PDA

View Full Version : DIABLO 2

I Am Stoner
09-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Good or bad?

I thought it was an amazing RPG and still is, the gameplay, the quests and the sheer size of it. Simply amazing.

What are your views?

LunarWeaver
09-19-2006, 06:26 PM
I absolutely love this game and I still play it today. It's one of the most addicting experiences of my life. All games should rip off skill trees. With the expansion and 1.10 patch the whole thing was completely reinvented again. 'Tis wonderful.

P.S. Sorceresses are cheap use the Assassin.

I Am Stoner
09-19-2006, 06:41 PM
I have been playing it a lot recently, I forgot how good it actually was!!! For some reason I love being the Paladin or the Assasin. In my opinion the Druid sucks. What did you think?

Captain Maxx Power
09-19-2006, 07:41 PM
It be very much at the top of me list of favourite games. The gameplay be addicting yet with a lot of depth. It be a testament to it's majesty that I do be playing it after six years. Then again I be playing Doom 2 a lot also, so who's to say when I be stopping playing any game.

Flying Mullet
09-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I enjoy playing it from time to time.

My favorite character type tends to be a summoner Necromancer.

Tavrobel
09-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Thank God for Hammerdins and MFing Barbarians. I used to play it, but it got boring after the Ladder Reset. Either Ladder or Hardcore Ladder is the only ways to go.

Araciel
09-19-2006, 08:22 PM
still play it often. it's good to just kill thousands and thousands of little enemies and get rewarded with random junk flying out of their corpses

Nominus Experse
09-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Go I love Necromancers.

Bone Spear and Decrepify were awesome, not to mention the fact you can use what you kill.

I just recently began playing it again. I'm now at Hell difficulty.

Markus. D
09-20-2006, 02:17 AM
sucks when compared to Dungeon Seige 2 (which it shouldnt, because DS2 has earned a right to not be labelled a Diablo clone).

but its alright I will say. Assassin was a fun class :]!

I had Spirit Druid thing, A Shadower Assassin (alot of Shadows, a bit of Martial Arts... etc.... this was the only character of mine that reached level 99) and some other thing.

Bahamut2000X
09-20-2006, 03:54 PM
Ah yes I remember my days as Raythenecromancer, perhaps the ONLY necromancer to wield a great sword and melee with the rest of the fights, all the while spaming bone spear in hoardes of enemies for massive damage.

I loved getting bone spear up through for Act V, and to snipe the little bugger imps that teleport everywhere, while they waste thier fire attacks on my Fire Golem. XD

Hmmm we should like start up an EoFF D2 game sometime if so many people got it. >.>

Giga Guess
09-21-2006, 01:25 PM
So long as you're willing to put up with a newbie character, I'm in.

Nominus Experse
09-21-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm in for an EoFF D2 game

I just started playing online again, so I'm only around level 25

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-21-2006, 09:04 PM
I've got several characters right now, a Poison Necromancer, a Cleric Paladin, and a Lightning Trap Assassin being my best (all at least level 65 or so). I also have a fire sorceress at about level 26. I'm up for an EoFF D2 game at some point.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-21-2006, 09:07 PM
I've heard that Diablo II is an excellent game. If I had a better computer, I would pick up a copy.

The Real Dark Messenger
09-21-2006, 09:14 PM
I play it from time to time... it always gets me. Amazing when a 'old' game like that just keep being great.

Tavrobel
09-21-2006, 09:17 PM
I'd be all for an EoFF DII party, but my level 99 Magic/Item Finding Barbarian has long since been moved to non-Ladder Realms, and deleted. Plus there was this one incident with me, on Ladder, and being kicked off of Battle.net while transferring a Perfect Cat's Eye and War Traveler's Boots. Not happy. Plus, for some reason, my IJL.dll file kept getting deleted. You have no idea how many times I was forced to reinstall because of it.

If I decide to reinstall Diablo II, I'll let you know.

Enigma or Ali Baba's + Level 20 Iron Golem is win.

Laugh at face of Danger
09-21-2006, 09:31 PM
it kicks ass, from what little i've played.

Khaotic
09-21-2006, 09:35 PM
I play online and have everything possible, almost, in terms of items.

Bahamut2000X
09-21-2006, 11:46 PM
Well there's some support, what server would be best then to get people on?

I havn't played in ages so I doubt my characters are still around.

Tavrobel
09-21-2006, 11:58 PM
East, hands down. Since there isn't as much a demand for DII on the West coast (due to lack of Koreans), the best place is the East Coast (and most of the people with higher end items to give away for free are on East), and can accomodate Europe easier than West.

