PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth or Darth Vader?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-16-2006, 05:30 AM
Which villain do you prefer Darth Vader or Sephiroth? I think Darth Vader has a better voice than Sephiroth...I read the Game Informer review of Kingdom Hearts and the author said "Lance Bass provided the voice over work for Sephiroth? No wonder why he was so hard to beat...He must have been furious. The Undertaker would have been a better choice than Lance Bass." Or something along those lines I really can't remember Kingdom Hearts is pretty forgettable in my opinion.

NINJA_Ryu
09-16-2006, 05:37 AM
Sephiroth isnt even evil enough to breathe the same air Vader breathes.

Sepherioth has a big bad sword. Vader has a red lightsaber, the freakin FORCE, and a wardrobe to match the badassness he emits.

Sepherioth is a failed experiment. Vader is a dark lord of the sith.

I think my point has gotten across :P

ValkyrieWing
09-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Sephiroth.

I don't feel like explaining. :P

Meat Puppet
09-16-2006, 05:57 AM
Darth Vader.

Nasarian Altimeros
09-16-2006, 05:58 AM
There really isn't any aspect of Sephiroth that isn't in some way inferior to Darth Vader.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-16-2006, 06:05 AM
I think The Imperial March is definitely better than The One Winged Angel.

ValkyrieWing
09-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Argh, I seem to be the singular Sephy supporter here....

Zeromus_X
09-16-2006, 06:49 AM
I like Sephiroth better.

Khaotic
09-16-2006, 07:06 AM
Sephiroth isnt even evil enough to breathe the same air Vader breathes.

Sepherioth has a big bad sword. Vader has a red lightsaber, the freakin FORCE, and a wardrobe to match the badassness he emits.

Sepherioth is a failed experiment. Vader is a dark lord of the sith.

I think my point has gotten across :P

Force? Try materia.

Forsaken Lover
09-16-2006, 07:10 AM
Force? Try materia.

Oh yes...the Ultimate Destructive Magic Meteor is a big rock.The Force allows people to control multiple blackholes, rip space-time to destroy fleets of starships, conceal entire planets from enemies, and destroy entire solar systems by making a star explode. Though that was Force technology. A clone Palpatine ripped space-time with The dark side and ripping the fabric of existence pwns making a big rock fall onto a planet.

Araciel
09-16-2006, 07:12 AM
they are both different...if i had to choose i would choose sephiroth, but that's if you don't ignore episode 3...if you do, i would totally say vader

LunarWeaver
09-16-2006, 07:14 AM
Sephy :greenie:

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-16-2006, 07:43 AM

I don't mean to be harsh but why do you guys keep typing that stupid ass nickname are you too tired/lazy to type Sephiroth? By the way Episode III may have been horrible but at least Vader didn't look like a girl in that movie...Look at a picture of Sephiroth in Advent Children he looks like he's wearing eye shadow! *Shakes head* :eep:

Rengori
09-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Vader can beat Sephy for the following reasons:

He can choke him with the force while Super Nova is being animated.
He can destroy Sephy's sword.
He can totally confuse the mentally unstable Sephiroth wiht the good ol' "I am your father," line.
Sephiroth may be able to destroy the solar system, but if the Death Star had been finished our galaxy probably wouldn't be here for Sephy to destroy. Nyahhhh.

LunarWeaver
09-16-2006, 07:53 AM

I don't mean to be harsh but why do you guys keep typing that stupid ass nickname are you too tired/lazy to type Sephiroth? By the way Episode III may have been horrible but at least Vader didn't look like a girl in that movie...Look at a picture of Sephiroth in Advent Children he looks like he's wearing eye shadow! *Shakes head* :eep:

Oh no, my secret is revealed!

Araciel
09-16-2006, 07:57 AM

wasn't horrible as a movie...just not a good star wars

udsuna
09-16-2006, 07:57 AM
Yeah, but Vader couldn't even stop a couple of kids from dropping a bomb into a tiny little hole. I mean, if nothing else, Sephiroth would have used some illusion to block that. Seriously, give Sephiroth a death star and see how things play out.

