PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE the colour Pink! (And I'm a guy)

The Devil Man
09-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Okay, this is my problem.

For many years, the colour Pink has been wrongfully laughed at by guys the world over. Out of all the colours in the spectrum, Pink has been singled out as the most 'girly' colour of all colours and if a guy gets caught wearing Pink in public he is laughed at or called 'gay'. This makes me mad! :nonono: :nibbles: Why is Pink picked on in this way? Why does Red, or Green, or Blue not get bullied the way poor Pink gets bullied?

It's not right I tell's ya! :crying:

And I say this because Pink is easily my favourite colour. I have my favourite Pink T-shirts, I have my, er, Pink socks (actually they were white but got washed with some reds (see! red is a JERK of a colour!) to make my socks Pink) and one day I might even paint my walls Pink.

So, the purpose of this Thread is: What do other guys think of Pink? Would you ever go out in public wearing Pink clothes? Would you have the bravery to stand up for the rights of this most loveliest of colours?

And ladies, what would you think of a guy wearing Pink clothes? Would you laugh at him with your friends? :chuckle: Or would you think 'What a rebel! What a stylish guy! :drool:'

I know what I'd think!

Jojee
09-16-2006, 08:51 PM
I bought my bf a shirt that says "Tough Guys Wear Pink" couple years ago :p He finally started wearing it! (Because he hasn't done his laundry in 203948 years and ran out of other clothes)

I <333333 pink! ^^

I hope you're using Fluffy Puff. :</>D

Miriel
09-16-2006, 08:52 PM
I don't care if guys wear pink. I understand that colors aren't inherently feminine or masculine, so it really doesn't matter to me.

I Took the Red Pill
09-16-2006, 08:53 PM
I probably will not ever wear a pink shirt.

Araciel
09-16-2006, 08:54 PM
i like pink but not in my clothing

Kuroshima
09-16-2006, 08:54 PM
My shoes are pink:love:

Venom
09-16-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't care if guys wear pink. I understand that colors aren't inherently feminine or masculine, so it really doesn't matter to me.

Seconded.

Rye
09-16-2006, 08:57 PM
I love pink. :) My website is pink~

kikimm
09-16-2006, 09:00 PM
I don't really like pink on guys. It's all right, but eh. Not cause anything like GUYS CAN'T WEAR PINK but I've never seen it look really good. A lot of the guys that do wear it seem to have this attitude like yeah I'm wearing pink you wanna go >=( And that's not cool.

The Devil Man
09-16-2006, 09:01 PM
I hope you're using Fluffy Puff. :</>D

What else do you think it would be? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pink is such a beautiful country. Sony is even releasing a Pink PSP and PS2... I will surely buy both.

And Nintendo are bound to release a Pink Revolution (I r-e-f-u-s-e to call it a 'Wii' :mad2:) which I'll definetly get :bigsmile:

DK
09-16-2006, 09:09 PM
I have pink t-shirts and socks and braclets and I wear then quite regularly. I quite enjoy the colour pink. Actually, I used to have two glow in the dark pink bead braclets, and girls loved them and it was a good way to meet them because they were all like "EEE THOSE ARE SO COOL CAN I HAVE ONE" And yeah.

Also, I grew up a Bret Hart fan. Pink and Black attack is back :cool:

boys from the dwarf
09-16-2006, 09:18 PM
i prefer purple. im a guy and i like darker purple colours and theres nothing wrong with pink but i wouldnt really wear either of them. maybe a shirt with a little bit of purple or pink but only a tiny bit. pink just isn't for wearing in my book.

if the item of clothing is pink and has some sort of joke about pink stuff and your willing to wear it, thats fine.

Polaris
09-16-2006, 09:27 PM
if it's light pink I'd love to see my bf wearing a pink shirt :D Gosh he'll hate me now eheheh

daggertrepe
09-16-2006, 09:28 PM
I don't mind boys who wear pink. :)

NorthernChaosGod
09-16-2006, 09:41 PM
No. And I hate the 'Tough Guys Wear Pink' crap. Tough guys don't wear pink, only douchebags wear pink.

McLovin'
09-16-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't own anything pink.

Sergeant Hartman
09-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I don't want to look like a marshmallow.

Old Manus
09-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Only chavs wear pink. Preferably with navy stripes.

Cz
09-16-2006, 09:54 PM
I own a pink shirt, although it's a dark-ish shade rather than shocking pink. It suits me, so I wear it fairly often, and I don't really think of it as a statement or anything.

Fuego
09-16-2006, 10:00 PM
Pink is the color of (make me puke).

I go with black or purple anyday. :evilking:

and i agree with you NortherChaosGod ... also i don't care if others wear pink ... i just don't like it one me.

Roto13
09-16-2006, 10:03 PM
I don't own any pink clothes. Or pink anything else. My brother has a pink t-shirt that says "All of my other t-shirts are dirty".

I made a pink sig for someone today.

The end.

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 10:09 PM
the only pink in any of my clothin is in the writin of some t shirt i have featurin the silhouette of a scantily clad woman....it says "BIKINI CONTEST" and on the back it says "JUDGE".....heheheheheheheheh...