Khaotic
09-22-2006, 12:25 AM
You guys want to start new and play together? honestly, to me, the game is funner when you start new and rebuild everything instead of having uber equip straight from the start, plus playing with people you know or whatever is funner than strangers

daggertrepe
09-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Oh this game beat the crap outta me...

Bahamut2000X
09-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Sounds like that would be a fun idea Khaotic. I'm definitely down for that. Would make the boss fights more interesting. Like say everyone start a character on USEast server. And get together using just those single characters. Would make for a more interesting game in my opinion.

Hmm time to start picking classes. I'm fond of necromancer and druid. >.>

I'm especially an ace at the warrior/golem master necromancer style. ^^

Giga Guess
09-22-2006, 01:24 AM
I like the Elemental Druids....with some pets thrown in for flavor.

Khaotic
09-22-2006, 01:56 AM
Sounds like that would be a fun idea Khaotic. I'm definitely down for that. Would make the boss fights more interesting. Like say everyone start a character on USEast server. And get together using just those single characters. Would make for a more interesting game in my opinion.

Hmm time to start picking classes. I'm fond of necromancer and druid. >.>

I'm especially an ace at the warrior/golem master necromancer style. ^^

Alright, but lets agree to some things:

Atleast 2-3 people, no rushing, complete every quest(more fun and more levels etc) - doesn't seem so bad ;o better than playing with strangers and get rushed to baal instantly, or playing alone and being bored. Just let me know what times and stuff so we can set this up, also it would help if we make a room with a password, a room with always the same name and password so anyone from eoff can join.

Bahamut2000X
09-22-2006, 03:11 AM
Sounds like a good idea. How about for a game name, how about something simple like EoFF? >.> and a password? Errrr trout works pretty well I do believe.

Now we just need times, classes, and who all wants to join in. >.>

Khaotic
09-22-2006, 03:39 AM
Hmm... times for me, anytime, literally. As for class..paladin

Anyone who wants to join post here please with your future character name.

Giga Guess
09-22-2006, 03:56 AM
Giga Guess....pretty much any variation on the name of "Guess."

Bahamut2000X
09-22-2006, 04:01 AM
Well I just reinstalled it back on my computer and got all updated. But now I can't get on battlenet to make a character. So yeaaaah. >.>

Anywhos I think I'll go Necromancer again as RayTheNecroman.

Khaotic
09-22-2006, 04:22 AM
So.. you can't play? o_O but why are you making a character then?

I'm gonna go make the room now, feel free to join if you guys are on, otherwise i'll just afk or something.

Bahamut2000X
09-22-2006, 04:28 AM
I was just trying to make my character, then was gonna make me some other random none EoFF usage one just to mess around with and get the hang of everything.

Khaotic
09-22-2006, 04:35 AM
oh ok ;o

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-22-2006, 05:06 AM
My username is Behold_the_Void, my CD drive is nonfunctioning for the moment, it will be fixed on Saturday.

Bahamut2000X
09-22-2006, 05:43 AM
Well em and Khaotic played a bit, and got a good deal through Act I on our new characters. We're like level 10ish or so. So...yeah. >.>

Khaotic
09-22-2006, 05:46 AM
Alright me and bahamut were playing, we got to around level 9-10, I'm willing to help others catch up, so we got.

Me - Paladin
Bahamut - Necromancer
Void - ???
Giga - Druid
Nominus - Necromancer

How often would you guys like to play, and when? That way we can all keep up. Plus we all need to get in atleast 2 hours within 10 days so our characters don't expire, or something to that effect.

Nominus is your character new? because thats basically what we're doing, making new characters, not using old ones.

Void, which class are you going to be?

ValkyrieWing
09-22-2006, 06:30 AM
*sigh*

I wish i didn't have dialup so I could play...

Markus. D
09-22-2006, 06:32 AM
I like party play n_n.

but I found the party system more funner in Return to Arms.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-22-2006, 07:28 AM
I need some specific builds before I decide on the kind of character I'm going to play. I want something that will synergize with what we already have.

Khaotic
09-22-2006, 07:44 AM
Hmm.. well, I'm going to be a hammerdin, bahamut was.. a bunch of stuff, I saw him using bone shield, teeth, summon skels and golems, so I guess hes a hybrid necro, and the rest I'm not sure, they can post what they're going to be though.

Btw, I'm central america time zone, what time zone is everyone else?

I'd like to play atleast once a day, if thats possible, and whoever doesn't show up can either skip some quests we did, or we can vote and redue some quests do catch them up, only exception is quests where we actually gain something, like a skill point, resistance scroll, +hp potion, stuff like that, which everyone will get eventually.

Flying Mullet
09-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Was the room name and password decided on yet?

I won't be a regular, but I might poke my head in from time to time to see if anyone's on.

Giga Guess
09-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Yeah, me too.

Captain Maxx Power
09-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Since I don't play US East I'm well out.

