PDA

View Full Version : is necron from terra?

the_sandman
09-19-2006, 12:04 PM
is he?

i mean...he's blue. that mask necron has looks a lot like those faces from oilevert.

boys from the dwarf
09-19-2006, 04:02 PM
necron is the spiritual embodiment of the lifa tree. note that when the party fight necron they are actually dead and i think the crystal had also been destroyed. necron is the centre of the lifa tree and destroying the crystal released him. so he came from wherever the lifa tree came from.

ive explain what necron is quite a few times so i didn't go into detail. if theres anything that needs explaining, just say so.

Xurts
09-20-2006, 01:24 AM
Zidane: "U-Ugh... What happened to the crystal...? ...Where is this?"

Voice: "You stand before the final dimension, and I am the darkness
of eternity..."

Zidane: "Wh-Who are you!?"

Voice: "All life bears death from birth. Life fears death, but lives
only to die. It starts with anxiety. Anxiety becomes fear. Fear
leads to anger...anger leads to hate...hate leads to suffering...
The only cure for this fear is total destruction. Kuja was a
victim of his own fear. He concluded he could only save himself
by destroying the origin of all things--the crystal."

Zidane: "What the heck are you talking about? Why are you telling me
all this?"

Voice: "...Now, the theory is undeniable. Kuja's actions prove it. All
things live to perish. At last, life has uncovered this truth.
Now, it is time to end this world."

Zidane: "Wh-What do you mean by that?"

Voice: "I exist for one purpose... To return everything back to the
zero world, where there is no life and no crystal to give life.
In a world of nothing, fear does not exist. This is the world
that all life desires."

Zidane: "Who the hell do you think you are!? You're not ending anything!
Never, not as long as we have the will to live!"

Voice: "Foolish creature... Your fears have already deluded you. One
day, you will choose destruction over existence, as Kuja did.
When he sought to destroy the crystal, the purpose of life ended.
Now, come... Enter the zero world that you desire."

Zidane: "No! We'll destroy you and prove you wrong! And through our
memories, future generations will see that we can overcome any
fear! ...We can't give up now. ...We have to fight together.
Even if we lose, it doesn't matter... Our memories will live
on inside others. So, even if we are born to die, I'm not
afraid. I'm gonna live!"
Basically, Necron is some sort of entity that exists to destroy everything.

Goldenboko
09-20-2006, 01:36 AM
*Sigh* I wonder how many times I'll end up posting this(It gives an explanations of the masks as well)...

<Entirely too long to post here, especially since it's a lot of nonsense. Just provide the link next time.>[/b]

If you read that you will see that Necron is the main part of the Iifa tree, the sorter of souls.

The Crystal was not destroyed if you read Necron says he will destroy the Crystal. When the party is in the final battle they are dead! But because of the Iifa tree cannot return to the cycle of souls, Necron gets in the way, so what does the party do? Kill Necron and stop the Assimailation.

Necron was created by Garland, that explains why his face looks like the mask and their beliefs are so similiar...

Link to entire plot anylsis-> http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/final_fantasy_ix_plot.txt

farplaner
09-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Christ Boco! what am I, literate? Can't you just give a yes or no answer?? (lol)

One thing I notice is that Necron blathering about a "zero world" sounds a lot like Seymour's belly-aching about "without life there is no suffering...let me end your suffering..."

A trend?

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2006, 07:19 AM
read it. seriously. it'll explain a lot and it'll be worth it.

Nasarian Altimeros
09-20-2006, 01:35 PM
jftr, Squall Of Seeds plot analysis is just a theory. It makes sense to the plot and actually gives an explanation to many of the things we see in the ending, but it isn't canon and shouldn't be regarded as the definite answer to the question "What is Necron".

That being said I can't think of a more valid explanation that doesn't involve the words "Who knows".

Twilight Edge
09-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Necron?From Terra?

NO.

marc
09-20-2006, 09:29 PM
I always thought it was Necron from Myspace.

But I haven't played the game for a while.

the_sandman
09-21-2006, 03:39 AM
I always thought it was Necron from Myspace.

But I haven't played the game for a while.

necron has a myspace? can i add him as a buddy?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
09-21-2006, 03:51 AM
jftr, Squall Of Seeds plot analysis is just a theory. It makes sense to the plot and actually gives an explanation to many of the things we see in the ending, but it isn't canon and shouldn't be regarded as the definite answer to the question "What is Necron".Yes. Squall of SeeD is almost as bad as the guy who wrote Final Fantasy VII Mythologies.

Zeromus_X
09-21-2006, 03:57 AM
One thing I notice is that Necron blathering about a "zero world" sounds a lot like Seymour's belly-aching about "without life there is no suffering...let me end your suffering..."

A trend?

Nihilistic antagonists and/or final bosses are most definitely not uncommon in the final fantasy games. Although most final bosses in the series did want to destroy everything (and usually were some sort of deus ex machina 'essence of darkness' force of nature), they really didn't have much character until Kefka in FFVI (who wasn't really developed all too well anyway), developing even further with Sephiroth (here we go) and Ultimecia (okay, now we got it). Of course, Necron's name in the Japanese version of FFIX is 'Darkness of Eternity', which he even says in the english script. He's just a deus ex machina/nihilistic final boss, yet another tribute to the older final bosses of the series, and the series besides, in FFIX.

There really isn't much more to it than that. You can speculate all you want, and over-analyze things, but ultimately the answers to over-speculative questions people make up for a fictional video game are really quite simple. FFIX really isn't too tough to understand (which is actually a positive thing, at least to me) anyway, FFVI, VII, and VIII had much more symbolism than it did, though even all that was pretty simple to understand.

But, besides all that, after Garland reincarnating himself as a giant winged demon master of chaos, the deceased Emperor of Paramekia rising up from Hell, the Cloud of Darkness appearing right after Zande was finished, Zeromus spawning his funkadelic blue spaghetti person out of Zemus' Meteofried dead corpse, Neo X-Death appearing right out of nowhere complete with a psychadelic metaphysical battle background, Kefka's tree of nameless demons and finally himself as an apocalyptic angel of death, Sephiroth similarly following shortly after, St. Ajora transforming into the Bloody Angel Ultima (I wonder if this is some sort of theme going on here), and finally Ultimecia and her wonderfully annoying five (or so) forms of surreal wonder, how could you honestly be surprised with a flying, angelic blue guy with spinny-nuclear-reactor rings and nostalgic cosmos-destroying super attacks and annoying status effects?

Basically, Necron is some sort of entity that exists to destroy everything.

boys from the dwarf
09-21-2006, 07:38 AM
although a lot of enemies seem mad like zeromus_X said, most of them make sense.

garland turning into chaos is the 4 fiends using their powers.

i dont know how the emporor took over hell but oh well.

zeromus. i have a theory on zeromus but after playing the game im beginning to think that hes just some random hate monster.

neo X-death is the void with X-deaths powers. X-death had partial control of the void but neo X-death is the void and has full control of X-deaths powers.

kefka is a giant magicite junkie.

sephiroth is the power of jenova and sephiroth combined.

ultimecias form are usually all about her power. she used her powers to create greiver and then to junction on and when she died her powers lived on to create the final form. ive explained my theory on what the final form is a lot of times so i wont type it again.

necron is believed to be the centre of the lifa tree but he could just simply be some sort of random god like creature who has always existed.

The Crystal
09-21-2006, 10:33 PM
Everything is pointing to this way(Necron being created by Terrans), but in the end, is only a theory. Squall of Seeds theory is VERY good, but is not more then this. A simple theory.