PDA

View Full Version : Stupid games you made up as a kid.

I Took the Red Pill
09-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Everyone had an imagination when they were a kid. This is indisputable. With that said, I used that imagination to make many stupid games that I look back now and, although they were dumb games, I had alot of fun with them. What games did you make up as a child?

My personal favorite was "The Floor is Made of Lava".

Tavrobel
09-19-2006, 10:46 PM
The bed is a moonbounce.

I also invented Starfox 64: The Board Game.

Kuroshima
09-19-2006, 10:48 PM
I didn't make it up btu Grounders was a big one.

I mdae up....erm....... SHARKS! Danadnananananannanananananan DADA!

Decessus
09-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Hide and Ditch.

Necronopticous
09-19-2006, 10:51 PM
I made up RPGs on the platforms on the side of the bathtub with action figures and lego men, complete with random battles.

sephirothishere
09-19-2006, 10:56 PM
Hide and Ditch

i played that all the time....

my fav was 'go stand over there...(points to road...or secluded area...)ill be there in a minute...'

Captain Maxx Power
09-19-2006, 11:01 PM
When me and me fellow hearties be young lads, we be making up a game we be callin' "Smacks". The rules of this game be simple. First ye must be finding yerself a hard surface. Then ye be smacking yer noggin off this surface. Yer friend be doin' the same, except he be adding more "hits". The winner be the last person to be knocked out or to be drawin' blood.

blackmage_nuke
09-19-2006, 11:01 PM
first one to the moon (ie Ceiling)

Just built up a tower of pillows and blankets on a bed and the first person to touch the ceiling wins, i never won though

but now i just have to reach up to touch the ceiling

Old Manus
09-19-2006, 11:03 PM
AEROPLANES

KentaRawr!
09-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Mr. Do, Haystack Edition!

It's true.

The Unknown Guru
09-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Even though corners existed when I was 6, I didn't know that, so I reinvented it.

Also, I created football chess, something that I still think is pretty good for a privately invented chess variant.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 12:26 AM
When me and me fellow hearties be young lads, we be making up a game we be callin' "Smacks". The rules of this game be simple. First ye must be finding yerself a hard surface. Then ye be smacking yer noggin off this surface. Yer friend be doin' the same, except he be adding more "hits". The winner be the last person to be knocked out or to be drawin' blood.

you did that? you must have a strong constitution to be able to type after all that head trauma...unless you wussed out and didn't do it hard enough

NINJA_Ryu
09-20-2006, 01:10 AM
I remember me and my friends (at the hearty age of 6) played as pokemon when the craze was happening.

Moon Rabbits
09-20-2006, 01:18 AM
The Floor Is Made Of Lava - I always tried to get from my bedroom to my living room downstairs without touching the floor. I loved this game :}

Ice Cream Jump - I made this game up with my two brothers. I don't remember where the name came from, but basically we just stacked a bunch of couch pillows/cushions/blankets/etc. on top of eachother, as well as sticking one of us in the middle of the stack. Then the other two jumped into it. :}

Some sort of bee game There was a bees nest in a hole in the ground and my friends and I stomped in the hole and then ran away from very mad bees (many bee stings and bites were the result of this game)

Last Man Standing You push eachother until only one person is standing. I wound up breaking my friend's thumb in this game. This game sort of reminds me of a mosh pit, only I was doing it at 10.

oddler
09-20-2006, 05:18 AM
I made up RPGs on the platforms on the side of the bathtub with action figures and lego men, complete with random battles.

You have no idea how much you rule right now. I did that with all my friends when I was younger... In real life.

Nasarian Altimeros
09-20-2006, 05:25 AM
Baldur's Gate

-TIDUS-
09-20-2006, 05:27 AM
I played Samurai Pizza Cats at recess with my friends.

Miriel
09-20-2006, 05:39 AM
I used to play a game called Cockroach. :D

I wonder if anyone here can figure out how this game was played. I "invented" it and we used to play it all the time as kids. It's fairly obvious, the name is descriptive.

Levian
09-20-2006, 06:19 AM

I wonder if anyone here can figure out how this game was played. I "invented" it and we used to play it all the time as kids. It's fairly obvious, the name is descriptive.

You were being disgusting in front of others?
You were crawling around on the floor aimlessly?
You were surviving the end of the world?

I invented this stupid game called "THE CALENDER MURDERER" and yes, it was in all capital letters because it was really scary. I don't remember how it went but it included people dying and the players had to guess some sort of pattern. Pretty stupid game, really.