And however potential naughty it may be, it's worth noting that I frequent a modded realm. It's very sparsely populated (the most popular mods only have 20 or so people playing regularly), but good for those of us who want a change from classic.

You can find out more about them here. (http://bnetd.shbe.net/)

Reine
09-22-2006, 02:55 PM
I used to enjoy it, but it became dead monotonous after beating it once and having to start over in Nightmare mode, since then I can barely play it, I remember installing it, playing for 15 minutes before uninstalling it once..

Ive always liked the original Diablo more, but the PC version has no Nightmare/Hell..

Bahamut2000X
09-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Well I'm EST time zone. As for my Necro, I'm going to go a hybrid summoning and bone one. Primarily Bone Spear is my ultimate goal for bone spells. I love that spell. ^^

And I'm going to split my summoning between golems (mostly for fire golem at the end) and skeletons. So that way I can have a mini army with me. ^^

EDIT: Also for Bantam, the game name is EoFF and the password is trout.

Tavrobel
09-22-2006, 08:43 PM
NO MAXX NO!

Fail. However, I did used to frequent the modded realms long ago.

Anyways, if I ever get on, it's on the account Valarauko (or Tavrobel).

Nominus Experse
09-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Oh, well, I was a new character, but I didn't see the room, so now I am a 35 level Summoning/Bone Necromancer...

I guess I could start again and catch up, but... that's frustrating.

We need to establish some kind of communicative network so that it doesn't end up being that only one or two of us is playing at the same time.

As for time zone, I am Pacific Time, though time really has no meaning over here to me - I'm open at any point until I get a new job.

Tavrobel
09-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Seems like plenty of us have AIMs. I'm usually on Starcraft using the account maxis99@USEast or Tavrobel@Azeroth, so I'm usually on to communicate news, not that I reinstalled DII yet.

Also, to clarify, DII uses the same as Starcraft and Warcraft II realm tags:

SC/DI/DII/WCII
USEast
USWest
Asia
Europe

WCIII (in order)
Azeroth (USE)
Lordaeron (USW)
Kalimdor (Asia)
Northrend (EU)

Khaotic
09-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Who is all here right now and wants to play? Add me on AIM or MSN

AIM: KhaoticDizaster
MSN: Pherious@hotmail.com

Also, I created a channel "eoff" which i'll try my hardest to afk/idle at all times in, unless I'm playing of course.

I believe me and nominus are going to play in about 5 minutes, so if you're joining us, feel free to come in the room.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-22-2006, 11:56 PM
Hmm... Hammerdin and summon/bone necro. The meat shields seem well covered, I may just use my fire sorceress.

Khaotic
09-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Pretty much, does anyone want to play right now? I'll need someone who's just starting a new character to make the game so all the quests are freshly started.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-23-2006, 01:48 AM
Don't count on my presence for a few days at least, I'm in the process of moving into the dorm.

Khaotic
09-23-2006, 02:26 AM
Who is Sair_Borra?

Tavrobel
09-23-2006, 02:36 AM
Nominus Experse.

Also, is this Ladder or Non-Ladder?

Bahamut2000X
09-23-2006, 05:10 AM
Ladder.

Also we should form up some sort of posting system on what level range to be around. So if someone misses a game day, they can just level up on thier own to get caught up a bit to the group and suchness.

Araciel
09-23-2006, 06:35 AM
*sigh*

LOL
UR TEH SUCK

Nominus Experse
09-23-2006, 07:27 AM
Should I have a fire golem or an iron golem be my minion?
Depending on how we plan to play, I will either choose Fire or Iron.

I also plan on spending my points as follows:

20 in Skeletal Mage
20 in Bone Spear
20 in Fire Golem
20 in Skeletal Mastery
5 in Summon Resistance
4 in Golem Mastery
5 in Revive
3 in Corpse Explosion
1 in Iron Maiden
1 in Terror
1 in Weaken
1 in Teeth
1 in Amplify Damage

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-23-2006, 07:38 AM
I'd say go Fire Golem, and don't sink any extra points in corpse explosion, let equipment beef it up on its own. I'll also say that a point in every curse can be a very, very good thing.

ValkyrieWing
09-23-2006, 07:50 AM
*sigh*

LOL
UR TEH SUCK

No, I am teh POOR.

Nominus Experse
09-23-2006, 07:53 AM
You think I ought to put some points in the Lower Resist curse? It would aid the Sorceress a bunch and fire golem, no doubt. The only problem is that it doesn't stack on Decrepify, but rather replaces it...

