PDA

View Full Version : Internet shopping

starseeker
09-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Does anyone know any ways to buy stuff on the internet if you're under 18 (no debit or credit card)? I'm 16 and want to buy stuff on the internet without having to ask my parents.

rubah
09-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Well. No.

If you had a credit or a debit card or a checking account, you'd be set. But nearly no place takes cash because it is so dangerous to use. Although you might be able to use money orders, but that's iffy, and i"m not sure if you'd even be able to get them or not.

If it's a place that has an offline base, buy gift cards and use them. But that's probably not what you're looking for.

You could find someone else who has a credit card and work out a deal with them I guess.

bipper
09-18-2006, 07:56 PM
In teh America you can get checking account with parental permission.

You can buy VISA gift cards though, which work just like a debit card and gift card hybrid should.

bipper

Madame Adequate
09-18-2006, 10:00 PM
I don't use it, so I don't know for sure, but PayPal might be able to help, I think?

starseeker
09-18-2006, 10:36 PM
I don't use it, so I don't know for sure, but PayPal might be able to help, I think?

I checked, you have to be 18 to use PayPal.
I could use my parents' credit cards but it's a tad annoying having to explain what I want to get.

rubah
09-18-2006, 11:00 PM
What *do* you want to get? :p

ShunNakamura
09-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Money orders have always worked fine for me whenever I have purchased online. I absolutely loath credit/debit/whatever cards so I just money order it.

bipper
09-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I have no clue where you are from, but like I said
VISA giftcards will work perfectly for you! I will just post the American how-to:
http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/gift_card_how.html

starseeker
09-19-2006, 04:51 PM
I have no clue where you are from, but like I said
VISA giftcards will work perfectly for you! I will just post the American how-to:
http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prepaid/gift_card_how.html

I live in Britain.

bipper
09-20-2006, 03:39 PM
oh ~ I don't think that prevents you from ordering one at all. Just get like a hundred dollar giftcard and go nutts. (with the card... don't like shoot people up or anything.)