PDA

View Full Version : Noob Sayings

SigmaMan
09-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Don't now if we have this or not 'cuz im too lazy to look but decided on doin one,just share some noob storys(if it's either your newb moment or somebody elses) and share it.

Miriel
09-18-2006, 08:41 PM
One time in Valkurm, our party was getting horrible experience and our party leader (the n00b) suggested that we form an alliance to get bigger kills and better exp. xD

Mirage
09-18-2006, 10:13 PM
I was asked to tank as 20THF/WAR once.

Bahamut2000X
09-18-2006, 11:57 PM
Back in the good 'ole days before any of us knew how to really party, or about the dunes, we used to form alliances to take down Dhalmels in Tahrongi. Worked out decently well, but was all based off the RDM with Cure II (as we could never find a WHM) no camps, just roam. Was funner then most parties I have now a days to be honest.

omnislasher
09-19-2006, 03:06 AM
after a few weeks of playing the game, I was out in west ronfaure, killing some orcs for fire crystals, and I came across my first NM. Jaggedy-eared-jack. killed it, got the rabbit charm, and I dropped it because I needed more room for my crystals... god damn.:mad2:

Grand Lethal
09-19-2006, 03:41 AM
My favorite was the Warrior I told to use provoke in the dunes. He used it once and typed: "wtf that thing attacked me when I did that, why would you do that to me??" /sigh

Ouch!
09-19-2006, 03:41 AM
The WLA. 'Nuff said. Now all I need to do is get GL to post here. Excuse me for a moment.

Edit: I'm so good, it worked before I posted.

Edit: Now we just wait until Ome or lionx sees this...

Grand Lethal
09-19-2006, 03:44 AM
and the spam thread is reborn, already derailed to talking abuot the WLA!

-Red XIII-
09-19-2006, 03:47 AM
someone asked me "can I have 10000 gil? im new."........ nuff said...

SigmaMan
09-19-2006, 03:57 AM
might aswell add one,
Was outside of Windurst leveling my summoner and some random n00b comes up to me.

Me: *summons Carbuncle*
n00b: wut is that?
Me: H/o *finishes killing Yagudo and barely lives*
n00b: Ho???? im not a ho!1
Me: It means HOLD ON.
n00b: o wut is that blue squirrel?
Me: Its Carbuncle... And its not a squirrel...
n00b: its cool
Me: Yeah? I think its cute...
n00b: how hard is it?? i wanna kill it
Me: O___o You can't kill it... Its mine... My pet, if you may.
n00b: ooo i want one can i have it
Me: No... *dismisses Carby and procedes to run away*
Then the n00b went around stalking me, asking for help and gilz and stuff... *sigh*

-Red XIII-
09-19-2006, 03:59 AM
might aswell add one,
Was outside of Windurst leveling my summoner and some random n00b comes up to me.

Me: *summons Carbuncle*
n00b: wut is that?
Me: H/o *finishes killing Yagudo and barely lives*
n00b: Ho???? im not a ho!1
Me: It means HOLD ON.
n00b: o wut is that blue squirrel?
Me: Its Carbuncle... And its not a squirrel...
n00b: its cool
Me: Yeah? I think its cute...
n00b: how hard is it?? i wanna kill it
Me: O___o You can't kill it... Its mine... My pet, if you may.
n00b: ooo i want one can i have it
Me: No... *dismisses Carby and procedes to run away*
Then the n00b went around stalking me, asking for help and gilz and stuff... *sigh*

XD!!! blue squirrl.... XD

Fuego
09-19-2006, 04:04 AM
I had a noob try to sell me a hair pin that was only worth 2k (at most on AH) for 20k in his bazzar. He needed the money for a peice of armor that was only 5k. I told him to quit buggin' me to buy that crappy hairpin because i would never use it ... I felt kinda bad but damn, when someone says no thanks that should be the end of it ... don't badger peeps to over pay for your junk.

SigmaMan
09-19-2006, 04:14 AM
ok,this ones just absurd and made me wana go watch operah,(the dunes)enjoy.

WHM: Guys, just a heads up I don't have an healing magic, I am going to melee.
Me: lol that's funny. I'll just main heal (playing along assuming its a
joke)
So, the fight starts and I notice the WAR isn't being healed.

Me: wtf dude? Cure him!
WHM: Dude I don't have any Cure magic I told you!

So I immediatly stop enfeebling, stop meleeing, start curing and the WAR barely lives.

Me: Seriously man, jokes over. We can replace you if you're not going to
heal!
WHM: I DON'T HAVE ANY CURE MAGIC!!!

Note: Three exclimation marks makes your point really re-enforced.

Me: Mind telling me why?
WHM: I'm Shadow Spec^^

I.... ; ;.......(throwing up)

Miriel
09-19-2006, 04:49 AM
This is more newbie than n00b, but I always see newbies in the starting towns asking how to move their characters. xD

Markus. D
09-19-2006, 02:34 PM
This is more newbie than n00b, but I always see newbies in the starting towns asking how to move their characters. xD

well, thats my story summed up in a matchbox *was one of those newbs*

No.78
09-19-2006, 03:55 PM
Me too. I had a laptop and didnt know how to open the main menu to change to compact mode lol... I worked out that the toggle button on the mouse opened it, so I win. But I swear it wasnt in the manual.

