PDA

View Full Version : Xbox360 hates AOL?

BlackWaltz
09-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Okay so im currently on AOL Silver (up to 1mb) (and yes i hate it) and i am going to buy a xbox360 premium pack tommorow. I was looking forward to getting on xbox live but now im hearing on the net that AOL is not compatible with it, is this true? or is there a way to get around this? if not im going to try and switch providers, most probably to TalkTalk, are they compatible? by the way im from the uk.

Roto13
09-19-2006, 09:51 PM
Nobody likes AOL, it's not just Xbox.

Mirage
09-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Get BT?

Tavrobel
09-19-2006, 10:08 PM

Dreddz
09-19-2006, 10:22 PM
People need to give AOL some credit, it isnt as bad as most make it out to be, but its definately one of the worst providers. You can use Xbox Live using AOL, but Ive heard theres some issues involved, I dont know of these unfortuantely.

Araciel
09-19-2006, 10:34 PM
aol is the devil...it's only useful for overprotective parents with young kids who have no business being on the interweb anyway...let them surf at school where filters are already in place....

up here they have AOL canada....which is even worse from what i've heard

Ryth
09-19-2006, 10:38 PM

Deathknight is the only exception.

BlackWaltz
09-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Okay so its clear i have to leave AOL. We are currently on TalkTalk phone line and that means the broadbrand is for free so i will be switching to them. Can anyone tell me if they are compatible with xbox360 live?

Araciel
09-19-2006, 10:46 PM
any high-speed internet that uses an ethernet cord (looks like a big phone cord) should be compatible

bipper
09-19-2006, 11:55 PM
It is not so much that Microsoft hates just aol, they hate EVERY company that is in thier monopolies path. I mean, all they do is suck money away from that Dirtbag Gates who sucks money using illigitimately and illegally out of the world and send the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif to affrica so he looks like a good man. Whatta douche.

But yeh; support localised internet. Supporting the big guys is just supporting internet facism :)

Araciel
09-19-2006, 11:56 PM
...internet facism :)

sweet

Madame Adequate
09-20-2006, 12:09 AM
Can you use X-Box Live with NTL? I tried with it for the original X-Box, but there was some error or another. I never bothered chasing it up though.

The Shoeless Hobo
09-20-2006, 07:06 AM
If you have a problem connecting directly through your router, then connect through you pc by using your pc like a router(/hub?). Yet you have to keep your pc/internet connection on every time you play xbox live.

I do it, only because i cant be smurfed buying a wireless adapter because my router is too far away from my 360.

EDIT: It's called sharing your internet connection. ;)

Araciel
09-20-2006, 07:07 AM
thats how i used to connect when i had live...just take the connection from the comp and give it to the box instead

fantasyjunkie
09-20-2006, 07:27 AM
I had AOL once. They are HORRIBLE! The service sucked and I had to change bank accounts to keep them from deducting from my checking account because they wouldn't stop even though I asked several times. They are just horrible.

Elite Lord Sigma
09-20-2006, 08:52 PM
Many people hate AOL. I no longer have it as an Internet provider.

The problem with the huge companies being Internet providers is because in most of the United States, the larger companies usually have a duopoly, if not a monopoly over Internet connection services, so there's little incentive to keep prices down and to improve the system. This is part of the reason why the U.S. has Internet connections which are 20 times slower and cost twice as much as the Internet connections over in Japan.

bipper
09-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Many people hate AOL. I no longer have it as an Internet provider.

The problem with the huge companies being Internet providers is because in most of the United States, the larger companies usually have a duopoly, if not a monopoly over Internet connection services, so there's little incentive to keep prices down and to improve the system. This part of the reason why the U.S. has Internet connections which are 20 times slower and cost twice as much as the Internet connections over in Japan.

Very True! Our poloticians make America FUCKING SUCk.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 08:55 PM
well japanese people live so close they can probably just network all the computers in the country on a LAN anyway