Rengori
09-16-2006, 07:59 AM
He had a death star, more like a comet or a meteor than anything else.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Seriously that nickname ("Sephy") *Shudders* is fucking retarded even more retarded than the E.T. video game that Atari made. By the way I know Episode III is a bad movie but I absolutely love that scene where Vader killed those children. *Evil laughter*

ValkyrieWing
09-16-2006, 08:06 AM
I used the nickname cause I didn't feel like typing it. Cal me lazy if you like, but don't make a big deal out of it.

Did Darth Vader come back to life after Luke killed him? NO. Did Sephiroth after Cloud killed him? In Andvent Children? YES.

Sephiroth is eternal.

LunarWeaver
09-16-2006, 08:07 AM
I have strong faith you will overcome the traumatic experience that is the word Sephy :jess:

Good thing I didn't pick Vader I would have called him Annie.

Araciel
09-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Seriously that nickname ("Sephy") *Shudders* is smurfing retarded even more retarded than the E.T. video game that Atari made. By the way I know Episode III is a bad movie but I absolutely love that scene where Vader killed those children. *Evil laughter*

pssh...you mean 'younglings'? george lucas hates children so much he can't even use their proper name

Moon Rabbits
09-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Rita.

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Vader. He's a a sith, enough said.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-16-2006, 08:12 AM
I used the nickname cause I didn't feel like typing it. Cal me lazy if you like, but don't make a big deal out of it.

Did Darth Vader come back to life after Luke killed him? NO. Did Sephiroth after Cloud killed him? In Andvent Children? YES.

Sephiroth is eternal.

Nope instead Vader is redeemed and we see him at the end of the movie as a shadowy blue spirit.

Edit: aisle_s let's not waste our time with meaningless posts shall we?:)

Forsaken Lover
09-16-2006, 09:19 AM
Seriously, give Sephiroth a death star and see how things play out.

Considering Sephiroth has no idea how to use something even a quarter as complex as a Death Star let alone any technology in Star Wars, he’d probably blow himself up.

Did Darth Vader hunt down and kill many Jedi? Yes. Did Sephiroth kill anyone half-as-skilled as Jedi? Shinra soldiers? Don’t think they come close. Vader commanded an entire fleet that spanned the galaxy and had a Super Star Destroyer and was a supreme military tactician. Did Sephiroth command even an entire army on ONE planet or have something as awesome as a Super Star Destroyer? Nope.

Perhaps if Sephiroth in one of his many resurrections by the shameless heads of Square even comes close to achieving half of what others villains ahve he can be free to lick Vader’s boots.

Dell
09-16-2006, 09:27 AM
Darth Vader, of course.
The only problem is he's very poor because he can't even buy a new cool helmet.

Malboro_Menace
09-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Vader for sure.

Sephiroth may be insanely evil but Vader is just pure evil. Until the end of the last episode...

Madame Adequate
09-16-2006, 10:18 AM
Force? Try materia.

Oh yes...the Ultimate Destructive Magic Meteor is a big rock.The Force allows people to control multiple blackholes, rip space-time to destroy fleets of starships, conceal entire planets from enemies, and destroy entire solar systems by making a star explode. Though that was Force technology. A clone Palpatine ripped space-time with The dark side and ripping the fabric of existence pwns making a big rock fall onto a planet.

Uh, only the Force doesn't use technology.

But Vader is much better.

Not better than Seymour though. Why does nobody ever discuss him, when he's clearly the best bad guy around?

Nasarian Altimeros
09-16-2006, 10:28 AM

But Vader is much better.

Not better than Seymour Albedo though. Why does nobody ever discuss him, when he's clearly the best bad guy around?
Fixed.

Raebus
09-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Not better than Seymour Albedo though. Why does nobody ever discuss him, when he's clearly the best bad guy around?
Fixed.

:thumb:

Now albedo, he was the villains villain. A crazy head blasting creep who'd give sephiroth the creeps.

