PDA

View Full Version : what your least favorite square-enix/soft game?

The Knights of the Round
09-17-2006, 02:05 AM
im just wondering what game everything thinks is the worst made by square-soft/enix. this isnt suppose to be a big fight thing on who thinks which one is worse and that they are right, cause no one is right about this. its just an oppinion.

the game i think is the worst of the ones ive played so far is FFV. This game makes me soooooo angry!!! but i dont hate it, i just think its the worst yet.
edit/adding reasons(when you go through a dungeaon or w/e some of the enimies are harder than the boss, and then the really hard ones dont even give exp they give gbp) really annoying

so plz post ur oppinions..

ValkyrieWing
09-17-2006, 06:34 AM
Hmmm...I'm actually not liking FFX-2 very much....maybe cause I'm stuck on lightning tower calibration. ><

Mirage
09-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Dragon QUest 8's battle system really put me off, so I pick that.

DJZen
09-18-2006, 02:30 AM
I'd say Final Fantasy VII, but it has Heidegger. I'll have to go with Xenogears instead.

Aurons_Desciple
09-18-2006, 05:11 AM
Unlimited Saga

Erdrick Holmes
09-18-2006, 05:19 AM
Final Fantasy IX... no that wasn't a typo.

RiseToFall
09-18-2006, 05:51 AM
Kings Knight

Captain Maxx Power
09-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Despite it's heritage, DQ1 is downright anarchic and tedious, which is to be expected from such an old RPG. It's a miracle the interaction system wasn't as bogged down as other RPG's at the time.

aerithsloveslave
09-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Anything with the word Saga in the title.

Erdrick Holmes
09-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Despite it's heritage, DQ1 is downright anarchic and tedious, which is to be expected from such an old RPG. It's a miracle the interaction system wasn't as bogged down as other RPG's at the time.

Thank god the Gameboy version of DQ1 fixed all that broken crap.

The Japanese version was worse, since the sprites looked like stick figures and only faced towards the camera you had to select 'talk' then select the direction where you'd like to talk to.

DJZen
09-19-2006, 07:40 PM
If you think THAT'S bad, try playing the MSX version. The screen had to completely re-draw with every step you took, all sprites had a black box around them (apparently transparency hadn't been invented yet), and even though it was on a computer, it wouldn't let you save your game to a floppy disk. However, it was so far ahead of its competition at the time that it won over the hearts of gamers nationwide. Just goes to show you how much perspective can change your opinion on a game.

Necronopticous
09-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Tobal #1

Erdrick Holmes
09-19-2006, 10:39 PM
If you think THAT'S bad, try playing the MSX version. The screen had to completely re-draw with every step you took, all sprites had a black box around them (apparently transparency hadn't been invented yet), and even though it was on a computer, it wouldn't let you save your game to a floppy disk. However, it was so far ahead of its competition at the time that it won over the hearts of gamers nationwide. Just goes to show you how much perspective can change your opinion on a game.

Did the MSX version of DQ2 have that?

And BOOOO! Tobal #1 was good, it was the first 3D fighting game I didn't hate.

DJZen
09-20-2006, 02:30 AM
Yes, it did, but it looked nicer. About as nice as an RPG could look on the MSX1.

Dreddz
09-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Unlimited Saga :mad2:

Auragaea
09-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Einhander

~SapphireStar~
09-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Unlimited Saga. Waste of time and money. I got the money back, but sadly not the time.

Vermachtnis
09-24-2006, 05:01 AM
I've never played Unlimited Saga, so I'm gonna say Final Fantasy X-2. The only think I liked was "1000 Words" and the battle system.

LunarWeaver
09-24-2006, 07:54 AM
Final Fantasy I :jess:

ValkyrieWing
09-24-2006, 08:11 AM
FFI was BORING>

Bunny
09-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Final Fantasy VII. I own it and I beat it but I still have not seen a single redeeming factor in the game. It was simple, the story was not very interesting and the characters were extremely dry.

Angi-Kaiser
09-24-2006, 02:38 PM
I can't say that I really liked Ehergiez: God Save the Ring. It just felt clunky, and all of the characters were rather cumbersum. Add that to the fact that it was another game where they threw in FF7 characters just to whore off its popularity (and the worst part was that the FF7 characters were basically just new modles with the same attacks and moves as the regular characters).