LOL, shadow spec?

I was invited to a dunes party ranging from 9 to 18 or so. Enough said there.

dodhungry
09-19-2006, 04:06 PM
OMG this is some great stuff so far.

here are some personal experiances with noobs.

Once I was walking through Valkurm Noobs with my mentor symbol as a MNK subing WAR and got a pm saying and I quote: Noob "Can you come give our party a raise?"

My next fav is a noob once asked me "How did you get that M&M symbol over your head? Dose it mean you like M&M's??"

:D I love Newbs...they make the world go round :D

Bahamut2000X
09-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Newbs are cool and funny. N00bs are sad and should jump off a cliff.

As being such I once had a level 50 n00b in my linkshell once. This guy was the epitome of n00b. We had many an argument about many things, which he promptly lost, when the entire LS said he was wrong.

For example the biggest example of this. Some of us were getting prepped for 5-1 Archlich fight in Fei'Yin. So our set up from the LS of who needed it was PLD, PLD, WHM, WHM. Slightly odd, but we figured we could make it work vs a bunch of undead. So we're strategizing about healing, and WHM DD, and tanking and all that. When we suddenly get his "Veteran player advice" He pretty much tells us we'll lose, and blah blah blah, we need this certain exact job setup, and then he said it "To get the record", of course I'm talking in tells with one of my LS mates about how stupid he is, when I accidently say in LS chat "Wow all his set up does is get the record, there's more then just getting the time.", after that he explodes, and we get into a huge argument over the fight and strategies. I even tell him one classic way to do it was use a BRD to sleep tank the undead much like the popular BC40 fight vs mandies. So what's his response? "Undead can't be slept n00b."

I sit there for a second pondering his stupidty as other LS mates are telling him he's wrong, especially seeing as I BRD pulled for about 6 hours or so the day before in the necropolis for G1 items. So after we promptly prove him wrong yet again, his response "Oh well they must of done a ninja update and changed it, cause it was never like it that before." >.<

Oh well guess you can't really beat someone in an argument online lest you can reach through the monitor and bach thier heads into thier key boards till they get some sense.

SigmaMan
09-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Oh well guess you can't really beat someone in an argument online lest you can reach through the monitor and bach thier heads into thier key boards till they get some sense.

I Completely Agree.

Rostum
09-21-2006, 02:11 AM
and the spam thread is reborn, already derailed to talking abuot the WLA!

I miss the WLA and all the random spammed threads. ,_,

...of course I'm talking in tells with one of my LS mates about how stupid he is, when I accidently say in LS chat...

Haha, I really hate it when I'm bitching about someone and I accidently say something where they can hear. XD

So what's his response? "Undead can't be slept n00b."

Well, I think he might be talking about the spell Sleep / Sleep II / Sleepaga / Sleepaga II. Those are dark based magicks, and Undead are dark based, right? I'm not sure if that's correct, but I think someone told me that. Of course BRD could sleep, unless their sleep songs are dark based, then it might be hard to stick, right?

Either way, he sounded like an idiot.

Lionx
09-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Undead is dark based, so sleep and soporific is ineffective, however lullaby and sheep's song is light, hence very effective.

The BRD uses Horde Lullaby!
Its Super Effective!
The undead fell asleep!

zzz zzz

@.@ *smacks everyone with a trout*

Germ Hamee
09-21-2006, 01:24 PM
"Sorry! Sorry! I kept hitting the Cure II that was set to [me]!"

Which was me tonight in the most embarassing wipe out I've ever been responsible for. Woe is me and my occasional noobish bouts!

No.78
09-21-2006, 02:45 PM
...of course I'm talking in tells with one of my LS mates about how stupid he is, when I accidently say in LS chat...

Haha, I really hate it when I'm bitching about someone and I accidently say something where they can hear. XD

lol I did that once

/say I think we've talked ONCE now she wants all these crystals from me.
Her: Hey thats not true!
Me: Oh crap, mt hehe >.>

Bahamut2000X
09-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Although in the discussion of sleep vs undead. I've heard it is possible to sleep em with dark based sleep spells. Just very very rare, and almost always is resisted. But then again I've only heard it's possible and never actually seen it.

But it's like Imps, have you seen a none BRD try and sleep em? Not very pretty for the time spent. >.> Took like 3 people with sleep spamming it to get it to stick on one imp. <.<

Fuego
09-22-2006, 04:10 AM
14 Blue/7 Whm and a 14 Blm/7 Whm main healing a party in Valkurm ....

Do i win the the car ? :lol: :shifty: :mwahaha:

Lionx
09-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Nothing wrong with that, in valkurm if you are smart anything works. I had PLD NIN THF BLM/WHM, and BLM subless work out and get like 4 lvls or so and yes it was a 5 man party.

Fuego
09-24-2006, 04:59 AM
Well i should have said ... blue/whm main healing . blm/whm nuking and throwing a cure every once and a while. we also had a rdm and they actually had cure II but wouldn't use it !

So i was the blue and trying to cast regular cures on people when they were being attacked for a little less than one cure was doin' (we were goin' after IT-IT's) so it was a disaster and nobody would listen to me when i tried to tell them something like "This isn't working! Grab that lvl 13 WHM ! WE NEED A HEALER ! So-N-So Is Die'n Almost Every Other Battle !"

