PDA

View Full Version : Zidane

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-16-2006, 04:42 AM
What do you think of Zidane? I don't have a problem with his character but I do have a problem with his main weapon. A dagger is probaby the most pitiful weapon ever created...But other than that I liked Zidane that was pretty damn funny when he accidentally grabbed Garnet's ass!:) I never laughed so hard at something that was intentionally funny in my life. By the way I was reading the latest issue of Game Informer and the author who wrote the preview of Final Fantasy XII referred to Zidane as a doofus do you agree with that?

Bahamut2000X
09-16-2006, 06:20 AM
I thought Zidane was pretty cool. I liked him much better then Cloud and Squall, who in my opinions were just...well...pretty boys with no character. The "I'm a bad a$$ loner" archetype has just gone down hill since well....always. I liked how Zidane had a real past, and was more then a depressed teenager. And I thought his weapons were pretty cool. Finally a main character in FF who isn't weilding a sword. My only problem was his strongest weapons wern't daggers. :/

Araciel
09-16-2006, 08:11 AM
he was ok...bright and sunny to the very end...mostly

boys from the dwarf
09-16-2006, 08:38 AM
hes a great character and has a clear personality and he cares about other people and is sorta deep. he has some really cool and funny scenes as well as the great scene in the pandemonium.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-16-2006, 01:51 PM
He is a dumb character, weak, and annoying at times just like Garnet.

Quina and Vivi are the true heros!

cloud21zidane16
09-16-2006, 03:39 PM
i thought zidane was a wonderful character, he was funny,strong and always had a plan didnt always quite go right but........
im not sure if like him more than i like cloud and squall, i think all three of them are great

Vaprice
09-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Zidane was classic. I liked everything about him. He was able to make everything seem much more realistic for me. Plus you find out about his hidden past. One of the best main character's I think. But besides that his weapon was awesome. The reason being that a dagger is a good weapon is because of escralami aka kali. A fillipino combat art. If you did it and looked it up you'd understand why Kali/Escralami is good. Not only is it a dagger art, but in general a weapons/fist art. There lol I've said my peace.

Cid's_Lady_Erin
09-17-2006, 03:29 AM
I like Zidane. Probably because he is upbeat and doesn't try to do things alone. I mean, when the world's in danger, do you want your leader to be the guy saying "I don't know if we can do this, but I guess we have to..." or the guy saying "After we save the world I'm taking everyone out for drinks on me!!" (okay, he never says that, but you get the point [at least I hope the point is clear]). I didn't mind the daggers (though at some points I had to wonder how feasible they were, I mean, daggers against a sword or pole arm...but it's final fantasy so I just went with it). I liked his double bladed sword weapon type thing I don't know what it's called though (I saw it and immediately thought of Chrono Cross; I don't know if that's good or bad). And yes, I did like that Zidane wasn't afraid to have fun (I'd like Tidus for the same reason if I could stand him). I think Garnet and Vivi were dark and gloomy enough for everyone involved.

Elpizo
09-17-2006, 07:12 AM

He's a very strong, realistic character, strong in battles (his Trance is one of the best in the game) only Steiner beats him with pure psychical attacks (but Steiner has Swords, so...). He wasn't annoying, not at all, people who says such thing probably think CLoud and Squall were the best, most realistic characters ever, or simply don't like him (which is, well, their own good right).

And Garent wasn't annoying either. She was, just like Zidane, realistic when it came to character.

Well Vivi was a good character but I wouldn't call him a hero, it was Zidane (and his desire to find answers) that kept him going.

And Quina... Yeah, blue mage, scary fork, that's were it ends with character.

They have yet to make a FF with a better main character than Zidane. Squall came pretty close for me, but Zidane is just cool, and his thief-swords are orginal and cool. ANd his ultima Weapon looks so...'perfect'.

Hambone
09-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Didn't like him. Quina beats.

Armisael
09-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Zidane was one of my favs characters! I liked the fact that he was cheery--not that cheery like Tidus-- and so nice to other people!

vorpal blade
09-17-2006, 10:30 AM
that was pretty damn funny when he accidentally grabbed Garnet's ass!

What do you maen, "accidentally?" No way in hell that was an accident; it goes against his character. Anyway, I, too, think daggers are oddly weak (but his double-bladed sword-things were cool). The only think about him that I don't like is that he doesn't use his tail much, just in that scene on the cargo ship. He certainly is high-spirited, and that is nice, but I still like Cloud better (screw personality, his swords are friggin' HUGE!).