Hambone
09-16-2006, 11:30 PM
No thank you.

Decessus
09-16-2006, 11:34 PM
"It's not pink, it's light red, okay?! A really light red."

Tavrobel
09-16-2006, 11:39 PM
"Isn't that the definition of pink?"

Anyways, I could care less colors, since I have no sense of coordination or decoration ability. I could care less if someone wears it. And if someone gets me a pink shirt, I'd wear it if I ran out of other clothes.

I need to stop using the Fluffy Puff setting. Here I am giving my opinion about COLORS.

Levian
09-16-2006, 11:48 PM
The only pink clothing guys can suit is pink shirts, but even there only a few males actually looks good in it. You'll have to be pretty manly to wear pink. I just don't make the cut. :/

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 11:50 PM
i have a suit i wear with a pink tie....chicks dig it....

Fuego
09-17-2006, 12:01 AM
If anything pink ever touched my flesh, it (along with my flesh) would erupt in cleansing flame :evilking:

Psychotic
09-17-2006, 12:24 AM
I don't wear pink. Not because of the connotations associated with the colour, but because it looks ugly.

Ryth
09-17-2006, 12:28 AM
I don't wear pink, not because I think it emasculating, I just really don't like the colour itself.

rubah
09-17-2006, 12:29 AM
My boyfriend wears a pink shirt. He looks better in the color than I do >:]

Spammerman
09-17-2006, 12:30 AM
i dont wear pink, but i dont have a prob with it. My halo 2 character is all pink mostly.

Christmas
09-17-2006, 03:44 AM
LITTLE MANUS is always pink. :bigsmile:

Rusty
09-17-2006, 04:12 AM
I think guys can only pull of pink if they were a pink shirt under a suit. And then only some guys can pull it off - you have to pretty masculine.

Kryton87
09-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Thats whats wrong with today's Western Society (and I don't know about the eastern society). Women can wear whatever they want in whatever color they want, (bluejeans and a leather jacket for example), and no one thinks different. But if a man wears even a pink teeshirt without some kind of tagline, people ridicule him about being "girly". Its not fair! If I want to wear a pink robe with white fluff around the hem, and a cool looking ring thats not amazingly gaudy, I don't want people to think I'm dressing up for Halloween!

when I was in High School, one of the Dean's used to wear a pink button down shirt. It was kinda funny because he was incredibly tanned most of the time, and from the right angle, you couldn't tell if he was wearing a shirt at all...

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-17-2006, 04:32 AM
Well, I actually like light pink polo shirts, but I'd rather just wear white over them. But I do like girls that use pink tastefully, very pretty.

Rinoabella
09-17-2006, 06:27 AM
I have no problems with guys wearing pink if it's fluro. If it's like candy pink though...that could be weird.

Quindiana Jones
09-17-2006, 01:08 PM
I love pink, but wouldn't wear it (except for socks, and jewellry).

Tempest
09-17-2006, 01:43 PM
I think a guy can wear whatever color they want.

Vikeve
09-17-2006, 03:58 PM
I think it depends on how they wear it some guys just don't look right in pink so they stay wearing emo black or whatever thats fine. others look good wearing pink. But i hate it when guys have that additude "im wearing pink you got a problem with that" unless others make comments about them first. But some guys look good in it and im like:love: :love: :love: :love:

Alive-Cat
09-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I ADORE GUYS WEARING PINK!1!11

BardTard
09-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Guys wearing pink? wtf. It looks stupid, I think. Pink is a girly color. No offense to guys who wear pink... I just don't get it. :mog:

I go with black or purple anyday.

Black and purple are my 2 favorite colors!!! :D

Reles
09-17-2006, 09:27 PM
It doesn't matter to me if they wear pink, so as long as they don't add a pink bow to their hair. :p

I think people think I'm overly girlie because I own maybe three pink shirts. But I'm not as girlie fashion wise as some people think. I wear it because I look nice in it.

Alive-Cat
09-17-2006, 09:29 PM
so as long as they don't add a pink bow to their hair. :p
Damn.

mooglebunni608
09-17-2006, 09:32 PM
guys with pink hair turn me on. ^_~

Laugh at face of Danger
09-17-2006, 09:33 PM
whats wrong with giving any in-between answers. a guy in pink isn't my deal but it's not exactly wrong to me. sheesh.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-17-2006, 09:37 PM
I don't mind if a guy likes pink. I will say, however, that I think the color is generally hideous.

Quindiana Jones
09-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Hm. It seems that 17 guys who have voted are DELUSIONAL!

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2006, 08:20 AM
Hm. It seems that 17 guys who have voted are DELUSIONAL!

You miscounted, only 12 are delusional.

Slade
09-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Hell, I'd wear pink. I haven't got anything pink at the moment but if I did then I would. I wouldn't wear purple though. I actually quite like the colour pink. Mainly because it's a byproduct of red and red is my favorite colour :bigsmile:

EDIT: For the record, I'm not gay.