Lionx
09-24-2006, 05:07 AM
I dont see the problem, unless the RDM was refusing to cast it when necessary, in valkrum you should avoid CureII unless needed.

If its doing about 1Cure dmg...you and the RDM should have done fine, i honestly dont see whats the problem.

Fuego
09-24-2006, 09:51 PM
Red mage refused to heal at all. minimal enfeeblin' at best but they were mainly just melee attackin'. I didn't mind havin' to main heal that wasn't the issue blm was doin' his best to help me out but when i ask'd the rdm to help (just back me up with a cure here or there) he said we were fine and he was good doin' what he was. but both myself and the blm would run out of mp toward the end of each battle and our war was playin' a crap shoot as to whether or not she would survive til the end. She and I left at the same time and took the blm to form another much better party in Korroloka Tunnel. :D :bigbiggri

Rocket Edge
09-25-2006, 12:15 AM
I was asked to Tank as a Taru-taru. :rolleyes2

Lionx
09-25-2006, 01:03 AM

Whats wrong with that if you are a tanking job? >>;

Fuego: Lol i get it now....valkurm rocks.

Del Murder
09-25-2006, 01:38 AM
Every rdm I've ever partied with in the dunes meleed and almost never cured. It got to the point where I just stopped inviting them.

Taru's make good tanks! Especially PLD! All that MP!

Yeargdribble
09-25-2006, 01:56 AM
As to the 5-1 thing... yup that guy was an idiot. Last time I did 5-1 we did it BRD/RDM, 2xWHM/NIN and won just fine ^^ Odd setups ftw. I have seen some pretty impressive sleeps against undeads (and bats) from RDMs. Although it's nothing near BRD's ability it can be done but I've only really seen it in endgame scenarios. We've got this one sick RDM in our Dynamis shell with his Enfeebling around 340 or some crazy number. He would always say not to expect his sleeps to land but he would land them about 80% of the time on things that are normally only BRD sleepable. Wish I could sleep Aerns with that kinda accuracy ; ;

As to Taru tanks... I actually prefer Taru PLDs because they can last forever. The only time I don't love taru tanks is when fighting something like Spiders (Sickle Slash) or even Dhalmels (Stomping or whatever). Hell, I'm a taru BRD and I tank gods and HNMs lol.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/Bune.jpg
Recent fun with Bune ^^

As for my own story. I was climbing Promyvion ... again (part of the pre-req for doing Apocolypse Nigh at the end of CoP). Some people joined us and were completely naked. When questioned they asked why they even needed gear... ... ...

Sad part is, one has 3 75s and the other has 5 75s. They are both horrible leeches with awful reputations and I'm not sure why they were even allowed to come.

Not so much a funny noob story as a rant. /shrug

dodhungry
09-25-2006, 04:16 AM
ha ha tonight in Valkurm noobs I was playing as drk sub rdm ( I keep blm lvl 4 for a reason)
anyway the lvl 14 War wanted me to be back up healer.....:p

I told him I will throw in a cure here or there but get another whm instead

Lionx
09-25-2006, 04:33 AM
Why are you subbing RDM? @@ The entire reason people sub RDM or WHM to DRK at low lvls is to backup cure(notice not main heal)...

dodhungry
09-25-2006, 05:10 AM
actually on carbuncle at lvls 10-20 it is quite common to see a drk sub rdm or whm....mainly for the mp boos (better if it was blm tho). Also if I am tanking I be be like a pally and heal myself then hit the mob with drain.

Plus I like rdm better than whm.....

Del Murder
09-25-2006, 05:14 AM
I once saw a RDM 30 with no subjob searching for a party in Kazaam. After I came back from my party hours later he was still standing in the exact same place with his flag up.

People always look at DRK and DRG as the jobs that attract the most immature people, but in my experience RDM has had the most underqualified people. At least to be a DRK or DRG you need to take another job to level 30, which means you at least know something about how to be effective in the game.

In another Kazaam party I was in we had a WAR who used sword and shield, both of which were around level 14-15 (along with the rest of his armor). To top it off he also used the Defender ability. When he wasn't missing he hit for 0-1 damage. WAR is probably the second worst played job I've seen. As soon as they pull out the sword I know it's going to be trouble.

Yeargdribble
09-25-2006, 05:26 AM
I think DRK/WHM is a good combination and if I had to level my DRK through the dunes again I would probably /WHM. The spells DRK gets are pretty pathetic at those levels (except maybe drain) and their MP is mostly wasted. Subbing WAR will give a very minimal damage boost at best and voke isn't something a DRK really needs to have.

All around I think WHM is a more party conscious and efficient subjob for DRK in the dunes. DRG would make a good choice from 20-30 for the Attack Bonus JT. Finally at 30, WAR and THF subs become more viable as you get good JTs (Berserk and SA). Either will make for a nice boost to some ridiculous spike damage to make your PTs healer hate you.

EDIT: I have to agree to some extent with Del about RDMs. At lower levels I still see a lot of melee obsessed RDMs wearing horrible gear that does nothing for their job. Of course you probably run into so many bad RDMs because there are so many of them. As I recall, they came in 1st by a decent margin in the last census.

