PDA

View Full Version : final dungeon save points.

boys from the dwarf
09-17-2006, 01:00 PM
im going through the lunar subterrean right now. i played for about 90 minutes without finding a save point and then died against the lunarsaurs. all of my characters are around level 47-49. did i miss a save point or something or are there just loads of floors and bosses and very few save points?

can you give me any tips on bosses i should watch out for because i dont want to play through the dungeon for ages and then die again.

thanks.

Znake
09-17-2006, 02:57 PM
The only save spot in the Lunar Subterrean is located on Floor B7. It's the first room of a row of three.
The second room has two Ribbons in it. The third you can get Kain's Ultimate Weapon from (in the main game anyway). You've got to fight Plague, who can be a tough battle, as he casts Doom on the whole party. The best thing to do is, cast Slow on yourself, and kill of one or two characters before you fight him, then revive them one at a time as the counter gets to around 3. The rest of the bosses shoulden't be to tough.

boys from the dwarf
09-17-2006, 06:06 PM
is that save point after the wyvern and lunasaurs then? how should i go about beating wyvern. ive heard that the ragnorok does 9999 damage against lunasaurs. any more hints because right now i really dont want to go down again and keep on losing. i think i'll level up a bit more before trying the bosses and when i beat a boss i might warp to the surface and save just in case the next one beats me.

hints against bosses and save point locations would be much aprecciated.

EDIT: ah. for some stupid reason i missed out the first doors on the row of doors and went straight to the last one and died. so the save point is in the first of the doors.

are there any more save points? id imagine there would be a save point near zemus but are there any more? boss hints would still be appreciated but Znake has already been a great help. thanks.

Zeromus_X
09-17-2006, 06:31 PM
There's just the Save Point in the room before Dark Bahamut and the Save Point in the first of the three doors where some of the Lunar treasures are hidden.

boys from the dwarf
09-17-2006, 09:34 PM
where is wyvern? ive defeated plague and i know the lunasaurs are in the next room but i cant find wyvern. did i miss him out? will i need to go back?

edit: hang on. i've found wyvern but i think ive missed out the white dragon that you get one of edges weapons from. what floor is that boss on?

Zeromus_X
09-17-2006, 09:45 PM
There's a false wall in the very first floor of the final dungeon, right near the teleporter. Just go through it and follow a path and you'll reach the White Dragon.

Evastio
09-17-2006, 10:04 PM
where is wyvern? ive defeated plague and i know the lunasaurs are in the next room but i cant find wyvern. did i miss him out? will i need to go back?
On one of the floors before the save point that you missed there's a 2 space gap that you can walk over. Follow the path and it should lead you to a few treasures, a save point, and the Ragnarok Sword which is guarded by Wyvern.

boys from the dwarf
09-17-2006, 10:06 PM
thanks so much. ive beaten wyvern and im on level 49-52.

ive beaten plague and wyvern so now its white dragon, lunasaurs and that other leviathan type boss. then zeromus himself. i plan to have everyone at about level 55 for zeromus. ill definetly beat FF4 soon.

Zeromus_X
09-18-2006, 02:32 AM
*cough*

boys from the dwarf
09-18-2006, 08:03 AM
thanks. i feel like such a NooB asking questions like this but at least its one more FF to tick off my beating list. id have completed them all by now if my FF6 disc hadn't broken. thanks again. peace out.

EDIT: o.k! ive beaten all of the bosses but zeromus and seems as i have 1,500,000gil if zeromus proves too much of a problem i could always just buy about 30 elixirs. anyway. i will beat FF4 very soon.

