PDA

View Full Version : Nujabes

Sylvie
09-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Who here likes Nujabes? If you don't know who he is, he's a Japanese beat-mixer. He did a lot of stuff with Samurai Champloo, which is how I learned about him. He usually mixes up existing beats, or makes his own ones. Fat Jon from Five Deez is friends with him and works with him once in a while. His real name is Jun, I beleive, and owns a record store in Japan. His stuff is really serene and incredible. If you haven't heard him, I urge you to listen to some.

My favorite works by him are:

Sincerely
Funkin' (fat jon worked on this one with him.)
Genome
Ole'
Sneak Chamber

Nominus Experse
09-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I absolutely love the Samurai Champloo albums.

The thing is, I absolutely loathe hip-hop beats when are there people signing to them. It completely ruins the song and its sound for me when there is an accompanying or lead voice(s).

I think that's why the Samurai Champloo albums were liked so much by me - they didn't have accompanying or lead vocals, abeit Battlecry and the end credits, and they had some interesting elements of other styles that crept in there nicely, namely down-tempo broken ambient beats and the like.

In some ways, he reminds of a hip-hop beats and more ambient version of Amon Tobin, simply because of how he uses samples and repeating rythms to create a soundscape fitting to the mood.

So, yes, I do like him.

Sylvie
09-17-2006, 03:47 AM
Awesome, a fellow fan! I've been trying to find an authentic version of the beat where Jin escapes with Shino in episode 11 (I think). Nobody can find the real one, and I want it!! Oh well.

krissy
09-17-2006, 10:10 PM
i have all those cd's :nibbles:

Nominus Experse
09-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Awesome, a fellow fan! I've been trying to find an authentic version of the beat where Jin escapes with Shino in episode 11 (I think). Nobody can find the real one, and I want it!! Oh well.
That's the episode wherre Jin rescues and sends off the woman that has to work for her husband as a whore to pay off a debt, right? I liked that episode a lot, though it was ultimately sad in the end... as much of Jin's stroy seems to be...

Anways, if it's the track that sounds while they are escaping through the window and continues playing until the end, I can't help you.

I have Masta, Departure, Impressions, and Playlist (which I think is all of them), but I can't find that particular song. I'll keep on trying to figure what the hell that paricular song is though, one because you want it, and two, because it will drive me mad not knowing what it is.

Sylvie
09-18-2006, 08:43 PM
That's the episode wherre Jin rescues and sends off the woman that has to work for her husband as a whore to pay off a debt, right? I liked that episode a lot, though it was ultimately sad in the end... as much of Jin's stroy seems to be...

Anways, if it's the track that sounds while they are escaping through the window and continues playing until the end, I can't help you.

I have Masta, Departure, Impressions, and Playlist (which I think is all of them), but I can't find that particular song. I'll keep on trying to figure what the hell that paricular song is though, one because you want it, and two, because it will drive me mad not knowing what it is.
Yeah, nobody can ever find it. There's a forum which is searching for this song though. Google up "Amalgam Champloo" and click on the first result, and then you click on Swords and Sunflowers.