I think one thing that really sets WAR off on the wrong path is that there are no level 1 Great Axes. WAR starts with a Sword and can't even equip a Great Axe until level 5. Newer players are just going to assume that sword is good and probably stick to it. I agree that when I see a WAR whip out a sword I know thing are gonna be bad.

Mirage
09-25-2006, 05:26 AM
Using Defender isn't bad when you're tanking though. It would have been ok if his gear wasn't gimped. I play war pretty good. :(

Del Murder
09-25-2006, 05:28 AM
It was bad because I am a Paladin.

Mirage
09-25-2006, 05:31 AM
Point taken...

Misfit
09-25-2006, 06:40 PM
ok,this ones just absurd and made me wana go watch operah,(the dunes)enjoy.

WHM: Guys, just a heads up I don't have an healing magic, I am going to melee.
Me: lol that's funny. I'll just main heal (playing along assuming its a
joke)
So, the fight starts and I notice the WAR isn't being healed.

Me: wtf dude? Cure him!
WHM: Dude I don't have any Cure magic I told you!

So I immediatly stop enfeebling, stop meleeing, start curing and the WAR barely lives.

Me: Seriously man, jokes over. We can replace you if you're not going to
heal!
WHM: I DON'T HAVE ANY CURE MAGIC!!!

Note: Three exclimation marks makes your point really re-enforced.

I.... ; ;.......(throwing up)
xD WoW ftw.
*runs away*

The only noob times I had in FFXI was when this character named "Eleni" started on my server. /sigh ^_^

WAR is probably the second worst played job I've seen.
I'll show YOU a bad played WAR! *flexes*

Miriel
09-25-2006, 06:57 PM
This one time, this awful n00b kept asking me "Are you alone?" What a freak!

Levian
09-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Yeah, and this other awful n00b logged into my account and sent 30 PM's with that question to members here.

Yes, this is totally related to FFXI. :shifty:

SigmaMan
09-26-2006, 03:50 AM
had just started the game on the PC. Out in N. Gustaberg leveling War to around 5 or 6 and this other player asked me if I wanted to do a BCNM.

me >> What is a BCNM
Other >> its a BCNM, you get lots of stuff to make gil
me >> Sure, what do we do?
Other >> We wait for a friend of mine and then we go to the BC and kill the beastmen
me >> Sounds like fun!!!

a few minutes later, his friend shows up, and we form the party, make a <simple> plan, and start to follow this leader.

We come to a campfire thing and there are 3 quadavs walking around it. The leader says we have to wait till the fire lights up to get good drops. We wait, and finally it starts and we proceed to massacure the lowly Quadavs. I think we got some kind of equip or some crap.

Leader >> hope that we get some good gil off of this, I will sell the items and look you up to give you some of the gil.
me >> sounds good, I need it to buy new equipment.

So that is the story of my first BCNM fight.

<---- nOOb

Ouch!
09-26-2006, 03:55 AM
That's the greatest newb story.

Ever.

dodhungry
09-26-2006, 04:43 PM
that is just awsome :p

theundeadhero
09-26-2006, 04:49 PM
You sure kicked the crap outta those BCNM monsters.

Yeargdribble
09-26-2006, 09:06 PM
So a join a PT on my BLU. We've got a RDM/THF who we later find out doesn't have Dispel. WHM doesn't have Erase. PLD is only wearing a handful of pieces of gear. It was the first time for all 3 of them in CN. WHM didn't buy the spell reraise because she saw no need. We wiped several times and had to be raised by a near-by PT.

During out downtime the WHM kept giving the PLD tips about how to play jobs. "PLD get's raise at 50 but that doesn't really make them special. Every job should have raise at 50. At 50 it's a good idea to sub WHM and wear MP gear for melee jobs."

Please kill me.

Eventually, after a wipe the WHM just HP'd and so did the RDM. The went to do the DRG flag quest and didn't even drop the PT. They just talked to each other about what they had to do and told the PT better luck next time. So there were 4 of us lying dead in CN while these two morons did the DRG flag quest. Eventually raises came.

No.78
09-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Wow, yeargdribble, I admire the fact you stayed with them for that long. Seriously... I would've left, so fast.

K, so I'm in sea serpent grotto doin stuff (level 47) with my flag up just incase. So I get,

someone: pt?
Someone invites you to their party.

So I just, accept to see.

Me: Umm... You're level 27.

*disbands*

Next, day:

Someoneelse invites you to their party
Me: O.o
*accepts*
Me: Wtf you're level 30
*an hour later*
Someonelese: [foreign words]
Me: (| I don't understand. |) (| Run away! |) (| Please. |)

So umm yeah, not that funny really. But, the fact I got invites from people just over HALF my level twice is a bit odd. People are insane. How the hell do you get to level 30 and not know that? ;_;

Rocket Edge
09-26-2006, 09:27 PM
Sigma man's post's take the biscuit i think. :lol:

SigmaMan
09-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Wow, yeargdribble, I admire the fact you stayed with them for that long. Seriously... I would've left, so fast.

K, so I'm in sea serpent grotto doin stuff (level 47) with my flag up just incase. So I get,

someone: pt?
Someone invites you to their party.