Sefie1999AD
09-18-2006, 11:21 PM
If you want hints for the final parts of the game, here's a few:
- You can run away from the bosses in the crystal floors by using Edge's Smoke ability. This works even against Zemus' Breath and Zemus' Mind.
- Don't worry about spending a lot of MP on the crystal floors, you'll be fully restored just before the final battle.
- During the final battle, have Rosa use Cure4 on every turn. Be careful when using spells against Zeromus because he'll often counter them. Have Kain jump and Edge throw weapons.
- Lowering the battle speed will make the battle considerably easier (Zeromus will cast 1-2 Big Bangs every turn on the fastest speed, but on the normal speed, he'll cast a Big Bang every two turns or so).

boys from the dwarf
09-19-2006, 03:59 PM
thanks i knew all of those apart from the last one. ill give it a try. i fought zeromus but on rosas first turn i had her cast haste on herself but while she was casting the spell zeromus used big bang so that was a mistake.

rydia is on level 50.
rosa is on level 53
kain is on level 54
cecil is on level 53
edge is on level 51 or 52.

im going to level up a bit more before attempting again because it takes about 15 minutes to get to zeromus and there isn't a save point before zeromus. i'll definetly beat the game soon. any useful tactics? im having edge throw everything that i have and that knife that does 9999 damage (i believe its called the spoon on other versions of the game.) and throwi the excalibur to do tons of damage. kains jumping. perhaps i could time his jumps because i think theres a way to tell when zeromus is about to cast big bang. cecils just attacking and if rosa or rydia are on low MP ill use an elixir. ill probably warp out and buy tons of elixirs because i have 1,500,000 gil. rydias using bahamut and thats about it.

Sefie1999AD
09-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Well, you can make your trip to Zeromus a bit faster by running away from every battle on your way. Can Rosa usually survive a Big Bang? If she can, you should be fine with her casting Cure4 on every turn. If Zeromus casts Big Bang too frequently, lower the battle speed.

I wouldn't bother timing with Kain's jumps because you still don't have that much time to waste. Don't bother casting Protect, Shell, Haste or anything like that, either, because Zeromus' Black Hole will dispel them. Having Rydia cast Bahamut might not be the best idea since it will often make Zeromus counter with Flare or Bio. Have her use something like Ashura instead. Edge should throw weapons and then attack, and Cecil can either attack or do some emergency healing with spells or items.

boys from the dwarf
09-19-2006, 09:13 PM
well, i won. rydia was on level 55 and everyone else was above level 55. i just used cure 4, flare, throw, attack and jump and it went quite smoothly.

Evastio
09-19-2006, 11:27 PM
Congratulations!! :D You finished FF4!

Of course if you're playing the GBA Version you're nowhere close to finished.

Zeromus_X
09-20-2006, 12:08 AM
I believe he was using the Chronicles version.

Well, it has 'Cure 4' in it, so it isn't the GBA.

Congratulations! :) :cat:

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2006, 07:02 AM
im tempted to play the GBA version but ill probably do that a lot later.

Crossblades
09-20-2006, 02:43 PM
im tempted to play the GBA version but ill probably do that a lot later.

Play it for the Lunar Ruins:)

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2006, 04:54 PM
tell me. what is the point of the lunar ruins? its just a ton of side ultra-bosses. is it worth it? i think at some point ill get FF4 advanced.

Sefie1999AD
09-20-2006, 05:54 PM
Congratulations for beating FFIV! "A ton of side ultra-bosses", yeah, that's what the Lunar Ruins mostly are, I guess. However, think about all the US FFX fans who are angry about not getting to fight the Dark Aeons (I found the Dark Aeons more a nuisance than a welcome addition since they block your way to loads of places, but meh). If you want to do some side quests in FFIV and fight some more optional bosses, I guess FFIVA is a good choice for you.

Evastio
09-21-2006, 12:23 AM
It's worth it because you can switch around your team. :D

Sefie1999AD
09-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Changing party members can be fun, but I still used the original party when I went through the final dungeon for the first time. The changes usually don't change the main structure (3 fighters, 2 mages) of the party: replacing Rydia and Rosa with Palom and Porom, or replacing Kain and Edge with Yang and Cid.

Evastio
09-21-2006, 11:29 PM
Changing party members can be fun, but I still used the original party when I went through the final dungeon for the first time. The changes usually don't change the main structure (3 fighters, 2 mages) of the party: replacing Rydia and Rosa with Palom and Porom, or replacing Kain and Edge with Yang and Cid.
Me too.

I didn't even touch that 8-Floor Bonus Dungeon until after I defeated FFIV Advance for the first time.