save my Final Fantasy VII data onto my Memory Card. Maybe I should try to save it onto my PS2 Memory Card. I checked on my Final Fantasy VIII data and it said the data was damaged. :mad:

Peter_20
09-17-2006, 09:26 AM
It's amazing how people still discover tricks like this after nearly ten years. :eek:

vorpal blade
09-17-2006, 10:13 AM
Emerald weapon may have been killed in 10 seconds, but how long does it take to kill 65,535 monsters? And is that total or just for Vincent? And what did the info bar say?

Kryton87
09-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I am beyond the point of thinking anything is fake... there's so much crazy crap going on in the world that I've kinda lost my ability to be surprised. Thats why instead, I get surprised by Everything!

Novaris
09-17-2006, 12:20 PM
this is insane. Tbh I don't think this person has much of a life to kill so many monsters just for this.

TheSpoonyBard
09-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Emerald weapon may have been killed in 10 seconds, but how long does it take to kill 65,535 monsters?
Not long at all if you augment Vincent's kill count with a code.

And is that total or just for Vincent?
65,535 just for Vincent.

And what did the info bar say?
It's just the normal description for 4x-Cut.

Rainecloud
09-17-2006, 01:04 PM
I still choose to believe that Emerald Weapon is invincible.

It's my world, and I think what I want. :/