Forsaken Lover
09-16-2006, 10:46 AM

Actually, there is Force-based technology. The Ancient Sith used it. Naga Sadow destroyed stars with his ship and its technology utilizing and augmenting his Force powers.

And lol at ^. So true. Though, he lost points when he started "digging graves for Rubedo and Nigredo.." What a dweeb in Episode II.

Nasarian Altimeros
09-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Darth Vader wasn't exactly menacing when he was a child either...

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-16-2006, 03:25 PM
vader

Resha
09-16-2006, 03:35 PM
DARTH VADER. A legend, man.

I Am Stoner
09-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Ok, lets put these things in perspective. Sephiroth wants to be the most powerful being in the universe. He goes around and tries to act hard. He doesn't kill many people with his hands or his sword. The you have Darth Vader, who kills for pleasure, who slays the entire Jedi Council, who kills the entire kid jedi school people. Hahaha, he slays the innocent children, if this is a contest of who is more evil, Darth Vader wins my vote.

Rocket Edge
09-16-2006, 04:55 PM
Sephiroth, he was more original.

McLovin'
09-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Darth Vader.

Can Sephiroth say to Cloud "I am your nemesis!"

The answer is: No!

That is why asthmatic Vader wins.

Rengori
09-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Darth Vader wasn't exactly menacing when he was a child either...

Say that to the Trade Federation.

chrisfffan
09-16-2006, 07:44 PM
defently Vader he is pure evil mind u saying that he wasnt and isnt in the end is he? he turns back to the good side

KentaRawr!
09-16-2006, 07:45 PM
I just thought of something. Darth Vader is a movie character, so the lounge seems more like a place for him. Sephiroth is an FF7 character, so the FF7 board is the place for him.

Why General Gaming? :shifty:

bipper
09-16-2006, 07:54 PM
Vader sucked. I always hated him for his 2d character. Again, I don't really like any of the character development in the Star wars Universe. SEPHIROTH Is a good villian, but lacks a few perseronifications I would have liked to have seen, when comparing his legend t the enemy.

Glow Stick VS Massamune, I'll take the massamune kthnx.

Bipper

I just thought of something. Darth Vader is a movie character, so the lounge seems more like a place for him. Sephiroth is an FF7 character, so the FF7 board is the place for him.

Why General Gaming? :shifty:

Vadier was a game char once or twice ;) Sucked then too

Forsaken Lover
09-16-2006, 08:02 PM

Why General Gaming?

Well...Episode III had a game version, too. So maybe that? Who knows.

Again, I don't really like any of the character development in the Star wars Universe. SEPHIROTH Is a good villian, but lacks a few perseronifications I would have liked to have seen, when comparing his legend t the enemy.

Hey hey hey. Don’t make such a broad stroke. Palpatine and Thrawn are 10x the characters Seph was. Palpatine took over the galaxy and wiped out 3 Jedi Masters in 8 seconds and achieve the goals of the Sith in ruling the galaxy and exterminating the Jedi all through his own genius. He died and came back to life by actually trasnporting his spirit across space to a clone body. He then nearly rebuilt his entire Galactic Empire and destroyed an entire starfleet as well as transported Luke across the galaxy. Sephiroth got his ass handed to him not once, but twice in the game. Then he came back and lost again. Not even in one of his many “lives” did he achieve 1/100th of what Papatine did or be as awesome and evil while doing it.

Khaotic
09-16-2006, 08:51 PM
This thread wins the award of FFnerds VS Starwars nerds.

Raebus
09-16-2006, 10:31 PM

:laugh:

How was sephiroth more original?

KentaRawr!
09-16-2006, 10:52 PM

Well, for his time he was more original I suppose. After that, we started seeing a bit too many Masamunes... :shifty:

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
09-16-2006, 10:53 PM

Well, for his time he was more original I suppose. After that, we started seeing a bit too many Masamunes... :shifty:

yep, way too many :(

Madame Adequate
09-16-2006, 11:44 PM

Actually, there is Force-based technology. The Ancient Sith used it. Naga Sadow destroyed stars with his ship and its technology utilizing and augmenting his Force powers.

