09-17-2006, 06:27 PM
And who says we hate him?

cloud21zidane16
09-17-2006, 06:28 PM
i dont hate him i think his a good fighter

boys from the dwarf
09-17-2006, 06:50 PM

oh great. not another one of those "why does everyone hate" threads. you'll find that with a lot of things people see 2 or 3 people saying they dont like him and start one of these and then find that nearly everyone likes him. hes a good character and has some very useful in battle abilties. i would have found the game a bit tougher if it wasn't for his aura ability.

Bolivar
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
yeah he has alot of useful abilities, Chakra was great, aura too. He was a real tough fighter, i don't think he deserves any hate.

but alot of people hate on this game for no good reason. it's one of the best FF's.

the_sandman
09-18-2006, 01:34 AM
i thought amarant was pretty cool. when i first saw him..i was like "damn thats badass"...plus he was the second strongest for me after steiner.

RiseToFall
09-18-2006, 03:47 AM
Hate is such a stong word, perhaps next time you would consider using dislike or something. And no I don't dislike Amarant, I thought he was a well rounded character, and a pretty good fighter.

boys from the dwarf
09-18-2006, 07:29 AM
amarant and freya are good support characters and are both good fighters. theres nothing really to hate about amarant.

UltimaMasamune
09-18-2006, 10:20 AM

oh great. not another one of those "why does everyone hate" threads. you'll find that with a lot of things people see 2 or 3 people saying they dont like him and start one of these and then find that nearly everyone likes him. hes a good character and has some very useful in battle abilties. i would have found the game a bit tougher if it wasn't for his aura ability.

alot of people on OTHER forums say that he doesn't add anything to the story and he sucks in battle

Christmas
09-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Maybe you should ask those people from OTHER forums. :bigsmile:

aerithsloveslave
09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Amarant was a cool character even though he came later in the game and didn't add much to the story, IMO. Still, he was the one character that would tell that brat Eiko to shut up.

Armisael
09-18-2006, 02:22 PM
Well, i guess some people like him and some don't!
He's not my favorite one, but he is not that bad either!

Twilight Edge
09-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Amarant is one of my best fighters+supporters during the final battles.Spammage of No Mercy+Revive+Chakra combos is so easy when fighting Necron.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-18-2006, 03:50 PM

Thatīs a fact...

Twilight Edge
09-18-2006, 04:17 PM

Thatīs a fact...

It's a fact too good to be true.Man,hatred rox my sox.:D

_yeojina_
09-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Amarant can heal your party, do an amazing amount of damage, and can even shut Eiko up.

Clord
09-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Good in battle.

farplaner
09-19-2006, 05:42 AM
Amarant's cool with me; he loaned me fifty bucks one time, and he never even bugged me about it until I payed him back.

*Leaves to make "Why does everyone hate the Innkeeper at Lindblum?" thread.

My_car_is_faster_than_you
09-19-2006, 08:25 AM
I'd say cause he looks like a rooster at first, at least that's what my buddy said. I don't know why they don't like him. He's my 2nd best fighter.

vorpal blade
09-19-2006, 09:56 AM
Something about him reminds me of Cowboy Bebop. I don't know why. True, he adds nothing to the story. Nothing but badassedness, anyway.

Kryton87
09-19-2006, 10:30 AM
I always thought of him as Armorall....

When I saw him on the cover, I was all like, Awesome! That guy looks Cool!
Then I played the game, and found out that he may as well not exist in terms of the story, and I was seriously dissapointed.

He would be cool if he was like a Shadow kind of character. He's there sometimes, and not others, and you never know if he's just gonna wander off... that was cool. Then later you just get to keep him.

He most certainly would fit that role, but as it is, he's not nearly unpredictable enough. If his hatred of Zidane had escalated into anything constructive in terms of story, like if there was a sidequest or two centered around him, or even something in the main story, then he'd be far better placed. But As he is, I don't think he really belongs.

This is also how I feel about most of the characters in FF7. But thats a rant for another time.

aquatius
09-19-2006, 05:01 PM
I didn't like him because I seriously thought he was a wolf-man untill I found out otherwise, his hair (giant blob) was misleading.

Master Vivi
10-02-2006, 05:11 PM
I didn't like him because I seriously thought he was a wolf-man untill I found out otherwise, his hair (giant blob) was misleading.

well werent you wrong.

amarant is cool. and hes a beast.

aquatius
10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
After playing FF9 recently my hate has grown. He joins your party when I REALLY didn't want him to, he has green skin, weird hair, terrible posture, is to weak, kinda useless skills, get his ass kicked by Zidane and and like an a**hole to the party, which I hate.

Laddy
10-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Amarant was pretty story lacking, but like I said in the what quina is forum, if they made a remake, Amarant would be more developed and more likeable. Anyway, I though Amarant was ok, sure he's badass, he's also a cool character, but he needs a background story...Also, he's a coral, his head is made of coral dreadlocks. THAT'S WHERE BOB MARLEY IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoKuS
10-08-2006, 06:50 PM
He's alright. Quina > Amarant

Senel Coolidge
10-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Now what is this in all of the sudden?

Amarant is one of the greatest fighters like Zell & Tifa.

And anyone who hate him shall not play FF9 ever.

That`s all I can say.:eep:

Ashley Schovitz
10-08-2006, 10:30 PM
It's not that people don't like him which I never see anyone say they do, he just goes unnoticed because he's a loner and doesn't have much of a pass as all the other characters, oh and he was also the last to join the party too.