How about this set up:
15 in Skeletal Mage
20 in Bone Spear
20 in Fire Golem
20 in Skeletal Mastery
5 in Summon Resistance
4 in Golem Mastery
5 in Revive
1 in Corpse Explosion
1 in Iron Maiden
1 in Terror
1 in Weaken
1 in Teeth
1 in Amplify Damage
7 in Lower Resist

OR

Take 3 of the Lower Resist's points and placing them in the following:

Dim Vision (I hate this spell - it sucks)
Confuse
Attract (Doesn't work on Bosses or Uniques...)

Any thoughts on what is best?

*sigh*

LOL
UR TEH SUCK

No, I am teh POOR.
At the lowest, it requires that you have a 28.8 Kps modem or better. Surely, you have something on par with that, if not a 56 modem, seeing as most are nowadays.

Although, since I am gearing to be something of a Lagmancer, and Bahamut wants to a Necros too, it may causes problems...

ValkyrieWing
09-23-2006, 08:05 AM
You think I ought to put some points in the Lower Resist curse? It would aid the Sorceress a bunch and fire golem, no doubt. The only problem is that it doesn't stack on Decrepify, but rather replaces it...

How about this set up:
15 in Skeletal Mage
20 in Bone Spear
20 in Fire Golem
20 in Skeletal Mastery
5 in Summon Resistance
4 in Golem Mastery
5 in Revive
1 in Corpse Explosion
1 in Iron Maiden
1 in Terror
1 in Weaken
1 in Teeth
1 in Amplify Damage
7 in Lower Resist

OR

Take 3 of the Lower Resist's points and placing them in the following:

Dim Vision (I hate this spell - it sucks)
Confuse
Attract (Doesn't work on Bosses or Uniques...)

Any thoughts on what is best?

*sigh*

LOL
UR TEH SUCK

No, I am teh POOR.
At the lowest, it requires that you have a 28.8 Kps modem or better. Surely, you have something on par with that, if not a 56 modem, seeing as most are nowadays.

Although, since I am gearing to be something of a Lagmancer, and Bahamut wants to a Necros too, it may causes problems...

Dialup and one phone line?

I know myself well enought that if I started playing I'd never stop. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-23-2006, 08:14 AM
Don't put more than one point in any one curse. Let your equipment take care of the rest. I'd personally go for full array of skeletons, having full points in that outweighs skeletal mastery.

Nominus Experse
09-23-2006, 08:43 AM
Alright, a Lagmancer I shall be:

15 Skeleton Mastery
20 Raise Skeleton
20 Raise Skeleton Mage
20 Fire Golem
10 Revive
1 Clay Golem
1 Blood Golem
1 Iron Golem
5 Summon Resist
4 in Golem Mastery
1 Teeth
1 Corpse Explosion

If the other Necro could be a Bone or Poison Necro, that would be best, seeing how two Lagmancers would do royal hell on most people's computers...

I won't be able to play once 6:00AM hits my part of the world - I am off to go see my grandmother turn 70. I'll be back on Monday, though.

Khaotic
09-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Room is made as I type this, feel free to join.

eoff - trout

Giga Guess
09-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Any particular time?

Khaotic
09-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Me and Nominus made it to act 2 and got the cube and staff, there is no specific time, whenever someone wants to play I play and post in the forums that I'm making a room.

Bahamut2000X
09-24-2006, 05:25 AM
Eh well I figured I'm a bit behind at the moment, So I leveled up Ray to 12, and am beginning to refit him. Since we already got a summoner necro, I'll go pure bone and poison, with some melee combat power, and work on beefing up a golem for a nice little tough pet.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-24-2006, 07:38 AM
If you want the golem, I'd suggest a poison necro so you don't spread yourself out too thin. With the synergies and at higher difficulties, it's all about the specialization.

Tavrobel
09-24-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm usually on whenever I can, in the games
eoff/trout
maxis/maxis
Including right now! (11:00 AM, I'm almost at Andariel)

My MF Barb will look something like this when I'm done
20 Sword Mastery (20)
20 Battle Orders (40)
10 Item Find (50)
11 Whirlwind (61)
11 Berserk (72)
3 Battle Command (75)
8 Natural Resistance (83)
1 Leap Attack (84)
1 Increased Stamina (85)
3 Increased Speed (88)
1 Iron Skin (89)
1 Leap, Stun, Bash, Concentrate, Find Potion, Shout, Howl (96)

Which leaves me about fifteen extra points to distribute; suggestions?
6 Izual
3 Den of Evil
3 Radament
3 Level

Leaning towards some more points in Whirlwind or Berserk. If I went four each, I'd have seven left, possibly putting those in +Speed, +Resist, +something else.

EDIT: Beat Andy.

