PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Beat 'em up Series (And 2D vs 3D Fighters)

The Devil Man
09-18-2006, 07:54 PM
I was curious. Alot of people here love beat 'em ups so I thought to combine a couple of Polls in one. (With the Poll, please choose 3 times (ie, once for 2D or 3D, once for 2D series of beat 'em ups, once for 3D series)

My first question: What kind of fighters do you like? Do you prefer 2D or 3D? I think I love 2D fighters more because I have fallen in love all over again with Street Fighter 3 and enjoy it very much. However, I also love Dead or Alive 4 a great deal and play every day for a few minutes. But 2D gets my vote as it is more intricate in my opinion.

Second question: If you have played many 2D Fighters, which is your favourite series of games? Mine would be the Guilty Gear series as it is very entertaining with beautiful backgrounds and character designs.

Third question: What is your favourite 3D beat 'em up series? I guess many will instantly say 'Tekken'. I'll be different and say Dead or Alive. I love it very much as it is just a gorgeous game. I'm not a fan of Virtua Fighter but I love Dead or Alive as it is great for a few minutes at a time.

What about you guys?

RiseToFall
09-18-2006, 08:22 PM
1. 2D all the way.

2. 3rd Strike or CvS 2

3. Don't play 3D fighters

Dreddz
09-18-2006, 08:35 PM
I prefer 2D over 3D. I can end up playing hours on end on a game like Street Fighter, while I wouldnt on say a fighter like Virtua Fighter.

My favourite 2D fighting series is probably Guilty Gear....at the moment. In the long run, I still prefer Street Fighter over Guilty Gear, but recent Street Fighter titles are washed up pots which although great, dont intrest me as much as a new numbered addition to the series. I may be a little biased as I got Guilty Gear Judgement recently, which has got me in an aura of Guilty Gear, seeing as Guilty Gear Judgement is definately my favourite game for the PSP.

My favourite 3D fighting series is probably Tekken. Rival Schools is a close second ( I demand that Rival Schools is on the list :mad2:). Although I do believe Tekken has had its time, and it'll never be as great as it was. I hold this opinion with most 3D fighters, Soul Caliber lost its spark in SC3, DOA stayed the same for too long and became boring and Bloody Roar, while making a comeback with the third installment, got horribly ruined in the forth game.

The only series I think that still has potential is Virtua Fighter, VF4 was great, and VF5 looks even better.