PDA

View Full Version : Original classes

Ivankopec
09-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I was bored with ffI so I was thinking of some cool things to add to the game. Well, I didn't come up with anything spectacular, but I did come up with a new class:eek:. A bard. So I took with a red mage and only gave him buff/debuff magic, then I had a bard (I told you it wasn't anything spectacular:rolleyes2). I was also wondering what some other makeshift-classes there could be. Ideas? Questions? Concerns?

Ender
09-18-2006, 08:52 PM
IMO your bard should take advantage of some status-inflicting magic like SLEP/SLP2 and CONF.

There are all kinds of things you could do by restricting the spells you learn for a particular character.

Warlock or Battle Mage = red mage with only damage/status-inflicting black magic
Doctor = white mage with only CURE(1,2,3,4), HEAL(1,2,3), PURE, SOFT, and LIFE(1,2)
Fire Mage/Ice Mage/Bolt Mage = self explanatory

Likewise by limiting yourself to certain weapons and armor you can create some melee classes:

Viking/Berserker = Fighter/Knight using Axes (and non-metal armor?), does not use magic

Here's a combined option:

Cavalier = Red Mage using only swords and non-metal armor (bracelets are acceptable), limited to magic that improves defense/avoidance or offensive chance to hit..

Sefie1999AD
09-18-2006, 10:58 PM
Here's a few classes:

Dark Knight = Knight, but with the same black magic as Ninja instead of having white magic.

Ninja Red Mage (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=92899) = Ninja + Red Wizard. Can use weapons, armor and spells of both classes.

Sage = White Wizard, but able to use all the spells a Black Wizard can in addition to the white magic spells.

Fireblade13
09-19-2006, 08:26 PM
FF1 is fine as it is

abrojtm
09-19-2006, 09:18 PM
I used FFHackster to completely overhaul the game one time--I added Blue Mages (->Blue Wizard) and Ghosts (->Renevant) as new classes.

Sunny Day Suicide
09-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Ninja Red Mage (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=92899) = Ninja + Red Wizard. Can use weapons, armor and spells of both classes.

Awesome!

Sefie1999AD
09-19-2006, 09:44 PM

Awesome!

Thanks. Can you think of any ways to create the Pirate Red Mage class, or a Pirate Ninja class? :D

Captain Maxx Power
09-19-2006, 10:06 PM
Thanks. Can you think of any ways to create the Pirate Red Mage class, or a Pirate Ninja class? :D

I do be advising against making a Pirate Red Mage. When ye first step out of town, ye be winning the game faster than it takes a bottle 'o rum to be drunk on a vessel with twenty thirsty men strong and true by default. That be how awesome Pirate Red Mages are.

DJZen
09-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Twenty? You're joking. A REAL pirate can chug a bottle of rum in under a minute. In fact, it would take twenty pirates longer to drink that much rum because of the amount of bottle passing involved. Pirates = win.

Captain Maxx Power
09-19-2006, 11:02 PM
Twenty? You're joking. A REAL pirate can chug a bottle of rum in under a minute. In fact, it would take twenty pirates longer to drink that much rum because of the amount of bottle passing involved. Pirates = win.

Nar it be quicker. The fastest Pirate be taking the rum, then quickly swigging it before the rest of his traitorous crew men can be stealing said rum.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 12:23 AM
i would take the white mage/wiz without the ability to cast spells and take away his use of any weapons aside from knives and call him a villager

Sunny Day Suicide
09-20-2006, 01:24 AM
Pirates are dumb. What can they do? Stick to Ninjas, seph.

DJZen
09-20-2006, 02:26 AM
Pirates can go on plunderous/murderous rampages, not get caught, and steal lots and lots of money before retiring. I'm sorry, what can ninjas do again?

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2006, 07:01 AM
ninjas can be sneeaky and stealthy and steal things as well as throw shurikens and wield mulitple katanas. they often have special ninja magic as well. although i think ninjas would win, pirate red mages are awesomesauce, after all whos ever heard of a ninja red mage?

DJZen
09-20-2006, 09:35 AM
So ninjas can tiptoe around like girls, throw shiney things like girls, and use smoke bombs.

Pirates shoot you in the face. EoT

Crossblades
09-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Here's a few classes:

Dark Knight = Knight, but with the same black magic as Ninja instead of having white magic.

I really like this one:)

Sefie1999AD
09-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Pirates are dumb. What can they do? Stick to Ninjas, seph.

Well, imagine Bikke with a Red Mage's skills. Wouldn't that be quite cool? Ordinary pirates are the weakest enemies in the game, though, having only 6 HP and not doing much damage at all.

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2006, 09:34 PM
yeah. ninjas are more powerful but pirate red mages are awesomesauce.

Tainted Angel
10-19-2006, 02:32 PM
The Ghosthunter

Whitemage with Dia/2/3, debuffs, and nothing else.