PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Limit

SigmaMan
09-17-2006, 04:23 AM
what's goin on here,here i tought i had ff7 figured out and i see new limits?i tought barrets final was catastrophe,it can go one more up?does this also hapen to other characters,can someone tell whats up.

Edit: Is it possible to counter=mime limit breaks

Zeromus_X
09-17-2006, 05:35 AM
All the characters have a fourth level limit (except Kitten Sith, he don't need no stinkin' level three and up Limits!) which is learned by using a certain 'Limit Break Manual' on them as an item once they've learned all their level one, two, and three limits.

However, alot of these final Limits aren't really all the characters' ultimate Limits. For example, Yuffie's Doom of the Living beats her level 4 Limit, All Creation, anyday. Barret's Angermax is much better than Catastrophe for all-out damage. And so on. But Omnislash and Highwind are still the best choices for Cloud and Cid.

Anyway, just use a guide *cough* (http://eyesonff.com/ff7/limit.php) to find these Limits.

ValkyrieWing
09-17-2006, 06:33 AM
Tifa's don't really count, since hers are set on reels.

Zeromus_X
09-17-2006, 06:35 AM
Well, you still need to learn them all. :cat:

But, I never use Tifa, so correct me if I'm wrong. :cat:

ValkyrieWing
09-17-2006, 06:44 AM
?? I used Tifa the whole time. You do still have to learn them all, and as such, they aren't as powerful necessarily as the single Limits. But...if you're able to chain them all together, with the right timing, then they are DEVISTATING.

Zeromus_X
09-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Oh! Oh, nevermind. I didn't understand what you meant. Sorry. :cat:

Yeah, well, with her combos, she can do some superb damage, yes.

sephirothishere
09-17-2006, 01:20 PM
i use tifa all the time...i dont need to use her limit ever so premium heart is very useful for me...

Thane
09-17-2006, 03:30 PM
I never use characters with reel attacks (Cait Sith and Tifa) because the outcome might be crappy. But I perfer to use limit breaks that do several hits Like Omnislash, Ungarmax and Highwind.

And vincents limit breaks aren't too good because you can't control him or chose his attacks because if you fight an enemy that can absorb elementa attacks he could just keep healing them. But the advantage is his stat increases, like his HP, Strength, Vitality etc.

Mercen-X
09-18-2006, 12:06 AM
what's goin on here,here i tought i had ff7 figured out and i see new limits?i tought barrets final was catastrophe,it can go one more up?

Did you actually see this or are you asking this based on a rumor you've heard?

Also, I used Vincent's Galian Beast form without the aid of the other two characters and he defeated Schizo . . . after a long battle that had me wondering if I was going to die soon. Luckily, I had Vincent equipped with a Elemental+Fire materia combo (elemental was set to absorb) so Schizo actually healed me with its fire breath a lot more often than Vincent healed it with Beast Flare.

_yeojina_
09-18-2006, 09:25 PM
I don't mind Cait Sith's Limit, it's just that there's a slight chance that you can actually commit suicide when having reels.

Sefie1999AD
09-18-2006, 11:27 PM
However, alot of these final Limits aren't really all the characters' ultimate Limits. For example, Yuffie's Doom of the Living beats her level 4 Limit, All Creation, anyday. Barret's Angermax is much better than Catastrophe for all-out damage. And so on. But Omnislash and Highwind are still the best choices for Cloud and Cid.

Is Angermax really stronger than the Catastrophe? I never bothered to count how many times they hit. As for Tifa, I have her limit break set on level 4 so she'll do all the combos when she uses her limit break. It's not really hard to get all the seven reels land on the "OK" choice. I mostly save her limit break for bosses, though, so she'll be constantly doing 9999 damage with her Premium Heart before that.

TheSpoonyBard
09-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Ungarmax: 18 hits. 1/2 base damage. About 900% damage.
Catastrophe: 10 hits. 1 1/4 base damge. About 1250% damage.

However, when Barret's Strength and Luck are high, or he has a few Hero Drinks, and Ungarmax is hitting for 9,999, it's better.