So I just, accept to see.

Me: Umm... You're level 27.

*disbands*

Next, day:

Someoneelse invites you to their party
Me: O.o
*accepts*
Me: Wtf you're level 30
*an hour later*
Someonelese: [foreign words]
Me: (| I don't understand. |) (| Run away! |) (| Please. |)

So umm yeah, not that funny really. But, the fact I got invites from people just over HALF my level twice is a bit odd. People are insane. How the hell do you get to level 30 and not know that? ;_;

LOL,them Japs crack me up.

Ouch!
09-26-2006, 10:36 PM
LOL,them Japs crack me up.
I find more often than not that it's NA players that are the biggest dumbasses in game. The worst I ever see from Japanese players is a strict policy against English-speaking parties. It's an elitism thing, and with all the idiot NA players throughout FFXI, I can't really blame them.

That's not to say that all JP players are inherently better. They start as newbs, too. They just seem to learn quicker and be all around more respectful than NA players.

Markus. D
09-27-2006, 12:16 AM

the bad part about that? :)?

Miriel
09-27-2006, 01:29 AM
had just started the game on the PC. Out in N. Gustaberg leveling War to around 5 or 6 and this other player asked me if I wanted to do a BCNM.

me >> What is a BCNM
Other >> its a BCNM, you get lots of stuff to make gil
me >> Sure, what do we do?
Other >> We wait for a friend of mine and then we go to the BC and kill the beastmen
me >> Sounds like fun!!!

a few minutes later, his friend shows up, and we form the party, make a <simple> plan, and start to follow this leader.

We come to a campfire thing and there are 3 quadavs walking around it. The leader says we have to wait till the fire lights up to get good drops. We wait, and finally it starts and we proceed to massacure the lowly Quadavs. I think we got some kind of equip or some crap.

Leader >> hope that we get some good gil off of this, I will sell the items and look you up to give you some of the gil.
me >> sounds good, I need it to buy new equipment.

So that is the story of my first BCNM fight.

<---- nOOb
That is the best story ever. xD

Fuego
09-28-2006, 09:52 PM
I was synthing some Orange juice for myself as we waited for mages to heal and some one to come back ...

*other person* What are you doing?
*me* Synthing some OJ
*other person* Whats that ?
*me* MP refresh effect.
*other person* How do you do it?
*me* You have to join the guild and then follow the recipes and as your lvl gets higher you can synth better stuff.
*other person* Yea, i heard about alchemy, is that a synth?
*me* Its a craft.
*other person* whats the difference?
*me* You join a craft and synth items under it. ie. OJ is a synth under cooking craft ....

It goes on from there ...
But you get the idea :D

Del Murder
09-29-2006, 03:19 AM
I think you need to dig a little deeper with your anecdotes, Fuego. :D

escobert
09-29-2006, 03:35 AM
One time I new noob named Smelly.

Fuego
09-29-2006, 03:59 AM
I think you need to dig a little deeper with your anecdotes, Fuego. :D

This just happened to me, day before yesterday ... no diggin' required :D

Ouch!
09-29-2006, 04:24 AM
Alright, I got one. This happened today.

So, I'm in Jeuno, about to head off to Norg to go do the quests to get ninja spell scrolls. I'm walking through Lower Jeuno to check up on the price of rice balls (a not entirely accurate way of measuring Tenshodo fame, as many know), when the following shout pops up in the chat log.

"teleport-mea plz? free"

I'm thinking, all right. He's a desperate newb who probably lacks the gil to pay for a teleport and is looking for someone to take pity on him. Just for /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gifs and giggles, I /sea'd his name.

WAR53/SAM26 Galka Rank 1

I was flabbergasted. What kind of level 53 person would still be rank 1? The first thought that popped into my head was gilseller, but it seems very unlikely that one would go shouting in Jeuno for a free teleport. Perhaps it was someone who had just changed their allegience. I pushed that too aside as unlikely; someone who was into the game enough to want to change ranks probably wouldn't be so desperate for a free teleport (the guy had continued to shout this, undetettered by the flat "No," he received in response from some random joe).

I finished checking the price of rice balls and headed to the Kazham airship. After about an hour of playing, I finished gathering most of the scrolls (specifically utsusemi and the other expensive questables), and warped back to Aht Urghan Whitegate. One tele-taru-port and I was in Jeuno (got lucky). I switch jobs to my level 1 NIN and head for the Windurst airship.

When I get to Windurst, I quickly gathered the rest of the equipment I'd require (bronze set) and made my way to the auction house to pick up some other stuff I'd need in the future. That's when I see it.

"can i get warp 2 please?"

Same guy. Apparently he got his teleport-mea, got to Windurst, and now he needs to get back home.

He repeated the shout a few more times, and right before I log off I see the text next to his name:

"2k?"

Miriel
09-29-2006, 05:19 AM
Oh! I have one.

When I was a newbie, I saw people shouting for teleports all over the place in Windurst. And one day, I thought, "well if all these people are jetting off to teleports, I'll tag along!" So I joined a party, paid the 500 gil fee, and then the WHM teleports. Everyone but me gets enveloped in flashy lights, and disappear, and I'm just standing there like, "uhhh, hello?"

