PDA

View Full Version : Sephiroth?

Malboro_Menace
09-17-2006, 01:40 AM
Do you like Sephiroth's Lance Bass voice? Its just that I hear alot of people saying it sucked.

I didn't really like it. Not deep enough to be Sephiroth IMO.

Oh BTW is his voice better in KH2?

Tavrobel
09-17-2006, 01:49 AM
He says a grand total of four words in KHI with Lance Bass. How could people find a way to judge his ability to speak, especially since KHI had an all star cast, provided original voice actors could not be cast?

Different actor in KHII, George Newbern, and suffice it to say, I'm rather indifferent to Sephiroth speaking in KHII, who says a grand total of something close to fifty words.

LunarWeaver
09-17-2006, 05:44 AM
I think George Newbern did a great job... I can't say much about Lance Bass since he didn't really say anything... I don't think you can say he would have been bad with a bigger part based on the fact he's Lance Bass. I don't like most things the other actors had been in either but that doesn't make them bad voice actors.

Rikku X-2
10-05-2006, 05:31 AM
When Lance did Sephiroth's voice KH1
he talked with a voice i never pictured him with...

George Newbern (thats his name)
did really good, i did picture sephiroth like that tpye of voice.....
but his Japanese voice was really something! :D

vorpal blade
10-05-2006, 08:43 AM
There was something... odd about his voice in KHII. it just didn't seem to fit that well. It was acceptable, but there was something I didn't like about it.

Rostum
10-05-2006, 12:29 PM
I think that Sephiroth didn't say too much in KH1 to really give a good idea on how well Lance Bass did. In KH2 he was pretty cool (and I just beat him too ^^!).

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-05-2006, 03:07 PM
good or bad yes? xD

i voted yea, it was a cool voice i guess

Sefie1999AD
10-05-2006, 08:03 PM
I haven't played KH2, but I didn't think George Newbern's voice was that great for Sephiroth in FFVII AC and a few clips I saw of KH2. I think Lance Bass did a pretty good job with the lines he was given, despite the fact that so many people bash Sephiroth's voice just because of Lance Bass playing him. And why do people say Lance Bass had only 4 words or 4 lines as Sephiroth? Here's everything he says:

"Out of my way!" (Fire Pillar early in the battle)
"Time to die!" (Fire Pillar later in the battle)
"Come!" (before using Heartless Angel for the first time)
"Descend, Heartless Angel!" (it's not Sin Harvest!)
"Come, power!" (he starts using Omnislash)
"Prepare yourself!" (during Omnislash)
"No more games, show me what you've got!" (the last hit of Omnislash)
"No mercy, time to die!" (the last hit of Omnislash, alternative)
"I am the chosen one!" (he starts using the Meteor Storm)
"Come... to be one! I shall lead you to the Promised Land!" (during Meteor Storm)
"That was true power!" (after using Meteor Storm)
"Dodge this!" (last phase of the battle)
"Meet your fate!" (last phase of the battle)
"The Planet... it has failed me!!" (when he's defeated)

I don't know about you, but unless my calculations are totally wrong, that's way more than 4 words. :D

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-05-2006, 08:26 PM
i never heard him say time to die :confused:

Enjolras
10-06-2006, 04:47 AM
I don't think making Sephiroth (In my opinion one of the coolest baddies of all time) sound like a pop star is a good thing. Therefore I have no affection for the usage of Lance Bass as the voice of Sephiroth. However, I think most of the characters in the english version of KHII and Advent Children have slightly cheesy and all-far-to-similar american accents, where I thought they could have had a bit more variety to suit the characters. So I don't really think well of either of them. Not that I have anything against the american accent in general.

Also, I know it's a bit meaningless, but I always imagined Sephy with a crisp British accent. I just think it would suit him better.

Crimson
10-06-2006, 07:19 AM
I haven't played KH2, but I didn't think George Newbern's voice was that great for Sephiroth in FFVII AC and a few clips I saw of KH2. I think Lance Bass did a pretty good job with the lines he was given, despite the fact that so many people bash Sephiroth's voice just because of Lance Bass playing him. And why do people say Lance Bass had only 4 words or 4 lines as Sephiroth? Here's everything he says:

"Out of my way!" (Fire Pillar early in the battle)
"Time to die!" (Fire Pillar later in the battle)
"Come!" (before using Heartless Angel for the first time)
"Descend, Heartless Angel!" (it's not Sin Harvest!)
"Come, power!" (he starts using Omnislash)
"Prepare yourself!" (during Omnislash)
"No more games, show me what you've got!" (the last hit of Omnislash)
"No mercy, time to die!" (the last hit of Omnislash, alternative)
"I am the chosen one!" (he starts using the Meteor Storm)
"Come... to be one! I shall lead you to the Promised Land!" (during Meteor Storm)
"That was true power!" (after using Meteor Storm)
"Dodge this!" (last phase of the battle)
"Meet your fate!" (last phase of the battle)
"The Planet... it has failed me!!" (when he's defeated)

I don't know about you, but unless my calculations are totally wrong, that's way more than 4 words. :D

He also said another word, near the end part, when he teleported then used a spinning slash he says 'Darkness!'

Carl the Llama
10-07-2006, 06:02 AM
i never heard him say time to die :confused:

Lucky you :p

but anyways I think his KHII voice was perfect, just how id imagin it (and yes I also beat him (on my 11th try lol Sora: level 70 (when I first tried it I was 62 :p)))

BustaMo
10-07-2006, 06:26 PM
All I have to say is, member's of N'Sync or any other boy bands should not be allowed to be invovlved in the production and development of Final Fantasy games.

Acid Raine
10-08-2006, 01:30 AM
All I have to say is, member's of N'Sync or any other boy bands should not be allowed to be invovlved in the production and development of Final Fantasy games.

Good thing it wasnt a Final Fantasy game. :rolleyes2

I think people give poor Lance Bass too much of a hard time. First of all, I know boy bands are cheesy, and never should have existed, but if you actually listen to Lance SPEAK, and not sing to some ridiculous pop tune, his voice is actually kind of....um...I cant think of a word, but it actually sort of fits for Sephiroth, imo. He certainly didnt do a BAD job.

Xaldin_XIII
10-13-2006, 12:03 PM
i liked his voice in number 2... dats all iv got 2 say

Markus. D
10-13-2006, 02:38 PM
I kinda disliked his voice in Both KH games so far.

but I havent actually gotten up to the fight part.

Rocket Edge
10-15-2006, 05:00 PM
I thought he did a good enough job. I liked it better than in KHII, it sounded dull in the second.

IceAngel
10-15-2006, 05:10 PM
I think people give poor Lance Bass too much of a hard time. First of all, I know boy bands are cheesy, and never should have existed, but if you actually listen to Lance SPEAK, and not sing to some ridiculous pop tune, his voice is actually kind of....um...I cant think of a word, but it actually sort of fits for Sephiroth, imo. He certainly didnt do a BAD job.[/COLOR]

Exactly. I liked his voice better in KH1, just like Aerith/Aeries (whatever her name is now) but thats another story...