Fatal Impurity
09-24-2006, 06:33 PM
i'd say FF10-2 and einhander (barmy concept) but i really like ergiez and all squaresoft/enix fighting games (such as bushido blade)

Jessweeee♪
09-24-2006, 09:33 PM
FFIV
yep.

NINJA_Ryu
09-25-2006, 03:22 PM
^^^ Raar....burn you heathen!:D

Id have to say ogre battle was the worst in my experience...

look_out_below
09-26-2006, 11:06 PM
FFX-2....shudder

aerithsloveslave
09-27-2006, 12:54 PM
^^^ Raar....burn you heathen!:D

Id have to say ogre battle was the worst in my experience...

The Ogre series is made by Quest although many of its developers moved over to Square later on.

My name is...something..?
09-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Unlimited Saga.:)
I really wanted to like it, but it just wasn't happening.

bipper
09-29-2006, 06:01 PM
Anything Final Fantasy X and up

Jowy
09-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Kingdom Hearts II. God, that was boring.

Omnislash07
09-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Ulimited Saga

Jessweeee♪
09-30-2006, 02:51 AM
KH2 you say?
You had to of at least like it better than CoM????

Rogue
09-30-2006, 03:49 AM

same here

Markus. D
09-30-2006, 12:05 PM
I can't say that I really liked Ehergiez: God Save the Ring. It just felt clunky, and all of the characters were rather cumbersum. Add that to the fact that it was another game where they threw in FF7 characters just to whore off its popularity (and the worst part was that the FF7 characters were basically just new modles with the same attacks and moves as the regular characters).

T-T I liked its jumpy button mashy battle system :]

DQ1, *shakes head* >_>

escobert
09-30-2006, 07:45 PM

Awww :( I love the Saga games

FFX or X-2 are horrid and ruined the Final Fantasy name.

Addis
10-20-2006, 01:49 AM
Chrono Trigger/Cross (can't remember which one it was). I can't stand the cut scenes and the DBZ art style!!! (luckly I sold it and got FFIX instead.

Wolf Kanno
10-21-2006, 08:28 AM
FFX, cause I can sum it up as 40 hrs. of "Are we there yet?" that and Yuna was boring and lacked any personality, so FFX-2 also gets a mention cause that was just simply an abomination...

I used to hate FFVII but I've come to terms with that game... I just feel it's the most overated game in the series... Although I still passionately hate Yuffie...

Polnareff
10-22-2006, 06:05 PM
Besides Chrono Cross (boring and tedious), I'd have to say Tobal #1. Even at the time, it wasn't a very good 3D fighter, and felt more like it was thrown together.

Laddy
10-23-2006, 02:09 AM
I hated Unlimited SaGa, it was boredgame, really. Crappy combat, stupid "movement", lame "storyline(s)", horrendously bad voice acting, and the worst excuse for a GAME.

black orb
10-23-2006, 03:33 PM
>>> Vagrant Story, I guess..

Reine
10-23-2006, 07:54 PM
Final Fantasy X

It does have a redeeming quality though, its boringness can be used as a sleeping drug ^_^

Crossblades
10-24-2006, 02:46 PM
Chrono Trigger/Cross (can't remember which one it was). I can't stand the cut scenes and the DBZ art style!!! (luckly I sold it and got FFIX instead.

That was Chrono Trigger. And what's wrong with the cut scenes. That's the way Akira Toriyama always draw. It's can't be helped if it's similar to DBZ

Wolf Kanno
10-26-2006, 05:30 AM
You know, I'm surprised no one has mentioned FF: Mystic Quest (or FF USA to you people who prefer the original titles.)

I've heard it's pretty abysmal...:mog:

feioncastor
10-26-2006, 10:15 AM
You know, I'm surprised no one has mentioned FF: Mystic Quest (or FF USA to you people who prefer the original titles.)

I've heard it's pretty abysmal...:mog:

Well, you heard wrong :)

I loved FF:MQ. It was way too easy considering that I had already beaten FF1 on NES before playing it, but I did like it a lot. It was fun to interact with the environment with your weapons, plus Tristam was badical. The story wasn't too solid, and was pretty generic, but the gameplay was fun and the little guy shrugged his shoulders quite frequently, as I recall.

I always thought it was funny that the last boss is the Dark King, and you really don't hear a thing about him until you get to him. He's not mentioned at all through the game until you get to his castle, at the end... Laughable. That and the fact that you can kill him in one hit by casting "Cure" on him, as he's undead.

