PDA

View Full Version : Buhagen's Replacement...

Goldenboko
09-17-2006, 10:57 PM
This thread is based off my Ragtimer Came To Town, and SeeD Test threads.

Rules
It does use a point system but to prevent another SeeD test from happening (18 pages in 1 day) precautionary rules have been made. Questions can only be asked every 10 minutes. You have 10 minutes to respond to a question after the first person gives an answer. More then 1 person can get an answer correct. All answers must be in spoiler tags. No more then 20 questions a day (probably won't even have that many). Questions will be longer and harder then in SeeD test. A point total will be above each question that is the number of points the question is worth. If you correct me or prove me wrong, bonus points!

First question!
3 point question!
Answer the following questions (partial credit may be given)
True or False
The are no times in the game were a Chocobo is absolutely neccassary.
KoTR can be received without a Gold Chocobo.

How do you make a Golden Chocobo?

Alright all you FFVII fans think you can be Buhagen's Replacement?

Xurts
09-17-2006, 11:08 PM
1) True
2) True
3) Breed a Wonderful chocobo and a Black chocobo with a Zeio Nut

TheSpoonyBard
09-17-2006, 11:09 PM
False.

KoTR can be received without a Gold Chocobo.
True.

How do you make a Golden Chocobo?
Great + Great + Carob Nut + combined total of 4 or more race wins = 50% Green, 50% Blue
Green + Blue + Carob Nut + combined total of 9 or more race wins = 100% Black
Black + Wonderful + Zeio Nut + combined total of 12 or more race wins = 100% Gold

Are you allowing discussion about ambiguous answers?

Goldenboko
09-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Are you allowing discussion about ambiguous answers?

What do you mean?

TheSpoonyBard
09-17-2006, 11:17 PM
If you say an answer is right or wrong, and someone disagrees with you, should they discuss it here or via PMs?

Goldenboko
09-17-2006, 11:20 PM
If you say an answer is right or wrong, and someone disagrees with you, should they discuss it here or via PMs?

Well I guess it should be done here because other people may have the same answer as me...

Questions like this are appprecaited, I just don't want like "How do you get KoTR anyway and where do you get the nuts" Because then the posts have nothing to do with the topic...

Well thats the end of the 10 min.

Score...

Xhurts 3 points
Endless 2.

1. Xhurts____________3
2. Endless.___________2

Explanations
You don't need a Chocobo if you are a level whore you can level up run through beat him as many times necassary and get to the other side. (I've done it)
KoTR can be gotten from mastering KoTR, and from defeating Emerald Weapon, and geting the Master Materias.
And as for the Chocobos

Great + Great + Carob Nut + combined total of 4 or more race wins = 50% Green, 50% Blue
Green + Blue + Carob Nut + combined total of 9 or more race wins = 100% Black
Black + Wonderful + Zeio Nut + combined total of 12 or more race wins = 100% Gold

I've decided a new rule there are rounds, every ten questions a winner is proclaimed.

Next question
Point Worth
True or False section= 1 point
Question= 2 points
True or False
KoTR is guranteed to do 9,999 per hit during NORMAL conditions.
Ditto question above only replace KoTR with Ominslash.
Question
How much HP does Yuffie have at level 1?

Xurts
09-17-2006, 11:41 PM
1) False
2) False
3) lol, no idea.

TheSpoonyBard
09-17-2006, 11:46 PM
You don't need a Chocobo if you are a level whore you can level up run through beat him as many times necassary and get to the other side. (I've done it)
A chocobo is required to escape the Desert Prison.

KoTR can be gotten from mastering KoTR, and from defeating Emerald Weapon, and geting the Master Materias.
It's also possible to land on Round Island from the Highwind and get the materia, but it's impossible to leave afterwards.

1. False.
2. False.
3. 100.

Goldenboko
09-17-2006, 11:58 PM
A chocobo is required to escape the Desert Prison.

It's also possible to land on Round Island from the Highwind and get the materia, but it's impossible to leave afterwards.

1. False.
2. False.
3. 100.
I see what your getting at but you don't really need a Chocobo, its tricky, the Chocobo is provided you don't actually need to get one for anything at any time main storyline related.

1. Xhurts____________5
2. Endless.___________4

Answers:
I'm pretty sure a level 1 Yuffie has 10 HP (watch the beginning of this movie) http://youtube.com/watch?v=QJWPI5Ticwc
And you are both right 9,999 is not gurenteed.

Question 3!
True or False= 1 point
Question= 2 points
True or False
The Black Chocobo raser (the guy that wheres the mexican hat) is ALWAYS faster then you.
Name the people you can get in a date with in The Gold Saucer and 1 thing that can make you go on a date with them.

TheSpoonyBard
09-18-2006, 12:11 AM
A chocobo is absolutely necessary to escape from the Desert Prison. You didn't specify it had to be one you owned or caught yourself.

I'm pretty sure a level 1 Yuffie has 10 HP (watch the beginning of this movie) http://youtube.com/watch?v=QJWPI5Ticwc
HP reductions from the summon materia? And how was she able to cast KotR with 10 MP? Unless you own the Japanese version and can confirm this for yourself, I'd be more inclined to believe Terence's Party Mechanics Guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_vii_party_mech.txt) which has data from the game's code pertaining to the initial stats of the characters.

1. True.
2. Aerith: Push the right barrels in the Church.
Tifa: Give Tifa the flower.
Barret: Give Marlene the flower.
Yuffie: Answer her questions correctly after defeating her in battle.

Goldenboko
09-18-2006, 12:40 AM
*Smacks self on head*
Hp reduction of course!
Oh and the Summoning KoTR, use KoTR says it won't work because of MP, then use Mime.

I'll give you the points for the Chocobo one (I guess it was abit too broad of a question)

1. Endless.___________9
2. Xhurts____________5

Question 4!
3 point question.
After defeating Yuffie, name everything you cannot do or she will steal your stuff.

New Rule- I think I'll change the 10 min thing, the question is officially over when I give out the answer which can be no sooner then 10 min. Unless you have a question about the validity of the answer.

TheSpoonyBard
09-18-2006, 12:48 AM
Answer her questions incorrectly.
Access the menu (includes the save point).
Enter her name in the character name screen.
I can't remember any others...

Goldenboko
09-18-2006, 09:40 PM
You don't remember any more because you got them all.

1. Endless.___________11
2. Xhurts____________5

Question 5!
3 point question:
How many enemies must be killed with the death penalty to activate the Death Penalty Trick?
(After this round I'm lowwering point worths)

TheSpoonyBard
09-18-2006, 09:42 PM
65,535, but none have to be killed with the DP. You can use any of Vincent's weapons, magic, summons, or damage-dealing items. Exceptions are Odin's Steel Bladed Sword, residual Poison damage, Manipulating an enemy so it kills itself, and Death Sentence.

Goldenboko
09-18-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm gonna wait on this one I'd like more people to participate. So this question will continue to stand for a while.

bipper
09-18-2006, 10:02 PM
YOU NEED A CHOCOBO WHEN YOU DO CHOCOBO RACING!?