PDA

View Full Version : solo challenge help.

boys from the dwarf
09-19-2006, 10:05 PM
o.k. im starting a solo yuffie challenge (actually ive only just beaten FF4 a couple of hours ago but ill start it soon.) and would like to know a couple of things.

i know that the soonest point you can get yuffie is in a forest in the junon area.

are there any bosses after that point that are impossible to beat solo? i know the boss in junon is nearly impossible because of its bubble trap attack so ill need to revive a character for that battle to continue with the challenge (i could just level up until i beat it but that would be boring and ruin the challenge.) i cant think of any other bosses like this. maybe ones with instant death attacks or something. any bosses that i should watch out for because of attacks like these?

thanks in advance. peace out.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-19-2006, 10:19 PM
dunno about any seriously hard bosses, bt i would recommend using mythril mine to get all her limits before progressing (doom of the living should help loads for bosses)

Zeromus_X
09-20-2006, 12:23 AM
You could always get lucky and hope that it doesn't use the Bubble attack, thought I don't know if that would help or not.

When I did that part, I had Cloud with Meteorain, so...I don't think I can help much. :(

Well, at least there aren't many monsters like these that will give you trouble, except for the Demon's Gate. Luckily Yuffie's limits cause alot more damage then Cait's.

Things you should always have on:

Enemy Skill (Learn Trine/Aqualung/Beta, Big Guard, and White Wind as soon as possible).
Counter-Attack
HP Plus, MP Plus optional
Elemental Rings/Ribbon depending on your enemy
Time Materia

There's probably some others, but these are some of the best selections for a solo challenge.

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2006, 07:08 AM
i figured yuffies stats with her being a ninja would make this a good challenge. i have two rules,

1. no KoTR.
2. only one counter attack materia.

by bosses i mean ones that are actually close to impossible to beat without another character E.G. reno is pretty much impossible to beat solo because of his pyramid attack. i know demon gate is hard but its not impossible. im doing a little research on materia but i already know some good combninations. i think bottomswell will be the only impossible boss unless there are others with instant death attack (in which case i might just hope to get lucky and hope they dont use those attacks.)

i know that when you go to wutai yuffie takes your materia and runs so i'll need to use characters for that bit but thats about it.

EDIT:

I've just thought. carry armour has that arm cage attack but i think i can disable the arm before it used that move.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
09-20-2006, 01:15 PM
yeh, go in with a full limit and if ur lucky (and strong enough) doom of the living will get rid of both arms

for demon gate i would recommend doing the fort condor mission after gettin the key stone but before going into the temple. u can win yuffie's weapon thats the equivalent of the ToA weapons (i.e. hi atk and little materia) this weapon will most certainly help with demon gate

TheSpoonyBard
09-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Here's a quick list of the tricky boss moves and the main effects you need to worry about.

Bottomswell - Water Polo (trapped)
Demon's Gate - Petrif-Eye (Slow-Numb)
Carry Armour - Arm Grab (trapped)
Elena - Bewildered (Confusion)
Bizzaro/Safer Sephiroth - Heartless Angel (Reduces HP to 1)
Safer Sephiroth - Pale Horse (Frog and Small), Super Nova (Confusion), Break (Petrification)

boys from the dwarf
09-20-2006, 04:45 PM
thanks. i dont think confusion will be enough of a problem to force me to revive a character. things like petrification, traps and instant death are though. i think most fights are possible with one character anyway. im starting the game now so it wont be long before my challenge begins.

i think i can beat bottomswell if i act quickly and use a limit break. ive been playing FF7 for over 3 hours pretty much non stop and am at aeris's house before the shinra building.