PDA

View Full Version : Internet Access At Work.

Rainecloud
09-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Excellent. After four and a half years of being stuck in this boring Printing Firm, we finally have Internet access so that we can arse about when there's nothing to do in the afternoon.

Do you have Internet access at Work/School/College? Are you allowed to use it?

Mo-Nercy
09-19-2006, 02:07 PM
At uni there's computers hooked up everywhere. There's dozens of access labs so I guess probably a fair few hundred computers with internet are at my disposal.

At work, there's the computer in the office which I can quite easily walk in and out of from the kitchen. We're actually not allowed to touch the computer without the shift manager's permission, but we usually do anyway.

Rusty
09-19-2006, 02:27 PM
We have so many computers at school - heaps. All of them have internet access and you're allowed to use it. Good stuff.

Rase
09-19-2006, 02:40 PM
At school we have computers we can use, though usually you can't just get up and use them during class, we have to wait until tutorial/lunch. Plus we have a pesky filter, thereby eliminating 90% of the stuff I would want to do.

At Subway we sell WiFi time, so I guess we have internet. I don't have a laptop though, and it would still cost me money, so I'd just wait. I usually don't have that much free time anyway.

Loony BoB
09-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi, this is me, at work. :p

bipper
09-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi, this is me, at work. :p

Polaris
09-19-2006, 03:01 PM
You guys work so much! :p In my last school I didn't have internet acess they only gave acess to ppl who were doing reseraches... :( It sucked!

Bunny
09-19-2006, 03:22 PM
My job surrounds the computer and I frequently have to use the internet in order to get something done.

So I surf and take care of personal stuff every now and then.

Resha
09-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah at school, but I wouldn't use them to come on here or anything. :p [a] caught by teachers = shame. [b] work, man ;__;!

starseeker
09-19-2006, 04:58 PM
There's internet access at my school but the filter blocks all the good sites, and I can't load up good stuff with proxies.

Levian
09-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah, there's a wireless network at the school I go to, so I can bring my laptop and be online just about anywhere. Neat. There was an internet connection at my last work place, but there was only one computer and I didn't want anyone there to know that I go to a Final Fantasy fan forum, so I just checked my mail and stuff like that. We weren't allowed to use it during work though, so I rarely used it.

Cz
09-19-2006, 05:39 PM
We've got internet access at school, but it's so slow that EoFF isn't worth visiting. In fact, there's hardly anywhere worth visiting, so pathetic is our connection. Consequently, I avoid using the internet at school wherever possible.

Roto13
09-19-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm in the computer lab (the best of the three in the building) right now. There's no filter, either. I do have to reinstall MSN and Firefox every day, though.

Peegee
09-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi, this is me, at work.

bipper
09-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm in the computer lab (the best of the three in the building) right now. There's no filter, either. I do have to reinstall MSN and Firefox every day, though.

get a thumb drive and pull GAIM and Firefox off www.portableapps.com

It works so nice :)

Rainecloud
09-19-2006, 06:10 PM
I was at work when I posted this thread, and now I'm at home!

How effin crazy is that?!

XxSephirothxX
09-19-2006, 06:11 PM
My school has wi-fi over most of the campus, and I have a wireless router in my room. So I have internet access pretty much everywhere. And yet, the cable here is about a third of the speed my DSL at home was. What is it with schools having such crappy internet services? :(

Mr. Wertz
09-19-2006, 06:14 PM
My school has computers, and we are allowed to use the computers.

bipper
09-19-2006, 06:49 PM
My school has wi-fi over most of the campus, and I have a wireless router in my room. So I have internet access pretty much everywhere. And yet, the cable here is about a third of the speed my DSL at home was. What is it with schools having such crappy internet services? :(

They have to pay a lavish CEO to lavishly live a lavish lifestyle.

Owen Macwere
09-19-2006, 07:24 PM
I work in an internet center. :D I can access it anytime, but I don't brrow EOFF there, the boss would kill me.
At school, no internet. But I hope there is one in the college. I also have it at home.

Jowy
09-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I'd go completely insane if I didn't have internet at work.

Sefie1999AD
09-19-2006, 08:23 PM
We have a lot of computers in the university, and they all have access to the Internet as far as I know, and we're allowed to use them. Many of the material in the university is located online (and sometimes even videos about the lectures), in the courses' websites, so an Internet access is pretty much necessary for studying. There's also a wireless network in the university, so any student with a laptop (i.e. not me) can get online in the university, as long as they have a student Intranet ID. I'm having a part-time job in the university as well, and I have a computer with an Internet connection in my work room, and yes, I'm allowed to use it. :p