And it was sad cause the rest of the people in the party were all, "ahaha n00b!" ;_;

Lionx
09-29-2006, 05:28 AM
mmm i think this applies to all lvls...but many a time they would ask me for D2..and i am a WHM ^^;

Rostum
09-29-2006, 06:13 AM
Lionx is pretty n00bish, but we love him for the speshal boy that he is. <3

dodhungry
09-29-2006, 01:58 PM
alright since everyone else is ratting themself out here is one about me:

When I first started there where a whole bunch of people that ran around with only a 999999999 gil Red Rose in their bazaar.
So I figured that this must be a hard item to come by and if I ever find one it will be worth a lot..

Well in Jeuno I found the flower seller girl and she sells Red Roses for like 48 gil....thinking I was going to make a huge profit I bout 3 stacks of them and put them for sell in my mules bazaar for 100,000k.....

Oddly enough they never sold :cry:

<------Newb

Darius
09-29-2006, 07:34 PM
At least to be a DRK or DRG you need to take another job to level 30, which means you at least know something about how to be effective in the game.

Thats how any job should work. To be quite honest, I didnt fully understand how to hold Hate (as a PLD) consistantly until I was around level 38. Once I got the Flash spell I understood the concept of why/when/how to use it. Same with shield bash and sentinel and the occassional cure II. It just takes abit to understand the concept of each job and what they should be doing.

I was once in a party around levels 33-36 with a WHM (which Im actually friends with) that would only heal every once in awhile and spent most of the time meleeing while another player with a ---/WHM acted as the main healer. I didnt say anything but when I was having to cast cureIII's on myself to stay alive (not to keep hate) it got rather annoying.

OK, and im also going to admit something right now....call me a noob all you want but im not up-to-date with the internet/ffxi lingo.

Whats "mt" and "D2" mean? :p :p :p :p

Del Murder
09-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Here are three 'noob' tips for you:

1. mt = mistype, when you say something that was meant for someone else.
2. D2 = Warp II, the blm ability to warp other party members back to home point.
3. Don't double post.

Lionx
09-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Lionx is pretty n00bish, but we love him for the speshal boy that he is. <3

/hump

I think a newb tendency is to run away or run towards something when hate is lost...its funny.

Ouch!
09-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Camping VE today reminded me of this.

I was partying in Valkurm once, not long after I first joined the game. Since I joined at NA launch, that meant I was with a bunch of other NA players new to the game.

We're fighting damselflies, and all of a sudden we see one called the Valkurm Emperor. Unaware of the doom that awaited us, our leader suggested we attacked it.

"Sure, why not?" I said. We proceeded to attack. The battle followed something like this:

"Holy /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif! It just one-shotted the tank!"
"Run away! Run away!"
"This thing is insane!"

Then we all died.

dodhungry
09-30-2006, 01:20 AM
I think its funny that most of these newb stories happen in the Valkurm Newbs :rolleyes2 I mean Valkurm Dunes...... :tongue:

Del Murder
09-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Here's the story of my first ever exp party in FFXI:

I was in the dunes at level 12 and I had my flag up. I got invited to a party, no tell first, just an invite. When I joined I saw the party had 3 other members. One level 14, one level 15, one level 16. They were all melees I think. I was told that you should only have +/- 2 levels in a party but I figured I was new so maybe these guys knew what they were doing. I used the map to find where they were. They were all in some open area by the entrance to La Theine (not a very popular camp I've noticed). When I got there nobody really said anything. I asked what the battle plan was, and then one of them went and provoked a goblin. I was like, ok I guess we're starting, and went to engage the goblin. It proceeded to massacre me (only the two of us were fighting). I quickly warped back to Selbina and tried to run back so I could help out with the battle, which I assumed was what I was supposed to do. On my way another goblin saw me and killed me again. So that was two deaths within 10 minutes of my first party. I began to rethink my choice to play this game, but decided to give it another shot. The next party I got had 1 level differece, a full party with all necessary jobs, and we fought Hill Lizards at a reasonable spot. I'm glad I stuck around. :)

theundeadhero
09-30-2006, 05:05 PM
I was in the mines with this character Eleni. She was helping me get a skull so I could have a subjob. I already had the other two items. While we were in there another of Eleni's friends was deep inside fighting already so she directed us to where she was and we all fought for a bit. During the process we had wandered pretty far from her friend. Eventually a skull popped up and I aquired it. Then Eleni was all like, "Alright, we got it, let's go!" She promptly cast teleport. Little did she know that I hadn't bothered to get the teleport crystal out of La Theine yet so I was left all alone deep in the mines :( I made it through the dangerous part staying out of sight, only getting in one fight right at the entrance, which I won just barely and everything was wonderful again.

Miriel
09-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Ahhh, I remember that. I'm sorry man. xD

Yeargdribble
09-30-2006, 06:31 PM
I was in the mines with this character Eleni. She was helping me get a skull so I could have a subjob. I already had the other two items. While we were in there another of Eleni's friends was deep inside fighting already so she directed us to where she was and we all fought for a bit. During the process we had wandered pretty far from her friend. Eventually a skull popped up and I aquired it. Then Eleni was all like, "Alright, we got it, let's go!" She promptly cast teleport. Little did she know that I hadn't bothered to get the teleport crystal out of La Theine yet so I was left all alone deep in the mines :( I made it through the dangerous part staying out of sight, only getting in one fight right at the entrance, which I won just barely and everything was wonderful again.