I also have a small collection of valuable low level +skill items

Sorc: level 6, Eagle Orb
+10 Cast Rate
+1 Warmth
+2 Frozen Armor
+1 Ice Blast
+ Mana

Necro: level 2
+1 Raise Skeleton
+1 Amp Damage

Paladin: level 3 mace, level 4 shield
Let's just say they've got too many bonuses to list, including +25% resistance and a HUGE amount of damage/defense

I hope someone can lend me their Cube, because I've got alot of Gems to synthesize, and it's taking up alot of room in my stash.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-25-2006, 05:37 AM
OK, I'm doing something experimental with my character. If he isn't any good, I'll make something else to not drag us down.

Anyway, it's a Barbarian. I'm going dual-throw with him. We already have several frontliners, so he's going to stay at a distance and throw, but still have the power to go close-range combat. Current skill distribution is looking like this:

Prereqs:
Howl, 1 point
Improved Stamina, 1 point

Total: 2 points

Extra to the build:
Iron Skin, 1 point
Natural Resistances, 1 point
Improved Speed, 1 point
Shout, 1 point
Battle Orders, 1 point
Battle Command, 1 point

Total: 6 points

Meat of the Build:
Throwing Mastery, 20 points ( High Priority)
Double Swing, 20 points (Priority)
Double Throw, 20 points (High Priority)
Bash, 20 points (Low Priority)
Axe Mastery, 20 points (Low Priority)

Total: 100 points

That gives me a total of 108 out of 110 points spent. If I ever get that high, I'll probably boost up one of my other warcries or my passives.

The basic plan is I'll have double swing as my main and double throw as my secondary. I'll get a good pair of axes and a good pair of throwing weapons, if they get too close I'll switch to the axes and start swinging until I'm away again. It should have decent melee strength and a good ranged attack ability. When I switch to weapon set II, I'll have my skills change to bash as secondary so I can use that to knock enemies away if necessary.

I'm only level 5, but I'll get myself up as soon as I can.

Nominus Experse
09-25-2006, 07:28 AM
Eh well I figured I'm a bit behind at the moment, So I leveled up Ray to 12, and am beginning to refit him. Since we already got a summoner necro, I'll go pure bone and poison, with some melee combat power, and work on beefing up a golem for a nice little tough pet.

Here's the lovelies of synergies:

POSION:

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8489/poisondaggerra1.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/4272/poisonexplosionxs6.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/7572/poisonnovaxd9.jpg

OR BONE:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/9875/bonespearcd5.jpg

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4898/bonespiritjy9.jpg

Posion requires 60 points, with all of your points going where you want them, and allowing you surplus points to put in curses and a pet.

Teeth makes you stretch a little, and uses up 100 of your points, giving you only 15 or 18 more points to spend.

However, enemies become immune to Posion later on, though not all, but some do. Bone magic is specifically categorized as Magic damage, no attributes other than that, so that's a benefit.

Poisonmancers seem to be more up-close, medium ranged Necros, whereas Bone are much more long-range. Poison uses less mana generally, bone uses a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif-ton.

I say go with being a Poisonmancer with a nice fiery pet, corpse explosion, and a few curses up your sleave.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-25-2006, 07:32 AM
I have a Poison Necro, he's fun but probably not as good as the Bone Necro. Lower resistances helps a lot. And poison necros spamming Poison Nova will do a lot more damage overall to a larger group than Bone Necros spamming spear or spirit.

Nominus Experse
09-25-2006, 07:43 AM
I like the idea of him running around spraying poison doom more than hanging back sending slow, single-taget spirits that eat up your mana like hell.

And can you imagine even more damage stacked on that some of those poison abilites? Bone can't benfit from Lower Resist, whereas Poison spells can, so more goodness there.

I like the tactic of spray, hit, spray, hit, spray, hit, etc...

And he also wants to put some points in the melee area, so Poison would be more fitting there too.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-25-2006, 07:45 AM
Poison also allows for a rather tough golem, which is a definite plus.

eestlinc
09-25-2006, 07:50 AM
this game was good times. i even played for a bit recently and it was still fun.

Nominus Experse
09-25-2006, 08:16 AM
So what kind of characters fdo we have thus far?

I see the following being planned and/or made:

Hammerdin

MF Barbarian specializing in Swords

Lagmancer

An interesing propostion of a Barb by Behold the Void, though we talked and he may yet make a Party Pally specializing in Coviction and Vengeance, which would make enemy resistances lowered to an ungodly state when combined with a Necros Lower Resist spell...:drool:

Poisonmancer or Bonemancer, though I want him to be a Posionmancer, considering the added benefits to be had via manipulation of enemy resitances.

Is that right or it?

And eestlinc, you ought to join up and play with us. The more the merrier!

Tavrobel
09-25-2006, 10:01 PM
this game was good times. i even played for a bit recently and it was still fun.
You should join us! Perhaps Druidism or Sorcery would call you over. Assassin-ism? Amazon-ness?