Vivisteiner
10-09-2006, 10:03 PM
I think Amarant is pretty cool. Hes an interesting characters and has some funny scenes with Eiko eg. treno...well at least I found them funny.

As a fighter, hes pretty strong and versatile making him a good alrounder.

Eminem's_No.1_Fan
10-09-2006, 10:13 PM
coz he's a ginger kid and :

ginger kids have NO SOUL

rubah
10-09-2006, 10:14 PM
the worst thing about amarant was that to learn all of his abilities, by the time you got him, you had a ton of weak claw-weapons that he had to remain equipped with, hampering his usefulness.

I loved him though. I think I used him more for healing in the last parts of the game than eiko or garnet.

Crossblades
10-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Amarant is awesome. He's one of my favorite characters.

IsntFFIXGrand
10-14-2006, 12:02 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/avatars/0/1/beatrix.jpg I thought Amarant was pretty cool. He can do a lotta damage and has a versatile selection of skills, which was useful in that one place where you couldn't use magic, was it Oelivert or Desert Palace?

http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/avatars/0/1/beatrix.jpg The only people I thought that were better than Amarant was Zidane and Beatrix.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/user/avatar/avatar4668_30.gif Don't post twice or more in a row, use the edit button in the lower right corner of your post to edit your post if you want to add something. Also, this is not a chatroom, don't expect immediate responses. :ty: ~Levian

raknarock
10-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Amarant is a good fighter and cool ,i don't say i hate him!

Breine
10-29-2006, 03:20 PM
The first time I played through the game I didn't care for him... at all. I don't know exactly what it was that turned me away from him, but now I really like him. During my last time playing it I discovered that he was actually very good in battle - he has some awesome abilities and he's quite strong. To hell with the fact that he's not a very likeable character. He's cool ad rocks in battle.

~SapphireStar~
10-29-2006, 04:53 PM
I dont hate him. I actually found him sexy ^^

Cruise Control
10-29-2006, 07:14 PM
It's because he contributes nothing to the party except constant negativity, and pessimism.

Quindiana Jones
10-29-2006, 07:24 PM
I love the guy. One of my fave characters.

farplaner
10-30-2006, 01:49 AM
It's because he contributes nothing to the party except constant negativity, and pessimism.

As the game progresses he slowly warms up, though. But, as for the rest of the time, I think his pessimism, etc., is a very good reason to include him.

The real world isn't made up of nothing but happy-go-lucky people (and thank the Lord for that!), and if a game is to maintain realism, it should imulate the good and the bad parts of human nature.

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 03:34 AM
Well Armrant wasn't the greatest character in the game, he was okay imo, most of the time, sometimes he said things that make you go "What?"

Zeromus_X
10-30-2006, 03:36 AM
He was kinda wierd, but I didn't hate him. I don't really get what's up with him though.

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 03:38 AM
A Cloud ripoff? I never understood Cloud...or Squall for that matter.

Zeromus_X
10-30-2006, 03:40 AM
They actually had personal issues that made them introverted. Salamander was just wierd.

Cookie
10-31-2006, 12:29 PM
He was OK, would of rather had Lani though.... :D

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
10-31-2006, 05:18 PM
I thought Amarant was a pretty good fighter and a character. so, why hate the guy?:p

VengefulRonin
11-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Alot of people hated Amarant? o_O I've never met anyone who did...dont know why people would hate him, i found the guy awesome. He was pretty tough once you leveled him a little and got him some good claws, and that Throw skill of his was really useful. I always found it weird that you could rarely see his face though, it was like it was squished between his goatee and huge hair

Bart's Friend Milhouse
11-14-2006, 11:59 AM
I liked Amarant very much, Dagger, Vivi and Steiner got on my nerves

Zidane Ultimate
11-14-2006, 03:07 PM
This is the first time I've heard anyone disliking Amarant, he's pretty cool looking, I don't ever use him in battle though.

XandrewX
11-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Totally...all my friends says they like amarant...including me he's a strong character to me and yet useful in a way means he's capable of many things :)

Darth Cid
11-15-2006, 01:15 AM
He's alright in battle, I look for what a character brings to a story, and he didn't bring much imho.

Omni-Odin
11-20-2006, 08:35 PM
Very true. He just didn't have that much story.

Nerevarine
11-20-2006, 09:22 PM
Next to Freja, He was probably my favorite character

aquatius
11-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Amarant was, to me, the useless extra character who you got late in the game and took too much effort to add him in. He was a stupid cliche character and is ugly and weird.

Shadow Masamune
11-20-2006, 09:59 PM
It does take forever to do the abilities that you have been teaching all your characters all game. But he is strong and reminds me of the Vincient-like character of the game then again I haven't been playing with him too long.

Why did they have to take away Beatrix so soon? Holy /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif that girl kicked SOOOOO MUCH ASS! She was like Rune from Phantasy Star IV (if any of y'all played, he had so such magic points that you could go out and to a spell that kills enemies 15 times before his magic pwr ran out).

XxSephirothxX
11-20-2006, 10:18 PM
I thought Amarant was just kinda tacked on; just thrown in for one more character. He didn't get a whole lot of development. I didn't have a problem with him, though; for what little time he got, he was interesting.

Holy Lancer
11-20-2006, 10:58 PM
I didn't hate him but I didn't use him much. I stuck with Zidane, Dagger (or Vivi), Freya, and Steiner.