PDA

View Full Version : Yngwie Malmsteen or Micheal Angelo Batio?

Venom
09-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Personally I think they both are awesome.

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 09:51 PM
batio does some cool tricks....but to be honest their both !"^%heads...
malmsteen if i had to choose.....

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-16-2006, 10:26 PM
Malmsteen's quickness coupled with his craziness, oh ho, what a guitar player. Rising Force!!!

sephirothishere
09-16-2006, 11:58 PM
i know this is about malmstenn but did anybody ever hear mattias eklundh....hes the dude outta freak kitchen.....and ron thal is also cool...theyre my favs at teh mo...and guthrie govan is a sick player but cant write songs to good....

NorthernChaosGod
09-17-2006, 08:20 AM
I vote Yngwie, I don't know much other players that have the precision and skill to play with a full scalloped neck.

o_O
09-17-2006, 11:05 AM
I vote Michael Angelo Batio. I actually like his music, whereas Malmsteen's just seems like he doesn't think it matters what it sounds like, as long as he plays it fast.

Sir Bahamut
09-17-2006, 11:33 AM
They're both nothing but shredheads with no musicality. Malmsteen's "Rising Force" sounded fairly promising, but he ended up going nowhere fast. Now all he does is recycle his a-harmonic minor superspeedy licks over and over. Completely uninteresting. And Michael Angelo? Hardly any better.

They're all technique, which is fine enough in itself, but in terms of music, it counts for virtually nothing. A guitarist who could outplay both of them any day of the week and simultaneously produce incredible music is Allan Holdsworth.

Novaris
09-17-2006, 12:18 PM
well, Rising Force had Joe Lynn Turner for the album Odyssee (correct me if I'm wrong :p) The album where he played with the orchastra was very amazing too but Batio is very promising too, No Boundries and Prog are all I've heard from him though.

sephirothishere
09-17-2006, 01:38 PM
theyre ok....i wouldnt care if they came to my house though....id probably lock em out.....malmsteen is too repetitive for me...but he still beats batio......

~SapphireStar~
09-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Both, they are fantastic. My ex got me into their music.

Bloodline666
09-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Michael Angelo Batio. I would've voted for Malmsteen if his tone didn't suck (I detest any and all tone coming from electric guitars with only single-coil pickups, which is why my own guitar has a two-humbucker configuration with a three-way toggle pickup switch)

sephirothishere
09-21-2006, 08:18 PM
I would've voted for Malmsteen if his tone didn't suck (I detest any and all tone coming from electric guitars with only single-coil pickups, which is why my own guitar has a two-humbucker configuration with a three-way toggle pickup switch)

you obviously dunno what your talkin about....fender has a sweet sound....the single coil in the bridge is a little weak....but the neck pickup is soooooo sweet......i play an ibanez rg550ex.....it has a nice dimarzio joe satriani in the neck and a petrucci humbucker in the bridge but i still wish i had a nice strat.....

Alive-Cat
09-22-2006, 04:23 PM
To hell with both of them.
This guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYUwKVUR6-A) puts them both of shame. :cool:

Renmiri
09-22-2006, 04:51 PM
They're all technique, which is fine enough in itself, but in terms of music, it counts for virtually nothing. A guitarist who could outplay both of them any day of the week and simultaneously produce incredible music is Allan Holdsworth.

Rising Force is not just that... Icarus is good too. Good guitar playing with melody to boot.

I also like Al Di Meola (yeah I'm that old :p ) but he is more jazz guitar.