I'm guessing you were a MNK?

So I've got a confession. I managed to MPK my own XP PT twice last night. I felt noob enough after doing it once but really really stupid after doing it twice. I was only half paying attention and I was closing a SC and out of habit prepared to burst with Bomb Toss. Bomb Toss is AoE (very very small AoE but AoE nonetheless) and I managed to hit some lizards in the vacinity, and they decided to recruit all of their friends and eat the PT.

For someone with so much experience, I'm shocked at myself for having done such a foolish thing.

Del Murder
09-30-2006, 07:02 PM
Happens to the best of us.

SigmaMan
10-01-2006, 01:15 AM
I'll give you guys one simple sentence that's just too funy

"Dude I can pull with fireworks,right?"

Yeargdribble
10-01-2006, 02:44 AM
I'm gonna be leveling a lot through lower zones in the near future so I think I might have a lot of stories coming up ^^

So I'm preparing to level WAR in Qufim today... I wasn't completely prepared so I didn't have my flag up but I got an /tell for an invite anyway. I said I'd PT with them. So the person tells me to put my flag up.

This is one of my pet peeves. /sea all yearg Then just hit invite. No flag needs to be up. But I don't say anything, just put my flag up. I'm running to go get signet and they say for me to stop and come back. I'm thinking, "WTF!?" but apparently they need me to be standing in front of them with my flag up for me to get an invite.

Maybe people not knowing how to use /sea all is why I sometimes stand around looking for an invite. Imagnine if this is the way it always was.

PTguy: Thank god, we've been looking for XXX job for hours.
Me: WTF? I've been seeking on this job for an hour.
PTguy: Well, you weren't standing right in front of us
Me: ...

Okay, so maybe the guy hasn't figured out the mechanics of the game oh well. So I get in the PT and every 30 minutes or so I notice that this person who couldn't even figure out how to invite me is using Melon Pie +1. To me this reeks of gilbuying, but maybe they weren't. Later in the PT this person decides to lecture me about how I'm using crappy food and offers me some Meat Cheifkabobs.

Now I'm using Meat Jerky, which for my level and my base attack is the optimal food. I try to explain this to the guy but he just proceeds to tell me how wrong I am and how if I won't take his advice he'll just shut up... which I let him do.

/sigh

EDIT:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e240/Yeargdribble/BadPT.jpg

PT I had earlier today. Note the PT spread... 22-26 with mages on top. I ditched soon after it formed.

SigmaMan
10-01-2006, 08:37 PM
PTguy: Thank god, we've been looking for XXX job for hours.
Me: WTF? I've been seeking on this job for an hour.
PTguy: Well, you weren't standing right in front of us
Me: ...

That's so sad :(

KawaiiUzume
10-03-2006, 03:19 AM
I was seeking with my taru blm mule, i think i was like 18 at the time, in the dunes and I get an invite after like an hour of waiting. I was like yes finally, and the pt leader told me come to dem,
"we are going to party in buburimu"
I didn't think anything of it, cuase I've pt'd there before. so i get to Dem and everyone is in level 1-10 gear and /anon, I didn't think anything of it.
One of the people in my pt started casting tele-mea and I was like wtf, but again i didn't think anything of it. when mea went off and i realized that i was the only one that got tele'd and i was booted from the party. so i'm sitting there thinking,
"ah hell i can't belive I fell for that."
It didn't end with that, this galka walks up to me and says can you help me kill this thing over here it's a tough to me, he was like level 14 or something, so i said yeah why not, i'm a nice guy ><. so we get over to the mob and he decides to link a bunch of other mobs after i've almost killed it and i die and he said,
"wtf why did you die," he was dead too.
I said "um you just linked like ten other mobs."
anyways an hour or so later I log back onto my main, and see both the galka and the guy in jueno and they were in the same ls. >< that is my most n00bish moment.

SigmaMan
10-03-2006, 04:24 AM
One of the people in my pt started casting tele-mea and I was like wtf, but again i didn't think anything of it. when mea went off and i realized that i was the only one that got tele'd and i was booted from the party. so i'm sitting there thinking,

That's just mean :(

oddler
10-03-2006, 04:43 AM
I would consider my noob accomplishment to be the hundreds of times I passed on Beastman Seals before some nice guy told me their purpose.

dodhungry
10-03-2006, 07:05 AM

I think an entire LS would now be on my black list for that:mad2:

Any way noob moment of the night.

lvl 19 in the dunes pt spread 17-19 not to bad. We are doing just fine on pulling snips and gobs. The only thing I didnt like was the WAR seemed like he was taking way to much damage and using up my mp to cure him...

Well somebody gets the bright idea "hey lets go pull pugs for massive exp"
I am thinking no we are doning just fine on snips and gobs that and I doubt I can keep the cures on pugs...so i say "Man yesterday my main tank was one shot by a pug...I dont think its such a good idea"

Well to make a long story short the idiot newb pulls while i had 60% mp....wipe out.