Anyway, it's a Barbarian. I'm going dual-throw with him.

Shout, 1 point
Battle Orders, 1 point
Battle Command, 1 point

Throwing Mastery, 20 points ( High Priority)
Double Swing, 20 points (Priority)
Double Throw, 20 points (High Priority)
Bash, 20 points (Low Priority)
Axe Mastery, 20 points (Low Priority)

The basic plan is I'll have double swing as my main and double throw as my secondary. I'll get a good pair of axes and a good pair of throwing weapons, if they get too close I'll switch to the axes and start swinging until I'm away again. It should have decent melee strength and a good ranged attack ability. When I switch to weapon set II, I'll have my skills change to bash as secondary so I can use that to knock enemies away if necessary.

I've seen other dual-throwers before, but they were few, far between, and not that good. I would shift Double Swing to being Frenzy, since it's better, and gives a sick speed bonus. With a Lagmancer, it should balance out the lag when running.

Probably since I've got BO and BC, you shouldn't need those, so I would probably stick another point in N.Resist, Iron Skin, or Increased Speed. Additionally, you'll probably want at least one level in Leap Attack, just so you can move around easier (although if you die during a Leap Attack, the game will no longer let you use it until you log out and back on).

If you have Leap (one level) and Leap Attack (one level), you'll probably not need Bash, which means you can redistribute the points to buff up some of the passives, but it's your call (I never used Bash, but it must be useful for something).

Khaotic
09-25-2006, 10:41 PM
This whole thing will only work if we can all play together, for a decent amount of time, possibly even daily, otherwise its just useless information that we're gathering, to be honest.

We have yet to have a game with more than 2 people, and I don't even know where everyone is at currently. During the time I've been waiting for people to fix their comps and stuff I made a hammerdin on east using enigma and other equips, therefore I'm kinda bored of it so I'm going to be switching to bowzon, so if anyone wants to take up hammerdin, go ahead.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-26-2006, 12:41 AM
Everyone give their screen names and add each other to the friend list. That's the best place to start.

As far as my thrower is concerned, he was just an experiment, and the bash is to make his double-strike good for close range. I'll probably quest with the Vengeance Pally, since he's WAY more the team player.

Flying Mullet
09-26-2006, 01:10 AM
If nothing else we have a pseudo-ongoing room for EoFF'ers to check out when they log in so they can play with other EoFF'ers.

I will be playing a Barbarian. His hobbies are carrying a big hammer (2-handed maces) and beating things.

Tavrobel
09-26-2006, 01:42 AM

I am Sair_Borra on US East Ladder

My username is Behold_the_Void.

Since Bahamut and Khaotic have played together before, as long as we get one of them on a /f l, we should be fine. Giga Guess is using some variation of his name, so he will have to message us, and Bantam has yet to give his account name (if he has one).

I use the same account name as my own at EoFF, but I don't add people until they add and message me first (I don't have time to hunt you down).

Additionally, almost everyone has AIM accounts; I already have Khaotic /f l'd, and others should have their AIM accounts in their profile. If you don't have AIM, don't feel left out, many members here also have MSN and Yahoo accounts, also. I encourage people to get on when possible.

The offical game name is eoff/trout.

Khaotic
09-26-2006, 01:55 AM
Anyone can instant message me on aim or msn if you want to play, I'm basically available all day, and if I don't reply its because I'm afk getting food, bathroom, or I'm sleeping. I also play d2 all day currently, so feel free to let me know you're playing.

My new bowzon is named CosmosSin - i'm only level 5 right now, due to lack of finding games and I don't feel like soloing the first act since I've done it atleast 20 times now.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-26-2006, 02:37 AM
I've been playing some today. I abandoned my throwing barbarian and went with the more efficient and more party-supporting vengeance paladin. He's at level 8 currently, just finished rescuing Cain. I'm going out for food now, I may be back a bit later and get on. Messaging me on Diablo II is a good way to get my attention so I can add you to my friends list.

And seriously, friends lists help these a lot. Just type /f add username_here.

escobert
09-26-2006, 02:47 AM
Awsomness.

Khaotic
09-26-2006, 02:59 AM
Well, me, tavro, and bahamut had a game going, then all hell broke loose, first tavro disconnected, and then bahamut as well but he couldn't reconnect and tavro was never heard from since.

Bahamut2000X
09-26-2006, 03:03 AM
Yeah Battle.net just hates me it seems. I'm pulling a sky from FFXI all over again. >.>

Flying Mullet
09-26-2006, 01:13 PM

I am Sair_Borra on US East Ladder

My username is Behold_the_Void.

I use the same account name as my own at EoFF
I have these four added to my friends list now.

My account on US East is "flyingmullet" and my character is "Thunkk".