I stand corrected.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-16-2006, 11:49 PM
and vader wasnt EXTREMELY orginal for his time?

Sweet Beloved
09-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Sephiroth. :D

Ouch!
09-17-2006, 12:11 AM
This is the worst question ever.

I love it.

Vader hands down. No contest, really.

Edit: Actually, I'd go as far as saying this comparison alone is an insult to Darth mother fucking Vader (see Kevin Smith's article in some Rolling Stones issue for a few years back).

KentaRawr!
09-17-2006, 12:23 AM
and vader wasnt EXTREMELY orginal for his time?

While I can make fun of him for wearing a huge voice-altering mask all the time, I will admit that he was more original than Sephiroth for his time.

It depends on what you like, really. Do you like the pure evil type? Or do you like the totally messed up type? =O

Ryth
09-17-2006, 12:26 AM
Darth Vader is leaps and bounds better than Sephiroth. No contest.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-17-2006, 02:10 AM
I think this thread is in the right place Vader has been a video game character in the past. Besides Episode III : The Game he was in Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Lego Star Wars, and Lego Star Wars 2 : The Original Trilogy. By the way how does Sephiroth's voice sound in Advent Children does it sound sinister or is his voice pathetic?

Vikeve
09-17-2006, 03:59 AM
Sephiroth

Christmas
09-17-2006, 04:23 AM
I have made an in-depth analyzation on Sephiroth in this thread. (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=92919)

Decessus
09-17-2006, 08:19 AM
http://pictureserver.funnyjunk.com/pics2/girlyvader.jpg

Rengori
09-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Dessucus wins.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
09-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Lego Star Wars 2 : The Original Trilogy

that just came out:p doubt anyone has beaten that

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Yeah you're right I haven't even bought that game yet but I will soon.

Avarice-ness
09-17-2006, 06:33 PM
... This is like... the perfect example of a rhetorical question.

Because everyone knows that Darth Vader could own Sephiroth anyday.

Yeah Sephiroth may have his long sword, but in the few seconds that he gets his sword out, Vaders already cut his arms off and then knocks the sword up into small little peices. :D

Slothy
09-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Darth Vader.

When Sephiroth and the rest of FFVII are remade in videogame lego form, then maybe he'll stand a chance.

SAIX2000
09-17-2006, 06:56 PM
ill go with sepheroth he is much better

Heath
09-17-2006, 11:29 PM
I can't believe this question even needs asking. Vader, clearly.

Rogue
09-17-2006, 11:58 PM

i agree Sephiroth deserves more respect then sephy that jus make him sound ???:mad2:

The Summoner of Leviathan
09-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Vader.

Sefie1999AD
09-18-2006, 12:51 AM
It depends on whether we're talking about the movie characters Sephiroth and Darth Vader or the game characters Sephiroth and Darth Vader. If it's the game characters, it's an easy win for Sephiroth. Here's why:

SEPHIROTH: "Super Nova!"
DARTH VADER: "The power to destroy several planets is insignificant compared to the power of the Force!"
SEPHIROTH: "And the power of the Force is insignificant compared to the power of this!"
(Sephiroth summons 5 million screaming Sephiroth fanboys and fangirls.)
DARTH VADER: "This is just too much." (dies)

If it's the movie characters, it would end up as a draw.