Dell
09-17-2006, 12:17 PM
I liked Zidane. His weapon is very cool (Like Serge in Chrono Cross). Anything about him is great. The only problem he has is he needs to cut his tail because I hate monkey.

Dagger is the best weapon IMO. And even better if it was two dagger.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-17-2006, 01:24 PM

He's a very strong, realistic character, strong in battles (his Trance is one of the best in the game) only Steiner beats him with pure psychical attacks (but Steiner has Swords, so...). He wasn't annoying, not at all, people who says such thing probably think CLoud and Squall were the best, most realistic characters ever, or simply don't like him (which is, well, their own good right).

And Garent wasn't annoying either. She was, just like Zidane, realistic when it came to character.

Well Vivi was a good character but I wouldn't call him a hero, it was Zidane (and his desire to find answers) that kept him going.

And Quina... Yeah, blue mage, scary fork, that's were it ends with character.

They have yet to make a FF with a better main character than Zidane. Squall came pretty close for me, but Zidane is just cool, and his thief-swords are orginal and cool. ANd his ultima Weapon looks so...'perfect'.

No actually i donīt like Squall and Cloud is alright to me but there other characters that i prefer over him.

Bolivar
09-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Zidane was a good character to me, and one of the reasons I enjoyed playing IX so much.

I was thinking during a replay if the story writers in VII decided to say that Sephiroth was lying to Cloud in the Whirlwind Maze because the player may have been let down if Cloud really was a clone.

SPOILER!
Zidane, however, really was artificially created and he had to deal with it. He makes a great protagonist because he had a strong sense of morality, and having a Thief as the main character was a great changeup than just having a guy with a cool looking sword.

boys from the dwarf
09-19-2006, 09:55 PM

how is quina better than zidane? i respect your opinion but id like reasons. zidane has a great personality and is overall a great character and has tons of really good scene and storyline and nearly everything you could want from a character. what makes you say quina is better?

Materia Hunter Yuffie
09-19-2006, 10:27 PM
I liked Zidane. He was cheerful and a hyper character, yet clever. He was always willing to help someone for no reason just because it was the right thing to do. I liked his daggers, it was a nice changeup. Don't get me wrong I liked the buster sword and the gunblade and the owners of them.

Goldenboko
09-19-2006, 10:34 PM

how is quina better than zidane? i respect your opinion but id like reasons. zidane has a great personality and is overall a great character and has tons of really good scene and storyline and nearly everything you could want from a character. what makes you say quina is better?
Its a joke. (Hopefully)

yuno
09-20-2006, 08:05 AM
fave character of mine.his character is very realistic (except probably for the tail) as he is seen in his ups and downs.and i like his principles in life.

"you don't need a reason to help people."

"i don't leave people alone.it goes against my nature."

and my favorite one is in my sig.and the dual dagger seems cool to me,considering he is a thief and he needs stealth.and besides,he has the double lance (name taken from ffv) weapons too,so it's all cool.

Crossblades
09-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Zidane is at the top of the list along with Cecil in terms of best main character

marc
09-20-2006, 09:35 PM
"you don't need a reason to help people."

"i don't leave people alone.it goes against my nature."

Ironic.......
Considering he is a theif.

Jimma
09-22-2006, 05:26 PM
I liked Zidane because he's the first character to not be too serious. He made me laugh so much when he grabbed Dagger's ass and the fact he thinks he a woman killer just made me laugh. It made the game better i think.

~SapphireStar~
09-22-2006, 06:23 PM
I wasnt a big fan of him when I first played the game. Im not fond of womanisers (sp). But after awhile I did get to like him. He isnt my fav main role though.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-22-2006, 06:37 PM
I liked him more than the others because of his "happy go lucky" style. The other characters brought their problems too close to home, which was the reason I played videogames. To get away from those problems.

f f freak
09-23-2006, 12:28 AM
Meh. Never really liked him. I didn't think he was all that good. I prefered Freya. I would have liked a story about Freya. also Quina was a lot better than Zidane IMO. Personality wise and character wise.

LoKuS
09-27-2006, 09:43 PM
Hes good, but we all know Locke is a better thief.