My least favorite S-E game might be FF8, but honestly, I don't think I like that many S-E games... I mean, they have a lot of non-FF games, right? The only ones I can think of are SMRPG(loved it), Parasite Eve(not my style), Ehrgeiz (big disappointment), Einhander (freaking love it), and the SaGa Games. And KH. Oh, and the Chrono games. I liked CT, but not really CC. And I love SaGa Frontier. I can't stand SF2, Unlimited SaGa, or the FF Legend games, but I love SaGa Frontier. Mostly because of T260G. I'm curious what the Romancing SaGa games were like. I haven't played them, but I love the SNES entries of the FF series, so I might like the SNES entries of the SaGa series.

I liked KH1 a lot, but my stupid PS2 junked out on me, near the beginning of the game. Right at the part where you fight that Hunter guy with Tarzan. And now, it's been too long to resume play from that point, so if I do finish KH, I'll just start a new game.

So, not counting the unplayable FF8, my least favorite S-E game is probably Parasite Eve. It's just not my style of game, at all.

I hope you don't mean Chrono Trigger. The original version had no cutscenes because it was an SNES game. They added those to the PSX version. I didn't mind them, as the game is still awesome.

Don't get me wrong. I like FF9 just fine. But I will openly say that I like Chrono Trigger more. You know, because of Dalton. And his ship. The Daltonator, or something like that.

EDIT: Forgot the Mana games. Or the Seiken games. Whatever you call them. I've only played the first one (FFadventure on GB) and Secret of Mana for the SNES, and I liked them both, a lot. Mostly SoM. And mostly for Flammie. And not the Purelands.

Lord Xehanort
10-26-2006, 07:16 PM
My least favorite?

I can't tell if it was FFIX or FFX-2...
Wait, it was neither! It was KH:CoM. That game was a disappointment.

Other bad ones include: Legend of Dragoon, Bushido Blade and Vagrant Story.

I really enjoyed Chrono Trigger, even though I have never beaten it... ever. Chrono Cross, which I have never seen the ending to, since my game freezes RIGHT as the ending starts, was also good imho.

FFVI was great... until the World of Ruin, when the storyline sorta says: "Ok, bye, I'm gonna go home now!" It was a great game that fell apart at the end.
FFVII had the Materia System, and Sephiroth, so I don't hate it. I can forgive terrible graphics, whiny female characters, and endless rumors.
FFVIII had a lame character development (omg, we all gots teh same past, lol!), and the final boos just pops out of NOWHERE, but the story was entertaining, which still places it leaps and bounds ahead of IX.

I really liked X, except for Yuna.

Wolf Kanno
10-26-2006, 07:48 PM
[quote=Lord Xehanort;1957366]My least favorite?

Other bad ones include: Legend of Dragoon, Bushido Blade and Vagrant Story.
quote]

Sorry to disappoint you but Legend of Dragoon wasn't a Squenix title. It was made by Sony (though the actual staff were former Square employees so I'll give you two points for being able to see the Square craftmanship:D )

Lord Xehanort
10-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Whoops... I could've SWORN that was a Square work.

I really like Legend of Mana, though I can NEVER find one on ebay for less than $60.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
10-27-2006, 02:48 PM
I always thought it was funny that the last boss is the Dark King, and you really don't hear a thing about him until you get to him. He's not mentioned at all through the game until you get to his castle, at the end... Laughable.MAC: I've discovered a lost part of the Prophecy. "The one behind the 4 is darker than the night, and rises midst the land!" You've saved the Crystals, but our real enemy is the Dark King. He's in Focus Tower.

And if you talk to him after that, he says something about paying the Dark King back for some vague past transgression. Hideously undeveloped, yes, but they do mention him.

escobert
11-09-2006, 02:33 AM
[QUOTE=Wolf Kanno;1956821]

And I love SaGa Frontier. I can't stand SF2, Unlimited SaGa, or the FF Legend games, but I love SaGa Frontier. Mostly because of T260G. I'm curious what the Romancing SaGa games were like. I haven't played them, but I love the SNES entries of the FF series, so I might like the SNES entries of the SaGa series.

Romancing Saga for Ps2 reminded me of Saga Frontier in a updated fantasy world, I really emjoyed it and got it to it more then I did SF which, I also loved.

I loved SF2s story but the way they told it was just.. um.. strange.