Oh, and I loved the not touching the floor game. :love:

Jowy
09-20-2006, 06:34 AM
We used to get down on our knees, grab our ankles, and try and charge at each other full speed and knock each other over.

Games of 'ankle wrestling' still happen to settle disputes.

Miriel
09-20-2006, 06:41 AM

You were being disgusting in front of others?
You were crawling around on the floor aimlessly?
You were surviving the end of the world?

Oh, and I loved the not touching the floor game. :love:

Hahah, close! But it wasn't aimless. We had a classroom at school that had no windows and lots of big round tables. We'd go in there and turn off the lights so that it was pitch black. Then everyone would climb on top of the tables and wait there until the person who was the Cockroach came to get them. People on the tables were allowed to get down and run to another table, but they can't stay on the ground. The cockroach had to crawl around the ground and always keep both knees and at least one hand on the floor at all times. The other hand could reach up and try and grab someone who was on the table so that they would be the next cockroach. It was fun cause it was dark and scary and there was someone scramblng around the floor reaching for your legs and stuff. :p

Rase
09-20-2006, 06:43 AM
The Floor Is Made Of Lava - I always tried to get from my bedroom to my living room downstairs without touching the floor. I loved this game :}

That's pretty much it. Other than that we'd just go exploring in the woods alot and fight with sticks.

Azure Chrysanthemum
09-20-2006, 06:45 AM
I used to be a prolific tabletop game designer, although this was around when I was approaching High School age. I don't know what happened to them, but I used to have many, MANY files of word documents of rather complex games with stats, rules, races, and the like.

I should look those up someday. I had a lot of fun with them.

Loony BoB
09-20-2006, 11:02 AM
We played Jonty. It involved a tennis ball and teams. Basically there is no way to really win, either. You play it on a field, to save from some injuries. The idea is that you give a tennis ball to Team A and the Team B beats the crap out of whoever in Team A has the tennis ball in order to get it off them. Once they get it off them, the roles reverse. It was great fun, though. You could rely on speed and run like hell from people, good throwing where you just keep throwing it to someone who isn't marked by anyone, strength when it comes to just shoving people away and of course, should anyone get taken to the ground, it becomes sort of like an dirty rugby maul where you just have to try and pry someone's hand open to get the ball before he can manage to slip it away to another teammate. It's probably the most fun sport I've ever played!

sephirothishere
09-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Hahah, close! But it wasn't aimless. We had a classroom at school that had no windows and lots of big round tables. We'd go in there and turn off the lights so that it was pitch black. Then everyone would climb on top of the tables and wait there until the person who was the Cockroach came to get them. People on the tables were allowed to get down and run to another table, but they can't stay on the ground. The cockroach had to crawl around the ground and always keep both knees and at least one hand on the floor at all times. The other hand could reach up and try and grab someone who was on the table so that they would be the next cockroach. It was fun cause it was dark and scary and there was someone scramblng around the floor reaching for your legs and stuff.

runnin around in the dark is fun until i get hurt......then its even funner....cuz then the cockroach and me are crawlin around on the floor lookin disgustin and mangled....hahahahhahhahahah........

Rocket Edge
09-20-2006, 08:14 PM
We played Jonty. It involved a tennis ball and teams. Basically there is no way to really win, either. You play it on a field, to save from some injuries. The idea is that you give a tennis ball to Team A and the Team B beats the crap out of whoever in Team A has the tennis ball in order to get it off them. Once they get it off them, the roles reverse. It was great fun, though. You could rely on speed and run like hell from people, good throwing where you just keep throwing it to someone who isn't marked by anyone, strength when it comes to just shoving people away and of course, should anyone get taken to the ground, it becomes sort of like an dirty rugby maul where you just have to try and pry someone's hand open to get the ball before he can manage to slip it away to another teammate. It's probably the most fun sport I've ever played!
I used to play that too! We had a differant name for it though, i can't remember it at the moment..

Dreddz
09-20-2006, 08:19 PM
IM A CELEBRITY, GET ME OUT OF HERE !

Fun times :greenie:

Ender
09-20-2006, 08:33 PM
I invented a war game between my stuffed animals (I had A LOT of them). I would line them up in battle formation on opposite sides of the living room, then lob a small nerf ball. Whenever one got hit by the ball directly they would be "killed" and whenever it was on a single bounce they were "wounded" and they would be removed from battle. Sometimes my brother would play with me, and I think even my dad "generaled" one of the sides a few times.