Also, my IM id's are listed in my profile for your viewing pleasure. :)

Giga Guess
09-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Just gimme an idea of when to be on, and I'll do my best to be there.

Flying Mullet
09-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Thunkk is now level 6 and dreams of the day he can hold a nice big maul in his hands (He's a simple minded fella).

Captain Maxx Power
09-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Thunkk is now level 6 and dreams of the day he can hold a nice big maul in his hands (He's a simple minded fella).

Bonesnap FTW!

http://www.headoff.com/games/games/diablo2/images/bonesnap.gif

If you get this baby double-upgrade it for some obscure thwacking.

Or if you like you can always brandish my favourite weapon in the history of everything;

http://www.battle.net/images/battle/diablo2exp/images/items/uniques/ribcracker.gif

Good ol' Ribcracker when Elite'd actually does more damage than Bonesnap, and most of the Elite Maces, it's faster, has CB, AND it stacks with Mace Mastery. :)

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Oh christ, I'd forgotten that you're all on US East. Well, time to make up the Paladin again.

Flying Mullet
09-26-2006, 06:29 PM
xD

Yeah, I had to create US East account as I usually play on US West. :)

Bonesnap FTW!

http://www.headoff.com/games/games/diablo2/images/bonesnap.gif

Yeah, I LOVE Bonesnap! Even the name is cool. :smash:

Nominus Experse
09-26-2006, 07:19 PM
I found these if anyone cares these if anyone cares to have them:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/4457/bloodrisebl5.jpg

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/9310/havocemblemshieldjh9.jpg

And, well, I'm on right now too...

Flying Mullet
09-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Alright, Thunkk has a Bloodrise to use when he hits level 15. :smash:

Thanks again Nominus.

Nominus Experse
09-26-2006, 08:33 PM
Well, Thunkk would be no Thunkk without something to thunk with, now would he?

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-26-2006, 11:27 PM
Are you guys playing ladder or nonladder?

Khaotic
09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Ladder.

Nominus Experse
09-27-2006, 04:11 AM
I found some goodies, namely Barbarian goodies:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1142/assaulthelmzh2.jpg

The sockets allow for a Nadir (Nef Tir) or Lore (Ort Sol) Runeword, seeing as its Superior and not Magical, Rare, or Elite. I have the runes required to make the Runewords I mentioned, but you will owe me big time for the Sol rune.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/469/sigonsplateog8.jpg

Sigon's Shelter, obviously.

If you want them, simply ask.

Flying Mullet
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
I know I could use them as of now, but I hate to mooch off of you anymore, you've been so kind to me. :)

I'm going to be playing some this morning if anyone else is around. Maybe I can get some levels and start contributing back to the group.

Giga Guess
09-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Yeah...my Druid's still just a baby...when I'm of a bit higher level, I'll start making a serious effort to join up with y'all.

Captain Maxx Power
09-27-2006, 02:32 PM
I've got half a mind to try and catch up at some point with you all (shouldn't take long, I've been playing this game so long I can easily do 4/5ths of normal in a four-five hour sitting), the only big thing I have is that it's on the US server. It's East which is better (East is closer than West geographically speaking), but of course I get the very best pings on Euro, so I'm at a natural disadvantage, which for a game like D2 can be a real killer in the literal sense of the word.

Flying Mullet
09-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Well, I beat Andy and the heavens rained down gifts on me. :)

I'm in Act II now, working on level 15. I'll be playing off and on, so if I don't respond to you when you log in, it means I'm afk.

EDIT: I found another Zombie Head with +1 to Raise Skeletal Mage and +2 to Skeleton Mastery. I don't know what our Necromancers need at the moment so I'll hang onto this one too.

I'm holding onto these for now if anyone is interested:

http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item1.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item2.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item3.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item4.gif

Flying Mullet
09-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Okay, I'm going to hang out for a while, I'm getting to many items now. (I tend to be a packrat in these games :) ).

http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item5.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item6.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item7.gif

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-27-2006, 07:35 PM
I haven't found anything really noteworthy as of yet. I've beaten Radament and am now level 14. Or 15. Something like that. So I can actually start contributing to the party now.

Flying Mullet
09-27-2006, 07:38 PM
I just found Cleglaw's Pinchers if anyone's intrested.

Also, shortly I'll be level 21 and can get mauls, so I'll be done with Bloodrise if anyone wants it (Behold the Void?).

Captain Maxx Power
09-27-2006, 07:43 PM
OK, I've sucuumed. On US East, contact me via the account name *capmaxxprm ;)

Tavrobel
09-27-2006, 08:28 PM
VICTOLY!

I'll take that Sigons, btw if it's available.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-27-2006, 08:47 PM
I found Cleglaw's Claw myself. I have it if someone wants a partial set of that. I'm popping on now for a bit, I'll probably be trying to raise my level and get through Act 2.