(Sephiroth flies away from Darth Vader, then he suddenly appears behind him and stabs his sword through his armor.)
SEPHIROTH: "Die!"
DARTH VADER: "Arrgh!"
(Sephiroth's Masamune is stuck on Vader's armor, he can't get it out of him. Darth Vader notices this and drives his lightsaber through Sephiroth.)
SEPHIROTH: "Urk!"
(Sephiroth and Darth Vader both die. Sephiroth goes into the Lifestream, Darth Vader becomes a Force Ghost. Even then, they keep fighting each other, but neither of them can die any more.)
DARTH VADER: "So, what now, Sephiroth? Are we to be two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound?"
SEPHIROTH: "Or you could surrender."
(Emperor Palpatine appears.)
PALPATINE: "Ha ha ha ha ha! Good! Good!"
SEPHIROTH: "..."
(Sephiroth casts Pale Horse on Palpatine, which turns the Emperor into a frog.)
(Kefka appears.)
KEFKA: "Wop wop wop wop wop wop wop! What a pitiful excuse for an Emperor."
(Kefka kicks the Frog Palpatine down from the cliff.)
DARTH VADER: "I can't see you doing any better."
(Darth Vader lifts Kefka to the air with Force Grip and then throws him down from the very same cliff.)
SEPHIROTH: "So, what now?"
DARTH VADER: "Listen, Professor Gast never told you what happened to your Mother."
SEPHIROTH: "Rufus dropped the rest of her down from a Shinra building in a box?"
DARTH VADER: "No. I am your Mother."
SEPHIROTH: "What the... hey, that's cool. Does that mean you are a Cetra?"
DARTH VADER: "Yes. Come with me, together we can rule the Planet as the people of Cetra did ages ago."
SEPHIROTH: "Right. I'd say it's about time."

Ouch!
09-18-2006, 01:41 AM
DARTH VADER: "So, what now, Sephiroth? Are we to be two immortals locked in an epic battle until Judgment Day and trumpets sound?"
SEPHIROTH: "Or you could surrender."
You had to go quote Pirates and ruin it, didn't you? D=

fantasyjunkie
09-18-2006, 02:10 AM
Vader! Sephiroth had some kind of neglected little boy syndrome. Vader was just plain evil!

Kryton87
09-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Given a duel between Vader and Sephiroth, Vader wins. He has a freaking Lightsaber! It doesn't matter that the Masamune is 20 feet long, the lightsaber will destroy the thing. Even if it didn't, Vader can block the blow with his HAND (as in SW5) and then disarm Sephiroth. Not to mention that Vader would not fight fair. He wouldn't bother with a swordfight. He'd just do the choke hold thing, I mean, Vader doesn't care about Sephiroth. As far as Vader's conserned, Sephiroth is just another flunkie of Shinra. If he even cares to know what Shinra is. Luke got those torpedos into the death star because he was using the Force too. Ok, given that Sephiroth has the equivellent of the Force with Materia, and given that Vader doesn't use his choke hold, and given that the Light Saber can't cut through the Masamune slicing it in half, there would certainly be an interesting fight. But I still vote for Vader. Because Vader has a cape. . . and well... Darn you Darth Haden Christianson!

Tainted Angel
09-18-2006, 08:56 AM
Vader! Sephiroth had some kind of neglected little boy syndrome. Vader was just plain evil!

Thanks to George "Fucking-the-franchise" Lucas, in EpIII, Anakin (who later becomes Vader) is tricked into killing Padme, and angsts into becoming Vader.

Vader is Angst. Sephiroth is Angst. They are equal in that regard, but the One Winged Angel is so much more cooler about it. And never had a boss he had to listen to. And never broke down and asked for redemption by killing his (nonexistant) boss.

Sephiroth wins, then HK-47 as a old republic frigate kills him using her 'Aura of Pure Awsome'.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
09-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Wait a minute wasn't Jenova Sephiroth's boss? I haven't completed Final Fantasy VII so I don't know much about the plot.

Forsaken Lover
09-18-2006, 09:27 AM
A lot of people (myself included) deduced that a rationale human being would not burn down a town after reading books unless something was tinkering with his mind. But, Square's official motto is "give the fanboys what they want" and so Sephiroth is imbued with the power that is never explained to control jenova and march towards an ideal he should not have and do things with jenova's body he should not be able to do because the fanboys want it so.

Kryton87
09-18-2006, 11:02 AM
Well, the thing is, Vader only asked for Redemption because of Luke. If he hadn't interfered, Vader would still be doing evil and awesome things. And Luke only had to interfere for a few moments. It was only when Vader saw the Emperor torturing his son that he had second thoughts about being evil.

Any time before that, Vader was awesome. Any time after that, he couldn't fight anyway.

