PDA

View Full Version : Zidane/Garnet

vorpal blade
09-17-2006, 10:37 AM
Consider this: I don't know how long I've been playing FFIX, but it's probably less than 200 hours. Even assuming it took me 240 hours to win the game, that means that they've been travelling for 10 earth-days. And they've only gone to sleep a few times. So how does Garnet fall for Zidane so quickly? And for that matter, how do you save the world in less than a fortnight? But more importantly, I don't think Cupid's arrow flies that fast.

Quindiana Jones
09-17-2006, 02:15 PM
It can do. With the things that they did together, it could easily happen. In my game they fell in love in less than 2 days :bigsmile:

In the real world, with a normal unadventurous life, it would probably take a bit longer. But love doesn't always take years.

Bolivar
09-17-2006, 07:33 PM
by that point they've been through alot together. And Garnet's always been used whereas Zidane wanted to help her. I don't know, i'm sure there's alot of reasons.

Xurts
09-17-2006, 11:00 PM
How could you spend 240 hours on that? I could see 100, but 240 is going way too far.

abrojtm
09-18-2006, 12:51 AM
Game days are shorter.

boys from the dwarf
09-18-2006, 08:01 AM
and you have to make some assumptions. sure its possible to get to the end of memoria in under 12 hours but its not like they did the whole thing in 12 hours. i dont know how it took you so long to complete the game. if you think about it the game was definetly over a month. after all. garnet escapes, travels across most of the word and tons of other crazy things happen and she becomes queen. now thats not exactly gonna happen in one day is it?

Sefie1999AD
09-18-2006, 11:37 PM
The time in the game's world is different from the real time. I'd consider it an end of a day whenever the characters sleep (at an inn or some other way). Too bad the FFs don't do like some games (such as Seiken Densetsu 3) did, having day and night times that keep alternating.

yuno
09-20-2006, 08:12 AM
extreme and intense experiences bring people closer together than,say,a few years of friendship.that's how i would argue garnet's love.