My sister and I also invented this game called "Freeze Ball." We actually created a neighborhood league. There was a house next door to ours in which the people were almost never there, and on the side facing our yard was a giant, windowless wall of their house. We had a small/kiddie tennis net that we would set up to separate the "court." Each team had two players. We took a soccer-ball sized plastic ball (like those ones in the ball racks/bins in grocery stores) and served it underhand volleyball style off the wall to the otherside of the court. Then play proceeded by knocking the ball back across the court by hitting it off the wall and so on. When the ball hit the ground, the person closest to it had to "freeze." Then the play resumed until both players on one team were "frozen" and the non-frozen team would receive a point. 6 points won a set, three sets wins the match. There were some extra rules, like if a frozen person caught a ball without moving their feet, they could be unfrozen. The initial serve had to be put within a specific area of play or it was a "balk" (to prevent the server from just blasting it off the wall as far as they could). Anyway, we had hours and hours of fun playing this game. It's something I cherish because as you get older you find there's increasingly less a boy and his sister can have fun doing together. :cry:

Bunny
09-20-2006, 08:42 PM

Ice Cream Jump - I made this game up with my two brothers. I don't remember where the name came from, but basically we just stacked a bunch of couch pillows/cushions/blankets/etc. on top of eachother, as well as sticking one of us in the middle of the stack. Then the other two jumped into it. :}

I played those in excess.

"Dark Tag" was also big in my household. Basically it was a nighttime game of tag. Except it usually got violent and accidental, with people tripping over couches or chairs, running into walls, etc. I probably didn't make it up, but we had a lot of fun.

Tackle Basketball. About 12-15 kids playing a game of street basketball on a half-court. Complete with legal tackles, pushing, shoving, and sometimes punches in the face. We also had a version of football like this. It was on cement. World of pain. Especially when you're the smallest kid with almost no muscle mass. It helped to be very quick and good with the "jukes".

I invented Pokemon.

My older brother and I also maintained an RPG using nothing but a chessboard, with pieces, and our own imaginations. I think we had one going for a full month. It was fun. Then we found Dungeons and Dragons and our world expanded. No more rooks and bishops for us!

We also had a version of the above game except it involved a deck or two of playing cards instead of a chessboard. I can't remember what the point of it all was, but it turned into a big thing.

My older brother and I also played a paper and pencil version of SimAnt. We would take notebooks and create our own ant holes, complete with logical and fair numbers of what each ant hole would have. Worker ants, "fighter" ants, the queen ant, and the whole she-bang. We would then do a sort of Role-Playing Ant War.

We were kinda strange.

I also used to play a game where I would peel the biggest piece of skin off my body (usually it came from my foot) and then I would chase my friends around, or my brother's friends around, yelling "LOOK AT THIS! LOOK AT THIS!" while they yelled "Get away from me, freak! GO AWAY!".

I was kinda gross.

McLovin'
09-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Hide and Go seek WAR.

Jessweeee♪
09-20-2006, 11:54 PM
80 different types of tag, that were really the same
The Floor is Made of Lava, who hasn't played that :D
Stinkbomb, which was basically dodgeball with dirty socks

Fonzie
09-21-2006, 12:18 AM
I played "What's in my mouth" with girls in the dark once.

We started with Winterfresh, and ended up with Big Red :eek:

nik0tine
09-21-2006, 12:32 AM
NERD!

Vikeve
09-21-2006, 12:32 AM
Pkay my friend Emma and i created a game called beelings where there was an evil bee named beelings and it would turn people into zombies and we would have two teams the zombies and the humans. The zombies would chase the humans and if you got caught as a human then they would put you in these circles we drew on the baseball feild ( i forgot what they were called :( i'll have to ask Emma)
And then on a rectangle on the basball feild we would be safe i think it was called the no devoureration zoin or something wierd like that :D and we would have to tag our friends in the circles to free them but our plans were always the same "run around like crazy monkeys!" half the time it worked. That IS th best game ever when you play it right! We added rules and levels and abilities for each other too great times.:D

We started it when i almost stepped on a bee and it started chaing me and i screamed and Emma and i started acting like idiots we would scream "run to the high grounds" then we would run to the top of the jungle gyms and then scream "no he's up here run to the low grounds" and jump down.:D

I played the don't touch the ground becuase its lava game to then if you touched the ground you could only touch the ground and you were the Lava monster.:D

When my brother was little he ould pretend to be a scientist and in a cup in the bathtub would mix all the different shampoo and conditioner and stuff but then mom relised that h also pissed in the cups... Funny.
i did that to but didn't pea but i also battled my action figures and i would bring my toys to school and play with them when the teachers weren't looking but i never got caught even though i thought i might.