The other thing is when he was Darth Haden Christianson, (i.e. before episode 4). Darth Haden Christianson couldn't hold a candle to Sephiroth. Mostly because at that point he's strewn with emotions: hatred, guilt, fear, jealousy, and of course, lust of power.

That makes him an entirely different person to deal with. Specifically, one that Sephiroth could easily manipulate and destroy.

Of course, if Sephiroth first disposed of the Emperor, which he could likely do pretty easily, Vader might actually join him. Or just kill him anyway and join sides with Luke.

But totally, Darth Vader could easily smash Sephiroth, but Darth Haden Christianson would have his butt handed to him faster than Obi-Wan Kenobi on crack.

Forsaken Lover
09-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Of course, if Sephiroth first disposed of the Emperor, which he could likely do pretty easily,

Wait, wait, wait. How would Seph kill Palpatine? Palpatine has decades of studying Sith teachings. A Force Storm would destroy Sephiroth.

bipper
09-18-2006, 08:40 PM

Why General Gaming?

Well...Episode III had a game version, too. So maybe that? Who knows.

Again, I don't really like any of the character development in the Star wars Universe. SEPHIROTH Is a good villian, but lacks a few perseronifications I would have liked to have seen, when comparing his legend t the enemy.

Hey hey hey. Don’t make such a broad stroke. Palpatine and Thrawn are 10x the characters Seph was. Palpatine took over the galaxy and wiped out 3 Jedi Masters in 8 seconds and achieve the goals of the Sith in ruling the galaxy and exterminating the Jedi all through his own genius. He died and came back to life by actually trasnporting his spirit across space to a clone body. He then nearly rebuilt his entire Galactic Empire and destroyed an entire starfleet as well as transported Luke across the galaxy. Sephiroth got his ass handed to him not once, but twice in the game. Then he came back and lost again. Not even in one of his many “lives” did he achieve 1/100th of what Papatine did or be as awesome and evil while doing it.

Power and retardness does not equal good character growth. Star wars is just ewe. I hate it. Too dry. Like a merlot or rank cheese. Considered good cause if you can stomach it and still form an opinion, you look like more of a MAN nerd.

Mind you, I am not a fan of sephy, but a he is simply better than any of that Star wars crap.

Fortunately, Dark Helmet pwnz them all.

Bipper

The Spehiroth Killer
11-09-2006, 01:51 AM
CHEESE WOULD COME AND DESTROY THEM ALL!!!!!

oddler
11-09-2006, 02:12 AM
The real question is who is better between the above poster and Darth Vader. Obivously Sephiroth is out of the equation because of his username. I mean, he's his killer for Peat's sake.

Nope. Read that wrong. It actually says Spehiroth. Back to the debate. :greenie:

Kryton87
11-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Well, the thing about Sephiroth, is that he has a freaking big sword, and he can call upon the powers or gigantic rocks to do his bidding. The thing about Vader, is that he has the Force, and he can call upon an entire Star Destroyer Fleet and a Death Star to do his bidding. Yes, admittedly the Death Star was destroyed, but depending upon when this happens, that may or may not be an issue. Besides, even without it, he's got almost or more than a hundred Star Destroyers, two Super Star Destroyers, and an entire Empire of Evil working for him. Not to mention the power of the Force.

And what does Sephiroth have? Rocks...

No contest.

Ryushikaze
11-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Well, the thing about Sephiroth, is that he has a freaking big sword, and he can call upon the powers or gigantic rocks to do his bidding. The thing about Vader, is that he has the Force, and he can call upon an entire Star Destroyer Fleet and a Death Star to do his bidding. Yes, admittedly the Death Star was destroyed, but depending upon when this happens, that may or may not be an issue. Besides, even without it, he's got almost or more than a hundred Star Destroyers, two Super Star Destroyers, and an entire Empire of Evil working for him. Not to mention the power of the Force.

And what does Sephiroth have? Rocks...

No contest.

Vader hardly needs a deathstar when a single ISD can do more than Meteor ever hoped to do.
Not that Death Stars are terribly difficult to make, mind.