PDA

View Full Version : 7 friggen pounds!

mooglebunni608
09-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Okay. So, over the course of the last 6 weeks, I gained 7 pounds! O_O

How did this happen?

Well, I'd been having stomach problems for a few years, and finnaly I got taken to the scary doctors. I got tested for Syliac (something about not being allowed to have gluten) and lactose intolerance. I also got put on GERD* medication, which has seemed to work.
Except I gained 7 pounds before I knew what hit me.
Before I took these pills, I was consistenly 105-110 pounds for about a year, and I was pretty sure I'd be thinner were it not for my constant bloating. I was also sure the I was at the average weight for a 15 year old girl.
Now, out of the blue, mom is telling me that I'm supposed to be heavier. And she tells me I have to have better eating habits.
But these med make me want to eat 24/7 O_O

So, um, discuss....
your diet?
what you'd eat if you could (like if it wouldn't clog your arteries, etc.)
and other stuff along those lines....

I ate almost a whole pie today! ^_^

* Look it up

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
09-20-2006, 03:05 AM
I can eat everything i want and not gain fat weight...i just go to the gym to work out a bit or to the pool and swim a bit.

Leen-Leen
09-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Hmm, what is the average weight for a 15 year old, anyways?

When I was little, my mom and dad didn't let me eat a lot of junk food, so I learned to grow up without them. xD BUT, they did let me grow up eating a LOT of rice. So, at one point, I started to only eat one cup of rice a day, and I actually look a lot thinner (especially in the arms xP) because of that. But I still :heart: rice.

Strider
09-20-2006, 03:26 AM
I eat terribly, but I haven't gained any weight in about three or four years. I win! :D

Kuroshima
09-20-2006, 03:28 AM
I eat pretty much anything I can cook. If I cant cook it I won't eat it! and to stop form getting fat I use Boflex!

Khaotic
09-20-2006, 03:44 AM
You grew..? Puberty? Breasts? Who knows.. you're 15, lots of things can effect 7 pounds.

rubah
09-20-2006, 03:51 AM
Dont' eat whole pies. Chew gum and drink water!

[edit-- if you need to, tape your mouth shut.]

Zeromus_X
09-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Moderate exercise and a decent diet is just fine for me.

Of course, my abounding love of water doesn't need to be said. <3 Ditch the soda.

Still, it's only 7 pounds. Unless your actual physical appearance is in jeopardy, I wouldn't worry too much.

I'd eat pizza more often, except if more often then not gives me heartburn and it isn't exactly the healthiest/breath friendliest food in the culinary world.

Psychotic
09-20-2006, 04:26 AM
I eat anything and everything that doesn't taste terrible. Heart Attack City, here I come. I want to put on weight anyway so it's all good.

Christmas
09-20-2006, 04:28 AM
I DO EAT WHAT I WANT, YOU GOT PROBLEM?

Jojee
09-20-2006, 04:47 AM
That's nothing ^_~ After I went home for Spring Break last year (this year?) I came back and weighed myself like a week after and I was like 104 lbs o_O But before I went home I was 95 lbsish....

Then I lost it again pretty quick and now I'm ~94, which I've been around consistently for around 3 years ;o

Faris
09-20-2006, 04:53 AM
I don't know what I've been doing right, but I've lost weight. I cut out any sort of sweets and chips, and got hooked on noodles.

-TIDUS-
09-20-2006, 05:31 AM
Over the last year or so I've been trying to gain weight because my football coach has been pestering me to. So I basically eat a crapload of carbs, protein, protein powders, etc. I have like 4 meals a day. I works too in from last september i went from 130-150. As for your mother wanting you to gain weight I'm sure alot of mothers do that because I have three sisters and my mother is constantly telling them to eat more, even though they eat enough already.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 05:36 AM
i'm a big person...very tall and medium build...i weigh about 240 most of the time....as you can imagine, 5 pounds comes and goes with no one noticing. i eat everything that can't get away from me

i used to have a strict healthy diet to build muscle and trim a bit of fat away, along with a strict exercise regime which i halfheartedly hold to still, but i eat fast food and/or junk food almost daily, not to mention drinking pop.

but i'm a guy, and 24...my metabolism is slowing down and my flat stomach is aching to turn into a pot.

Zeromus_X
09-20-2006, 05:59 AM
i'm a big person...very tall and medium build...i weigh about 240 most of the time....as you can imagine, 5 pounds comes and goes with no one noticing. i eat everything that can't get away from me

i used to have a strict healthy diet to build muscle and trim a bit of fat away, along with a strict exercise regime which i halfheartedly hold to still, but i eat fast food and/or junk food almost daily, not to mention drinking pop.

but i'm a guy, and 24...my metabolism is slowing down and my flat stomach is aching to turn into a pot.

:nonono: :cat: Don't be so reckless! Unless you actually don't really care about it all that much, but for me, that would be one of the things that would be important to watch out for.

Araciel
09-20-2006, 06:01 AM
oh i'm in good shape...i indulge once in a while...better than most people i know...i'm the health nut because i only drink one can of coke every couple of days or have some chips

abrojtm
09-20-2006, 06:08 AM
I pretty much have nada on the metabolism. I can look at food and gain a pound.
This is why I try to run often. It usually fails miserably.

Levian
09-20-2006, 06:12 AM
I've been skinny all my life, but I'm starting to gain a little weight now, but nothing major. I pretty much eat what I want, but if I know something is healthy and I happen to like it, I tend to eat it ever so often. Like SALMON. :shifty: Mmm, Salmon. :shifty:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
09-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Oi. I am doing just the opposite. I weigh 10 lbs less now than I did this time last year. Thanks to a fairly good amount of excersice this summer. That will be very good for me come wrestling season in school. I will probably be able to be at the 112 lbs weight class again, for the third year in a row. Awesomesauce! :cool:

Miriel
09-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Oh god, I hate you people.

I gain weight like crazy. And even though a lot of it is my fault (snacking down and not exercising enough), I have extremely slow metabolism. I get it from my Dad. I even had a doctor check me out. She gave me some pills that were supposed to help with that, but they tasted like crap and I stopped taking them awhile ago.

It sucks cause my brother can eat a whole cow and not gain weight. *jealous hatred*