Then after we get a raise and weak wears off I say "NO MORE PUGS" just then the newb again pulls another pug for another wipe out.

Turns out I lost more exp in those two wipe outs than what I gained with the snips and gobs:mad2: I got pissed at them and left.

NO PUGS WITHOUT PL :trout:

Lionx
10-03-2006, 07:18 AM
Pugs should be fine by that level stretch unless your tank is lvl 17...if it was just even 1 lvl difference it will make a difference, but unless your tank is the weakest member i dont see whats wrong with pugs at that lvl range.

Darius
10-03-2006, 01:22 PM
When I first started playing and I had finally unlocked PLD, I was lvl 14 in the Dunes and I passed 2 players. One was dead and the other /tells me: "Hey PLD can you raise my friend?"

And then last night, I was in the citadel with a pt of 48-50. This is about me of course. So I was about to level to 51 and I had 140 tnl. We killed a beetle for 205xp and I didnt level. So I was thinking about it really hard and I saw I only needed 1 xp to level up. So im sitting there saying: "Wow, 1xp tnl! OMG." We kill some bats just for a handful of xp so I can level (everyone was gonna log after I leveled) and I still dont level. So I asked them why im not getting to 51 and they ask me if Ive done Maat's quest yet. I had no idea there was a level cap and no I never did Maat's quest. *smacks forehead*

So now today ill be doing that quest. Ugh...

sara-sa
10-04-2006, 07:50 AM
I am not sure those are called {noob sayings} but .....:)

I was in the pty at the CN .. like lvl 42-44.. when I got there pty members are looking for 6th member which was a healer...and didn't have luck to find one on the lvl range... then all of the sudden one of the pty member says " Is 32 whm ok ? " and rest of us replied "no." ..... and .. she said "why not ? " :eep:

Another time, I was seeking pty as lvl 15 whm... and got pty invite in Dunes... I accept invite and they were lvl 9-11.... so I told them that I will leave this pty because I would kill the exp.. Pty leader says, " I will pay you 30,000gil if you can pl us till we are around lvl 11."
I am not sure if he mistelled or not.... but I left pty anyways :cry:

Miriel
10-04-2006, 08:17 AM

Um. That's not even possible is it? At the very least, the WHM would have been teleported with you. <_<

Yeargdribble
10-04-2006, 02:26 PM
It is possible to not be teleported even as the WHM by simply not having the gate crystal. My wife has observed RMT selling teleports in Jeuno using this method. They apparently have 42+ WHMs (often without subs) with zero gate crystals so thy never leave when they sell teleports.

Miriel
10-04-2006, 06:19 PM
That is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. :o

Fuego
10-06-2006, 04:56 AM
this morning i was on my mule knobs standing at the AH and i had some one walk up to me and /shout will u give me some gil knobs !

at first i thought this was one of my mates playing a trick on me ...
so i /laugh < t >

He/she got mad and /shout Y R U laffing at me ?!?!?!

... but it wasn't ....

... then i laughed even harder :tongue:

Yeargdribble
10-06-2006, 11:54 PM
Well I got my WAR to 40 and noticed the PTs getting better and better. So now I'm back in Qufim leveling my THF.

I get into a PT with two members who are obviously in the same LS.

One is a 21WAR/8MNK using a Great Sword. He rests after every battle instead of holding onto his TP.

His friend is a RDM/BLM who is our main healer. He spends more time meleeing than anything else. He didn't bother to cast protect on anyone including the tank.

I'm pulling and he bitches at me that I shouldn't pull until we've rested 100% to full after every mob. Apparently, everyone should rest to full, including all of the melees and the tank (WAR/MNK). Apparently this is why her friend (the gimpsubbed WAR) rests every time.

/sigh

Del Murder
10-07-2006, 02:26 AM
Do you stick with these parties on purpose to recant them here?

Yeargdribble
10-07-2006, 02:38 AM
lol not really, but it does work as a type of stress relief. Mostly I stay with groups to avoid being an asshole. I'm actually pretty amiable when I'm actually in the PTs and will only occasionally give advice in /tell.

Here's a slightly less bitter story ^^

So I helped some guy get started a while back. I've tried to teach him a lot about the finer points of the game. I've tried telling him that especially at lower levels he should stick to mobs he can kill very easily and very quickly with little down time. Once you're level 5-8 you really need to almost stick to EPs. Depending on your job you can 1-2 shot them and have almost zero downtime etc etc.

Well he keeps telling me that it seems like it's coming in faster when it comes in huge chunks so he keeps fighting EMs and Ts and dying constantly. He's leveled about 5 jobs to 10+ now.

Well, he was in Ghelsba leveling his DRK and ddin't know that Lizards linked. He was chatting with me in /tell while XPing. He told me what happened... he attacked one... they all linked and came to eat him. However, they were lowish EP and he quickly dispatched all 5 and made a fair sum of XP and didn't even have to rest afterward.

He was absolutely amazed at how much XP he'd made in such a short time. I had to say, "I told you so" and we had a good laugh. Instead of dying for the rest of the day he quickly made two more levels and got some farming done in the process.

Fuego
10-08-2006, 02:08 AM
I love when a lvl 40+ send me tells of hey will you pl me plz :evilking:

I alway get a chuckle outta that