Khaotic
09-27-2006, 08:57 PM
i'll take that crossbow since I'm probably the only one who can benefit from bows/crossbows since I'm a bowzon.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-28-2006, 06:07 AM
I found a warcry +1 amulet if any Barbarian wants it.

Also, where are our Necromancers? I'm a piss-poor tank until high levels.

Khaotic
09-28-2006, 08:23 AM
I got some items for people, paly gets a sword with +1 paly skills, barb gets a headgear with +2 barb skills(might be combat, too lazy to check right now) a shield with +1 paly skills, an ammy with +1 druid skills, sigons gaunts, and some other crap, all of that has other little stats besides the ammys.

Flying Mullet
09-28-2006, 12:37 PM
Khaotic, I would love to see sigons gauntlet as I have the armor already. I have a unique glove on right now (don't remember what), and if I decide to use the gauntlet you're more than welcome to have the gloves I have on right now.

Also, I still have a couple of decent heads (shields) for summoner necromancers and a couple of druid helmets, but I'm going to have to clear some room in my stash soon, so I holpe our necromancers and druids read this soon.

Giga Guess
09-28-2006, 01:17 PM
I BE DRUID! What kind of time frame would I have to be on? Generally I only have 6:00PM MST to be online.

Flying Mullet
09-28-2006, 01:47 PM
Giga Guess: I PM'd you with what I have of druid stuff so we can discuss there and not spam up this thread.

Here's the heads I'm holding for now if any necros are interested:
http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item1.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item5.gif

And a tastey ring for whomever:
http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/item6.gif

Flying Mullet
09-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Sorry to double post, but I didn't want this to get lost.

Can we get an updated list of what people's battle.net id is, what character they're playing and a brief description? i.e. Poison and Bone Necro, Frenzy Sword Barb, etc... That way we know who to put on our friends list and also a general idea of what equipment to save based on what type of characters people are playing.

Handy link with EoFF Diablo 2 player info. (http://www.homemade-websites.com/eoffdiablogroup.php)

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-28-2006, 06:30 PM
EoFF ID: Behold the Void
battle.net ID: Behold_the_Void
Character Name: Tyormin
Character Type and Skill Focus: Vengeance Paladin

I could definitely use the Paladin equipment. Also, those who don't need them should keep an eye out for the following runes combinations, because I can make equipment with them that should make me quite powerful:

Io+Jah+Pul makes me a Dream runeword in a 3-socket helmet or shield. That gives me a stackable level 15 Holy Shock aura that is always active and will still synergize with my points in Salvation and Resist Lightning. With one in the helmet and shield, I'll have a level 30 Holy Shock always active making me stronger and making a good amount of pulse damage, in addition to my conviction being active.

Sur+Cham+Amn+Lo in a four-socket weapon nets me the Hand of Justice runeword, giving me a level 16 stackable Holy Fire.

Sur+Lo+Sol in a three-socket armor or shield (armor in this case) nets me the Dragon runeword, giving me another level 14 stackable Holy Fire for a total of a level 30 stackable Holy Fire active.

All of that together will get me an active level 30 Holy Shock AND Holy Fire in addition to my already active Conviction, which will increase the damage dealt. Furthermore, both auras will receive synergies from my pumped up resistance skills (since I'm also trying to synergize with Vengeance) for an overall mass amount of elemental damage.

Nominus Experse
09-28-2006, 06:53 PM
Speaking of Runes, keep an eye for the following for me:

sol+um+um

lem+ist+io

jah+ith+ber

ort+sol

eth+lum

And here is what I hav:
4 tal
4 ral
5 ort
2 nef
3 eth
1 eld
2 tir
1 sol
3 ith
1 el

Flying Mullet
09-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Table updated. :)

Nominus, I'm logged into eoff now, so when you get back I can give you that ring.

Also, I found Infernal Cranium if anyone's working on the Infernal Tools (http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/sets/sets2.shtml#infernal) set.

Nominus Experse
09-28-2006, 07:46 PM
I found Cathan's Visage, so if anyone is going after that set, it's on the ground in the Rogue Encampment. I know Kaotic had/has the ring.

Flying Mullet
09-28-2006, 10:38 PM
I don't know if anyone's going to be on later, but I will be on in a half-hour/hour and look forward to Thunkk'ing some skulls with some other EoFF'ers. :)

Giga Guess
09-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Just....uhmmm....what level are you?

Cuz I'm still a baby Druid-ling. I haven't even saved Cain yet. :p

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-29-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm 23 myself, we can help you get up higher.

Giga Guess
09-29-2006, 12:54 AM
Heeheehee.... :evilking: