09-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Are the Dark Aeons soppousd to be so hard Iv'e already
beat dark anima and dark valefor but only with yojimbo's zanmato
(he is the best summon when you grand summon him and give
him 200,000 (Or more) gill) :evilking:

tailz
09-17-2006, 05:29 PM
yes they are truly hard

I suggest not to use any more zanmato because its pretty lame.

using it on random encounters is awesome though, but bos fights, like the dark aeons are supposed to be challenging, forcing you to think.

No.78
09-17-2006, 06:16 PM
If you use zanmato on the dark aeons it's not really an accomplishment, nor is it a measure of the dark aeons "crappiness".

Yes they are hard, but not when you use zanmato! I've beaten valefor ifrit and ixion without zanmato, currently trying to shiva (stupid bitch and her impulsive overdrive). ....Yeah... I admit, I am using this post as an excuset to state I can finally kill dark aeons. Probly dont think it's that great, but it is to me XD

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-17-2006, 06:19 PM
yeh i avoid using zanmato altogether. i enjoy the challenging fights its wot makes the game fun. zanmato is cheatin imo (although it isn't really but yeh, it is!?)

No.78
09-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Yep! Yojimbo is a money whoring bastard anyway lol

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Using Zanmato is not cheating but it´s the easy way out.

The first time i faced a dark aeon i got completely knocked down...so i trained all of my characters the best i could and now...all the dark aeons have been destroyed more than once and i am their slayer.

Shin Gouken
09-17-2006, 10:08 PM
i only found bahamut and the magus sisters to be challenging

No.78
09-18-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm finding shiva hard, her overdrives are too unpredictable... And the turn thingy on the right is LYING. Shiva has one turn, then Lulu, then shiva... UMMM no actually it's more like this,
"KICK, auto phoenix, KICK, auto phoenix, KICK, auto phoenix" etc

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-18-2006, 06:43 PM
it should be noted that the move she does wen a block of ice falls on you (can't remember the name) causes delay (if ur char survives!?)

CodeVeroby
09-19-2006, 05:22 AM
and what was your power and health at the time ?

Khaotic
09-19-2006, 05:26 AM
Zanmato = gilbuying(ffxi wise)

Be glad you can even FACE dark aeons, us americans don't get that bonus, unless we mod our PS2's.

CodeVeroby
09-19-2006, 11:20 AM

Be glad you can even FACE dark aeons, us americans don't get that bonus, unless we mod our PS2's.

im not japanese you can just change the languge from the options :rolleyes2

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-19-2006, 12:33 PM
wen i fought dark shiva all my stats were at 255 (inc. luck) for tidus wakka and yuna (i only used these 3 for blitz ace, attack reels and oblivion) but that was probably unnecessary. if ur in the 200's u mite be able to do it . . . maybe (luck around 100)

CodeVeroby
09-19-2006, 01:46 PM
I only have 88-98 with tidus and auron and 86 Magick with yuna !!

how the hack are you suppousd to have that much power ??

No.78
09-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Awww, guess its back to omega ruins for me :(

Khaotic
09-20-2006, 07:27 AM

im not japanese you can just change the languge from the options :rolleyes2

huh?

No.78
09-20-2006, 10:20 AM
yeah that makes no sense whatsoever

CodeVeroby
09-20-2006, 10:35 AM

In the international version you can change the Whole subtitles ,battle ,field masages to english
you just need to keep playing until you reach baaj tample in the beggining you just need to press triangale and choose config (the second one from the bottom I think) and choose one of the middle
ones and there you go you have everything in english :D

Khaotic
10-13-2006, 12:04 AM

In the international version you can change the Whole subtitles ,battle ,field masages to english
you just need to keep playing until you reach baaj tample in the beggining you just need to press triangale and choose config (the second one from the bottom I think) and choose one of the middle
ones and there you go you have everything in english :D

Who said anything about language? This was a discussion about Dark Aeons, which isn't in the American release.

James16
10-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Arent the Dark Aeons when your at the end of the game and youre fighting that possesing bug thingy??(sorry if thats a spoiler :( )

Levian
10-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Yep, they're optional bosses near the end of the game in the International Version.

James16
10-13-2006, 03:51 PM
They were pretty easy for me. I got everyones 'special' weapons an got em all maxium powerd and i kicked there asses along with Jecht :D

tailz
10-13-2006, 04:05 PM
wen i fought dark shiva all my stats were at 255 (inc. luck) for tidus wakka and yuna (i only used these 3 for blitz ace, attack reels and oblivion) but that was probably unnecessary. if ur in the 200's u mite be able to do it . . . maybe (luck around 100)

not neceseray i have beaten all dark aeons ( except anima and bahaumt)

with tidus.

20000 hp
255 str/def/mag def/ eva/acu/ag
44 luck

wakka

20000 hp

same as tidus

18 luck

and yuna a little lower then both.

the only thing you truly need is endurance and good ecuipment.

i just beat the magus sisters today and they were the hardest up till now. even seperated they can be extremely anoying.

sandy- stone attack.
mindy- monstrous evasion ( i could only hit her with overdrives.)
cindy - easy

they are really tough when facing all three together.

i think ill try anima next but he also has this bitch as high evasion.

They were pretty easy for me. I got everyones 'special' weapons an got em all maxium powerd and i kicked there asses along with Jecht :D

uhm now those are not the dark aeons. they are your own possesed by yu-yevon. the dark aeons can be found (in the international version)

valefor-besaid village (entrance)
ifrit- revisit al bhed home
ixion - northern thunder plains.
shiva - macalania temple
bahamut - zanarkand dome (shudders (hes tough) can be found where you beat yunalesca)
yojimbo - cave of the stolen faith
anima - redo puzle on gagazet and go to the entrance.
magus sisters - mushroom rock

James16
10-13-2006, 04:16 PM
so if you go to those places Ill be able to find them in the International version????

Cause ive been to some of those places and didnt see or find jack....

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
10-13-2006, 04:33 PM
some of them u actually have to serach for and some are just sprung on you. valefor, shiva, and magus sisters are sprung onu by surpise. the rest u hav to do something. with ifrit, go to al bhed home. with ixion, talk to the guy in the north, for bahamut go to yunalesca's room, for yojimbo go rite to the back of the cave (with the warp if u like) then take the path back to the enrance. and for anima u hav to do the trial where wakka throws the ball at the spinning orb again then go to gagazet gate and "talk" to anima

James16
10-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Allright bet that, ill check it out later today.. apperciate it.:)