PDA

View Full Version : Heroes vs. Villains Tournament Suggestions! Post Now!

Forsaken Lover
09-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Well, I've seen there seems to be a decent amount of interest in my tournament and so I'll start taking suggestions. Please red through the following simple criteria before suggesting.

1. List 3 and only 3 heroes and villains from a videogame.
2. If someone has posted before you, check their list and see if you may agree with any of their choices to help make this all less tedious with 10 people with 10 different lists.
3. No action heroes or underpowered characters. Max Payne and Pac-Man can not defeat most characters who may be listed probably.
4. Keep in mind each character has full-range of their abilities. So, don't suggest Safer Sephiroth or KH Sephiroth because if he makes it in, he will be given full access to all his abilities.

Edit: I may add Voyager. I'm rethinking it. I'll wait to see the characters people suggest.

NINJA_Ryu
09-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Gordon Freeman - Half Life good guy

Sonic The Hedgehog - good guy

The Balrog (Durin's Bane)- LOTR bad guy

The Predator- bad guy

Jim Raynor -Starcraft good guy

Yuri- RA2 bad guy

Spammerman
09-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Link- Zelda good guy.
Jak(3)- good guy
Dante- badass good guy
Bowser-Bad Guy
Azul(Dirge of Cerb)- Bad Guy. ( dont use unless he can go super azul)
Xemnas

Eiko Guy
09-17-2006, 12:54 AM
ryudo-grandia 2
evann-grandia xtreme
fayt-star ocean TTEOT

boris ffx-2
melfice-grandia2
kuja-ff9

Tavrobel
09-17-2006, 01:03 AM
The Balrog Durin's Bane - ONE of the LotR bad guys
Jim Raynor - Starcraft good guy
Fixed. There's lots of Balrogs.

Xemnas

Grom Hellscream - Warcraft III, technically, he's evil, but for fun I'll throw him into the pot with the good guys
Illidan Stormrage - Warcraft III/WoW
Rydia (duh) - FFIV

Spammerman
09-17-2006, 02:11 AM
i second the wc 3 characters, and technically hellscream is good. Remember when he sacrifices himself for the doom guy.

Zeromus_X
09-17-2006, 02:28 AM
Heroes:

Nel Zelpher- Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
Lenneth Valkyrie- Valkyrie Profile series
Tina ('Terra') Branford- Final Fantasy VI

Villains:

Cefka (Kefka) Pallazo- Final Fantasy VI
Albedo- Xenosaga series
Xorn- Grandia III

theundeadhero
09-17-2006, 02:57 AM
You might want to remove the no sprite rule. Your pretty much turning down anything pre PS with that.

The balrag in Durin's Bane is the only one in the Lord of the Rings. The only time others are mentioned is in the Silmarillion, which only briefly mentioned the series.

Tavrobel
09-17-2006, 03:42 AM
The balrag in Durin's Bane is the only one in the Lord of the Rings. The only time others are mentioned is in the Silmarillion, which only briefly mentioned the series.

A: The Silmarillion was written before LotR (but not published).
B: The appendices of LotR make references to Melkor and the Balrogs.
C: In LotR, Gandalf describes them as demons of old. Demons with an S implies plurality. He also says "a Balrog," in the movie, not "the Balrog," which would imply multiple Balrogs.
D: Balrogs are mentioned MANY times in the Silmarillion, particularly in the beginning of the story, and the destruction of Gondolin, of which they were a primary part of the siege.

Forsaken Lover
09-17-2006, 08:11 AM
theundeadhero, I made the correction. Thanks.

And let's keep it going people.

theundeadhero
09-17-2006, 09:53 AM
A: The Silmarillion was written before LotR (but not published).
B: The appendices of LotR make references to Melkor and the Balrogs.
C: In LotR, Gandalf describes them as demons of old. Demons with an S implies plurality. He also says "a Balrog," in the movie, not "the Balrog," which would imply multiple Balrogs.
D: Balrogs are mentioned MANY times in the Silmarillion, particularly in the beginning of the story, and the destruction of Gondolin, of which they were a primary part of the siege....Which proves exactly what I said. It's the only one talked about in the Lord of the Rings. The others are talked about in the Silmarillion.

As for A it wasn't published before LOTR because it wasn't finished. He was constantly adding to it and revising it up unill when he died. It was his son who finally finished it and then later published it.

Dell
09-17-2006, 11:42 AM
Heroes:
-Lazlo (Suikoden IV)
-Stahn (Tales of Destiny)
-Ramza (Final Fantasy Tactics)

Villain:
-Hyades (Tales of Destiny 2) (I'm actually a big fan of his laugh)
-Jowy (Suikoden II)
-Luca (Suikoden II)

Tavrobel
09-17-2006, 03:32 PM
As for A it wasn't published before LOTR because it wasn't finished. He was constantly adding to it and revising it up unill when he died. It was his son who finally finished it and then later published it.[/ooc]

I don't like how you said "they played a small part" when in reality, they played a very big one. And Gandalf's wording still implies plurality.

Also, The Silmarillion still existed in most aspects, even if it was edited... alot. Don't worry, TUH, I've read the back of the Silmarillion Second Edition in which it tells me it was published posthumously.

NINJA_Ryu
09-17-2006, 05:33 PM
OOC: I dont think we really need to argue about how many Balrogs there are right? As long as we understand which one im talking about, the rest is pretty much moot.