Owen Macwere
09-18-2006, 02:03 PM
I don't want to look like a pig, do I?.

My shoes are pink:love:

:laugh: I didn't know that :laugh:

Twilight Edge
09-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Pink=pinkies=my dad's version of saying urine excretion, so NO.

McLovin'
09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
I have pink boxers. Does that count?

edczxcvbnm
09-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Where is the pink = fag option?

Moon Rabbits
09-18-2006, 05:04 PM
Pink is one smexy colour.

I hate the shirts that say "tough guys wear pink" when a majority of the shirt is black and only the text is pink :(

I wear pink pants, shirts, bracelets etc. :)

sephirothishere
09-18-2006, 05:19 PM
i like girls that are sweet lokkin in pink....i dont wear pink...brown and other darkish colours suit me better.....

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
09-18-2006, 05:21 PM
I like pink. but it only suits me if it's with mostly black.... just a little bit of pink

Brian The Pink Shark
09-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Nothing wrong with being male and liking pink :choc:

bipper
09-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Real Cowboys wear pink

NorthernChaosGod
09-18-2006, 10:27 PM
I don't know, someone should add it.

If you're in denial.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-18-2006, 10:44 PM

If you're in denial.

Since when were you the colour police? :choc:

Mo-Nercy
09-19-2006, 03:42 AM
If guys are to wear pink, it should be a tight pink tee and skinny jeans to match.

It's a good colour if it suits you. Doesn't really work for my body type. I'm more singlets and shirts.

NorthernChaosGod
09-19-2006, 08:22 AM

If you're in denial.

Since when were you the colour police? :choc:

Since I became the authority on pretty much everything that matters.

Nominus Experse
09-19-2006, 08:23 AM
Pink is a half-ass insult to crimson!

ValkyrieWing
09-19-2006, 08:27 AM
I personally have an adversion to pink, but should a guy chose to wear it, that's fine. I'll not question his manhood.

Kryton87
09-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I generally like to wear long pants, a teeshirt, and a jacket or a vest. It would be awesome, if that jacket was Pink. Provided it wasn't frilly, I think it would suit me. In fact, a pink Blazer would be quite nice. I'd get some nice dark contrasting colors, and a black shirt with a tie-died tie. That would be an awesome thing to wear. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it every day, because I only like attracting attention once in a while. Of course, I still stand by my earlier statement of the unfairness of the fasion industry, but I'd be lying to say it hasn't rubbed off on me.

Araciel
09-19-2006, 09:30 AM
i'm pretty sure the shape of the shirt should more greatly affect its manliness than the colour...that being said, i would never buy a pink shirt, as i assume it wouldn't look good on me

Rosenti
09-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I dont think there is anything wrong wíth wearing pink shirt..

I got a friend who wears a pink shirt and has pink bag... But some how he acts like a fagget sometimes :D

ShunNakamura
09-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Okay, this is my problem.

For many years, the colour Pink has been wrongfully laughed at by guys the world over. Out of all the colours in the spectrum, Pink has been singled out as the most 'girly' colour of all colours and if a guy gets caught wearing Pink in public he is laughed at or called 'gay'. This makes me mad! :nonono: :nibbles: Why is Pink picked on in this way? Why does Red, or Green, or Blue not get bullied the way poor Pink gets bullied?

It's not right I tell's ya! :crying:

And I say this because Pink is easily my favourite colour. I have my favourite Pink T-shirts, I have my, er, Pink socks (actually they were white but got washed with some reds (see! red is a JERK of a colour!) to make my socks Pink) and one day I might even paint my walls Pink.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD! OUT I SAY!

Your views there are so identical to my thoughts that it is scary. LONG LIVE PINK!*

Though it getting it to work well in a compilation isn't as easy as with some of the stronger colors.

So, the purpose of this Thread is: What do other guys think of Pink? Would you ever go out in public wearing Pink clothes? Would you have the bravery to stand up for the rights of this most loveliest of colours?

Have done and continue to do so.

Though I don't do it often. Pink doesn't look too good on me except in a coupe shades that I almost never see. I tend to wear purple instead, which is nearly as good as pink and looks much better on me.

NorthernChaosGod
09-19-2006, 07:18 PM
All you pink lovers are lucky, for now. When I rule the world, all males seen wearing pink that are not homosexual will be shot.

Brian The Pink Shark
09-19-2006, 08:12 PM
does that constitute flaming? :choc:

Peegee
09-19-2006, 08:43 PM
I don't own a single piece of pink clothes. If my whites get redded up in the wash they go in the garbage.

My brother has a pink dress shirt he wears every so often. it's not a big deal. Just something I'd prefer not to have to do.

sephirothishere
09-19-2006, 10:35 PM
beautiful pale skinned blonde girls with large breasts in powder pink....oh yeh...thats who shud wear pink...

Vincent, Thunder God
09-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Definetly not. I think pink looks bad on guys. My opinion isn't based on the fact that pink is a girl's color or whatever, pink just doesn't contrast well with a guy's features.